Idea: L/L Research CafePress page?
05-01-2014, 02:42 AM,
Lightbulb  Idea: L/L Research CafePress page?
Last night, in meditation, I got an idea:
I saw a t-shirt with the quote you recently posted to Facebook:
"The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence."

And I noticed that, without attribution or logo mark on the shirt, the words were able to speak completely for themselves.
You don't have to work around whatever mainstream religious programming has been worked into people to regard anything not of "their" religion as demonic, and you work around people's embarrassment, especially young peoples' embarrassment, to be found with a shirt with a brand on it that is not "cool."

And I realized, Ra probably doesn't care about being properly attributed as much as they care about the ideas themselves taking their own independent life on the planet.

So what do you guys think: we kill two birds with one stone. L/L Research opens a CafePress page or something and just starts pulling succcinct but meaningful quotes from the readings and putting them on t-shirts. People can stumble on these shirts of their own free will, find a quote that resonates with them, buys a shirt, and makes it part of their day. Maybe theres a mark on the tag or something, but for the most part, we just let the words live their own life, without anything else to color them.

The words go out in the world and are evaluated on their own merits, and then perhaps later someone does a Google search on the phrase, finds us, and decides to read the Law of One. Or not. But the opportunities are released and available.

What do you guys think?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like StormShadow's post:
Raz, xise
05-01-2014, 08:26 AM,
RE: Idea: L/L Research CafePress page?
I like the idea. Why don't you open such a page yourself? Find quotes that inspire you and make those shirts.
Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like Melissa's post:
Raz, xise
05-01-2014, 01:43 PM,
RE: Idea: L/L Research CafePress page?
Hi StormShadow, thanks for the original idea.

This sort of "marketing" is something we have been considering a bit - the type where we present a small tid-bit, just enough to make someone interested, and they use the internet to investigate and find the source. In our conception, it was part of like a "street team," where we would have materials for people to put in appropriate places. Maybe a business card with a succinct quote and the URL for L/L Research. Just enough of a hint that if it piqued someone's interest, they'd search further, but it would fly completely under the radar of someone who didn't care at all. Leave it somewhere relevant and if the ground is fertile, the seed will grow.

We have looked into CafePress and other print-on-demand services for our official L/L inventory, but they ended up being too cost-prohibitive and lacking in versatility of design options. But for something like you are talking about, it seems like CafePress would be fine, as it would not necessarily be a revenue generator but rather just a side-project to make something like this available and increase the chances an interested seeker could find it and follow the trail back to the Law of One.

At the moment, we are lacking the time and energy to really manifest something like this, but if it were a volunteer project, we would be happy to coordinate with a volunteer under the L/L umbrella to make this happen. It is an interesting idea!
The following 3 users Like Bring4th_Austin's post:
isis, Raz, Steppingfeet