Bring4th

Full Version: Healing Modalities/Energy Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While healing is a large topic in the material, I'm interested if any of you work with the energy body or have any experiences with those who do. What do you study or what forms of healing have you encountered?

What's interesting though is that if you compare say India and China, two cultures that relied heavily on meditation, you would assume that they would discover a universal system so to speak but they didn't. In Hinduism there are chakras and in Daoism there is no mention of chakras at all, rather the meridian network and one of several systems such as qi gong is used. Unless I'm uninformed? Hinduism does have the concept of nadis, but it's not as developed as acupuncture and its channels.

This suggests that our imagination (or I should say, the ability to interact creatively with our mind/body) plays a large part in developing a system that works, which is in alignment with the concept of ritual, thought forms, and just shamanism in general. Many indigenous cultures that never developed a complex energetic framework simply rely on ritual and intention.

Ra suggests that the role of the healer is to visualize what is to be healed:

Quote:56.3 The function of the healer and crystal may not be over-emphasized, for this power of interruption must needs be controlled, shall we say, with incarnate intelligence; the intelligence being that of one which recognizes energy patterns; which, without judging, recognizes blockage, weakness, and other distortion; and which is capable of visualizing, through the regularity of self and of crystal, the less distorted other-self to be healed.

Other quotes of interest:

Quote:49.8 The type of meditation which may be called visualization has as its goal not that which is contained in the meditation itself. Visualization is the tool of the adept.

Quote:50.8 Thusly a visualization which can be held steady to the inward eye for several of your minutes, as you measure time, will signal the adept’s increase in singleness of thought. This singleness of thought then can be used by the positive adept to work in group ritual visualizations for the raising of positive energy, by negative adepts for the increase in personal power.

Quote:58.3 There is great art in the use of the swung crystal. At this point in your development, you would do well to work with the unpowerful crystals in ascertaining, not only the physical major energy centers, but also the physical secondary and tertiary energy centers and then begin to find the corresponding subtle body energy centers. In this way, you may activate your own inner vision.

Quote:49.5 One may examine each of the energy centers for such secondary centers. Some of your peoples work with these energy centers, and you call this acupuncture. However, it is to be noted that there are most often anomalies in the placement of the energy centers so that the scientific precision of this practice is brought into question. Like most scientific attempts at precision, it fails to take into account the unique qualities of each creation.

Another question..Ra mentions common rituals being more beneficial than designing your own (74.15). But I know elsewhere Don asks again whether or not designing your own is better and they say yes, unless I'm confusing that with something else. Can anyone find that quote?
I did a read through of all the hits on "ritual" at lawofone.info, and while most of the time Ra just insists that the ritual resonates, he did offer this bit:

Quote:69.22 ↥ Questioner: There are many techniques and ways of practicing so-called white magical arts. Are rituals designed by a particular group for their own particular use just as good or possibly better than those that have been practiced by groups such as the Order of the Golden Dawn and other magical groups?

Ra: I am Ra. Although we are unable to speak with precision on this query, we may note some gratification that the questioner has penetrated some of the gist of a formidable system of service and discipline.

I am Ra. May we thank you again, my friends, for your conscientiousness. All is well. We leave you rejoicing in the power and the peace of the One Infinite Creator. Go forth with joy. Adonai.

Which seems to affirm Don's assumption with the question.

I think in encouraging this group to use the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram was for their need for extra support. The quote from session 74 is:

Quote:74.14 ▶ Questioner: In selecting a protective ritual we finally agreed upon the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram. I assume that these sound vibratory complexes are the type you speak for the alerting of those on the inner planes. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

74.15 ▶ Questioner: If we had constructed a ritual of our own with words used for the first time in the sequence of protection what would have been the relative merit of this with respect to the ritual that we chose?

Ra: I am Ra. It would be less. In constructing ritual it is well to study the body of written work which is available for names of positive or service-to-others power are available.

Then in session 76 Ra says:

Quote:76.4 ↥ Questioner: Has our use of the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram been of any value and what is its effect?

Ra: I am Ra. This group’s use of the Banishing Ritual of the Lesser Pentagram has been increasingly efficacious. Its effect is purification, cleansing, and protection of the place of working.

The efficacy of this ritual is only beginning to be, shall we say, at the lower limits of the truly magical. In doing the working those aspiring to adepthood have done the equivalent of beginning the schoolwork, many grades ahead. For the intelligent student this is not to be discouraged; rather to be encouraged is the homework, the reading, the writing, the arithmetic, as you might metaphorically call the elementary steps towards the study of being. It is the being that informs the working, not the working that informs the being. Therefore, we may leave you to the work you have begun.

So my interpretation on the efficacy of ritual is that for most groups seeking together, to create a ritual that evolves with them and their purity of service is most appropriate. For Don, Carla, and Jim, who jumped ahead and were doing highly magical work before they knew the basics, Ra gave a bit of a leg up and encouraged them to use a ritual that would be of utmost protection quickly.

In regards to techniques of healing, I think the myriad of available avenues are here to reflect the myriad of triggers that other-selves need to receive to heal themselves.

Quote:64.4 ↥ Questioner: Thank you. Could you explain the basic principles behind the ritual which we perform to initiate the contact and what I would call the basic white magical rituals— principles of protection and other principles? Could you please do this?

Ra: I am Ra. Due to your avenue of question we perceive the appropriateness of inclusion of the cause of this instrument’s transitory vital energy distortion. The cause is a bias towards the yearning for expression of devotion to the One Creator in group worship.

This entity was yearning for this protection both consciously in that it responds to the accoutrements of this expression, the ritual, the colors and their meanings as given by the distortion system of what you call the church, the song of praise, and the combined prayers of thanksgiving and, most of all, that which may be seen to be most centrally magical, the intake of that food which is not of this dimension but has been transmuted into metaphysical nourishment in what this distortion of expression calls the holy communion.

The subconscious reason, it being the stronger for this yearning was the awareness that such expression is, when appreciated by an entity as the transmutation into the presence of the One Creator, a great protection of the entity as it moves in the path of service to others.

The principle behind any ritual of the white magical nature is to so configure the stimuli which reach down into the trunk of mind that this arrangement causes the generation of disciplined and purified emotion or love which then may be both protection and the key to the gateway to intelligent infinity.
That's it Jade! 69.22..thank you. The rest of what you say seems to make sense of the situation. There's another quote where Ra mentions that the group basically didn't know what they were getting into magically. So as you mentioned, the use of already reinforced rituals for support makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

The quote in bold seems to touch at the heart of healing. People intuitively recognize a harmonious state of being..happiness and love pouring out of another is easy to understand. "There are some whose indigo energy is that of pure being and never is manifested, yet all are aware of such an entity’s progress. [..] Thus the manifestation is a lesser signpost than that which is sensed or intuited about a mind/body/spirit complex. This violet-ray beingness is far more indicative of true self."
Acupuncture, though quite possibly beginning in China is but a tool of "Traditional Chinese Medicine" and other complete systems of diagnosis and treatment. It provides for a connection between the physical energy (the metal needle) and the spiritual energy of the complex.
it can be practiced according to the scientific principles of common point selection strategies, or in a more intuitive manner, to reorganize the pattern of movement of the vital energy of chi to a more efficient one that can resolve symptoms and facilitate good health.
The complete system of TCM is not known and practiced by many in the modern world, in favor of acupuncture point selection methods that offer an ease- of-use to the practitioner. TCM combined the theory of the organs and their relationships with methods of nutritional consultation, herbal prescriptionology, massage and movement training.
Acupuncture when practiced in this way has the full background of its 5,000 year rich history to support the healer and her work.
I am technically a certified 'Reiki Master' which is of course Japanese in origin. So, I work with the energy body a lot, daily really.

The Nadi system actually is just sophisticated and developed as the meridians, there are just not as many works available on it. They have 'mapped' the Nadi just as they have the meridians.

Also there are no 'chakras' exactly in Qi Gong but there are 'gates' and I have found that they largely line up with the 'front' and 'back' of the 'chakras', so I would actually suggest they have discovered the same system but have examined different parts of it in detail.

http://www.subtleanatomy.com/Nadis.htm
These are some of the main Gates in Qi Gong (some have different names) and as you can see they almost all correspond with the same positions as the chakras and so would be correspondent with the 'stems and flowers' of the chakras.

[Image: 1_101_34-mingmen-spinal-gates.jpg]

While some of the Gates do not correspond with major chakras, they do all align with minor chakras, of which the Bhagavad Gita estimates something like 22,000~.
It is actually one of my endeavours to bring these systems together, as well as some other ideas, in to a unified system I have begun to call the 'Nexus' system. Essentially, the energy body is created of a series of Nexuses which all communicated with eachother, while itself also being a Nexus. I believe you can view the body dimensionally as first 'a mass of zero points', secondly as 'zero dimensional pathways formed of chains of zero points' (meridians/Nadi) and thirdly as all of the dimensions which are illusorily 'created' by the relationships betwixt and within the chains or paths, according to their relationships built from point to point. This is what we call the energy body and its 'crystallization'.
Aion, that reminds me about reading about stars. They are so far away, that they appear as 0-dimensional dots (or zero points).
It is no coincidence that the body of human and the body of God had always been seen as analogous by the ancients, I think.
Yes the microcosmic orbit. Smile  Instead of "meridians" in TCM we use the term Jinglou "channels AND collaterals" , with thousand of nexuses which are used in needling or finger-pressure.
Yeah Jinglou is a more general word that applies to 'the energy lines and their relationships' so is inclusive of crossings/Nexuses, yes?
I heard that too about god and man having similar form. I think that boils down to the seven centers that culminate in an eight and the musical scale. I have heard of the concept though, that the universe has five appendages or sides.
I hope to be in the head part soon>
The Pentagram is the microcosmic symbol of man, if that is any hint or indication.
[Image: neuron-galaxy.jpg]