Bring4th

Full Version: The Tree of Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tsh

What would you describe as the Edenic Tree of Life, that is talked about in the Bible?
knowledge? wisdom? idk

tsh

Thanks, but if i may add on something, the tree of life is mentioned severally in the Bible,.for instance in Genesis, when they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and they became enlightened, and became like a god, they were chased away from the garden lest they eat of the tree of life and live forever.
so my question is, after enlightenment, came eternity, am i correct? and can we gain that eternity thro eating of this proverbial tree? and how can we do that?
The tree of life in the Bible is connected to the Qabalah. The mythological story of Qabalah is that it was given by angels to Adam and Eve after the fall to the material world. The whole concept of the Garden of Eden is highly esoteric once you are able to look at the symbolism in it.
You are an eternal/infinite being having a finite/mortal experience. There is no reason to seek eternity/immortality; you already have it.

Unbound

(11-04-2014, 03:31 PM)tsh Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, but if i may add on something, the tree of life is mentioned severally in the Bible,.for instance in Genesis, when they ate of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and they became enlightened, and became like a god, they were chased away from the garden lest they eat of the tree of life and live forever.
so my question is, after enlightenment, came eternity, am i correct? and can we gain that eternity thro eating of this proverbial tree? and how can we do that?

I think you have it backwards. Adam and Eve started out as like Gods, immortal and eternal, and it was eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil that caused them to become mortal and to die. They were allowed to eat from the Tree of Life and were told they were to eat only from that tree and not from the other.

In Gnostic tradition which is the "esoteric" side of Christianity, the Serpent is seen as the Light-bringer because it was seen that by coaxing Adam and Eve to eat of the Tree of Knowledge they became more self-aware and so the "eternal stagnant bliss" of the Garden of Eden was broken so that Adam and Eve could evolve and progress.

Thus, from orthodox view, eating of the Tree of Knowledge resulted in the Fall of Man. In the Gnostic view, this Fall was necessary for then rising up again anew, it was actually Freedom from Ignorance.

In Qabalistic thought which doesn't actually come from Christianity but only the Old Testament and Judaism, the Tree of Life is the symbol which represents the "potencies" or powers as they have manifested from Nothingness, and is thus the "blueprint" for all of existence.

The Tree of Life is also featured in other pagan traditions, most notably as the Norse World Tree Yggdrasil.

I believe if we apply this to the Ra material we get that the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" can be equated with duality, or the separation of the paths. The "Tree of Life" can be equated with unity and oneness with the Creator.

tsh

'I believe if we apply this to the Ra material we get that the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil" can be equated with duality, or the separation of the paths. The "Tree of Life" can be equated with unity and oneness with the Creator.'

this is the best answer there is, i agree with you, and i was looking that link with the Law of One. thanks Unbound, i appreciate your insightful contribution.

Unbound

We must always bear in mind that the significance of the appropriate Tree is that of its Fruits. Thus, the Tree of Life bears the fruit of eternal life and light. The Tree of Knowledge bears the fruit of the illusion, of maya and separation of image.

Consider that God produces both Trees and it is the choice of which to eat. Thus, the Creator exists at the root of both Fruits, but one fruit reveals one side of the Creator, and the other reveals the other.

Properly, I think that the Tree of Knowledge and the Tree of Life are intertwined and it can be difficult to tell which fruit belong to which tree.