Bring4th

Full Version: What is the importance of the familial bond?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one area that I've always been quite confused about. I'm not sure why I've grown up without such a thing but I've never seen the reason for such strong ties to other selves purely based on a biological relation. I often wonder if this is an area that needs learning or now that I've become aware of the greater unity with all that I've always somehow realized the inherent connection thus never saw a difference between a family member and a stranger.

The flip side is that I wonder if I truly know what love is but I know I've loved partners in indescribable ways. The connection that I liken to these partnerships is not only romantic but a deep knowing of the bond and it seems that the latter half if how many people describe their bond with family members yet the only times I've felt that was with my grandparents as they primarily were there while my mother worked during my earliest few years. I wonder if I established this parental bond with them which would explain my disconnection with my parents but doesn't explain my disconnection with my siblings or any other relative.

Does anyone else share this seemingly odd lack of bond with family?
(11-28-2014, 10:28 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]This is one area that I've always been quite confused about. I'm not sure why I've grown up without such a thing but I've never seen the reason for such strong ties to other selves purely based on a biological relation. I often wonder if this is an area that needs learning or now that I've become aware of the greater unity with all that I've always somehow realized the inherent connection thus never saw a difference between a family member and a stranger.

The flip side is that I wonder if I truly know what love is but I know I've loved partners in indescribable ways. The connection that I liken to these partnerships is not only romantic but a deep knowing of the bond and it seems that the latter half if how many people describe their bond with family members yet the only times I've felt that was with my grandparents as they primarily were there while my mother worked during my earliest few years. I wonder if I established this parental bond with them which would explain my disconnection with my parents but doesn't explain my disconnection with my siblings or any other relative.

Does anyone else share this seemingly odd lack of bond with family?

I feel similarly. I feel no special bond, and some cases it is void, with family members. I feel unconditional love at times (because I can't seem to hold that higher consciousness all the time) for them as I do any human. But my true bonds of an emotional nature are with a handful of people I have met through the course of my life with whom I have a deep resonance or familiarity.

I think the family situation, for any who came here to volunteer, was more of challenges set up for change, or abilities in the genetic lines, rather than karma. I have been told I had no soul connection to my genetic lines, and while that made me feel more isolated, it rang true. I simply have a blank when it comes to what I see in other people—that special love or bond with family. I always feel like Spock (from Star Trek) when observing some of the emotional connections I see.
The only characters I have strong bonds with are dream characters. Nobody in real life holds that bond for me. Except maybe my dog.