Bring4th

Full Version: About trying too hard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ayadew

My friends.

This night I had some interesting dreams. The I woke up with some very LOO oriented thoughts in my head, of simply being in the moment and what this really means.

Hatonn says: The love is always available for all men in all times.
Ra says: You amuse yourselves with distortions. This is not needed, for the love of the infinite creator is always there.

I had a feeling they were extremely right. Emotions cannot be controlled. It's a complete waste of time trying to master them unless you're attempting to be an STS master or somesuch I suppose. For me it has taken considerable time and searching to realize that just letting go is the path to peace of mind.
It's just so really hard... to surrender yourself, to give up for a little while, and just be.
It's as if letting go overrides controlling. You don't really control yourself to let you, you simply are. I AM.

So I say, if you find yourselves wanting a lot of things. Peace of mind. Infinite power, love, harmony - just let go and you shall have them. To let go and appreciate that which you have, for always, if you get that which you want you will always want more. Greediness is not a peace of mind. It is paradoxal, but it's the first paradox for me that makes sense.

The moment contains love.

What are your thoughts upon this? Experience?
Some thoughts..

Wanting something, and not being attached to the "goal" of getting it, can work wonders. This is of course paradoxical, but works in harmony. Just because you want something does not mean that you will feel bad because you did not get it. This is a hard lesson for most of our brothers and sisters.

Letting go of EVERY thought and emotion does not mean you will not think or not feel. In my experience, letting go of thought and emotion has to do with my above example, just not being attached to them. They will still flow, and you will still experience them. BUT your thoughts/emotions do not have to absorb your focus. This is the best way I can find to describe "letting go."

Godspeed!
that is broadly my experience, but i would say for me it was not so much letting go of want completely but trusting in the perfection of the moment, realising that everything, right now, is exactly as it should be and that tomorrow will sort itself out

don't worry... be happy...

and all that BigSmile
Very interesting Lorna, just yesterday I changed the text that prompts on my cell phone (Silent/Meeting/Ringer on/etc.) main screen when you change it to the normal ringing mode, to read "Be happy!"

This has become my new motto for life, thanks in no small part to TLOO, Bashar, and finally "getting it" when it comes to "letting go", most specifically letting go of any worry or doubt concerning anything at all.

Godspeed!
I totally agree. In meditation, I am able to let go of my thoughts. But the feelings I feel at those times can be even more profound than my waking thoughts and feelings.

I've learned not to be attached to anything. Well, whatever happens in 2012, not being attached will make the experience much easier.

(03-08-2010, 05:21 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Letting go of EVERY thought and emotion does not mean you will not think or not feel. In my experience, letting go of thought and emotion has to do with my above example, just not being attached to them. They will still flow, and you will still experience them. BUT your thoughts/emotions do not have to absorb your focus. This is the best way I can find to describe "letting go."

Godspeed!
(03-08-2010, 03:21 AM)ayadew Wrote: [ -> ]So I say, if you find yourselves wanting a lot of things. Peace of mind. Infinite power, love, harmony - just let go and you shall have them. To let go and appreciate that which you have, for always, if you get that which you want you will always want more. Greediness is not a peace of mind. It is paradoxal, but it's the first paradox for me that makes sense.

The moment contains love.

I have infinite gratitude for my current experiences.

another thought might be from the hindu tradition:

"concentrate on nurturing the tree, not on harvesting the fruit. The fruit will come as it may, and is a consequence of the care of the tree."

Quote:Krishna said, "Arjuna, you have work to do. Do it! But give up all interest in the fruit of your work." Krishna did not say that there would be no fruit. The fruit will certainly be there. Every action has its consequence or fruit. But the fruit is not your concern; you should not aspire for it. Therefore, the essence of Krishna's teaching is that you must do your duty, but do it without keeping the outcome in mind.

I think Jim Kent was asking the same thing in his Harvest thread.

namaste.
The way I see it all spiritual seekers are seeking a glimpse of the Big Picture, the problem with those who try too hard is that they try to see all the details as well BigSmile. Our brains are rather limited at this time and they are already jammed packed with, ultimately, useless details and bits from our day to day lives. When opening yourself up to infinity, if you are not tuned toward the Light there are many distorted or negative ideas that would love to capitalize on your rather cramped brain-space.

I think they others have made it plain that in the end the best thing we can do is just focus on the moment and have faith that the details will sort themselves out.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0101.aspx Q'uo Wrote:...Neither those who are graduating service to self nor those who are graduating service to others are caught in fear. The entities that are caught in fear are those who have not yet chosen how to polarize; that are simply, shall we say, resting in the cultural milieu.

If they have not made that first discovery of the true situation, then they perhaps have a very blunted ability to choose at all. Information such as this group offers and many, many other groups offer can awaken certain people who are ready to awaken to the situation. And when entities get the situation well in mind, they are riveted. They are activated and they realize the gravity of this need to choose.

If entities are not yet at that point where it is necessary for them to wake up, necessary for them to get a grasp of the situation and necessary for them, then, to make the choice, they are simply not ready to leave third density and, therefore, they dwell in a sinkhole of indifference that is like a gravity well. They simply cannot get off the bottom of the swing of, say, the pendulum that they represent by not having chosen.

Those who have not made the choice are those, say, that would be hanging straight down into the gravity well. Just as when one swings on a swing, one has to rock back and forth to get a good start. Then once one is swinging, one is able to swing very high. One has developed power. A person that is simply hanging at the bottom of this gravity well of indifference has no power.

So, you are basically looking at entities who are powerless. They sense that they are powerless without having knowledge of how to claim the very substantial power that they indeed do have but do not know how to get to...

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0101.aspx Q'uo Wrote:...The repetitive experiences of entities who have experienced destruction have created a group of entities on your planet who are simply resistant to awakening.

They have successfully avoided [awakening] for a long enough period of time and a significant enough amount of incarnational experiences that there is a continuing resistance to awakening that is expressed very well in some of the outer forms of your culture at this time, with its ways of distracting and amusing entities’ thoughts and occupying their thoughts to an extent that keeps them asleep in terms of thinking ethically or morally about who they are or why they are here.

The situation with such entities is simply that they shall need to go through another third-density cycle elsewhere. It was hoped, naturally, by those who created this planetary experience that this would be the best possible environment to take entities that had this pattern and to give them the maximum opportunity for healing and for growth. But there is no guarantee when such a pattern is made that it will succeed. However, each time a new cycle begins, the sub-Logos responsible for that cycle does its very, very best to create that maximally efficient structure for evolution, and if they did not succeed in clearing third-density lessons this time, they shall receive another chance and another opportunity with perhaps an even better creation to play in...
Congrats Patrick on 1111 posts.
(03-08-2010, 05:21 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]Letting go of EVERY thought and emotion does not mean you will not think or not feel. In my experience, letting go of thought and emotion has to do with my above example, just not being attached to them. They will still flow, and you will still experience them. BUT your thoughts/emotions do not have to absorb your focus. This is the best way I can find to describe "letting go."

Godspeed!

Beautifully put. This sense of mindfulness is one that I have just discovered I need to practice - being at peace with all your thoughts and emotions, no matter how "bad" "dark" or "judgmental" or "discomforting" and keeping your focus on the present and letting thoughts wash over you like a wave, coming and going. I've noticed that when you are disgusted or suppress a thought you deem unfit for you to think, it returns on another occasion with a vengeance.

I was just reading up on Jack Kornfield's insight meditation right now I saw this post Smile
(07-29-2012, 03:00 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Patrick on 1111 posts.

I read his post at 11:11 my time.

This is post 11.