There's a new mod in town
01-04-2014, 05:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 05:50 PM by Bring4th_Austin.)
There's a new mod in town
L/L Research would like to welcome plenum (now Bring4th_Plenum) to the Bring4th mod team!

This decision is made in light of a glaring imbalance within the mod team which was recently brought to our attention. We are always striving to maintain a broad perspective and our highest goal is to ensure that all viewpoints are considered in moderator deliberation. This means expanding our perceptions to account for certain points of view that we are not afforded in our every day life.

It recently came to our attention that L/L Research is completely lacking a crucial point of view for our actions to be balanced and fair. There was a certain point of view that just could not be accounted for by expanding our current awareness. It's a point of view that comes only with true experience.

We realized our team was severely imbalanced towards the Northern Hemisphere. How could we go so long with this severe imbalance? How could any of our decisions be considered balanced when we are engulfed in the brisk of winter and an entire half of the planet suffers through the heat of the summer? How can we understand what it is like to experience a summer solstice in December? And probably most of all, they have to view everything upside down since they're on the underside of the Earth! As Ra might say, even considering this madness staggers the intellectual and intuitive capacities.

We moved quickly to amend this imbalance. We selected a person we consider to be the best representative the Southern Hemisphere could provide. Not only does Plenum exude the many qualities we consider to be important for the moderating task - including effective communication, a perception centered in compassion, the ability to consider alternative viewpoints, and the desire to serve – he will balance our perspective from his perch Down Under. In addition to this, his experience in wrangling cockatoos and avoiding the outrageous density of toxic and venomous animals in his homeland will likely transfer very well to internet forum moderator. Now the Southern Hemisphere will have a clear voice within the Bring4th mod team, and we can't be more excited to welcome him aboard.

Welcome, Bring4th_Plenum!
The following 18 users Like Bring4th_Austin's post:
Adonai One, bosphorus, Bring4th_Jade, Horuseus, isis, jacrob, Jeremy, Marc, Namaste, omcasey, Parsons, Patrick, reeay, Spaced, Steppingfeet, Wai, xise, βαθμιαίος
01-04-2014, 05:52 PM,
RE: There's a new mod in town
Very cool, great choice Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Spaced's post:
bosphorus
01-04-2014, 05:53 PM,
Grand Master Plenum lol

Man with many tools and who holds golden hammer

Greetings,

Dr. Goof
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2014, 05:57 PM,
congratulations Garry. have a great time.
01-04-2014, 06:17 PM,
(˙ʇı pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ os uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ buıʇıɹʍ) ¡ɯnuǝןd 'suoıʇɐןnʇɐɹbuoɔ
The following 7 users Like βαθμιαίος's post:
Bring4th_Austin, Cynthia, Ens Entium, Parsons, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup, xise
01-04-2014, 06:23 PM,
Took long enough, was wondering when Plenum would be a mod aha
Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like Unbound's post:
Spaced, Steppingfeet
01-04-2014, 06:28 PM,
thanks for the kind welcome all.

I knew something was up this morning when I woke with a sharp sensation in the back of my shoulder blades, on both sides. I got up, went to the mirror, and KNEW IT STRAIGHT AWAY - angel wings!

I had been transformed overnight by the power and the light of bring4th.

but seriously, thanks Austin, Spaced, rie, and bos-man. And everyone else who is a proud member of these forums. Being here over the last 2 years as a member has transformed my understanding of the Law of One, and each day brings new and exciting catalyst to process and integrate. It is an enlivening experience.

I also recognise that it is a great honor to be called to serve as mod; and is a duty/responsibility of the highest degree.

Ra offered their thoughts as a 'humble messenger':

Quote:13.4 Ra: I can only request that if your discernment/understanding suggests the use of this vibratory sound complex, Ra, the phrase “An humble messenger of the Law of One” be appended.

and I can only hope to execute the role of mod with the same humility, respect, and perseverance that those of Ra did when called by those of the channeling group.

thank you again, and this is a most awesome start to 2014 for me!

- -

and truly, Plenum bows to all things, both animate ... and in-animate:

[Image: XkhVtlK.jpg]

Big Grin

ps and thank you Mr Greek. Although I think I might have done myself a neck injury in reading your words. My monitor is normally adjusted 180degrees to read your northern hemisphere words ... you do do things strangely on that side of the globe!

one thing to say to you Tanner ... 'AHA!' Big Grin
The following 18 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Adonai One, bosphorus, Bring4th_Austin, Bring4th_Jade, Ens Entium, Fastidious Emanations, isis, kycahi, Marc, Namaste, Oldern, Parsons, reeay, Spaced, Steppingfeet, sunnysideup, xise, βαθμιαίος
01-04-2014, 06:42 PM,
Congrats brother long overdue me thinks Smile
The following 1 user Likes Jeremy's post:
Adonai One
01-04-2014, 07:08 PM,
(01-04-2014, 06:28 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote:  thanks for the kind welcome all.

I knew something was up this morning when I woke with a sharp sensation in the back of my shoulder blades, on both sides. I got up, went to the mirror, and KNEW IT STRAIGHT AWAY - angel wings!

I had been transformed overnight by the power and the light of bring4th.

but seriously, thanks Austin, Spaced, rie, and bos-man. And everyone else who is a proud member of these forums. Being here over the last 2 years as a member has transformed my understanding of the Law of One, and each day brings new and exciting catalyst to process and integrate. It is an enlivening experience.

I also recognise that it is a great honor to be called to serve as mod; and is a duty/responsibility of the highest degree.

Ra offered their thoughts as a 'humble messenger':

Quote:13.4 Ra: I can only request that if your discernment/understanding suggests the use of this vibratory sound complex, Ra, the phrase “An humble messenger of the Law of One” be appended.

and I can only hope to execute the role of mod with the same humility, respect, and perseverance that those of Ra did when called by those of the channeling group.

thank you again, and this is a most awesome start to 2014 for me!

- -

and truly, Plenum bows to all things, both animate ... and in-animate:

[Image: XkhVtlK.jpg]

Big Grin

ps and thank you Mr Greek. Although I think I might have done myself a neck injury in reading your words. My monitor is normally adjusted 180degrees to read your northern hemisphere words ... you do do things strangely on that side of the globe!

one thing to say to you Tanner ... 'AHA!' Big Grin

AHH! u got your wings! i just watched "it's a wonderful life" last night...& if u haven't seen it then u don't kno why this is a cool sync! Tongue

i thought u already were a mod... Wink

i really did sometimes, though...even though it didn't say so. 1 time i even thought u were Carla in disguise. Big Grin

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
The following 1 user Likes isis's post:
Adonai One
01-04-2014, 07:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 07:25 PM by zenmaster.)
Plenum, whatever they're paying you, it's not enough!

Chat room status: Bring4th_Plenum
The following 4 users Like zenmaster's post:
Adonai One, isis, Patrick, Wai
01-04-2014, 07:33 PM,
I really don't like to be a party pooper but I'm not as enthusiastic as the others. As I've experienced you, plenum, as a moderator in the chat room, and frequently had to ask you why you didn't step in as a mod when the atmosphere was quite negative. It's the reason why I rarely visit the chat anymore. All in all I'm concerned about the atmosphere in general here, since I often feel the guidelines are not taken very seriously.
The following 2 users Like Melissa's post:
Adonai One, Poet
01-04-2014, 07:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 07:44 PM by xise.)
(01-04-2014, 07:33 PM)Melissa Wrote:  I really don't like to be a party pooper but I'm not as enthusiastic as the others. As I've experienced you, plenum, as a moderator in the chat room, and frequently had to ask you why you didn't step in as a mod when the atmosphere was quite negative. It's the reason why I rarely visit the chat anymore. All in all I'm concerned about the atmosphere in general here, since I often feel the guidelines are not taken very seriously.

There are at least two types of cases where this may have occurred:

1) Plenum has logged into chat but was not actually checking the chat for an extended period of time.

2) Plenum was checking the chat and took no action.

If the issue is 1), perhaps there should be anti-idle mechanism (perhaps adding an "away from keyboard" icon after a few minutes of idling) so that an idle mod in the chat won't give the wrong impression that he or she has no problem with the chat when he or she is in fact away from the keyboard or chat window for extended periods of time. Otherwise, an impression may be created that whatever is happening in the chat room when the mod is logged in occurs with the mod's blessing.

Service to Others means Service to All. That includes yourself.
The following 2 users Like xise's post:
Adonai One, Marc
01-04-2014, 07:46 PM,
[deleted]
The following 1 user Likes michael430's post:
Adonai One
01-04-2014, 07:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 07:52 PM by xise.)
(01-04-2014, 07:46 PM)michael430 Wrote:  
(01-04-2014, 07:33 PM)Melissa Wrote:  I really don't like to be a party pooper but I'm not as enthusiastic as the others. As I've experienced you, plenum, as a moderator in the chat room, and frequently had to ask you why you didn't step in as a mod when the atmosphere was quite negative. It's the reason why I rarely visit the chat anymore. All in all I'm concerned about the atmosphere in general here, since I often feel the guidelines are not taken very seriously.

Pooping on a party in a public forum creates a negative atmosphere. Guess everyone's guilty. Sad

It's important to express, examine, understand, accept, and balance non-fleeting 'negativity', rather to than to suppress it to keep the peace.

So we are all guilty of only one thing: attempting to balance and evolve. And that's a good thing!!Smile

I appreciate the fact that Melissa felt comfortable enough to express herself in this thread. That speaks volumes as to the environment we've created as a community. I actually find that a bit beautiful.

The following 6 users Like xise's post:
Adonai One, isis, kycahi, Parsons, Spaced, βαθμιαίος
01-04-2014, 07:59 PM,
Sweet..good choice Wink
The following 1 user Likes Icaro's post:
Adonai One
01-04-2014, 08:07 PM,
[deleted]
The following 1 user Likes michael430's post:
Adonai One
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM,
So I'd like to welcome Plenum as the new mod!
The following 2 users Like GentleReckoning's post:
Adonai One, xise
01-04-2014, 09:04 PM,
Congrats, Plenum.

Now that the Northern and Southern Hemispheres imbalance is corrected, I look forward to the day when the Western and Eastern Hemispheres imbalance is also corrected, as we move towards becoming "One", not only on this forum, but everywhere. Heart
When the student is ready, the master will appear - Lao Tzu 老子
The following 3 users Like Wai's post:
Adonai One, reeay, βαθμιαίος
01-04-2014, 09:21 PM,
Plenum, we have a newly created 2014 tradition of initiation and hazing new mods at homecoming.

How does streaking through the streets of Louisville at midnight sound? Don't worry, we'll let you partake in liquid courage prior to the run Big Grin

The following 2 users Like xise's post:
Adonai One, Parsons
01-04-2014, 09:23 PM,
I respect Melissa's feelings and perspective. Perhaps good opportunity for both to work it out without so much noise from us. And here I created noise myself.
The following 1 user Likes reeay's post:
isis
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM,
Do people even get banned here, or what?
The following 1 user Likes Alex Zachary's post:
Adonai One
01-05-2014, 12:03 AM,
congrats plenum!
as your official very first receiver of moderator's care i'd like to ask for the special previlege of making me a moderator for the day!
yay!
?

*throws head back in grim laughter as forums are permanently turned into sexual energy transfer emailing device through programming genius, thus accomplishing the prophecies of A recent forumite*.. Cool

Wink
Heart
As far as we are aware we are in an infinite creation. There is no counting
The following 1 user Likes Fastidious Emanations's post:
Adonai One
01-05-2014, 03:02 AM,

As far as I knew Plenum has never been the chat room moderator, he just likes to be in there.

Which guidelines do you feel are not taken seriously, may I ask?
The following 1 user Likes Unbound's post:
Adonai One
01-05-2014, 03:10 AM,
(01-05-2014, 03:02 AM)Tanner Wrote:  As far as I knew Plenum has never been the chat room moderator, he just likes to be in there.

well, actually, I have been Tanner, but maybe I was going so incognito that no-one noticed Big Grin

yes, and thanks Mel. Your concerns have been noted, and are currently in discussion with the 4 mods/admins.
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Adonai One, Poet
01-05-2014, 03:20 AM,
Well maybe I am just oblivious aha
The following 1 user Likes Unbound's post:
Adonai One
01-05-2014, 03:45 AM,
(01-05-2014, 03:20 AM)Tanner Wrote:  Well maybe I am just oblivious aha

Big Grin

and thanks again everyone for their warm welcome.

@Jeremy, truesimultaneity (wow, I needed to spellcheck that twice to get that right Big Grin), zenm, Mel, xise, Michael430, Icaro, GR, Wai, Lexx Luther, and my brother in arms, mr abyss.

and perhaps its a good time (thanks to the suggestion of Mel), to look over the guidelines for the forums once again, if you've never seen them before.

most of them are fairly common sense, but it doesn't hurt to view them once again, so that everyone's expectations are on the same page.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=63

at the heart of it is a deep sense of compassion, as we try to interact with others, despite some of our ongoing rough edges.

but yes, there are some rules to this place! (and please dispose of your garbage thoughtfully as you exit the building).

big 'P' Plenum
The following 2 users Like Bring4th_Plenum's post:
Adonai One, isis
01-05-2014, 06:04 AM,
I wish to make clear that my response wasn't intended to complain or spread negativity. Plenum thank you for not taking it personal, I wish you all the best as a new member of the the team Smile
The following 3 users Like Melissa's post:
Adonai One, Poet, βαθμιαίος
01-05-2014, 07:25 AM,
When I first came to this site I thought Plenum owned it or something! Thank you for all your service to this site Plenum, honestly very appreciated perfect choice for the job.

Lol congrats Plenz, sorry we didn't get to meet in Sydney (That's right it's me Wink ), I got swallowed up in the plans of others and my own problems but the meeting of these two cosmic masters shall happen one day, and there shall be much thunder down under to herald the occasion!
The following 6 users Like Fang's post:
Adonai One, Alex Zachary, isis, reeay, Spaced, zenmaster
01-05-2014, 09:26 AM,
Well done plenum, go forth and moderate!
The following 1 user Likes Bat's post:
βαθμιαίος
01-05-2014, 11:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM by Alex Zachary.)
Yes Plenum, next time when there's only two people on chat, please moderate the heck out of it, we can't have TOO MUCH negativity, it's EEEVIL , but you, you can stop IT , plenum, only you !
The following 1 user Likes Alex Zachary's post:
Marc