Do wanderers generally drink?
04-19-2017, 03:54 PM,
RE: Do wanderers generally drink?
If I get drunk, it seems to blast open my awareness of my blockages for the night, and I essentially act as if I have none. The blockages are still there, of course, but being drunk seems to maintain a steady state of being within those parameters. So there is no spiritual growth, and no spiritual regression...

Until the days afterwards, that is. The day after, the hangover, for me is a time of intense meditation whether I like it or not. This is because I am forced to locate that peaceful, calm center within, otherwise I will be overcome with intense nausea and vomit profusely. I have a mindset of 'process all catalyst,' so I do not prefer to vomit.

I wonder if this hangover meditation actually strengthens me, or if I am just wasting valuable conscious energy protecting myself from the negative after effects of alcohol?

During that hangover day, there is a very distinguished feeling of having my aura open. My eyes dilate and contract, the world seems less real. But not in a fun way like at the end of a shroom trip, it's definitely dystopian.

Then the next few days are mental and spiritual recovery, and oftentimes I regress back into an old belief system or an old habit, and I regret ever drinking.

I wonder if these experiences strengthen me at all, some part of me thinks they do, but if so I still think there must be a more productive way to strengthen your mind.

Fourth density is now.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 04:04 PM,
I rarely drink alcohol. I don't like and this affect the aura. The most harmful substances to aura are: meat, alcohol and drugs in general and sugar.

Peace, love and light.
04-26-2017, 05:39 PM,
I can not drink alcohol. I have alcohol intolerance. When I had a low understanding of myself as an eternal spirit, I drank alcohol and did not get drunk. Angels knock down a low vibration of alcohol Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Ninrodel's post:
sunnysideup
04-26-2017, 06:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2017, 06:28 PM by Ninrodel.)
Earlier, after prayer to my spirit, I cleaned alcohol poisoning. My body received very strong fever and convulsions and within an hour the negative consequences were gone. This action weakened my energy for a week.
05-09-2017, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 08:38 PM by Dekalb_Blues.)
RE: Do wanderers generally drink? Only on days ending with a "y".
~
Whether you're a young soul...
[Image: drunktoddler.png]

The cup of wine for us
      is mother’s milk.
If we don’t taste it
      we no longer live.

– Qushayri (11th c.)

Or an old soul...
[Image: image.png]

A mystic is one
     who passes away —
He abides in the essence
     of that which is Real.
Such a person is pure,
     clear wine without dregs.
Now whole, he displays
     the Most Beautiful Names.

– Binavi Badakshani (13th century)

It's always the right time for a wee nip o' the critter:
[Image: beero1.jpg]

“Know that waking is in proportion to drunkenness. Whoever is drunk in the Real is awake in the Real.”
– Qushayri

[Image: giphy.gif]

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-so-many-sufis-talk-about-alcohol-in-their-writings-and-lyrics

NASRUDIN POPS THE CORK QUESTION
"Will you marry me, dar­ling?" asked Mulla Nas­rudin of his inamorata.
"Be­fore I give you my an­swer," this perhaps too very prim and proper young lady said, "I must ask you one all-important ques­tion, and I expect you to be absolutely frank with me, as my decision depends on it: Do you ever drink any­thing?"
"Why, yes, I do drink--" said Nas­rudin proudly, "--any­thing. Thought you'd never ask! What do you have?"

ABSINTHE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER:

A CAUTIONARY TRAGIC TALE, FULL OF GRIPPING HUMAN DRAMA:

In the street of wineshops, when
      should I pray? since my
drunkenness and sobriety alike
      are all the same as prayer.
There, no one accepts the coin
      of righteousness, piety and self-denial:
The only good currency in that street
      is beggary.
None but the drunkard knows
      the tavern’s secrets —
how could the sober unveil
      the mysteries of that street?
As soon as I met those
      cunning haunters of the wineshop
I realized that other work than theirs
      is nothing but a fable.
Do you want a guided tour
      of the Mecca of Love?
Come, sit in the tavern, for the trip
      to Arabia is long and tedious.
They refused me entrance at first
      at the wineshop
so I went to the monastery
      and found an open door — but
I heard a voice from within the tavern
      crying, “‘Iraqi!
Open the door for yourself, the gates
      of drunkenness are always agape!”

– Fakhruddin Iraqi (13th c.)

[Image: One_Drink_Funny_Meme-600x600.png]

A Moving Story Of Inspiration And Uplift For Us All

A man is in bed asleep with his wife one rainy night when there's a rat-a-tat-tat on the door.
He rolls over and looks at the clock, and it's half-past three in the morning.
He swears, and says, "I'm not getting out of bed at this hour," and rolls back over. 
A louder knock follows.
"Aren't you going to answer that?" says his wife.
So he drags himself out of bed and goes downstairs.
He opens the door and there's a stranger standing at the door, in the pouring rain.
It doesn't take him long to realize this man is drunk as a skunk.
"Hey there, pal," slurs the waterlogged and bedraggled stranger, "Can ya gimme me a push?"
"No, get lost! It's half past three! I was asleep in bed! And you shouldn't be driving anyhow!" growls the man, and slams the door.
He goes back upstairs and tells his wife what happened and she says, "Now, dear, that wasn't very nice of you. Remember that night we got stuck in the mud in the pouring rain on the way to pick up the kids from the baby sitter's, and you had to knock on some man's door to get him to help push us to get us started again? What would have happened if he'd told us to get lost?"
"But the guy knocking just now is drunk," says the husband.
"It doesn't matter," says the wife. "He needs our help and it would be the kindly thing to do to help him, regardless."
So the husband gets out of bed again muttering curses under his breath, gets dressed, and goes downstairs.
He opens the door, and not seeing the stranger in the downpour's gloom he shouts, "Hey, do you still want a push?"
And he hears a voice cry out, "Yeah, please!"
Still not seeing  the stranger, he shouts, "Where are you?"
And the stranger replies, "I'm over here, on your kid's swing-set."

The following 1 user Likes Dekalb_Blues's post:
Glow
05-09-2017, 06:50 AM,
I quit drinking during my spiritual awakening. After some time I began drinking the non-alcoholic beer they sell at Trader Joe's and discovered that I missed the taste. Don't miss the alcohol at all - these days I don't need it to be happy or to escape anything.
The following 1 user Likes Stranger's post:
Glow
05-09-2017, 09:29 AM,
Probably too often but it's really the only thing I have ever found to not only disconnect from the stresses and emotionally draining atmosphere of the negative energy of hospital life but also the only thing that eases the constant pain and fatigue from working 3 jobs
05-15-2017, 05:14 AM,
~
[Image: 722a441ed5ed3defe8cb22c8ffa1bd8f.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Dekalb_Blues's post:
sunnysideup
05-15-2017, 06:15 AM,
i hate alcohol. and it hates me too.
11-17-2017, 05:24 AM,
I've drunk three nights in a row now and probably like 48 hours without sleep. #alcohollyfe
11-17-2017, 09:31 AM,

I drink wine with weekends' supper.  Not to get drunk though.  I just like it! Smile

"You are not here to fix it... You are here to love it." ~ Q'uo
11-17-2017, 01:33 PM,
I only drink because its a genetic thing with my family.  I come from two seperate bloodlines of addicts so I understand now how and why I am able to drink Everclear, straight.  Get drunk, and be fine around others, but alone, I'm way too real with myself.

I don't like drinking so much socially as I do occasionally.  Like I always try to drink Halloween night or around Halloween.  I'll try to drink for new years.  Otherwise if I'm drinking I'm trying to just get drunk enough not to care and still enjoy myself.

I think alcohol is generally used responsibly by wanderers, its when we have genetics that predispose us to addiction that alcohol is a potential major catalyst more than a tool or aid with handling catalyst.

I do very much enjoy brandy, but its my understanding when I sit down to drink I'm a bit overboard.  Instead of 1 short glass, I'll have 3.

Same goes with whiskey.

Rum is okay if its not cheap crud like Captain Morgan.

Love Amaretto cause it won't get me wasted.

But I need to take it easy with the alcohol anyways.  I really don't need it.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
The following 1 user Likes Coordinate_Apotheosis's post:
Glow
11-17-2017, 03:41 PM,
I know one that is an alcoholic but he is trying to silence his inner urging of discontent as a unwilling to awaken wanderer.

I have drank when I didn't know how to deal with pain, now I rarely drink. If I do its not to escape and its rare because I feel like all the cells of my body are worth nurturing so it cannot be to excess for me. Half a beer usually is enough to show effects so i rarely if ever exceed that.
11-17-2017, 04:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-17-2017, 04:42 PM by Cainite.)
Some wanderers probably do. since they're usually more sensitive and may seek to become numb to fit in or just relax.

I can't stand the taste.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost
The following 1 user Likes Cainite's post:
Glow
11-17-2017, 06:24 PM,
I never drank in my life. Only a few times, on important occasions, and then again little from only very low alcohol stuff like apple cider.

I tend to stay away from anything that reduces concentration or modifies the mind.
can reach me@ unity100-gmail
11-18-2017, 04:19 AM,
I used to! But recently... I drink one beer and I feel bad about it for two days, both physically and mentally! Not sure what happened to me actually...