Bring4th

Full Version: What to write about?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Unbound

So, I have been strongly moving towards working on some blog of sorts, I think it would be a good service, fun creatively and give me an outlet for some of my thoughts. However, I am somewhat caught up on the dilemma of - what should I write about? There is literally an unlimited number of things I could do so. Some things I have more knowledge and experience with so obviously I can relate more accurate and informative information in those fields but that isn't to say "outside" reviews of unfamiliar topics are not also interesting and useful.

I guess that being said, what would you write about in a blog? For those who have had some interaction with me, is there anything you might be interested in seeing me write more extensively about, or anything that stands out as something I am somewhat competent with? Aha
How about Gnosticism? Can't forget meditation either. Maybe also a beginners guide to all things spirituality. Whatever you write about, I'm sure I'll read it.

Unbound

I can't say I'm necessarily versed in Gnosticism enough to really have a lot of comments on it, although I could certainly comment on the old Gnostic scriptures and make some comments on current Gnostic groups. More in this field I would probably comment on how Gnosticism was actually seeded in to the future through Alchemy, but then Alchemy I believe is also something separate from Gnosticism.

However, I have actually already considered doing the "beginner's guide" to all things spiritual as I had realized there isn't really anything available that isn't so wrapped up in terminology and ideas. Maybe that would be a good place for me to start then, as I always long to make "spirituality" or more particularly, the spiritual arts more accessible to the general population.

Well, I might have more to say on Gnosticism if I revisit some of my old studies, just been awhile since I was in to it! Aha
(12-20-2014, 03:04 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]However, I have actually already considered doing the "beginner's guide" to all things spiritual as I had realized there isn't really anything available that isn't so wrapped up in terminology and ideas. Maybe that would be a good place for me to start then, as I always long to make "spirituality" or more particularly, the spiritual arts more accessible to the general population.

I think you have your answer... I think its really amusing how you answer your own questions so often. Tongue

Unbound

Aha Sometimes we need a good mirror to show us what is obvious.

Strangely enough, it seems I thrive on answering myself through interaction with others, almost like it's a service in itself aha

I think in a lot of cases I already have my answer but I share my thoughts not necessarily for validation but for the sake of seeing how others might handle those ideas.

Although in this case, I was genuinely curious of there is anything people would like to particularly see me write about, and conveniently it seems it has lined up with what I have already pondered. Usually that is the sort of thing I take as a "sign". Afterall, you are all just my unconscious self on the "outside".
You're a good story teller, Tanner. I really loved reading "The man who was not", maybe you could write more stories like that.
(12-20-2014, 03:04 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ](...)
However, I have actually already considered doing the "beginner's guide" to all things spiritual as I had realized there isn't really anything available that isn't so wrapped up in terminology and ideas. Maybe that would be a good place for me to start then, as I always long to make "spirituality" or more particularly, the spiritual arts more accessible to the general population.
(...)

Hello Dear Unbound,

I, personally, am Fascinating with Consciousness and "It's" Qualities/Properties. There's overwhelming paucity in written Words (in general) that treats Consciousness as a Separate and Whole. Most often "It's" presented as an agglomeration of many, different biological and psychical qualities.
But (as I understand it) Consciousness is a Complete Whole, that does interacts with physical, but is not physical It-Self. Such perspective next to "Spiriritual" - which is in fact different approach to the very same sphere - would add significantly to greater sceptics, to read more/whole and even to discuss.

All I have Best in me for You

Unbound

(12-20-2014, 04:24 PM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]You're a good story teller, Tanner. I really loved reading "The man who was not", maybe you could write more stories like that.

Aha I really should have made it more obvious (although I did mention it numerous times) but I was actually not the one who penned that story, it was just my consciousness that provided the influence behind it. The author of that story is our own Brittany/Yera/Ahktu, who is indeed a phenomenal writer.

However, I do actually have an interest in writing stories as well and have a number of ideas for novels, and actually that kind of comes back to a project I had started years and years ago but which I quickly fell away from, perhaps because the story seemed too expansive in my mind.

That is a blog-story I started here. The idea was originally for it to be an on-going diary with each entry being the story told by the main character Martholemew. I have some really cool ideas for this story still in my mind so that would certainly be an endeavour to work on (although I think I need to go back to the original entries and do some major editing and updating since my writing skills have vastly improved since then.)

http://outsidethelimelight.blogspot.ca/

Then there is my "madness" blog which is basically a rant blog.

http://dreamofazrael.blogspot.ca/

So now I'm at a point where I feel I need to make a "useful" blog I guess I would say. The idea to create a beginner's guide to spirituality is a good idea and I had actually forgotten about it until it was mentioned in this thread. (Another good reason to insight other selves for assistance.)

However, now that you have mentioned it, storytelling used to be the main focus of my writing and at some point I completely dropped fiction for some reason. I have barely read any fiction in years, only the occasional book here and there. I think at some point I felt like it would be impossible for me to make something original, to make something that people would love. I felt like every good idea had already been done. Maybe it's a good time to re-assess my creativity...

(12-20-2014, 05:05 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-20-2014, 03:04 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ](...)
(...)

Hello Dear Unbound,

I, personally, am Fascinating with Consciousness and "It's" Qualities/Properties. There's overwhelming paucity in written Words (in general) that treats Consciousness as a Separate and Whole. Most often "It's" presented as an agglomeration of many, different biological and psychical qualities.
But (as I understand it) Consciousness is a Complete Whole, that does interacts with physical, but is not physical It-Self. Such perspective next to "Spiriritual" - which is in fact different approach to the very same sphere - would add significantly to greater sceptics, to read more/whole and even to discuss.

This is a topic I have long wanted to write about, but I admit I am at a bit of a loss to start. I see the core of consciousness as being the deepest mystery, although certainly I treat it as a "thing in itself", but that could certainly be part of the topics to cover in the beginner's guide.

If I was to do this I would probably not try to "explain" Consciousness, but instead try to point to its mysteries. However, I could definitely put some words down as to how "spirituality" and "consciousness" are connected but that isn't a very well defined point.
(12-20-2014, 05:18 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ](...)
This is a topic I have long wanted to write about, but I admit I am at a bit of a loss to start. I see the core of consciousness as being the deepest mystery, although certainly I treat it as a "thing in itself", but that could certainly be part of the topics to cover in the beginner's guide.

If I was to do this I would probably not try to "explain" Consciousness, but instead try to point to its mysteries. However, I could definitely put some words down as to how "spirituality" and "consciousness" are connected but that isn't a very well defined point.

I realize it is not proper place, but in this, particular situation I do would like to recommend You Words of Seth. In "Nature of Personal Reality" alone You can find some extremely interesting thoughts, that might be a springboard to your own Creation.

I would like to bring couple of quotes at this point - each is Worth an eye:

Quote:***
Much is not as yet known. Your psychologists are not able to think
in terms of a soul, and your religious leaders are not able, or refuse, to
comprehend it psychologically even to its simplest degree. Metaphysics
and psychology have not met, in other words.
Trees and rocks possess their own consciousness, and also share a
gestalt consciousness, even as the living portions of your body. The cells
and organs have their own awarenesses, and a gestalt one. So the race of
man also has individual consciousness and a gestalt or mass consciousness,
of which you individually are hardly aware.

The mass race consciousness, in its terms, possesses an identity. You
are a portion of that identity while still being unique, individual and
independent. You are confined only to the extent that you have chosen
physical reality, and so placed yourself within its context of experience.
While physical, you follow physical laws, or assumptions. These form
the framework for corporeal expression.
(...) consciousness is within all physical phenomena (...)
Because you are reasoning as creatures, because you have available
such varieties of experience, the [human] species developed reasoning
abilities that are meant to evolve and grow as they are used. Your
consciousness expands as you use it. You become "more" conscious as
you exercise these faculties.

A flower cannot write a poem about itself. You can, and in so doing
your own consciousness turns around about itself. It literally becomes more
than it was. Existing in such diversified, rich environment-possibilities, the
human psyche needed and developed a conscious mind that could make
fairly concise and accurate "minute by minute" judgments and
evaluations. As the conscious mind grew, now, so did the range of imagination.
The conscious mind is a vehicle for the imagination in many
ways. The greater its knowledge the further the reach of imagination. In
return imagination enriches conscious reasoning and emotional
experience.
The conscious mind is not some prodigal child or
poor relative of the self. It can quite freely focus into inner reality when
you understand that it can. You, again, have a conscious mind. You can
change the focus of your own consciousness.
But the body is composed of living, responding atoms and molecules.
These have their own consciousnesses alive in matter, their drive to exist and be within the
framework of their own nature. They compose the cells, and these combine to
form the organs. The organs possess the combined consciousnesses of each of
the cells within them, and in their way the organs sense their own identity.
They have a purpose — that function they provide within the organism as a
whole. This cooperation of consciousness continues so that you have a body
consciousness that is vital, that strives to maintain its own equilibrium and
health.
At one level of your being there is a common ground where body
consciousness merges with that higher consciousness from which your
own identity springs. This is the ground of your being where soul and
flesh meet, both in time and out of it.

Once again I apologize for putting above in here - I realize it is not proper place, but it is my deep belief, that it may be very useful/important to emphasize this information at this time.

As I understand, Focus of Consciousness is crucial, as it seems to be a Spotlight of Our ability in that area. Yet, this label alone is very tricky, because it may suggest literally "sharp focus" of Consciousness and considering it Properties/Qualities in such Focus alone. But from what I've read and in small part experienced my-Self, I know that there are many Focuses, each with it's own functions/properties - this I perceive as Quality of Consciousness It-Self - ability to selective focus with great variety of intensity.
Therefore first step might be to differentiate at all different Focuses of Consciousness and an attempt to perceive differences in perception of data - literally an inlet of Information/Data. To Open Self for information beyond inherent five senses. It may have form of data from one or couple of senses, but it will not come from their normal - moment-to-moment - activity.
Same with interpretation of Information/Data. In different focuses of Consciousness, Our Mind/Reasoning/Data-Digesting/paths-of-thoughts are different - sometimes slightly, with minute differences. To recognize and to acknowledge those differences as parallel with Our predominate state of "Focus of Consciousness" and equally valid - that would be a Great Start in my opinion.

I'm sorry for the length of above (a long quote) but I'm quite excited, when it comes to this subject Tongue

Unbound

Aha I may be a step ahead of where you think I am. I am familiar with Seth and his teachings and indeed I find many common points within my own philosophy.

I am actually developing a series of books which will basically be "my teachings", and it may not surprise you to find that the first in the series is: 'Book One of the White Mage: Focus'

So yes, focus is indeed probably the first and foremost element of consciousness that is tangibly accessible. Again, of course, I do not consider focus to be consciousness itself. However, I equate Focus with the Logos. Logos is Focus.

Thus coming back to the element of Love which appears to be the driving factor behind all focus.

This would be a big subject to tackle and I would have to put some deep thought in to it, but it's true that this is a worthy topic of discussion. In my 'technical' writings, I tend to try and describe concepts through multiple words so I would probably not just say focus but also orientation, affinity, and ultimately identity which is the core focus of all consciousness. Consciousness focuses an establishes identity.

Anyways, not really the place to actually get in to these writings but maybe you can all help me then. I consider this topic of the facets of consciousness to be an "intermediate" study, not quite for the beginner. So that being said I ask all of you...

What would you like to see included in a "beginner's guide"? What topics do you think might be best tackled first?

My thoughts so far have taken me to intuition, inspiration and curiosity as I believe the spiritual path truly begins when one is faced with something, an experience or person that is deeply mysterious and this inspires an intuitive curiosity. Of course, I would probably also include how some people are introduced to spiritual concepts from a young age and I would maybe express that one of the first modes of seeking is that search for context, for an understanding of the world that will accommodate the experiences one has had.

Maybe we can create a list of topics that would be best tackled in order (roughly).
(12-20-2014, 07:08 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Aha I may be a step ahead of where you think I am. I am familiar with Seth and his teachings and indeed I find many common points within my own philosophy.

Yes, I know that, as We discussed in what We understand as "past" about it.
I also read many books of Seth, but when I'm putting them away, I cannot bring about such perspective as in His Words. To read again, and again, to understand it better and deeper. I've noticed, that after six months, my take on Seth Words was different - I've drawn slightly different understanding form Them.

That is why I've recommended to You to refresh your relation with this material.

(12-20-2014, 07:08 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]I am actually developing a series of books which will basically be "my teachings", and it may not surprise you to find that the first in the series is: 'Book One of the White Mage: Focus'

That, I would simply LOVE to read, so Please keep me/Us updated Smile

(12-20-2014, 07:08 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ](...)
I tend to try and describe concepts through multiple words so I would probably not just say focus but also orientation, affinity, and ultimately identity which is the core focus of all consciousness. Consciousness focuses an establishes identity.

You are absolutely right. I have to admit that I did not went that far, but longer I think about it, ultimate goal/consequence of focus of consciousness is an Identity. Great remark.

(12-20-2014, 07:08 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Anyways, not really the place to actually get in to these writings but maybe you can all help me then. I consider this topic of the facets of consciousness to be an "intermediate" study, not quite for the beginner. So that being said I ask all of you...

That may be, but if You will not include this at some point, the "Wholeness" of it all may escape some Peoples, especially those estranged with "Spiritual" part of Our culture on this planet (strong, negative experiences with organized religions for example).
It is hard. I, for example, have no idea where it's going "next" - I'm at this exact point in my Seekings. And it is my opinion, that by showing Our own examples and difficulties, We can add greatly to Other-Selves, by helping Them (or sometimes even showing how) to Translate all this terminology/label-ism into understandable Information, with presented Points of Reference - in other words Our own Paths.

To be clear - from what I've read in many of your Posts Unbound, You are way a head of me. That's the main reason why I've wrote/quote all above - I wanted to read Your take/understanding on all this Smile

(12-20-2014, 07:08 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]What would you like to see included in a "beginner's guide"? What topics do you think might be best tackled first?

My thoughts so far have taken me to intuition, inspiration and curiosity as I believe the spiritual path truly begins when one is faced with something, an experience or person that is deeply mysterious and this inspires an intuitive curiosity. Of course, I would probably also include how some people are introduced to spiritual concepts from a young age and I would maybe express that one of the first modes of seeking is that search for context, for an understanding of the world that will accommodate the experiences one has had.

Maybe we can create a list of topics that would be best tackled in order (roughly).

For me personally, true First Step in this Field is without any doubt to understand/experience, that there is more to You, than just this Body and your main Focus of Consciousness/Self. Only than there's base to acknowledge that there might be (absolutely start of Seekings - to allow the possibility) something Beyond physical causality, that may be, in some way, at some level, valid.

This is in my opinion absolute base, if this subject is supposed to be treated seriously.

That reminds me, when are we getting the second half of that story of yours? I am waiting with anticipation as to who it was that you saw right at the end of part one. Maybe also you can write about duality and what it means for us as humans living in this world?

Unbound

Well, although it was Brittany who wrote the first half, it is my work to complete the next, maybe I should start there!
(12-16-2014, 06:10 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]I guess that being said, what would you write about in a blog? For those who have had some interaction with me, is there anything you might be interested in seeing me write more extensively about, or anything that stands out as something I am somewhat competent with? Aha

You could choose a broad subject matter (all is one spirituality or something), and write about anything at all that you are compelled to write about.

I did this in a blog I started to promote a book I'm writing on women's self defense. So I titled the blog, Warrior Spirit, to capture the spirit of the blog but not pin me down to anything specific. I have talked about quantum physics and cosmology and other higher concepts there.

Here it is if you'd like to view it:
warrior spirit

Unbound

Cool, I'll check it out! That is really what my "rant" blog is for, is for whatever random comes in to my head. For this next blog I am thinking of something a little more focused and organized than just whatever comes to me aha
Quote:Aha I really should have made it more obvious (although I did mention it numerous times) but I was actually not the one who penned that story, it was just my consciousness that provided the influence behind it. The author of that story is our own Brittany/Yera/Ahktu, who is indeed a phenomenal writer.

However, I do actually have an interest in writing stories as well and have a number of ideas for novels, and actually that kind of comes back to a project I had started years and years ago but which I quickly fell away from, perhaps because the story seemed too expansive in my mind.

That is a blog-story I started here. The idea was originally for it to be an on-going diary with each entry being the story told by the main character Martholemew. I have some really cool ideas for this story still in my mind so that would certainly be an endeavour to work on (although I think I need to go back to the original entries and do some major editing and updating since my writing skills have vastly improved since then.)

http://outsidethelimelight.blogspot.ca/

Then there is my "madness" blog which is basically a rant blog.

http://dreamofazrael.blogspot.ca/

So now I'm at a point where I feel I need to make a "useful" blog I guess I would say. The idea to create a beginner's guide to spirituality is a good idea and I had actually forgotten about it until it was mentioned in this thread. (Another good reason to insight other selves for assistance.)

However, now that you have mentioned it, storytelling used to be the main focus of my writing and at some point I completely dropped fiction for some reason. I have barely read any fiction in years, only the occasional book here and there. I think at some point I felt like it would be impossible for me to make something original, to make something that people would love. I felt like every good idea had already been done. Maybe it's a good time to re-assess my creativity...
a very well defined point.

And here I thought you were just being humble Smile I like the Gracon story so I still think you're a good story teller. Coming up with original concepts for a speculative fiction story is like you said next to impossible so why worry about that. Rowling sold more than 400 million copies of the Harry Potter series, but imho the story isn't very original to say the least. Anywho you should obviously just write about what feels right, a spiritual beginners guide sounds like a solid plan for a blog to me.

Unbound

It seems the beginner's guide is already a popular idea, so I will work on building that! Again, I ask, if anybody has any suggestions or ideas of things they would like to see or think should be in said guide, let me know!
(12-22-2014, 03:18 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the beginner's guide is already a popular idea, so I will work on building that! Again, I ask, if anybody has any suggestions or ideas of things they would like to see or think should be in said guide, let me know!

Hello Dear Unbound,

Since I always have some ideas in this Field, I will continue Smile

I'm wondering how You would like to write this "Guide" - as step-by-step "Growth Guide", or maybe You would like to make more of a lexicon which would show connections between (seemingly) different phenomenons?

This will determine orderliness/arrangement of the entire Blog and the way You will be updating it.

I'll write in points topics, that are interesting in that Field, in my opinion. In parenthesis suggestions only Wink

- Prayer (religious / non-religious take)
- Meditation (how and why)
- Creativity (roots, ways of working with, to seek Creativity within every single moment)
- Dreams (functions, as platform of experience/communication/Creation)
- Beliefs (as Creators of Experience)
- Time (differences in its perception and Consciousness as Phenomenon not constricted by it)
- Power of Will (how to develop it and exercise further)
- Visualizations (and its functions - including in Rituals)
- Soul (as Phenomenon not contained with organized religions naive and oversimplified idea of Soul, with physical duality as one of "It's" Property/Quality)
- Incantations (and in general role of repeatedly spoken sentences (sometimes gestures are involved - rituals); Self programming - it may has something to do with building of an energy charge, but this is beyond me, at this time)
- Mobility of Consciousness (classical OOBE [when Consciousness-Self can see Physical-Self], as well as inner exploration [Focus of Consciousness involved Smile])

But above all, to Open Self for New Experience. Because that's what this Sphere is all about - Experience.

I started blogging about something I was infinitely excited about, the human design chart. I believed I had found a way to bring the two different archetypal systems into harmony, and bring a lot of extra information in, although I didn't say that.

I also blogged about how certain Law of One quotes had benefited my life.

Once you start blogging you will get your next idea, since I have found the energy kind of 'raises' as people read it and send energy back to you. Also, if you are a spiritual teacher the energy that you have from learning one spiritual lesson will lead you onto the next. I.e. I just blogged about Jupiter, the next blog if I chose to write it might be about my experience with a girl that surrounded my understanding of Jupiter, and the Law of One. Another one I could write is things that have improved me from the 'distortions' that I have found uncomfortable. Another thing may be of the 'revolutionary' sort of zeal that you also have expressed passion about.

If I was to read anything you wrote from what you have written, I would be interested in your experience with magickal groups, but would be concerned reading it as to it's polarity (since I have a lot of anxiety around these areas.) To be specific, since that could be taken as an insult. I would read it but if you said the 'Ipsissimus' wasn't so bad like you did on the other thread, I would be concerned about taking the teachings for that reason. Not that it is a correct or incorrect perspective. Just that I would be concerned.

(12-22-2014, 05:09 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]But above all, to Open Self for New Experience. Because that's what this Sphere is all about - Experience.

Agreed!

Tanner: Having actually read this thread. I have just got a computer and am excitedly darting about. I would say that you already know what you want to write. That there is a message springing up inside you and that it is different from my sort of energy, so I would have to probably invest energy to understand it! Although if we were to talk about archetypes personally so that there was no risk of infringement of free will, there might be common ground.
What should be in the guide is kind of a tough question IMO... It brings up a lot of other questions for me: would it be a guide to 'awakening' or just general 'spirituality'? Isn't that the same concept (or simply awakening to spirituality)? Guides are linear, so where do you start?

I would like to share my thought process on this. Let's say it is a guide to 'awakening to spirituality'. Where exactly do you start? When I try to answer that question, I tend to refer to my own awakening process. The seed thought that began my awakening seems to be 'there is something wrong with the world'. I always wanted to help people and was really bothered how bad certain things were in the world (such world hunger, wars, etc), and to a lesser extent things such as the structure of Western society (income disparity, authority figures trying to push you not to question and to be a happy worker bee, economy based on buying goods we don't need or important goods such as clothing designed to wear out so you have to buy more).

But at this point, I no longer feel there is something 'wrong with the world' because I just see it as society working out it's collective shadow. It still pains me to see many of these problems, but I am able process the catalyst properly (for the most part). So to me, it is a bit of a dilemma to put information about 'what is wrong'/conspiracies into a beginners guide because I would consider that a temporary step. Perhaps that is still appropriate to include that into a guide as long as you broaden your perspective enough to the point where you see that all is well in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose you could be nonspecific and simply include the Tool/Timothy Leary mantra "think for yourself, question authority". That mantra actually was the primary seed which blossomed over 5+ years.

All this could just be my own starting point... Maybe some people don't even start off with finding/feeling something is wrong with the way the world works.

Beyond that very first step in the guide, I'm not sure. I kind of had this part stuck in my head, so hopefully this post will allow me think beyond that to give other suggestions.

Unbound

(12-22-2014, 05:09 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2014, 03:18 PM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the beginner's guide is already a popular idea, so I will work on building that! Again, I ask, if anybody has any suggestions or ideas of things they would like to see or think should be in said guide, let me know!

Hello Dear Unbound,

Since I always have some ideas in this Field, I will continue Smile

I'm wondering how You would like to write this "Guide" - as step-by-step "Growth Guide", or maybe You would like to make more of a lexicon which would show connections between (seemingly) different phenomenons?

This will determine orderliness/arrangement of the entire Blog and the way You will be updating it.

I'll write in points topics, that are interesting in that Field, in my opinion. In parenthesis suggestions only Wink

- Prayer (religious / non-religious take)
- Meditation (how and why)
- Creativity (roots, ways of working with, to seek Creativity within every single moment)
- Dreams (functions, as platform of experience/communication/Creation)
- Beliefs (as Creators of Experience)
- Time (differences in its perception and Consciousness as Phenomenon not constricted by it)
- Power of Will (how to develop it and exercise further)
- Visualizations (and its functions - including in Rituals)
- Soul (as Phenomenon not contained with organized religions naive and oversimplified idea of Soul, with physical duality as one of "It's" Property/Quality)
- Incantations (and in general role of repeatedly spoken sentences (sometimes gestures are involved - rituals); Self programming - it may has something to do with building of an energy charge, but this is beyond me, at this time)
- Mobility of Consciousness (classical OOBE [when Consciousness-Self can see Physical-Self], as well as inner exploration [Focus of Consciousness involved Smile])

But above all, to Open Self for New Experience. Because that's what this Sphere is all about - Experience.

Many excellent topics that I would indeed have plenty to comment on. Again, it seems to me these are 'intermediate' topics and are best for me to express to those already familiar with the suggestion of mystery.

That being said, I think this gives me some perspective on what I consider to be the "beginning" of the spiritual self, which really has nothing to do with practices or traditions, but as you say, the experience we are having. All of the things you have mentioned I see as techniques and tools, but I believe that all spirituality should be grounded in a philosophy.

Perhaps then I will start off discussing the philosophy of spirituality as an idea itself before I actually engage in to any discussion on the many topics that are considered "spiritual". This is actually a key point for me because my sense of spirituality is somewhat broad spectrum as I believe there is much that is spiritual that has absolutely nothing to do with metaphysics.

That being said, I will probably include that distinction between metaphysics or 'subtle physics' and the actual philosophy and direct experience of the divine as I believe the former can be learned and mastered but the latter may occur suddenly and spontaneously.

Good thoughts though and I shall certainly include them in my structure. It seems to me that this is going to be less of a 'guide' and more of a "lexicon" or study hall where ideas will be connected together in different ways.

(12-22-2014, 05:51 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]I started blogging about something I was infinitely excited about, the human design chart. I believed I had found a way to bring the two different archetypal systems into harmony, and bring a lot of extra information in, although I didn't say that.

I also blogged about how certain Law of One quotes had benefited my life.

Once you start blogging you will get your next idea, since I have found the energy kind of 'raises' as people read it and send energy back to you. Also, if you are a spiritual teacher the energy that you have from learning one spiritual lesson will lead you onto the next. I.e. I just blogged about Jupiter, the next blog if I chose to write it might be about my experience with a girl that surrounded my understanding of Jupiter, and the Law of One. Another one I could write is things that have improved me from the 'distortions' that I have found uncomfortable. Another thing may be of the 'revolutionary' sort of zeal that you also have expressed passion about.

If I was to read anything you wrote from what you have written, I would be interested in your experience with magickal groups, but would be concerned reading it as to it's polarity (since I have a lot of anxiety around these areas.) To be specific, since that could be taken as an insult. I would read it but if you said the 'Ipsissimus' wasn't so bad like you did on the other thread, I would be concerned about taking the teachings for that reason. Not that it is a correct or incorrect perspective. Just that I would be concerned.

(12-22-2014, 05:09 PM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]But above all, to Open Self for New Experience. Because that's what this Sphere is all about - Experience.

Agreed!

Tanner: Having actually read this thread. I have just got a computer and am excitedly darting about. I would say that you already know what you want to write. That there is a message springing up inside you and that it is different from my sort of energy, so I would have to probably invest energy to understand it! Although if we were to talk about archetypes personally so that there was no risk of infringement of free will, there might be common ground.

Aha You may find difficulty discussing things with me as it appears you have many more rules for yourself than I do.

Also, "Ipssisimus" is a word and can relate to numerous concepts. Ra is not my authority on words nor on concepts so that they identified the concept with something apparently negative doesn't really mean that word at all times is related to the words of Ra. I think Ra would agree that they do not have a monopoly on the definition of words and concepts. The whole Ra Material must be seen to be a somewhat person matter inclusive of the thoughts of the individuals involved in the channeling and their concerns in their own lives. They were the ones that used the terms, it was Don that used the word first, not Ra, and so Ra was responding to whatever concept Don had in mind attached to that word. That doesn't mean that that is the absolute definition and sole understanding of that word.

That being said, my main magical group experience is actually nothing to do with Golden Dawn or Thelema as I have never been a part of either of those groups. My roots are in Celtic druidism and nature worship more than anything else. I was part of a druidic group at one point (well I'm still technically a member, just 'inactive') and completed a couple initiations. At this point I'm not sure I have any interest in joining another group so much as starting my own, and even then I am very wary of this as there is a lot of stigma and convoluted concepts surrounding the whole concept of a spiritual or 'magical' group.

If it gives you any indication of the 'rules' I abide by, nature is my measure. I seek balance and always balance.

(12-22-2014, 08:09 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]What should be in the guide is kind of a tough question IMO... It brings up a lot of other questions for me: would it be a guide to 'awakening' or just general 'spirituality'? Isn't that the same concept (or simply awakening to spirituality)? Guides are linear, so where do you start?

I would like to share my thought process on this. Let's say it is a guide to 'awakening to spirituality'. Where exactly do you start? When I try to answer that question, I tend to refer to my own awakening process. The seed thought that began my awakening seems to be 'there is something wrong with the world'. I always wanted to help people and was really bothered how bad certain things were in the world (such world hunger, wars, etc), and to a lesser extent things such as the structure of Western society (income disparity, authority figures trying to push you not to question and to be a happy worker bee, economy based on buying goods we don't need or important goods such as clothing designed to wear out so you have to buy more).

But at this point, I no longer feel there is something 'wrong with the world' because I just see it as society working out it's collective shadow. It still pains me to see many of these problems, but I am able process the catalyst properly (for the most part). So to me, it is a bit of a dilemma to put information about 'what is wrong'/conspiracies into a beginners guide because I would consider that a temporary step. Perhaps that is still appropriate to include that into a guide as long as you broaden your perspective enough to the point where you see that all is well in the grand scheme of things.

I suppose you could be nonspecific and simply include the Tool/Timothy Leary mantra "think for yourself, question authority". That mantra actually was the primary seed which blossomed over 5+ years.

All this could just be my own starting point... Maybe some people don't even start off with finding/feeling something is wrong with the way the world works.

Beyond that very first step in the guide, I'm not sure. I kind of had this part stuck in my head, so hopefully this post will allow me think beyond that to give other suggestions.

This is actually close to my own thoughts as an opening, but I will probably abstract it slightly more at first and suggest that there is a realization that reality is greater than is currently known. This may take the form of a realization of suffering or of human potential or of the vastness of nature. In all cases there is something sparked, a curiosity and a wonder at a mystery. Sometimes that mystery is very dark, other times it is a brilliant light. I imagine each needs their own catalyst which provides them with the experience necessary to spark that fundamental 'spiritual curiosity' which is what I would call the desire to seek to the truth of nature/reality.

Unbound

Also, I guess I now have to come up with a name for this blog...
The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy Tongue

Unbound

Hmmmm, something tells me that's already taken...
Yeah it is but maybe you could think of something along those lines. Tanner's spiritual fieldguide or something like that.
(12-23-2014, 04:51 AM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Aha You may find difficulty discussing things with me as it appears you have many more rules for yourself than I do.

Also, "Ipssisimus" is a word and can relate to numerous concepts. Ra is not my authority on words nor on concepts so that they identified the concept with something apparently negative doesn't really mean that word at all times is related to the words of Ra. I think Ra would agree that they do not have a monopoly on the definition of words and concepts. The whole Ra Material must be seen to be a somewhat person matter inclusive of the thoughts of the individuals involved in the channeling and their concerns in their own lives. They were the ones that used the terms, it was Don that used the word first, not Ra, and so Ra was responding to whatever concept Don had in mind attached to that word. That doesn't mean that that is the absolute definition and sole understanding of that word.

That being said, my main magical group experience is actually nothing to do with Golden Dawn or Thelema as I have never been a part of either of those groups. My roots are in Celtic druidism and nature worship more than anything else. I was part of a druidic group at one point (well I'm still technically a member, just 'inactive') and completed a couple initiations. At this point I'm not sure I have any interest in joining another group so much as starting my own, and even then I am very wary of this as there is a lot of stigma and convoluted concepts surrounding the whole concept of a spiritual or 'magical' group.

If it gives you any indication of the 'rules' I abide by, nature is my measure. I seek balance and always balance.

Someone said about me once 'Joe has an algorithm in his brain that has calculated precisely how much you can take in.'

I have been reading the Law of One before and had the same feelings of what you describe. That that was their experience.

I have not thus far had the discipline to engage in that kind of magickal work.

Unbound

(12-24-2014, 07:27 PM)Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-23-2014, 04:51 AM)Unbound Wrote: [ -> ]Aha You may find difficulty discussing things with me as it appears you have many more rules for yourself than I do.

Someone said about me once 'Joe has an algorithm in his brain that has calculated precisely how much you can take in.'

I have been reading the Law of One before and had the same feelings of what you describe. That that was their experience.

I have not thus far had the discipline to engage in that kind of magickal work.
Aha Problem with an algorithm for people is you will never have all the factors needed for accuracy.

I practice working with energy and invocation pretty much every day and I do reiki 24/7, but it's hard to consider myself disciplined cause I really just do it impulsively and constantly aha
So you are like a cat purring constantly with your reiki? lol

Unbound

Yeah, pretty much, I'm always calling it and radiating it aha