Bring4th

Full Version: The Genesis story of Adam & Eve as an allegory for human mortality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my friends;

I think I've worked out the allegorical meaning of the Biblical story of Eden. I suspect the reason we find this story so compelling is that it speaks strongly to our subconscious, pre-incarnational mind.

I believe that what they refer to as the Garden of Eden is in fact the Astral realm, while Adam & Eve were naive young souls living the Astral who have never incarnated in the earthly physical environment.

You can imagine that hanging around in the astral realms, innocent and free of karma, that existence would be very much like that described in the Garden of Eden tale. There's no suffering, no conflict, no childbirth, and no strong sense of "self" that would be embarrassed about being naked.

The snake in the garden represents the mortal human body. If you think about what the image of the snake means to the human subconscious, it is basically a cruel creature that slides around in the muck & slime, hurting others. But at the same time, a snake is extremely vulnerable to being wounded or killed.

From the perspective of a naive young soul in the Astral realm, the human body would look to them just like a snake appears to us!

So then, what was so tempting about this disgusting reptile? What appeal did the mortal body present to Adam & Eve? Several things: First, the fruit. I think what the fruit represents is sensuality. In mortal life, we get to enjoy feasting, sex, sports, victory over our enemies, pride, etc. These are all experiences that you won't get in the astral-- at least not as real and as sensual as they are down here.

Second, there is the promise of what we stand to gain by enjoying the fruits of mortality. It is our chance to learn the "Knowledge of Good & Evil", in other words, Duality. In 3D physical, duality appears to be the natural state of things, but in higher realms, duality is almost hard to understand, because from that perspective the common unity of all things is apparent. Thus, to really understand what it is to be Evil or what it is to be Good, you need to come down here and be a mortal for a while.

Adam & Eve would still have hesitated to take on the terrors & delights of mortality except for one trick that the snake demonstrated to them-- snakes can shed their skin! The allegorical meaning of this is that we get to reincarnate all we want. This means that nothing down here really matters. We might blow things up, hurt others, damage our selves, but then we just shed the body, and pick up a new one, and we start over again with a (relatively) clean slate.

It was the reassurance of reincarnation that finally convinced Adam & Eve to take a chance with the mortal experience, for the sake of learning duality and enjoying the sensual experiences of human life.

So why did they promptly get kicked out of Eden/Astral when they took on mortal bodies? Apparently the rules are that only 4D and higher souls can take their bodies into both the astral and physical realms. So these newly-minted 3D souls (Adam & Eve) had to get out and go live on earth. They will only get to eat from the "Tree of Life" after they have graduated third density. At that point, they no longer need to reincarnate, but can still enjoy the pleasures of physical life.

Even though we have not understood the allegorical meaning of the Adam/Eve myth, we nevertheless found it compelling enough to have preserved it and passed it on for many thousands of years. I suspect it is an extremely ancient wisdom teaching.
i think this is brilliant. thank u for sharing!!!!!!!

shortly after i saw where u were going, i thought this exact same thing:

(12-10-2014, 08:23 PM)meng leren Wrote: [ -> ]snakes can shed their skin! The allegorical meaning of this is that we get to reincarnate all we want.

it was awesome discovering that u had already came to this same conclusion yourself!

[Image: AsnakesheddingitsskinTherewillbenosleepi...-38655.gif]
interesting, poor us!
I am not sure i fully agree with this. I would say that Adam is the symbolism for the conscious mind and eve the unconscious mind. They are in Eden which is the symbol of unity being with the creator before taking on physical form in 3rd density.

Adam and Eve at this point aren't two different entities but represent the completeness of the soul before incarnation into duality. The snake is normally an symbol of wisdom. I would say that the fruit represents desire, which leads one into the physical but the wisdom(snake) in doing this is the needed learning process, else we wouldn't be able to progress.

The Snake or wisdom lures eve the unconsciousness into the fruit or desire of 3rd density not as some cruel trap but because it is a needed experience. I would agree that the fact snakes can shed skin could point to reincarnation this makes sense.

So Adam Eve and Eden are all one in the same, the Conscious/Unconscious are one in the same, the male/female are balanced. The tree of life in this sense is Good/Evil and its fruit is the manifestation. Good/evil being duality.