Bring4th

Full Version: Dependable Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm interested in what Ra refers to as dependable service and what it means to carefully and consciously open up channels to heal.

"6.1 The healing ability, like all other, what this instrument would call paranormal abilities, is effected by the opening of a pathway or shuttle into intelligent infinity. [..] The purpose of carefully and consciously opening this channel is to serve in a more dependable way, in a more commonplace or usual way, as seen by the distortion complex of the healer. To others there may appear to be miracles. To the one who has carefully opened the door to intelligent infinity this is ordinary; this is commonplace; this is as it should be. The life experience becomes somewhat transformed and the great work goes on."

I find that there is a large difference, yet it is extremely subtle (tricky), between being dependable, and perceiving others as being dependent on you. It's all in approach..harmony in the moment..being careful and conscious of your mirror so you aren't getting in the way of what the other needs/is asking.

We actually have a recent living example..his name is Neem Karoli Baba who was Ram Dass' guru. He could read thoughts, knew your emotional state (vibrational awareness..things described by Ra 16.50), saw events in the future and advised people to take/not take certain actions, knew past details about yourself, and healing occurred around him.

I believe one of the telling things about his approach was that he offered no dogma..there was no specific set of teachings which is in alignment with Ra's approach to free will and offering what is asked of you. Advice he gave was tailored to the individual. Perhaps the central aspect of his teaching was that service is best exemplified through action: feed another, or help each other (dependable service?). In a link I'm going to post below, he actually comments "Let's go. This is how the mind travels."

"97.10 Consider for the self, O student, whether your thoughts can walk. The abilities of the most finely honed mentality shall not be known without the use of the physical vehicle which you call the body. Through the mouth the mind may speak. Through the limbs the mind may effect action."

So there are many corollaries between the Ra Material and this man's life, that it's possible either Don, Carla, and Jim actually read the book below which influenced the channeling, or he simply found many keys to the gateway.

You can read stories from the book Miracle of Love here.

Unbound

Service is given from the perspective that is needed by the one receiving the service. Thus, dependable service isn't about "giving service", it's about always being ready to serve in any way that is needed. As a healer and Reiki Master I know all too well that fine line and part of the art is learning to give people their own power without having them become dependent on you.

As I was taught, if someone continuously comes with the same issue, odds are the method is not working and a new approach should be taken. Flexibility is of the utmost importance, in my own experience, because you never know the nature of the being you may be working with.
I agree..that's what I was alluding to. If we're all one and want to function more as a unified group, then perhaps the central aspect of inner work is to have compassion for the other self as self, helping others when needed. But I disagree with the idea of dependable service not also being about performing service for service's sake..we all have roles to offer, and also by giving freely for the sake of giving creates a harmonious environment.

It's a balancing as always..learning how to accept yourself and your boundaries. "88.12 We ask that you, who have been our friends, work with any considerations such as above discussed, not with the thought of quickly removing an unimportant detail, but, as in all ways, regard such as another opportunity to, as the adept must, be yourselves and offer that which is in and with you without pretense of any kind."