Acknowledgement of ambiguity
10-18-2014, 03:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2014, 03:29 AM by rubberband.)
Acknowledgement of ambiguity
Hello all, Fang here, I thought I better clean something up. This has been on my mind for a while to the point where I decided to make an account (I know, I know, another one) and rectify some inevitable confusion I may have caused. If anyone cares.

I am not here to participate but to apologise for ambiguity.
Now, as you may well be aware, I was Account1, however Account1 was not a fictional identity I crafted to dupe anyone. You could probably just tell if you were familiar with my posting style and I was aware that that would be likely for some but still the following needs to be said.

Account1 was me without the name Fang, I didn’t want to talk personally, I just wanted to discuss the material. I wanted to hear why people believed the material to be true and to see their reasoning behind the position combated with my own views. I tossed and turned over whether it’s possible to maintain an honest approach without a face, I thought so then but am now unsure, thus why I am here presently. I was going to reveal myself in my nuked posts at the end of thread but decided against it. Now while I may appear as aggressive and to the people on this site I have been here a while and respect the community (even though I think you're a bunch of nutters) and feel I owe you an explanation.

My goal with that account was not to troll, dupe, witchhunt, bait or deceive but to discuss the material that the site is dedicated to, and I am sorry if it appeared to be that way. I was aware of the forum guideline that users should not create multiple accounts and pretend to be different people, I did not think too much of it at first as I was using the only account I had that was functional but the discussion went on much longer than I anticipated to the point where people would have carved out an identity for the account, I noticed this and regretted not making myself known as Fang but felt the revelation would derail the conversation, so I kept quiet.

The views related in the thread I created are my own views and not the product of a fictional identity, I do not believe the Ra Material to be true. The experiences I spoke of as account1 were real experiences I have had with many, many people. The list of the progression of a new ager was not only what I have observed in some of my friends and social circle but also what I went through myself when I was younger. I didn’t just make things up. The way became familiar with the material is the same as what I relayed as Account1 I just didn't mention that when I first read it I believed it.

I figured out fairly quickly that if I mentioned that I had formerly held the material to be true the discussion would descend into chaos so I decided to keep that quiet. This however led to many understandable assumptions about the character of Account1 (that differ from the known properties of Fang) and thus could easily give the impression that the account was created with the intention to fool.

The second trouble I ran into was in conversation with people I have discussed with at length before, and them not knowing that I had talked to them before. I tried my best to remain unbiased and respond as if I had not talked to these people before. I found it difficult to do and felt guilty of perhaps deceiving (as if I had talked to them before, which I had, that would have however slightly influenced what I said), but I did try. The exception to this was my rebuking of one of Parson’s post, I did not appreciate being told that he was once like me (at the time it just seemed condescending but I know it was well intentioned), being familiar with his posting style I brought up something I remembered that seemed to conflict with what was currently being presented and then later said I was unaware of the posting date, this was the one lie in my time as Account1 (well apart from my age to JLY, I'm actually a little younger). But my response was petty and unwarranted and I apologise for it.

I no longer believe the Ra Material to be true and no longer have an interest in it and thus no longer have a place here nor desire to participate here. I wish you all the best on your journeys but I am no longer on this path.

Hope I didn’t cause too much harm

With non cosmic love

Fangus Aurelius
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
The following 5 users Like rubberband's post:
Billy, isis, Parsons, Spaced, sunnysideup
10-18-2014, 10:26 AM,
RE: Acknowledgement of ambiguity
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=9929&pid=163977#pid163977

i knew it was u the whole time

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

[Image: xj0TiXr.jpg]

"I am all that has been, and is, and shall be..."
The following 1 user Likes isis's post:
anagogy
10-18-2014, 07:08 PM,
cheers Fang.

Thanks for everything you've offered.

I'm sure one day you will be able to present yourself as you are, rather than moving between various alias' and digital fictions.

The digital space (ie internet) offers an opportunity for the exploration of self, under the guise of anonymity. But that anonymity is two edged: It gives the impression that one can act without consequences (because no one can trace it back to the 'real life' you), and that one is also forming real interactions by typing on a screen (whereas, in truth, you are only interacting with one's own mental space and constructs, through interpretation of words).

Used as a tool, it is a way to observe catalyst that is non plus ultra; everything is stripped away except one's own mental thought forms and attitudes, and how they are being triggered. That is, if you can get beyond the notion that you are reading the words of another self, and that you are absolutely able to ascribe all the catalyst triggered to that other individual. It's the perfect mirror for the mental space.

- -

(10-18-2014, 03:12 AM)rubberband Wrote:  I no longer believe the Ra Material to be true and no longer have an interest in it and thus no longer have a place here nor desire to participate here. I wish you all the best on your journeys but I am no longer on this path.

you've 'quit' many times, and yet you keep coming back. Why is that?
10-18-2014, 07:51 PM,
Quote:i knew it was u the whole time
I can feel the indigo ray from here Wink

No worries Plenum

Quote:you've 'quit' many times, and yet you keep coming back. Why is that?

As you know, I found the Ra Material when I was pretty young, it's been a large component of my life and this was really the only place that I could talk about it comfortably. When I signed off as Fang I was losing conviction in the truth of the Ra Material and I have been for over a year now, but I still believed in the fundamental message and whatnot (and that the majority of interpretations were misreadings) but over the months away it feels like I've been de-conditioned, and now I'm actually pretty ashamed that I once believed such things to be true.

So I decided that to verify these new feelings I would need one last go at discussing the material with others, and this is really the only place that I knew of so there you go. Don't worry I am well and truly done, in my previous incarnations I still wanted to discuss the material, I no longer do and will no longer be a participant.
The following 1 user Likes rubberband's post:
isis
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM,
(10-18-2014, 07:51 PM)rubberband Wrote:  
Quote:i knew it was u the whole time
I can feel the indigo ray from here Wink
i don't understand ra-talk Wink

"rubberband"?

10-18-2014, 09:20 PM,
(10-18-2014, 07:51 PM)rubberband Wrote:  So I decided that to verify these new feelings I would need one last go at discussing the material with others, and this is really the only place that I knew of so there you go. Don't worry I am well and truly done, in my previous incarnations I still wanted to discuss the material, I no longer do and will no longer be a participant.

no worries mate. All the best!
The following 1 user Likes Bring4th_Plenum's post:
rubberband
10-19-2014, 02:02 AM,
You're just as much of a nutter as we are, and I love you for it, much luck with your studies and endeavours friend.
Quote this message in a reply
The following 2 users Like Unbound's post:
Billy, Parsons
10-19-2014, 12:17 PM,
(10-18-2014, 07:51 PM)rubberband Wrote:  When I signed off as Fang I was losing conviction in the truth of the Ra Material and I have been for over a year now, but I still believed in the fundamental message and whatnot (and that the majority of interpretations were misreadings) but over the months away it feels like I've been de-conditioned, and now I'm actually pretty ashamed that I once believed such things to be true.

So would you consider yourself to be something of a materialist now (i.e. believing that consciousness is just an artifact of neurology/random combining of physical constituents)? And if so, does that bring you comfort/dread/indifference/other?

I apologize if these are too personal of questions, or just flat out assumptions, I'm just curious how your change in worldview has affected you on a personal level, and how you feel about it all. I'm endlessly curious about how people feel about their own perspective on reality.

The magic is recognized; the nature is often not.
The following 1 user Likes anagogy's post:
Parsons
10-19-2014, 05:55 PM,
Happy journeying. As a parting piece of advice which you probably don't want: Don't worry so much about belief. Belief can be a trap. But if you no longer resonate with the Ra Material, have fun exploring eslewhere. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Diana's post:
Steppingfeet
10-20-2014, 08:35 PM,
(10-18-2014, 03:12 AM)rubberband Wrote:  Fangus Aurelius
?
i thought it was "fungus khan"