Bring4th

Full Version: wandering around?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel like my higher self is trying to tell me to do this and i would like to share this thought with you and see what you suggest.

I feel like wanderers are "supposed" (well we're supposed to do whatever we will choose to do) to actually wander. To physically walk around amongst the people and let synchronicity and love take care of everything. To let the ones who seek answers come to us. To show by example that when we shed all fear and doubt about how to survive and love the task that we've come here to perform, we will receive all that we need to survive from what surrounds us.

Just look at Jesus, he didn't live with his mom or had a house, did he? Didn't he just walk around spreading love and people eventually started following him because they were eager to? These houses that we live in are making us isolated from each other, making us unwillingly do STS tasks (whether its doing the dishes or laundry or eating).

What is really hard though is letting go. If i was a loner and nobody cared for me i would be outside spreading love & light 24/7, but with family and friends who care and can feel fear for my life and my "supposed" future, it feels hard. I just don't want to hurt anyone.

What are your thoughts?

Love & Light!
I have found for me, it's much more important to just be, wherever I'm at. Though I am a wanderer, I haven't been wandering around in 3D space that much. I've been in my home and job for about 8 years. While I am not attached to them, per se, I have experienced structure. For me, this was important because much of past life, and interim life, was lacking in structure and I desperately needed support.

If source guides me in new directions, I will follow my intuition after evaluating and gaining guidance. So for me at least, not all wanderers wander around in geography. But for sure my meditations have taken me to a variety of different places and times.

Brittany

I don't think there's any set path wanderers are *supposed* to take, as many of us are here for many different reasons. However, I can easily see a wanderer feeling the call to well, wander. I want to travel the entire earth, but as of now I can barely afford to pay for groceries so it's going to have to wait. I'd say go with whatever resonates with you. For some wanderers, the act of raising a family and directing love to one particular area or person might be the entire reason they came here, so I wouldn't knock the living in houses, but I also wouldn't knock going cross country on foot if that's what your self says would be the best thing for you to do.
Oh, about the call to wander, I have felt that as well. Sort of a yearning, but also knowing that at the time it wasn't for me to travel. In the near future I may find myself traveling more, to different natural places. Learning to take in and appreciate all the wonderful experiences mother earth has to offer. I'm single, so I would have the flexibility to do so.

(03-11-2010, 06:14 PM)ahktu Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there's any set path wanderers are *supposed* to take, as many of us are here for many different reasons. However, I can easily see a wanderer feeling the call to well, wander. I want to travel the entire earth, but as of now I can barely afford to pay for groceries so it's going to have to wait. I'd say go with whatever resonates with you. For some wanderers, the act of raising a family and directing love to one particular area or person might be the entire reason they came here, so I wouldn't knock the living in houses, but I also wouldn't knock going cross country on foot if that's what your self says would be the best thing for you to do.
(03-11-2010, 05:51 PM)charlie2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel like my higher self is trying to tell me to do this and i would like to share this thought with you and see what you suggest.

I feel like wanderers are "supposed" (well we're supposed to do whatever we will choose to do) to actually wander. To physically walk around amongst the people and let synchronicity and love take care of everything. To let the ones who seek answers come to us. To show by example that when we shed all fear and doubt about how to survive and love the task that we've come here to perform, we will receive all that we need to survive from what surrounds us.

Just look at Jesus, he didn't live with his mom or had a house, did he? Didn't he just walk around spreading love and people eventually started following him because they were eager to? These houses that we live in are making us isolated from each other, making us unwillingly do STS tasks (whether its doing the dishes or laundry or eating).

What is really hard though is letting go. If i was a loner and nobody cared for me i would be outside spreading love & light 24/7, but with family and friends who care and can feel fear for my life and my "supposed" future, it feels hard. I just don't want to hurt anyone.

What are your thoughts?

Love & Light!

These are interesting thoughts. I don't know about all wanderers but for me - The freedom has been the highest value for me but at the same time experiencing limitation and structures and relationships is what this incarnation brings. The soul wants to experience all things including working with the constraints.

I have deep feelings about being a wandering monk type of person. That energy is very close to my heart. I got to experience it as a part of my recent pilgrimage trip to different sacred sites in India. I plan to do a lot more of that going to different sacred sites around the world. Next on the list is Egypt and Pyramids.

I think it is very easy to be loving and compassinate when you are totally free like a wondering monk. But it becomes harder and harder when you have to make choices while being responsible for a family and the loved ones. This kind of setup draws someone in a highly STS world. The world of competition for good grades, then competition for finding a job and doing whatever it takes to take care of your loved ones first. provide all comforts and worldly pleasures to them. Getting the best price on your things becomes more important than the person who is providing this price. People become objects and means to get somewhere. That hustling through the world leaves its scar. It becomes harder and harder to maintain love and compassion. You start to see others as competitiors and not fellow travelers.

The key is to find love even in those moments. Give love even when others are only giving you hate or apathy. Find love even when there are real important (so called important in this illusion) at stake. This takes love to whole another level. The intensity of love then is different. The love lost in the STS world and then found again. That is what my journey has been about.

Now I realize that you don't really have to leave everything to gain freedom. Althought it might be helpful as a short break from the world as much. I am realizing that you can be of tremendous service and have a lot of joy by just being loving wherever life takes you. If it takes you wandering then so be it...Smile

fairyfarmgirl

The most profound experiences happen to me while waiting in the check out line at the grocery store... perhaps it is because it is one of the few places I wander physically into... LOL as I am home most of the time with kids and without transportation...

The other day I was short by .32 cents and the manager instead of voiding an item simply gave me a discount of .32 cents. I blessed his HEART and everyone around him... It was a moment fraught with dismay in the beginning and discord including one of my twins climbing out of the carriage onto the conveyor belt all the while shouting at the top her lungs "I get Orangums!" (clementines for those who do not speak Toddler). She wanted those oranges and was gonna get them! I had to simultaneously pull her back into the cart and tell her sister to stop leaning over the cart, carry on a conversation with the manager and cashier and bagger who was about to throw bananas on my eggs... and contend with the other people in the line that were annoyed by this woman with these two kids and all these groceries who was .32 cents short. In the end I was blessed with a gift and to the astonishment of everyone... I blessed all their HEARTs and each smiled at me... So thus I have wandered.

fairyfarmgirl
Well said fairyfarmgirl.
We are learning to use our "Sword of Light".
I used to get REALLY angry at people like you in the line!
Now I just smile, glowing, retrieving the nesessary patience from Soul, knowing all is well.

Love & Light
Yes i've noticed that when you spread love in all daily situations it really shows, but i can't see how these macro-events of spreading love will help people to get really positively polarized. Sure, by being loving to someone who has never gotten help from anyone before, you can change their view on the world, but most people will go back to their lives as usual after you've made a little impact from your kindness. I feel like helping people a little bit in day to day stuff just won't cut it. But maybe it will?

I guess time will tell though, i can't imagine the earth being "business as usual" every single day until 2012, with people having the stability of work and houses in their lives. It has to either get really great for people to become positive, or really bad for people to start awakening and seeking answers. I wish to be here to spread love whatever happens.

Love&Light!
(03-12-2010, 08:41 AM)charlie2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i've noticed that when you spread love in all daily situations it really shows, but i can't see how these macro-events of spreading love will help people to get really positively polarized. Sure, by being loving to someone who has never gotten help from anyone before, you can change their view on the world, but most people will go back to their lives as usual after you've made a little impact from your kindness. I feel like helping people a little bit in day to day stuff just won't cut it. But maybe it will?

I guess time will tell though, i can't imagine the earth being "business as usual" every single day until 2012, with people having the stability of work and houses in their lives. It has to either get really great for people to become positive, or really bad for people to start awakening and seeking answers. I wish to be here to spread love whatever happens.

Love&Light!

I have learned that it is the little things that really count. When you smile at the grocery clerk they retain that love and pass it on to others and others pass it on to many many others. Love does not diminish like the physical things by spreading. It increases multi-fold.

The question is how do you do the big things that have big impact on people's life without interfering with their free will to change? Change is not an easy thing. People will change at their own pace. But I agree that in catastrophic situations the impulse to change is significant. And maybe that would be a big moment for the transformation.

Charlie- just be ready and listen to your own intuitions. You will be guided on what is the best role for you...If you don't have too much responsibilities then it may not be a bad idea to take the plunge and take risks. And follow your heart's desire. If you don't take risks now when will you? The people who really love you and care about you will understand your heart's desire...They will be supportive once they see that your desire is heartfelt and genuine...Let us know how it goes...Smile
(03-11-2010, 07:15 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]The most profound experiences happen to me while waiting in the check out line at the grocery store... perhaps it is because it is one of the few places I wander physically into... LOL as I am home most of the time with kids and without transportation...

fairyfarmgirl
I used to avoid it earlier but now I love being in a grocery store or other shopping places. I find a subtle exchange of love with people taking place. Most people respond immediately and are givers. That gives me a lot of hope. Under the right circumstances most people would do the right thing. I believe the grip of the STS system is so complete that normally people have no room to think about others. They are busy competing with others and struggling to just stay afloat...
I say become a 'Beacon of Light/Love'. Understand the cosmic 'Game'.

Love & Light
Like thefool said, it really is the little things that matter. You may not see it as clearly because you are continually viewing the situation from your own perspective. But try to put yourself in their head. Their mind is not as calm as yours. They have been frantically thinking and worrying themselves all day, just like we all used to do at one point.

Then, they see you, and even if they just interact with you for a moment, they will react to your presence. It's as if, amidst a sea of suffering, there is this one person who is calm, radiant, selflessly loving to all who they meet. Even if it's just a smile, a true smile that comes from the heart, it will change their thought process. There will be a tiny gap in their incessant stream of thought as they ponder the one who is close to Christ consciousness (even if they have no idea about consciousness or awakening or anything). If they are ready to start on their spiritual path, even just a smile will be a great helper for them. Guide by example. The whole Truth must be expressed by living it. It can't be cut into words to be said or actions to be done.

Remember, being of STO is just that. It's a state of being, not doing. The goal is not about doing something that, as charlie says, will "cut it". The goal is to realize that by entering a selfless state of being, the something that will "cut it" is always being done or in the process of being done. ("By not doing, everything is done." says the Tao Te Ching)

I have observed the same train of thought in regards to wandering, Charlie. I understand what you're saying and have felt the urge to just let it all go and run into the world with love. But I feel to do so would not be trusting in myself 100%. I am here and now for a reason. That reason isn't always necessarily obvious to me at the moment. I may be overlooking something. I should trust my higher self and its guidance. I completely agree with what thefool says. "The love lost in the STS world and then found again. That is what my journey has been about." Find the love in this separated, seemingly loveless society. It will be all the more powerful.

I love you all. Heart
(03-12-2010, 09:05 AM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]Charlie- just be ready and listen to your own intuitions. You will be guided on what is the best role for you...If you don't have too much responsibilities then it may not be a bad idea to take the plunge and take risks. And follow your heart's desire. If you don't take risks now when will you? The people who really love you and care about you will understand your heart's desire...They will be supportive once they see that your desire is heartfelt and genuine...Let us know how it goes...Smile
I've told my parents and closest friends a bit (or those who are willing to listen), but nothing that would inflict on their free will (at least i tried). I feel no fear for myself, only that my loved ones will be worried if i go wander off in the sunset. I'm planning to go on a longer adventure this summer so i'll keep you posted if i leave Smile

(03-12-2010, 09:12 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]I say become a 'Beacon of Light/Love'. Understand the cosmic 'Game'.

Love & Light

I have finally understood the game and i am so eager to play it instead of wasting my time at university to satisfy the people around me, but i guess things will unfold as i go along. Loving everyday i spend with these people though.

(03-12-2010, 01:39 PM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Like thefool said, it really is the little things that matter. You may not see it as clearly because you are continually viewing the situation from your own perspective. But try to put yourself in their head. Their mind is not as calm as yours. They have been frantically thinking and worrying themselves all day, just like we all used to do at one point.

Then, they see you, and even if they just interact with you for a moment, they will react to your presence. It's as if, amidst a sea of suffering, there is this one person who is calm, radiant, selflessly loving to all who they meet. Even if it's just a smile, a true smile that comes from the heart, it will change their thought process. There will be a tiny gap in their incessant stream of thought as they ponder the one who is close to Christ consciousness (even if they have no idea about consciousness or awakening or anything). If they are ready to start on their spiritual path, even just a smile will be a great helper for them. Guide by example. The whole Truth must be expressed by living it. It can't be cut into words to be said or actions to be done.

Remember, being of STO is just that. It's a state of being, not doing. The goal is not about doing something that, as charlie says, will "cut it". The goal is to realize that by entering a selfless state of being, the something that will "cut it" is always being done or in the process of being done. ("By not doing, everything is done." says the Tao Te Ching)

I have observed the same train of thought in regards to wandering, Charlie. I understand what you're saying and have felt the urge to just let it all go and run into the world with love. But I feel to do so would not be trusting in myself 100%. I am here and now for a reason. That reason isn't always necessarily obvious to me at the moment. I may be overlooking something. I should trust my higher self and its guidance. I completely agree with what thefool says. "The love lost in the STS world and then found again. That is what my journey has been about." Find the love in this separated, seemingly loveless society. It will be all the more powerful.

I love you all. Heart

Truly kind words dear friend. I've thought about this a bit and how others who did similar positive things to me when i was still asleep really helped me.

My problem is that im an impatient soul. I want to help and love people, now! BigSmile

Love & light dear ones Heart

fairyfarmgirl

I must say that while I was in the grocery line I was not the epitomy of calm and Mother Mary Energy... The multiple strains on my attention nearly made me burst into tears! The kid on the conveyor belt, the kid about to fall on her head out of the cart... the truly impatient and rude people behind me in line... the embarrassment that I was .32 cents short of $$$ in the grocery line... and then the bagger who was intent on squashing and breaking all my purchases... my children's food and mine and my husbands... Then the Grocery Clerk who was so annoyed that I would dare come into the grocery store and be POOR! How DARE I! It was very very stressful. Thankfully, the manager was a kind soul... it was I who was minstered to... and once the kids were secure in the cart and the groceries in another cart and we cleared the grocery chute... then and only then could I take a Breath! And Then and only then was I able to step back into my center and Bless all their HEARTS.

My husband who had run to the gas station to fill the car rolled in after the grocery line fiasco... From his perspective it was very funny... but there was a comedian that once said, "funny things are that which is not happening to you." :-/

I would like to think of myself as ready for ascension... but in these situations I realize I am a human being with limitations of energy time and resources.Sad.. So I do the best I can at the moment at hand and Love as much as I am able to do so.

fairyfarmgirl
(03-12-2010, 03:03 PM)fairyfarmgirl Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to think of myself as ready for ascension... but in these situations I realize I am a human being with limitations of energy time and resources.Sad.. So I do the best I can at the moment at hand and Love as much as I am able to do so.

This is what is known as catalyst dear sister Smile
Thanks for the answers dear ones. I would like to share what i experienced last night though (i like sharing). Me and my most "awake" friends went out to a bar (i didn't have a lot to drink), and discussed the future and what to do. One of my friends said he recently read a lot about hinduism and explained the life of buddha, who just walked around spreading love and meditating. I felt so much warmth and vibrations when we discussed this topic and instantly felt that this is something i need to do.

I love y'all Heart
(03-13-2010, 05:36 AM)charlie2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answers dear ones. I would like to share what i experienced last night though (i like sharing). Me and my most "awake" friends went out to a bar (i didn't have a lot to drink), and discussed the future and what to do. One of my friends said he recently read a lot about hinduism and explained the life of buddha, who just walked around spreading love and meditating. I felt so much warmth and vibrations when we discussed this topic and instantly felt that this is something i need to do.

I love y'all Heart

If you go, make sure you stop in every once-in-a-while to let us know how it's going! Tongue
(03-15-2010, 07:44 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2010, 05:36 AM)charlie2012 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the answers dear ones. I would like to share what i experienced last night though (i like sharing). Me and my most "awake" friends went out to a bar (i didn't have a lot to drink), and discussed the future and what to do. One of my friends said he recently read a lot about hinduism and explained the life of buddha, who just walked around spreading love and meditating. I felt so much warmth and vibrations when we discussed this topic and instantly felt that this is something i need to do.

I love y'all Heart

If you go, make sure you stop in every once-in-a-while to let us know how it's going! Tongue

I'm going in june so i'll be sure to keep you posted Smile
I just wanted to share a little story on some "wandering" i did today. I've felt like i've done lots of spiritual progress lately (finally got the meditation right and found out a bit about my previous incarnation) and understood a whole deal about how it all works, how you define your reality by first showing intention for what you wish and then simply "letting go". I wanted to see how well my intentions and manifestations work, and put some of my new found truths of life into practical use. Smile

So, me and a friend (who lives in another city) were supposed to go meet another friend in a town about 400 miles from where i live. At first we were supposed to go by car, but we couldn't use that car, so we said we'd go by train. He took the train from his city and i said i was either going to take the train or find a ride. In a meditation session i came to the conclusion that i was supposed to try to walk there and let faith take care of the rest, i was going to be offered a ride by someone on the way there. So today i started walking. I was so happy and spreading light all around, talking to strangers on my way and smiling at all the people in cars passing me by. However, i couldn't use the freeway that would have taken me in the correct direction so i felt i would walk along a path that was meant for pedestrians and bicyclists which was a separate "road" paralel to the highway about 2-5 metres from the road.

As i was walking i came to many conclusions and revelations with my right side of the brain (lately i've felt like i've started "feeling" the difference, if one could describe it that way), while the left one was trying to get logical and give up and look at a map or take a train or something. But my faith in getting where i was supposed to was far greater. One of my "revelations" was this:

I remembered seeing a woman walking with a huge backpack, a gymbag AND a skibag as i was walking home with my girlfriend two days before this. I said to my girlfriend that it was a shame that we were only 20 metres from the door to our house (an apartment building) while she was walking behind us, because otherwise i would have offered my help with all those bags. As we opened the door and went inside, we noticed that she had the same destination as us, so i helped her with the door, told her that i would've helped her with the bags if i knew she was going to the same place and gave her the elevator and said we'd take the stairs, she was a very kind and thankful person. I applied this to my wandering, as people driving by would have stopped and helped me if they knew where i was going, but since i was not on the highway (and had no idea where i was going), they thought i was fine with my packing (a huge airmatress on my back (which wasn't even for me!) and a heavy suitcase). I didn't feel like asking for help, i wanted to see if the universe would help out without me asking others for help, only by keeping my light shining and my vibrations high.

So i kept on walking for 4 hours and really enjoying it. Moments of small doubt but mostly positive thoughts and keeping the brain chatter down. I reached a small town and didn't know how to proceed from here, since i had only 4 hours left before midnight (when i intended to arrive), couldn't get to the freeway and had only walked about 15 miles. It was also getting dark. I then saw a sign that said "guidance" so i thought, yes i would very much like that. I followed it, sat down on a bus stop bench and thought about the situation for a while. At first i thought about getting a taxi or calling someone, felt a little lost. I tried putting the airmatress on my back again but the carrying strap broke. I then thought, "i'll sit here and enjoy this moment and a solution will present itself". A bus pulled up which went to where i live, but i thought "naah, money is always a temporary solution but not what i want to use, another one will present itself". When it drove away i noticed a girl that had been behind it whose car was stuck in the snow. She was unable to get away so i walked across the street and offered my help. It was really stuck so it took a few minutes but we finally got it out, and i asked her if she was headed in the direction i was headed in, and sadly she was not. She was going to where i live, so i thanked her and went along back to where i live since i felt this was right. As i came to my front door, the same woman that i saw two days earlier was leaving with all of her bags again (she was only visiting). I said "hi again!", had a little conversation and kept the door open for her as she came out, and she kept it open for me as i went inside. She was checking that i came inside safely and then said "maybe you'll make it on your own now!". She meant it in another way but i took these words very close to my heart.

Even though i didn't make it to the other town tonight, i felt blessed for the lesson i learnt. Before this i knew that only when you place all of your faith in that things will turn out fine, they will. Putting it into use in the physical world was a blessing though, i started feeling so much more alive. I'm a bit lazy though, so tomorrow morning i'll go by train, Tongue but i feel so thankful for being in this experience and getting to learn all these lost parts of myself.

Another thing i would like to mention that i believe i understood the last few days is the 11:11 phenomena and all of the "signs" that life tries to show you (like a car i saw today with the license LYS-123, which is swedish and means SHINE-123). I used to think that they always mean something specific, something shall we say almost "tangible" and definable. What i think now though, is that it is supposed to mean exactly what you think it means. What it means to you. That is what all of life's lessons are about. Smile

Love & Light to you all!
Wow, by letting go, you got it! It's amazing how many opportunities the loved earth presented you when you loved it first.

I'm glad you had fun, C. Looking forward to more wanderer stories! haha
Charlie- Here this might inspire you. I was reading it on the internet and thought of you...

Adventurer leaves NY career to walk across US

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100527/ap_o...e_big_walk

enjoy Heart