Bring4th

Full Version: Can't remember dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to be able to be concious in my dreams or at least remember them. When I sleep it's a total blackout as if time just leaped to the morning, I've read a lot on the subject and tried different things with no result.

So I wanna ask, could there be a "reason" as to why I can't remember my dreams?
What sorts of things have you tried?
(12-15-2014, 01:21 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]What sorts of things have you tried?

A lot of meditation, trying to do a dream journal or rather thinking about it since it doesn't have any entries, using drugs and doing reality checks during the day mostly
(12-15-2014, 02:33 AM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2014, 01:21 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]What sorts of things have you tried?

A lot of meditation, trying to do a dream journal or rather thinking about it since it doesn't have any entries, using drugs and doing reality checks during the day mostly

I think that alcohol and THC tend to hinder dream recall.
Having said that I had the most prolific experiences after drinking some belgian Trappist ales.
Seems to work best with me after I hear the 'Wake up!" from higher self around 2 or 3 am. If I wait till morning recall will not usually be as full.
A strong desire to be able to remember also seems to help.
i think i remember reading things to try in the comments of this post that graham hancock posted recently:

https://www.facebook.com/Author.GrahamHa...6315197354
I find THC does reduce my dreams, but I find alcohol gives me much more vivid dreams. I speculate that maybe since the cannabinoid system in our bodies deals with forgetting/unlearning trauma, part of the reason cannabis users dream less is because they have a lot less to process in their sleep, as a lot of the "junk" information gets filtered out already.

I also watched a Bashar clip recently where he said that often when people don't remember their dreams, it's because they are already living them. There's nothing to process because they are on track and doing well already.

The other theory is that you spend all your astral time doing things like teach/learning or learn/teaching things that you can't consciously bring back to 3D.

I smoke marijuana and my dream recall is infrequent at best, but if I am diligent about keeping a journal then it's definitely easier for me to remember them daily. So I'm sure you've heard this before but scribe everything you remember as soon as you are conscious. It's the best way to train your brain to remember. Also, setting your intention to remember as much as possible before falling asleep can help as well.
I have heard a lot of different things being said on the subject. Some say that if one can't remember dreams a blockage is happening at one level or another. I have also heard that diet can help with dream recall. Keeping a dream diary upon awakening and setting a strong intention to remember dream should help you out as well.

You have 3 dream practices that i known of those are Dream Yoga, Yoga Nidra and Lucid dreaming.

I wouldn't fully agree with the idea of not having dreams means you are living your dreams, i would say that once you have balanced out the first 3 centers and move to the heart you are probably going to working on a more lucid level, so the dreaming transforms rather than stops imo. So on one hand it might mean that you have processed a lot of the lower triad energy and need to work on the higher activation? This would make sense i think, if we take Bashar's idea into context.

Quote:In one who is blocked at two of the three lower energy centers dreaming will be of value in the polarization process in that there will be a repetition of those portions of recent catalyst as well as deeper-held blockages, thereby giving the waking mind clues as to the nature of these blockages and hints as to possible changes in perception which may lead to the unblocking.

I haven't been having many dreams lately. I did go through a period of having many dreams and lucid/astral states.

Quote:For those whose green-ray energy centers have been activated as well as for those whose green-ray energy centers are offered an unusual unblockage due to extreme catalyst, such as what is termed the physical death of the self or one which is beloved occurring in what you may call your near future, dreaming takes on another activity. This is what may loosely be termed precognition or a knowing which is prior to that which shall occur in physical manifestation in your yellow-ray third-density space/time

In fact with a little more research on the subject it seems that most people are in agreement that we all dream else we would suffer from mental health issues. So its probably just not remembering the dreams rather than not dreaming at all.
I used to wake up several times a night as a kid naturally, and as a result could remember 100% of my dreams. You could try setting an alarm to go off every 2 and a half hours or whatever you feel is appropriate.
Well well well I actually succeeded in lucid dreaming this morning BigSmile I felt a strong ringing between my ears and focusing on it intensively so much that I was crisping my face, when I felt I reached some kind of peak I would open my eyes into the dream.

Firstly I got up of my bed and looked into the mirror and started doing magic. I would generated sparks of light on top of my hand and also generate electricity from one hand to another. While doing this I saw three times a dark silhouette from outside (from the mirror you can view the window in the back) and then I tried to.. shoot them lighting bolts to chase them away, which didn't really work as planned because to channel it I had to concentrate a lot but when I did so they would vanish. Also two of them had yellow eyes. Then a group of people came into my room and started bringing together every books and every things I had wrote. I asked them if they were of the Orion group and a man answered no. I asked him what was the name of their group and he said they didn't like names. I asked him if they knew me and he said no and that was why they were here. I tried following them but lost focus and everything became dark. So I did the process again and went back into the dream, they weren't there anymore so I started going around and found my sister. We spoke and bit and went outside where I saw again those people I had first seen. I told my sister that I knew them, and she said that here there was no one I could truely know. A lot of noise came from the real world and broke my trance so it ended that way.

About the cannabis part, it could apply to me since I'm a regular smoker, but I don't recall having a better ability with dream when I used to not smoke.

Also I didn't say this but I'm really no good at visualizing, in fact some time ago while doing of trip of magic mushroom I expended my mind to the possibility of visualizing which is now really weak but still something I can grasp a bit. Prior to that visualizing was completely something out of my reach and unkown to me despites a lot and a lot of hours of trying and meditation to succeed without any results.
Quote:Also, setting your intention to remember as much as possible before falling asleep can help as well.

Yeh, Jade, that's the key for me.

Knock and the door shall be opened.

I gave it a pretty fucking good kicking to be honest.

EDIT:

I thought words like "fucking" were filtered.

Just as a side note, the recall of dreamtime experience may not always be pleasant. Could be a large thought form to digest.
When thinking about it, I think it happenned maybe 3 times including today in the last 6 years which I remembered a dream where a dark silhouette would look at me and I think each time I felt some kind of fear, the two other times this would eject me from the dream which didn't happen today.
(12-15-2014, 02:03 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Also I didn't say this but I'm really no good at visualizing, in fact some time ago while doing of trip of magic mushroom I expended my mind to the possibility of visualizing which is now really weak but still something I can grasp a bit. Prior to that visualizing was completely something out of my reach and unkown to me despites a lot and a lot of hours of trying and meditation to succeed without any results.

Many people think they can't visualize, but if you can remember the layout of your home or any other environment you can visualize. Don't worry if the images are not 100% crystal clear. That only happens in the deeper stages of consciousness. Practice "remembering" the way something looks while relaxing deeply in the space between waking and sleeping. It will get more and more vivid the more you practice.

And everybody dreams every night, several times a night (provided they go to sleep), the best way to remember those subtle memories is to do your best to wake up very slowly. Alarm clocks are NOT conducive to this process. And if you remember any little details of a dream as you come out of sleep, condense whatever you remember down to a single word and focus on that word and remember it into full consciousness. You can use it as a trigger to open your mind back to those dream memories, like keeping a door slightly open with your hand before it closes and locks shut.

Usually a few keywords will allow you to recall large chunks of an involved dream memory.

And of course, keeping a regular dream journal over time to will sharpen your memories (I know you already said you were trying this).
Quote:In my whole life (I'm 23) I recalled maybe... up to 10 dreams total, and half of them were about my ex-girlfriend when we broke up
I'm sure the ex is not a metaphor for the feminine right hemisphere that is active during the dream state. I am also sure that it is not reminding you of how your left hemisphere "broke up" with the right side, effectively ceasing any awareness of the activity of that side. Not possible since the establishment has not trained everyone to relegate the right hemisphere into a "sub" conscious state.
(12-15-2014, 04:51 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]When thinking about it, I think it happenned maybe 3 times including today in the last 6 years which I remembered a dream where a dark silhouette would look at me and I think each time I felt some kind of fear, the two other times this would eject me from the dream which didn't happen today.
That usually happens when you get up to activities that draw a lot of attention.

In a lucid dream I had, I attempted to split myself into two bodies and shift consciousness in between them.. Had to deflect a lot of curious/irritated entities for that. In fact, even after I woke up I saw a dark shadow travel across the room for a while(not sure exactly what that means).

One way to prevent those kinds of events from happening is to work your physical energies more as they help to dim down the more brilliant ones.

These experiences are in my experience always a symptom of an imbalance, although there is no reason to worry unless they happen often(even then there's no reason to worry, just learn to meditate bottom-up or get a black tourmaline to put in your pillowcase etc)
Good to hear you're getting results. I've also found that finding your rhythm and going to bed at the right time seems to increase dream recall. I have great recall, but it isn't like it used to be, and I think it's related to going to bed later than I used to. I think if we're not getting a good amount of sleep (ideally at least 8 hours for me), our bodies are stressed which decreases dream activity..seems to produce a deeper sleep. For me, if I'm asleep by a certain time it seems to align with a natural rhythm that allows for restful sleep which increases dreams/recall as I tend to wake up a couple times a night.

Ever notice how if you pass out on the couch for an hour or two you'll have a vivid dream and remember all of it? Not only are you treating your body to an unexpected break, it's also because you woke up after a short period able to make it aware to your waking mind and keep it fresh.
(12-15-2014, 02:22 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Also, setting your intention to remember as much as possible before falling asleep can help as well.

Yeh, Jade, that's the key for me.

Knock and the door shall be opened.

I gave it a pretty fucking good kicking to be honest.

EDIT:

I thought words like "fucking" were filtered.

Just as a side note, the recall of dreamtime experience may not always be pleasant. Could be a large thought form to digest.

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep I think "I'd like to remember my dreams... please....!" I could probably put my foot down with myself a bit more firmly. Tongue

As far as more advice from discarnate entities... pretty sure Seth encourages "two sleeps" as a means of getting better rest, and having more active dream recall - the less time we spend away from the astral state, the better, and the less time we're in the astral state before we wake the better. So if you sleep 6 hours, then wake, then later take a nap for 2 hours - if this is possible with one's schedule, Seth recommends it for many reasons, dream recall a main one.
(12-16-2014, 12:47 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]Many people think they can't visualize, but if you can remember the layout of your home or any other environment you can visualize.

Well as I said now I'm able to get something unclear but prior to the experience I mentionned a few weeks ago it was void in my mind. If I would try to remember how something looked, I'd remember a textual description of the object through words. Same as when I would daydream, which I did a lot, rather than a movie it's more like a script version I would read mentally without visual feedback

I've also read some people are lucid of their dreams but they hold no image, total darkness with only sounds like when I would daydream.

(12-16-2014, 11:15 AM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Ever notice how if you pass out on the couch for an hour or two you'll have a vivid dream and remember all of it?

I did that many times and it's still a black out

(12-16-2014, 02:13 AM)BrownEye Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:In my whole life (I'm 23) I recalled maybe... up to 10 dreams total, and half of them were about my ex-girlfriend when we broke up
I'm sure the ex is not a metaphor for the feminine right hemisphere that is active during the dream state. I am also sure that it is not reminding you of how your left hemisphere "broke up" with the right side, effectively ceasing any awareness of the activity of that side. Not possible since the establishment has not trained everyone to relegate the right hemisphere into a "sub" conscious state.

Well I'm trying to expand my mind to all of it's capabilities, which is why I first started meditation. But the dreams about my ex were kind of about my ex. I dreamnt about things like we hadn't broke up and were still together or arguing. You may be right or I was simply missing her as I still am but without the dreams

Anyway could you expand about how to work on this problem?
(12-16-2014, 12:47 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]And if you remember any little details of a dream as you come out of sleep, condense whatever you remember down to a single word and focus on that word and remember it into full consciousness. You can use it as a trigger to open your mind back to those dream memories, like keeping a door slightly open with your hand before it closes and locks shut.

This is a lovely new trick! I can't wait to apply this one to my process.

I have been journaling for over a year now. And believe me, recall improves, slowly yes, but it does improve. I keep a list of questions/appeals to my higher self in my journal and re-read them after logging my dream. Recurring themes, rise and fade as catalyst and its resultant experience trickles down into the roots of the mind. There is a unending wellspring of inspiration, premonition, mystery and straight up weird s*** that can be accessed while dreaming. You won't get bored penetrating the dreaming mind.
Log it, reflect upon it and apply the themes within an archetypical framework. Below are some relevant quotes.

"Each relationship which you have gives you a mirror for yourself. Just as in your dreams, each character represents a portion of yourself. So, in the waking life each interaction with another entity shows you the mirror of yourself, in part, in the actions and behaviors, the thoughts and the concepts offered by that interaction. Consequently, you are constantly seeing portions of yourself mirrored in a somewhat distorted way by those who are in relationship with you." -Q'uo

Each character represents a portion of yourself!? Now think about that dream again....
It defies our cultural training to think of others as portions of ourselves. But I think that is the point and the key to 4-D awakening and knowing the Creator.

"Oftentimes there is the attempt within dreams of the self to come more into balance with that which is distorted either for joy or for sorrow. Images seen within dreams often give one clues as to the true nature of perceived experience or the deeper nature of that experience which has many layers, some of which you may not have seen." -Q'uo

Yes, YES the many layers, most of which we have not seen. Who doesn't want clues to the true nature of perceived experience? By learning how your dreaming mind attempts to balance and work things out, you can apply these techniques to your waking life as well.

"May we say to you that all things in your experience are very useful for your understanding, and this definitely includes dreams, for one third of your life, if you are lucky, is spent in garnering these messages from parts of your mind and spirit that are forced into quietude during your active, daily work-a-day world. Sometimes your dreams will simply attempt to work out frustrations in your daily life and are simply a means of helping you to adjust to a situation which is less than perfect. However, if you become a student of your own dreams, that is, if you begin to write them down as soon as you awaken, you will begin to understand things about yourself that you did not understand before. For you are, in your dreams, conversing with parts of yourself that are in touch with your higher self and with those whom we would call your angels or your guides." -Latwii

Dreams, what a wonderful mysterious gift! Have fun exploring, there are no limits.
i think dream logging is a colossal waste of time & energy

it could be a coincidence that your recall has improved since starting the journal. it could have nothing to do with the logging

if i were to write down everything i get to remember in the mornings i'd be writing pages & pages of bs for an hour

the only dream scenes of mine that get logged are the ones i feel compelled to share on this forum or with a friend thru email. i never get the urge to go back & read the dreams i've written down bc i remember them all like i had them yesterday & so i see no point. i don't have to write them down for me to reflect on them & see that there are recurring themes, premonitions, inspirations, mysteries, & et cetera

i feel i frequently get dreams that have nothing to do with me. they often feel like an actual experience rather than a cryptic message to be analyzed & decoded. just like i don't log & comptemplate & analyze every little event that i can recall from a day in my waking life, i don't log/contemplate/analyze dream memories - & never will
I have about a year and a half of sporadic dream logging, and when I do read back through it, I really enjoy it... of course, I don't have pages and pages from every night, but reading how I tried to interpret things into text with a half-awake brain usually gets me cracked up.

Whoa, I was looking for an instance that was worded creatively, and found a dream I have no recollection of - I dreamed of my sister's guide? I am not very close with my sister but she is a recurring character in my dreams.

Quote:10/18/13
I had to go back to school to take one math test, from my St. Anthony's religion teacher. I decided to put it off. The other shower/bathroom was broken so mom let amber cut ahead of me in the shower. My room was a mess and I wanted to put things away. I could hear Amber talking to herself about aliens and stuff, and I peeked in and saw a tall man talking back to her. I asked her if it was her guide and she said yes, he name is Teta?/Theta? and sometimes he's so beautiful he makes her cry.

I was going to take Amber to school but mom decided to anyway. I had to get to work at 12:30 anyway, school was out of the question.

School analogies... Sad
yeah...i guess dream logging can be quite useful, for many reasons. if u enjoy going back & reading them, & if u're not good at remembering them, & if it somehow helps u to recall more upon waking then logging is definitely for u. it's not for me mainly bc of the amount i get to remember every morning

when a friend told me about bill cosby being in my neck of the woods not too long i was really happy that i happened to share my bill cosby dream so i could compare the exact dates to see if the dream came in when he was near my location...but that's the only instance i can think of where writing a dream down was useful for me