Bring4th

Full Version: FILD Lucid Dreaming method
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Forum

I have recently stumbled upon an incredibly easy and effective technique for inducing lucidity called FILD (Finger Induced Lucid Dreaming),
this technique is similar to WILD method with an exception that FILD does not require your body to go into sleep paralysis.
Here are the steps:

1) Got to sleep
2) Wake up after 3-5 hours of sleep (ether naturally or through alarm)
3) As you feel extremely tired and falling back to sleep, perform the FILD
4) Very slightly alternate movements of your middle finger and then index finger as if playing two keys on a piano without actually pressing doing the keys. Do not keep your fingers straight but rather slightly bend.
5) after around 30-45 seconds (do not count the seconds) of repeated finger tapping you should find yourself in a lucid dream.
6) Perform a reality check (such as pinching your nose and see if air comes out)

This technique worked for me every time I tried it for 3 nights in a row, and i'm still not sure what makes it so effective. Do not be dissapointed you fail a couple of times, simply repeat the steps the next night. Good Luck.
I've never heard of this one before, thanks for sharing.

Any tips for remaining within a lucid dream state without waking up? Any time I find myself in a lucid dream, my mental processes tend to turn in a direction which brings me out of sleep. I hardly have any time to experience the lucid state between the time that I become lucid and then come out of sleep.
(10-29-2014, 05:30 PM)Bring4th_Austin Wrote: [ -> ]I've never heard of this one before, thanks for sharing.

Any tips for remaining within a lucid dream state without waking up? Any time I find myself in a lucid dream, my mental processes tend to turn in a direction which brings me out of sleep. I hardly have any time to experience the lucid state between the time that I become lucid and then come out of sleep.

One of the mistakes some people make whlist obtaining lucidity is becoming too excited or trying too many things at once. In order to stabilze your dream better here some things that I do:
1) Once you become lucid observe and absorb the environment you find your self in
2) Feel the objects/people around you (you'll notice everything you touch will feel extremely real)
3) Occasionally look at your hands
4) Interact with the peole in your dream (every character in the dream will have unique characteristics and minds of their own)
5) Try to levitate but not too far at first (Levitation/Flight is very easy, since your dream body is no longer grounded by our physical/anatomical laws)

With each lucid dream your experinces and controll of the environment will become stronger and more vivid, from there on out the possibilities are virtually endless endless. Hope this helps and enjoy your dreams)
I have the same issue, Austin. The only time I am able to stay in the lucid dream is to sort of walk the razor's edge between considering the dream 'real' (so as to not wake up), and not considering it too real (as not to fall back into non-lucid dreaming).

I have noticed my dreaming has changed over the years. I'm not quite sure I should consider it a property of lucid dreaming, but my right leg is almost always crippled in my dream as it is in real life(IRL). Similarly, I noticed that when physically threatened in a dream, I will magically produce a 'dream' AK-74 (my most reliable and versatile rifle I have IRL) as a defense mechanism 99% of the time. Angel

Does anyone else consistently integrate persistent life changes into their dreams?
I agree that the best course of action is to absorb yourself in the dream sensations. Any substantial attention to the physical world will bring you out of the inner world. Feel all the textures you find around you. If there is water, sticking your hands in water really captures your attention.

See how many different dream objects you can identify.

It takes practice to stay focused in the dream environment. It's a wild feeling of unlimited possibility. It's easy to break at first.

But so worth developing.
this takes most of the fun out of lucid dreaming...but i've found i stay lucid for extremely long lengths of time if don't try to levitate, manifest anything, or control much of anything. i direct the majority of my energy toward staying in the dream & i'm typically only able to walk & talk & think & look at things
Does anyone else have issues with memory/skill recall during dreams? I very frequently will be having a dream and need to recall something (for example, my own phone number) and I can almost never remember. I will consciously realize I am dreaming and that I know the piece of information or skill involved, but will be completely unable to recall what I need. I always think to myself "I know this and I know that I am dreaming, why is this so difficult/impossible to recall?!"
(10-30-2014, 11:33 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have issues with memory/skill recall during dreams? I very frequently will be having a dream and need to recall something (for example, my own phone number) and I can almost never remember. I will consciously realize I am dreaming and that I know the piece of information or skill involved, but will be completely unable to recall what I need. I always think to myself "I know this and I know that I am dreaming, why is this so difficult/impossible to recall?!"

this happens to me. memory is such a weird & powerful thing. memory is practically all that makes up one's "now"...maybe it is all that the now is composed of, now that i think about it deeper

does anyone ever have dream memories hit them in the middle of the day rather than right after waking? sometimes, out of nowhere, i'll recall a dream from the night before way after i've woken up. i think this is such a strange occurrence

not too long ago, in a dream, i was in a position where it was urgent that i recall a 6 digit # in order to eat. at the high school i went to we actually had a 6 digit # we had to put in a comp to get lunch & so in the dream that was the # i needed to recall. idk if i would have been able to recall it in waking life (i seriously doubt it) but i managed to do it in my dream. i was able to remember the dream very well so now i know that # once again - a decade later...307559...& i'm certain this is the right #