Username Change Notification Thread
01-15-2016, 05:27 PM,
RE: Username Change Notification Thread
(01-15-2016, 02:08 PM)Aion Wrote:  Yep, dat's moi.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aion_(deity)

It is my 'true' or 'complete' name which integrates all of my identities together in to One. It is my source and my destination. It is who and what I am. Ra says, 'yet we are Ra', and I say that though I am the Infinite Creator, yet I am Aion...

That's cool! I have similar connection to Ankh. There is infinity in it presented by the circle, which is then incarnated through the cross, the symbol of sacrifice. There are three ends to it, perhaps representations of three primal distortions. All in all, it represents us - the mystery. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 1 user Likes Ankh's post:
Aion
01-16-2016, 02:15 PM,

It is my 'true' or 'complete' name which integrates all of my identities together in to One. It is my source and my destination. It is who and what I am. Ra says, 'yet we are Ra', and I say that though I am the Infinite Creator, yet I am Aion...

Clicked on the link and found this..."Aion, identified with Eros in mythology" 

Thought it a funny coincidence  Wink
...the highest wisdom is to suffer all men to have full liberty to think on all subjects in their own way. - OAHSPE  
The following 1 user Likes Nicholas's post:
Aion
01-16-2016, 03:14 PM,
Yes I actually noticed that too. Eros is, I believe, a different entity but there is perhaps some familial relation.
01-16-2016, 03:18 PM,
(01-15-2016, 05:27 PM)Ankh Wrote:  

That's cool! I have similar connection to Ankh. There is infinity in it presented by the circle, which is then incarnated through the cross, the symbol of sacrifice. There are three ends to it, perhaps representations of three primal distortions. All in all, it represents us - the mystery. Smile

The Ankh is also a shape used to circulate energy. You would visualize energy moving along the two channels of the cross and the circle is arc'ed around the head, all connected at the heart. There is also the technique in sexual alchemy where you would circulate from the heart to the heart and around both heads, uniting the two in to one ankh which has always been known as the Cross of Life and the secret to immortality. It is kind of similar to the Buddhist Lotus. It is a microcosm of divine life and represents the highest seeking.
The following 1 user Likes Aion's post:
Ankh
12-27-2016, 03:58 PM,
I have returned to the forum, but I never posted too much in the past, so I doubt anyone really remembers. Big Grin Anyway, I have changed from Steppenwolf now into Rhayader and hope to be around a bit more. Smile
The following 5 users Like Rhayader's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, hounsic, Nicholas, sunnysideup
12-27-2016, 04:45 PM,
awesome stuff.  Welcome back Smile
01-17-2017, 06:59 AM,
facettes => Nía, my real name. Thank you, Steve! -`ღ´-

Compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness.
The following 6 users Like Nía's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Glow, Nicholas, smc, sunnysideup
01-17-2017, 07:22 AM,
welcome Nia!

Much Love,

Garry
01-17-2017, 08:13 AM,
Thank you, Garry!

Much Love to you, too! Heart

Compassion, sensitivity, and an ability to empathize are helpful in avoiding the distortions of man-made intelligence and awareness.
The following 1 user Likes Nía's post:
Bring4th_Plenum
01-24-2017, 02:30 PM,
Star Shine to SeekOne ~~~ Thank you!
The following 4 users Like SeekOne's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Nicholas, smc
02-01-2017, 04:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2017, 06:03 PM by Cyanicca.)
Quasimofo --> Cyanicca

(Cyan + Anicca)

I think this name is a little more appropriate for this community. Growing up I used Quasimofo as my gaming/online handle and always justified it because of actually having a hump (extra muscle) on my back from an irregularly shaped vertebrae, so I always sort of used it as a means of coping with the occasional mockery or odd stares I would get in public from my "unusual scoliosis" (as a doctor once described it) if I didn't stand up perfectly straight to conceal it. I think I've long since moved past the point of people caring about about my physical appearance and have/continue to use the catalyst to help people understand symmetrical perfection of the physical body isn't always what it's cracked up to be. My one friend will get pretty down on himself occasionally because his one eye rests lowers than the other, and you'd barely notice it unless he points it out, but it still bothers him to no end. But anyhow, I realize the "mofo" part may be offensive to some people in this community and the ever growing online community elsewhere where monikers don't carry the same anonymity as they used to, so I think this is a change for the better - even though I'll always defend the ever-living s*** out of language, regardless if it's "profanity" to some, that appropriately expresses what the soul is trying to communicate.

Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I feel better.

Smile
"Only from exile can we come Home" - tgd
The following 7 users Like Cyanicca's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Nía, Nicholas, sjel, smc, Spaced, sunnysideup
02-14-2017, 06:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2017, 08:23 AM by Sylvestre.)
Hey there,

just wanted to notify you guys that I changed my nickname from Sir_Galahad to Sylvestre.

Sir_Galahad is an old nickname I used to use on various forums.

Sylvestre is my real first name and I find it to be much more fitting.

There's this openness about me that made me uncomfortable using a nickname in place of my real name !
The following 8 users Like Sylvestre's post:
, Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, hounsic, Nía, Patrick, sjel, smc
02-16-2017, 01:00 PM,
Hello fellow seekers!
I discovered this forum in december and registered as "Agua del Cielo".
After a while i was becoming teally frustrated, too much forum catalyst to process :/
Back then i decided to close my account and if i would return in the future, i would start over with a new one.
Things unfolded differently.

I had some experiences that showed me the roots of my frustration, this helped a lot.
I was also in email contact with Bring4th_Plenum, his loving support and his providing of different perspectives helped me a lot (thank you so much, Plenum!!!).

I was still reading only.
Then one day i found a post by sjel concerning A breathing technique and felt the need to provide some important information. Since my old account was deactivated, i created a new one, just to answer that post.
With the help of Bring4th_plenum i got to enjoy the forum again and kept posting.

So, there was no confusion intended, but still, i would like to let you know.

Im planning on merging both of my accounts (in case this is possible at all) and already wrote Austin about it.

So, Muad-dib is the same strange person as Agua del Cielo Smile
The following 6 users Like Agua del Cielo's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, hounsic, Nía, smc, sunnysideup
02-21-2017, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2017, 08:49 PM by sjel.)
A username change - of sorts. Sjel is pronounced "shale." Smile Changing the username in your head Smile

There's only one of us here!
The following 7 users Like sjel's post:
Agua del Cielo, Bring4th_Plenum, hounsic, Infinite Unity, Nía, Night Owl, sunnysideup
05-24-2017, 08:32 AM,
I have changed mine from "jeremy6d" to "rva_jeremy".

Jeremy
It is not that love will tell you what to do.
It is that love will tell you how to do it with love.
Q'uo 3/19/06
The following 3 users Like rva_jeremy's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Nía
07-27-2017, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2017, 10:49 AM by Steppingfeet.)
Dear forums,

We launched Bring4th almost ten years ago. I’ve had the “Bring4th_” prefix ever since. That prefix has been debated among those on the team at various points. Among those who have held the office there is no desire, secret or otherwise, to elevate oneself, to draw attention, to inflate the sense of personal importance. The moderators are, like most people who enjoy the Law of One, of egalitarian bent. So the prefix has been uncomfortable to wear at times. But, it serves a functional necessity for the administration of the moderator duties and alerting forum members where they can go if help is needed. It’s like wearing a shirt that says “staff.”

I officially relinquished my moderator duties nine months ago with the completion of the Bring4th Restructuring Project. And since then it’s been wonderful. Austin, Garry, and Jade have had to carry the heavy burden of moderating whilst I have been sipping on pina coladas in my beach sandals, flipping through catalogues wondering what Caribbean cruises I will take next, and taking naps in my lounge chair at will. Ah, to be free of moderator duties. : )

I kid, of course. I only want to point out that moderating is or can be hard and difficult, thus my sense of freedom for not having to carry that particular cross. But that also means my respect for and gratitude toward Austin/Garry/Jade only grows. They serve this community well.

With this name change my minimal forum duties are still the same. I, as L/L’s director, exercise “oversight”(which just means passive observation—as no intervention is ever necessary with the combined skill and love that they bring to the table), I am still involved  with all structural decisions, and I’m available to pinch hit should anyone need to leave their post.

So thanks to their service, and with their support, I am now able to relinquish the prefix in favor of a regular username.

Who knows I may have to put the uniform back on, but until then I shall be known by the sound vibratory complex as Steppingfeet. Or Gary. Or Bean. Or dude. Or bro. Or friend. Or lover (if you are my wife.) Or hombre. Or expression of the one infinite Creator. Or G. Or Gare. Or Garebear (sometimes I get that). Or Doogie (I used to look a lot like Doogie Howser in high school). 

Love/Light Spirals,
G. Bean

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. - Rumi
The following 10 users Like Steppingfeet's post:
Aion, Bring4th_Jade, Bring4th_Plenum, Diana, Nía, Patrick, smc, sunnysideup, xise, YinYang
08-09-2017, 03:20 PM,
Just Stepping feet? Not Dancing or Prancing or Gallivanting?
08-23-2017, 03:47 PM,
(02-21-2017, 08:48 PM)sjel Wrote:  A username change - of sorts. Sjel is pronounced "shale." Smile Changing the username in your head Smile

haha all this time I was saying- Sha-jel
The following 2 users Like Infinite Unity's post:
Elros, sjel
08-23-2017, 04:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-23-2017, 04:47 PM by Elros.)
(08-23-2017, 03:47 PM)Infinite Unity Wrote:  
(02-21-2017, 08:48 PM)sjel Wrote:  A username change - of sorts. Sjel is pronounced "shale." Smile Changing the username in your head Smile

haha all this time I was saying-   Sha-jel

Had missed this, funnily I was already doing the mental work of saying "shale" because I had been told this by someone without knowing it had been posted also.

Before that I pronounced it s-jel.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
The following 2 users Like Elros's post:
Infinite Unity, sjel
08-24-2017, 08:16 AM,
Previous name was .T. first letter of my name Trent. Quan I have chosen as since marrying I have a name in Taiwan as I needed to have a name there, Trent doesnt exist there cause of the language. Therefore i elected to have a name chosen by a monk(my parents chose Trent due to a singer in a band). Two polar opposites I suppose Smile   Closest translation is Quan, something along lines meaning unity or everything.. Interestingly the monk did not know my english name and the prounciation of the name chosen is how someone would say my english name in Taiwan.  Almost like Chwen is how you say Quan. I took that as a nice omen about the name Angel
The following 4 users Like Quan's post:
Bring4th_Jade, Elros, Nía, sunnysideup
08-29-2017, 04:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 04:27 PM by Elros.)
A subtle change, but once my request is processed I shall move from being Minyatur to become Elros.

In the idea of infinity, acceptance of all the potentials the mind can think of is required for a balanced union with what is seen of infinity
The following 5 users Like Elros's post:
Bring4th_Plenum, Patrick, Quan, sjel, sunnysideup
09-06-2017, 04:01 PM,
Formerly known (or probably not) as Balyak, I am now Balios.
The following 2 users Like Balios's post:
Quan, sunnysideup