Bring4th

Full Version: Astral Light.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to be able to view my subconsciousness at will or so it would seem. Its quite strange at time, its almost like watching a little dream in your mind when thinking of one thing leads to another. For instance, if i imagine say a cross i might see it in an airy vision in the minds eye, it is golden and now its in a field next to a castle and so on.

It is also possible to see different people and entities. Although i believe all of this is simply viewing my subconsciousness. With a little research it seems to the same concept of what Jung called active imagination with the next stage being experiencing it through first person as a means to connect the conscious and unconscious. Jung when he developed this technique said that it had basically two effects, those of his own past and those which come from the collective unconscious being mythological or rather archetypal in experience.

Its interesting to note that the Qabalastic pathworking seems to use methods but has a more guided version through archetypes relating to the major arcana of the tarot.
(12-15-2014, 12:54 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to be able to view my subconsciousness at will or so it would seem. Its quite strange at time, its almost like watching a little dream in your mind when thinking of one thing leads to another. For instance, if i imagine say a cross i might see it in an airy vision in the minds eye, it is golden and now its in a field next to a castle and so on.

It is also possible to see different people and entities. Although i believe all of this is simply viewing my subconsciousness. With a little research it seems to the same concept of what Jung called active imagination with the next stage being experiencing it through first person as a means to connect the conscious and unconscious. Jung when he developed this technique said that it had basically two effects, those of his own past and those which come from the collective unconscious being mythological or rather archetypal in experience.

Its interesting to note that the Qabalastic pathworking seems to use methods but has a more guided version through archetypes relating to the major arcana of the tarot.

It's also very interesting that you are drawing on intuition in order to form these opinions.

I love this quote:

Quote:That which we do not bring to consciousness appears in our lives as fate. -- Carl Jung

Unbound

Yep, doing this pretty much 24/7 for years.
I feel compelled to write here a bit of my experience. As I have only recently opened up to this kind of perception. In words all I can describe is my shared experience of synchronized glimpses of astral realities.

At times the glimpses have been so intense as to direct me into a sleepless activated state of viewing fuzzy archetypal entities or beautiful dark structures flowing gracefully, or horrendously from one to the next. The visions transform accordingly to my state of mind/body/spirit vibration.

Now what I am to use this perception for is still an object of my focus and refined loving observation. I tend to understand they are begging my attention to make amends with them, love them go back to their balanced more free higher energy states.

I have to say their presence in my life has been a great learning experience. I am curious to know of others and their experiences with this astral light - as the working is challenging at times.

Unbound

It is actually really fascinating and crazy to me that it is not common to everyone, I think that's so cool, I would love to experience other modes of mental experience.
Gotta love synchronicities... The past few weeks I've been trying to frame this into a question to post here. The phenomenon is practically ineffable to me. My dreams and this... whatever you want to call it are much more strange than I hear most people describe. If I close my eyes, rid myself of distractions, and allow my mind to relax, I see this phenomenon. Mine are just so alien I can't even form words to describe what I see. It looks like various physical objects that very quickly and fluidly morph into other objects and places. 75% of the things I see are completely alien to this world and are therefore indescribable.

I wonder why mine seems so different than others or perhaps this is just my perception?
Ahhhhhhhh.... I can finally bond on this, right? I'm also a bit dissapointed its not more common. However our society seems to pin a lot of these types into hospitals and on meds without the process of concious/subconcious individuation being completed. I want to reach out and tell them they aren't crazy!

I have been asked to describe these forms many times. And at a total loss of words all I can summon up is 'Alien' and 'Archetypal'

With a colourful predominance toward ultraviolet/neon green/deep blue/black light. Most certainly not worldly colours!
I don't have this experience you're describing, but it did remind me of a book I picked up recently:
Exploration Of Consciousness
Milner, Dennis - Editor; Authors - Binns, James; Dean, Harry; Mcneil, Andre

They use a very simple guided visualization technique to enter a dreamlike world where they are able to interact with guides and get answers, which they use primarily to gain a metaphysical understanding of physical processes, plant growth, etc. If the ability you're all describing is related, you might be able to apply the same technique as the book's authors very easily.

Unbound

Yeah, I believe shamans and druids call it taking a journey, while a magician might call it scrying.