Bring4th

Full Version: Nothingness.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:The dissolution into nothingness is the dissolution into unity, for there is no nothingness.

Nothing

Nothing becomes

Nothing Is
There's been times in my life where I've preferred oblivion over living.
But there is no true oblivion.
One cannot stop existing.
I've always found this to be the most satisfying explanation for why somethingness exists as opposed to nothingness.

Because nothingness cannot exist, everything had to exist.

Existence and consciousness are synonymous because consciousness bears witness to existence. All existence derives its reality from distortions of beingness.

So it makes absolute perfect sense that all things spring forth from and dissolve back into into infinite consciousness.
But then, where the heck does infinite consciousness come from?
(11-09-2014, 07:25 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]But then, where the heck does infinite consciousness come from?

That's a great question Stranger.

But see, that's the thing... Human beings are so absolutely brainwashed into believing in the idea of nothingness (and keep in mind, all nothingness can only ever be is an idea), that the concept of "everythingness" is nigh impossible to wrap one's head around.

When I say humans are brainwashed into the idea of nothingness, I mean people have an insane amount of difficulty with any explanation that doesn't start from a hypothetical state of "lack" (which, keep in mind, is that nothingness idea again, in some form) that then, through some process, is "increased", thereby arriving at the current state of existence.

This is the concept of a linear sequence of events. Now, the counter-intuitive side of all this business is that everybody has got this idea of everything starting off "less" and increasing to something "more" completely backwards. People in the physical world want to imagine it was a "nothing, nothing, BAM, SOMETHING" type of creation scenario. That's all that makes sense when you are inhabiting a linear reality.

In fact, the actual reality of the situation, and the answer to your question of where infinite consciousness "comes from" is actually: it didn't come from anywhere!

It *ALWAYS* was.

That hard for people to hear for some reason.

From a linear train of thought, things MUST have an origin. But everything that has a beginning, will eventually have an end, so be glad that infinite consciousness had no beginning, because it also means, it will never have an end. It is truly eternal.

So infinity (or what I like to call "everything-ness") has just always existed, but even the word "always" isn't quite accurate. You see, this thing that we unconsciously reference in most grammatical constructions had a beginning itself! Time is a construct. Outside of that "construct", there is no "past", there is no "future" there is just the eternal NOW.

Time is just a continuum of change that plays out in consciousness that has memory sufficient enough to make relative comparisons between one "slice of change" and another "slice of change". Time is just a measure of change. So in the changeless Absolute, the linear illusions are just ripples on the surface of the ocean of infinity.

So the only thing that had an "origin", so to speak, was the idea of origins in the first place.

Infinity always was, and always will be.

Unbound

The word that is Tao is not the Tao.
(11-09-2014, 04:24 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The dissolution into nothingness is the dissolution into unity, for there is no nothingness.

Nothing

Nothing becomes

Nothing Is

it's like the nothingness of falling asleep Matt.

when the conscious mind rests, then what happens?
For nothing to exist there must be awareness of nothing thus the creation of everything out of nothing and nothing out of everything.
It's like nothing when you've fallen asleep and aren't dreaming.
(11-10-2014, 05:28 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It's like nothing when you've fallen asleep and aren't dreaming.

That is just because the cognitive function we call "memory" isn't operational, normally, during these times.

We never actually "lose consciousness", but we often forget that we were conscious. Absence of memory is not memory of absence! Tongue
"While everyone in this world strives to get somewhere and become someone, only to leave it all behind after death, you aim for the supreme stage of nothingness. Live this life as light and empty as the number zero. We are no different from a pot. It is not the decorations outside but the emptiness inside that holds us straight. Just like that, it is not what we aspire to achieve but the consciousness of nothingness that keeps us going."~ Shams-i-Tabrīzī

Unbound

We talk about it, but that's not it. It isn't it, nor is it not.