Bring4th

Full Version: There and Back Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone. I was thinking about being mysterious and seeing if anyone would recognize me, but honest openness seems the better route. I was once on this forum as Ahktu/Brittany. Since my departure, so much has changed within and around me that I would not feel it appropriate to simply raise up that old profile, even if the option were available. I would like to try to present myself from a new perspective, to share a level of myself which was previously hidden beneath many layers of imbalance and uncertainty.

In my nearly 30 years of life, I’ve tried on many spiritual paths. While Christianity, the faith I was raised in, was incredibly hard to break away from, the process seems to have become easier with each experiment in faith. I’ve toured through Wicca, Buddhism and what I would consider to be more general New Age concepts, usually growing dissatisfied and moving on within a year or so. My study of the more structured Western esoteric systems has made a deeper impression, providing the soil for my current personal philosophy, though even these boundaries I have pushed to their limits. In time I have come to see my beliefs as a fluid stream, and given up trying to contain them within any given set of parameters, though each previous set still exists within me in some way.

When I first found the Ra Material, I was dwelling in a well of deep self-hatred. Several years prior I had been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, and then Schizoeffective Disorder, and battling the effects of chronic depression, ongoing psychotic symptoms and medications that provided more harm than help had taken its toll on my ability to see life as a pleasant thing. My erratic behavior had lost me many friends, strained my relationship with my family to its breaking point and ended two serious romantic relationships. I was more than aware of what was being said about me behind my back and I felt wrong, broken, disgusted at myself for being such a freak. My thoughts were bent on suicide and it was only the love of my new boyfriend (who later became my husband) that kept me from taking my life.

To be honest, when I first found it the Ra Material was just a nice distraction. All the talk of aliens and wanderers and densities was exciting, and the thought that some wonderful new world might appear in 2012 was enough to keep myself going. Allowing myself to identify with being an extraterrestrial helped to ease the pain of my human flaws. The idea of psychic attack was also something of a relief, as odd as it might sound, because it allowed me to see my psychosis as something meaningful. Suddenly I wasn’t an effed up human, I was a righteous angelic being being attacked by demons! It was a grand escape, and the actual meat of the material, the real philosophy, was completely lost upon me.

2012 came and went, and no magical aliens descended to take our problems away. After spending several years dedicating myself to serving others, I looked around and realized I was still incredibly unhappy. The self-hatred was still there, and if anything it was getting worse. The world seemed to be going to crap, with so much suffering welling up around humanity, and I felt like no matter what I did, no matter how loving I was, it would never be enough. I spent hours internally criticizing myself for not doing more, for not giving more of myself in service. It seemed like in the end I always wound up being selfish and I stewed in the fear of not making harvest and having to live ANOTHER life of confusion and pain.

I also saw this pain mirrored in many others around me, and seeds of confusion took root in my mind. If this was the positive path, why did those following it seem to bear an especially heavy load of suffering? I understood the “brothers and sisters of sorrow” metaphor to a degree, but honestly, was it really supposed to be THIS bad? I had developed the picture in my mind that reaching positive fourth density equaled a life of perpetual self-sacrifice and misery, all to gain something better in the afterlife, and it struck me...how different was this thinking from the heaven/hell paradigm I’d been raised with? I realized something was very wrong.

Anyone who knew me under my previous profile will remember that I’ve always had an interest in “dark” topics. Even as a child I was fascinated by concepts most adults found morbid and disturbing, and to be honest, my favorite parts of the Ra Material were the parts about Orion and the negative empire. I didn’t support the idea of attacking others or enslaving worlds, but the notion of this empire in itself was incredibly interesting to me. So little was said by Ra on these topics, leaving me plenty of room to imagine a world of dark intrigue. This eventually led to the development of a sort of alter ego- a past self I imagined as having come from Orion, which became a repository for any negative behavior I saw within myself. In time I became so wrapped up in this created identity that the “two of us” became inexorably entwined.

As my absolute faith in the positive path began to wane, I slowly found myself more and more drawn to its opposite. I began digging up books that dispensed negative philosophy from its own perspective, tired of mere speculation and wanting to educate myself in what the process of negative polarization actually involved. A lot of what I found was complete garbage, but I did eventually come into literature that possessed what I would consider to be a relatively clear picture of negative practice. I also searched forums for individuals who seemed to display the traits of a genuine dark adept and made some contacts who were able to provide me with better, more in depth information. At that point things began to snowball.

While I’d told myself I was only doing research for my writing and to generally educate myself, it was only a matter of months before the philosophy I was reading began to make sense to me, and I began to want more. I teetered on the edge for a long while, afraid of what I might find in that pit of blackness, until something within me reached critical mass and I simply jumped. I realized I would not be satisfied until I experienced what this path truly had to offer, and in order to do that I would have to release all ties to my positive life. It was something of a great internal relief, to finally allow myself permission to pursue the path that had so long intrigued me with no restraints.

While I do not think it would be beneficial for me to simply vomit all of the dark philosophy I picked up into this post, I will say that I had a relatively easy time adapting to it. It was like sliding into an old, comfortable pair of sneakers; like being pulled forward by a magnet, each step becoming easier. For the first time in years I allowed myself to feel all the powerful negative emotions I’d suppressed in my attempt to be a “good person.” Rage erupted from my being, hot, raw and euphoric. It flowed through my veins like fire and the sheer power it brought filled me with ecstasy. I’d never realized how much hate was inside of me until I let it all come out, and it felt so good to just be honest about it- to not have to trick myself into thinking that I liked other people and the world I lived in.

The joy the pursuit of this path brought me was so great that I decided to dedicate myself to it further by joining a black magical order. The interview process to get in was lengthy and the fact that I made it in at all reassured me that this was where I belonged. I willingly placed myself in an environment where I knew my wellbeing was not at the top of anyone’s priorities, and found the lack of pretense refreshing. There was no coddling, no desperate attempt to maintain harmony amongst a diverse group of people and, surprisingly, no bickering about minor points of opinion. Rules were established up front, and if you broke them you were out. Otherwise, it was up to you to make the connections you needed to rise in rank. The information was provided, but no one was going to hold your hand while you figured it out, and if you failed it was your own fault and nobody cared.

For probably the first time in my life, I was experiencing what it felt like to be entirely responsible for myself. Everything I was, for better or worse, was entirely my own responsibility. In the new philosophy I had accepted, I had no guides to ask for help, no demons to blame my woes on and no past lives to excuse present behaviors. There was me and only me, and only my ability to be honest with myself and succeed in changing myself for the better would get me any recognition. I greatly wanted to advance, so I at last found the motivation to look at myself outside of the science fiction perspective.

I will not lie, while the initial release was extremely pleasurable, the work that came after it was one of the most painful things I’ve done in my life. ALL the skeletons had to come out of the closet. My most forbidden, hidden shame, my most painful secrets...nothing could be left as it was, and to top it all off I had to find a way to articulate my inner process to the priesthood so that they could judge my understanding of the concepts I’d been given. I died so many times during the year I spent in that place, large chunks of my personality obliterated as I recognized them as mere coping mechanisms and societal imprints. Nearly everything I’d held sacred was cast upon the floor, replaced with a cold, black abyss containing great wisdom but not an ounce of mercy.

In spite of the difficulty, I found myself excelling at the process, impressing many of the higher ups to the point where my advancement seemed certain. Day by day I was changing myself from the inside out. I felt more confident, more in control of my life experience, and more in love with myself. To be able to look in the mirror and not feel a sense of loathing...it is one of the moments in my life I hold most sacred.

There came a point, however, and I’m not sure exactly when it was, when I realized that, by holding myself above all else, I was coming to hate everything not a part of me. Though I felt great personal power, the world around me had become a very dark place, not enjoyable at all unless I was expending the energy to manipulate it in specific ways. This was simply not something I found pleasing or appropriate, and with dread I realized that I was likely coming to the end of yet another set of beliefs. The more I successfully utilized the Left Hand approach to self-honesty, the more I ironically realized I was not where I belonged. I’d had my fun but I was rapidly running out of hatred and the love I’d once had such a hard time feeling was now threatening to burst out at the seams.

Not eager to upend my entire belief system yet again, I attempted to persevere. I took my ethical constraints to their very limits, participating in black rituals, learning how to manipulate others and fell my enemies, yet in the end I simply could not curse another human being without feeling awful about it. While I’d entertained the occasional primal urge for violence, the true desire to harm another living being was simply nonexistent within me, and just as I could not force myself to feel love while pursuing the positive path, I could not force malevolent intent while pursuing the negative. Empathy and kindness are a part of who I am, through and through. I’d hit a wall I simply could not get past.

In my final days in the order I had a conversation with a priestess in which she berated me for telling one of my friends about some of the spiritual work I’d been doing. I wasn’t supposed to talk about my work with *outsiders*. In that moment it was like a rubber band snapped within me. My ability to fool myself into thinking I had any place with those people crumbled in an instant and suddenly I couldn’t get far enough away. I dropped out and ran like hell.

The best way I can describe the feeling was that all of the negative energy I’d built up immediately reversed in polarity and was added to all pervious positive energy I’d possessed to begin with, slingshotting me farther down the path than I’d ever been before. It was becoming an entirely different person in an instant, and the influx of understanding that came in this moment was so huge that I spent a few days just being in awe of what had happened.

Though the end results felt very magical and enlightening, I can’t say I did anything other than learn a particularly challenging lesson in what was probably the most roundabout way possible. I feel wiser and more balanced, and certainly more respectful of my Self and its ongoing quest to evolve, yet there is also much work left to be done. I honestly don’t think I could have learned this particular set of lessons any other way, as if I planned ahead of time to take the most difficult path to one of the simplest answers- Love.

I have faced my shadow in a most literal way. The work I feel called to now is to try to help those interested understand the nature of the darkness within themselves without having to go through all the pain and confusion I encountered (though I had a lot of fun, too). I want to create a perspective of darkness not as the presence of evil, but simply the absence of awareness- that which has yet to be seen, so that it will cease to be a fearful thing that people hide from, allowing a greater understanding of the Self and its connection to the world. I feel I was attempting to do this with the Adam channelings I put out several years ago, but at the time I had yet to even grasp the lesson I was learning. Perhaps now I may extrapolate on the topic in a more balanced fashion, and hopefully learn more as well.

If there one lesson that I have learned above all else, it is that I am but a fool stumbling in the dark. The difference now is that I am not ashamed to be such, for the Fool is the essence of faith and the potential to continue growing.

This is hardly a complete description of my past year’s experience and the lessons it brought forth, but I don’t want to make a book of this post. I plan to eventually make some more specific posts on how I feel the above experience ties in with specific parts of the Ra Material, since this is a forum about that material, and since I feel there are some good nuggets of truth in there.

Peace.
I am so happy you found yourself and you have come to interact with us once again. Despite the darkness of your path, I see many parallels to my own path of finding myself.
Welcome [back] Yera! Very interesting read and, as always, well expressed.

It seems to me like you needed to explore these aspects of yourself before you could truly develop self-honesty, and it's very cool to see that you did so without much in the way of reservation. Reminds me of something I heard today, which touches on the work of the Fool as you mentioned: "See the cliff, jump off it."

It makes me glad to see people who are willing and able to face their shadows and learn from the experience, rather than refusing to acknowledge that side of themselves.
Hello Yera,

First of all Thank You for Sharing - it was very interesting to read about your experiences. Your way to Self-acceptance is a Great example, that even if One will fall very deep into dark path, it is always a matter of One's choice to define Self in every moment of One's life. There's no "definitive" actions that One could take, that might prejudge One's existence and it's value. In fact, the "value" it-self is an extremely relative term/way-of-thinking, that is never constant and always refers to everchanging, inner reality. Service-to-Self and Service-to-Others are variations of the very same, fundamental building block of all existences - Love.

I think that your experiences also shows, that neither You, nor anyone else can actual "prevent" Other-Self from taking path which You've traveled. It was necessary for You to experience all that, and it may be in fact a disservice to try to prevent Other-Selves form pursuing such path, when They feel They need/want/desire to undergo such experience.

Regarding Ra Materials and your experiences, while I was reading your post, I've thought of what Ra said about sixth density, negative Beings. At some point of progressing through sixth density, negatively oriented Beings realize at unimaginable for us level/depth, that All is in fact One and the process of polarization shift takes place. As I understood, this "realization" is in fact form of an experience that I have no way of understanding, not to mention of describing it.
Since sixth density is the density where both polarizations meets together at point of Oneness, the process itself was always a fascinating concept for me. Each polarization possess very real charge - to change polarization, is to perform an extraordinary Work. I was always wondering how such event can take place. It is my opinion, that negative, sixth density Being undergo this "shift" within the third-density framework.

I thought about all above in context of your experience, when I've read you Words:

Quote:(...)
It was like sliding into an old, comfortable pair of sneakers.
(...)

It was almost as if You have "found" your "old Self", explore it to the fullest, which allowed You to Open Self for deeper understanding and feelings, that resided within You all that time - they were always there. But for You, to be able to reach them, You had to go through all that what You've experienced.

It is my opinion, that it required a Great deal of Courage on your part and extraordinary Honesty with Self, to find your Self and recognize "It", for what "It" really is.

Ending my comment I would like to emphasize, that all I have wrote is my own association - not "description of a reality". This is only my opinion and should be treated as such.

All I have Best in me for You
Yera, you write beautifully. I wonder if you've thought about using that beautiful blue light to give expression to the truths you've discovered for a broader audience?
And, welcome back to the Path of What Is!
Yera!!! So glad to see you back! I was just reading through older forums posts this afternoon and came upon two of yours that were lengthy that I read through, and I closed my browser to leave for work at probably the same time you made this post, so I definitely felt you here!

Welcome back. I'm very glad you had fun! I hope, if necessary, we can assist in healing whatever remaining traumas you have from your experiences. I also hope that you write an autobiography some day with all your wisdom to reflect back on your "insanity", to help others who deal with the same thoughts/issues that you have, and for those of us who have rather vanilla experiences by comparison to use vicariously. Wink Thanks so much for your service!!!!
Nice Yera.
Is it not wonderful that our experiences allow us to learn to appreciate.
It's like from your description that you knew you were in the right place but somehow
following the 'wrong' plot.
(12-18-2014, 10:43 PM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]Yera, you write beautifully. I wonder if you've thought about using that beautiful blue light to give expression to the truths you've discovered for a broader audience?
And, welcome back to the Path of What Is!

+1
Feel free to correct this if you feel it's inaccurate, but another lesson I am taking away from your experience is that, with the yellow chakra being positioned below the green one, it is very hard to find love for others if we don't have any kindness or acceptance for ourselves. By serving self you made a statement to yourself that you are worth serving, and that let you get beyond the yellow blockage and reach the heart.
(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. I was thinking about being mysterious and seeing if anyone would recognize me, but honest openness seems the better route. I was once on this forum as Ahktu/Brittany.

Welcome back. I always enjoyed your intelligent posts. Smile

(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]I also saw this pain mirrored in many others around me, and seeds of confusion took root in my mind. If this was the positive path, why did those following it seem to bear an especially heavy load of suffering? I understood the “brothers and sisters of sorrow” metaphor to a degree, but honestly, was it really supposed to be THIS bad?

I struggle with this at times. I have a working theory: If I can transform myself within some human condition of suffering, I can help others to do so (energetically). At least, that is the rationalization I formed to cope with nonsensical pain.

(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]There was no coddling, no desperate attempt to maintain harmony amongst a diverse group of people and, surprisingly, no bickering about minor points of opinion. Rules were established up front, and if you broke them you were out. Otherwise, it was up to you to make the connections you needed to rise in rank. The information was provided, but no one was going to hold your hand while you figured it out, and if you failed it was your own fault and nobody cared.

For probably the first time in my life, I was experiencing what it felt like to be entirely responsible for myself. Everything I was, for better or worse, was entirely my own responsibility. In the new philosophy I had accepted, I had no guides to ask for help, no demons to blame my woes on and no past lives to excuse present behaviors. There was me and only me, and only my ability to be honest with myself and succeed in changing myself for the better would get me any recognition. I greatly wanted to advance, so I at last found the motivation to look at myself outside of the science fiction perspective.

What an awesome soil in which to recognize the shadows and take responsibility for your entire being.

(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]I died so many times during the year I spent in that place, large chunks of my personality obliterated as I recognized them as mere coping mechanisms and societal imprints. Nearly everything I’d held sacred was cast upon the floor, replaced with a cold, black abyss containing great wisdom but not an ounce of mercy.

Again—awesome.

(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]There came a point, however, and I’m not sure exactly when it was, when I realized that, by holding myself above all else, I was coming to hate everything not a part of me. Though I felt great personal power, the world around me had become a very dark place, not enjoyable at all unless I was expending the energy to manipulate it in specific ways.

...and just as I could not force myself to feel love while pursuing the positive path, I could not force malevolent intent while pursuing the negative...

The balance tipped the other way, in my opinion. By facing your own self-hatred in such an honest way, purging your own pain, and shedding light on your shadow side, you accomplished a truly transformative thing. It's very inspiring. Many people go through their whole lives never opening the door to their inner demons and shadows. It takes courage.

Unbound

I'm glad this time you came out of the darkness yourself and I didn't have to drag you kicking and screaming. Smile
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!

honesty is beautiful. communion is beautiful

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Smile
(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]2012 came and went, and no magical aliens descended to take our problems away. After spending several years dedicating myself to serving others, I looked around and realized I was still incredibly unhappy. The self-hatred was still there, and if anything it was getting worse. The world seemed to be going to crap, with so much suffering welling up around humanity, and I felt like no matter what I did, no matter how loving I was, it would never be enough. I spent hours internally criticizing myself for not doing more, for not giving more of myself in service. It seemed like in the end I always wound up being selfish and I stewed in the fear of not making harvest and having to live ANOTHER life of confusion and pain.

I also saw this pain mirrored in many others around me, and seeds of confusion took root in my mind. If this was the positive path, why did those following it seem to bear an especially heavy load of suffering? I understood the “brothers and sisters of sorrow” metaphor to a degree, but honestly, was it really supposed to be THIS bad? I had developed the picture in my mind that reaching positive fourth density equaled a life of perpetual self-sacrifice and misery, all to gain something better in the afterlife, and it struck me...how different was this thinking from the heaven/hell paradigm I’d been raised with?
This seems to be where I am currently and I don't know what to do. I feel like this is all just one big act. Maybe I am selfish and am not giving enough of myself or performing enough of a service. Maybe I deserve it or this is how things should be. Maybe I'm just acting like a spoilt and ungrateful child. I'm stuck it seems. If it's not too personal of a question, how is your life now? Do you enjoy it?
I would like to answer you because I was pretty messed over anticipating something suddenly happening December 2012. I realized much too late that I was extremely heavily reliant on that event to fix everything in the world and my life. I was completely relying on that event to make me happy.

As Yera stated, the date came and went, and I was left in an extremely bad place. This is when I really had my second major awakening. I realized I had to want to live for me and nothing and noone else; only then would I be in the place to serve others. How I got there... I can't really put into words but I'm definitely here. All I can say is I had a bunch of skeletons in my closet that I thought was already completely cleared out.
So it's a matter of facing yourself in your entirety?

tsh

I admire your strength, to be able to switch polarity to the extent you have described requires alot of energy. you are trully a light for the rest of us, who are new into this, and have decided to take a path of love in the service of the one Infinite Creator.
I have read through your post, not getting lost in between, like i do with most of the lengthy posts. i admire your eloquence, you write so well, easy to read and making your point clear.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us Yera.
Heart Thank you.
(12-20-2014, 02:07 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]So it's a matter of facing yourself in your entirety?

I suppose so... I had read the phrase 'you need to face yourself' many times before 2012 and it made sense. Yet when I think of the work that was done, that phrase seems to only be a shadow of what I went through. That seems to be a good description... I just can't think of any more meaningful way to describe it; I apologize.
Honestly, I didn't read but I don't think I need too. I'm glad you've come back, Lynn. Just remember, from the womb to the tomb, you are loved.
(12-20-2014, 01:16 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2014, 06:09 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]2012 came and went, and no magical aliens descended to take our problems away. After spending several years dedicating myself to serving others, I looked around and realized I was still incredibly unhappy. The self-hatred was still there, and if anything it was getting worse. The world seemed to be going to crap, with so much suffering welling up around humanity, and I felt like no matter what I did, no matter how loving I was, it would never be enough. I spent hours internally criticizing myself for not doing more, for not giving more of myself in service. It seemed like in the end I always wound up being selfish and I stewed in the fear of not making harvest and having to live ANOTHER life of confusion and pain.

I also saw this pain mirrored in many others around me, and seeds of confusion took root in my mind. If this was the positive path, why did those following it seem to bear an especially heavy load of suffering? I understood the “brothers and sisters of sorrow” metaphor to a degree, but honestly, was it really supposed to be THIS bad? I had developed the picture in my mind that reaching positive fourth density equaled a life of perpetual self-sacrifice and misery, all to gain something better in the afterlife, and it struck me...how different was this thinking from the heaven/hell paradigm I’d been raised with?
This seems to be where I am currently and I don't know what to do. I feel like this is all just one big act. Maybe I am selfish and am not giving enough of myself or performing enough of a service. Maybe I deserve it or this is how things should be. Maybe I'm just acting like a spoilt and ungrateful child. I'm stuck it seems. If it's not too personal of a question, how is your life now? Do you enjoy it?

Hello Dear Folk-love,

Even though your question wasn't directed at/to me, I would like to write couple thoughts on that matter.

So many People is taking Ra Words to literally. We should keep in Minds, that "The Law of One" is a multidimensional knowledge codified within Our, three-dimensional Words/Labels/Categories.
While above sounds simply weird (if not crazy), the most important are implications of this understanding. RA is/are not telling Us "how" We should live, what choices We should make or even what is "right". No, He/They is/are telling Us why We are, We are living, choosing, defining what is "right" and "wrong" for Our-Selves.

This is far more profound information and it respects Our Free Will.

Beings polarized toward Service to Others pole, are not in "better team", than Service to Self polarized Beings. We are not in the "Light Team" and there's no "Dark Team" either. In fact, concerning Self with this in such categories, is same as duality of Heaven/Hell, as Yera wrote.

When We are using such labels as "Service to Others" and "Service to Self" polarizations, We are looking at Our existences in this reality in huge scale. It almost like looking at a map of an entire country - that way We're not really in it.
Day to day, hour to hour, minute to minute, second to second. To experience Creation and Creator((s) - as We understand it).
Couple days ago I was walking out of a market and I've passed Other-Self in very bad shape and I've found something within my Self. It was a feeling - not invasive - it was only saying "pay attention". When I've passed this Being, I've turned and I saw that He was looking to the trash can next to market entrance. I've stopped and turn around, not to stare. I took an equivalent of 2 dollars and I've approached this Being. I've said: "Excuse me Sir, please do not take it the wrong way, but I think that this will be far more useful to You, than to me". I've reached top open hand with the money to Him. He took it, shook my hand thanking me, and wishing me Merry Christmas. I've done the same. I've treated Him normally and that alone might be more precious thing than the material one.
What I'm getting at is, that it was a moment, spontaneous interaction based on something beyond this reality and its causality. I do not do that often. But that day, I felt I should make a conscious choice. To see clearly this Being and His situation, and than to choose consciously whether to Serve Him in any way or not. Moment to Moment - without such perspective I would miss this Being and not to have an occasion to Choose.

It is a paradox. We are living within three-dimensional reality, where two-pole/duality understanding and causality exists. Its even required to survive Here. But it is a Quality of Every living Being to reach beyond it. With current limitations, the only way We can have an access to (just a label->) "multidimensional data", is through Our Feelings. When used randomly, it's called an Intuition. It is very hard, but I think that when One will observe closely "flow of emotions" and try to track them, to let them unroll within their own pace, it's possible to understand Them better and to be better guided by Them.

All I have Best in me for You
I am just about ready to scrap all of my beliefs in regards to what I think is true, good and right and start fresh. Where has it gotten me? What's a life lived without joy and beauty? I am willing to do just about anything at this point. Like Yera said, I am waiting for something or someone to come and save me. I am pretty much just waiting to die in a sense. I'm all for growing as a result of suffering but within reason. There has to be another way. I just need to find a clearly defined path and perhaps even a teacher. I need a miracle of sorts.
Folk-Love, I am much happier now that I have learned to love and respect the Self I am. It's much easier to focus on external works when you're not bogged down with self-hatred, and often what seemed huge challenges before become simple when the right perspective is adopted.

Happiness is not something that lies outside of yourself. If you feel your happiness is connected to a certain event or outcome, then you've simply misplaced were your desires truly lie. It took me a long time to figure out that I had no idea what I really wanted, and even longer to find out what I actually DID want. It has nothing to do with where I am or where I plan to go when this body expires. It is the ability to appreciate the experience I receive, and to see the artistry is whatever moment I'm in.

At times, I still feel great pain, anger, loneliness, frustration...genuine inner happiness does not take away these emotions, but they do take on their own sort of beauty, like appreciating a good blues tune or a poignant sad movie. Each of my emotional expressions is an art form, and the more I practice my art, the more refined it becomes. Even the expression of negative emotions can be quite inspiring when conscious thought is given to HOW they are expressed.

What I've concluded to be a main hang up for many positively minded individuals (myself at least) is an inability to truly allow themselves to FEEL their experience, to truly explore all that is within them, in fear that they may cause harm, either in a literal sense or by simply taking away time from serving. Darkness is not a thing allotted to one polarity alone, however. We all have it inside of us, and it was never meant to be stuffed away. With true self-understanding automatically comes a better ability to understand others and the universe we all live in. To know your Self is the greatest service you can offer to others, and ultimately it makes the outward acts of serving much easier. I've long said that *trying* to polarize is much less effective than trying to understand, for with understanding polarization becomes more of a natural process one hardly has to think about.
How do I understand? Is it a lack of knowledge and study? I've got a regular meditation practise going but I feel there is another component missing. Or perhaps I'm just impatient. Is it a matter of doing shadow work or some type of self inquiry?

I try to surrender to each and every moment and keep the faith but I still feel like I am doing something wrong. I would love to be able to appreciate every moment and truly see and feel the beauty in all my emotions, feelings and thoughts. That does sound most wonderful indeed BigSmile. I dunno, I was chilling with my grandparents and I feel a little better now but still.

As for the question of what I want, it's a pretty simple answer. A life of peace, beauty, appreciation, aliveness, harmony etc. The joy of being. To be able to confidently say, regardless of circumstance, "it feels good to be alive". I'm not sure what form that will express itself, but that is secondary I suppose. Maybe that answer isn't good enough and perhaps a bit shallow. I like to think of it as a lake. Regardless of whats happening on the surface, if you are aware and conscious of the deep stillness underneath, you can use that awareness to appreciate and see the beauty in all circumstance, feeling, emotions etc.

I'm not exactly sure what it is that I'm doing, or not doing, that is preventing me from having that awareness and understanding. How do I fully explore myself? I feel like I'm ready to hear practically anything about myself without falling apart. I feel like I'm ready to have parts of my personality shattered beyond repair. Some ego deaths may be just what the doctor ordered. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. I'm a man, I can take it heh. 99% practise and 1% theory, or so I read.
One of the most awesome Wanderer Stories I have read so far!

I love it when people unzip their chest and expose fragments of bone from their rib closet (sorry for the dark metaphors but I felt an invitation haha).

So this priestess decided to dress you down on what you could or couldn't express? What a catalyst!

It poignantly reminds me of a film I just watched, titled "The Giver"

Not the greatest sci fi flick I have seen but the allegorical messages I picked up in it have been somewhat reflected by yourself here.

Big hugs Yera Heart
(12-21-2014, 10:43 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]As for the question of what I want, it's a pretty simple answer. A life of peace, beauty, appreciation, aliveness, harmony etc. The joy of being. To be able to confidently say, regardless of circumstance, "it feels good to be alive". I'm not sure what form that will express itself, but that is secondary I suppose. Maybe that answer isn't good enough and perhaps a bit shallow. I like to think of it as a lake. Regardless of whats happening on the surface, if you are aware and conscious of the deep stillness underneath, you can use that awareness to appreciate and see the beauty in all circumstance, feeling, emotions etc.

First, get rid of that part I put in bold. The first thing you have to do is catch every negative thought you have about yourself. Develop a zero tolerance for allowing self-deprecation to slip through the cracks. Don't feel guilty for having the thoughts, but be very aware of what you are thinking about yourself and why. Often we criticize ourselves without even realizing it. I, for example, realized I often tried to play down compliments people gave me, and made a commitment to just saying "thank you" instead. In time, it really helped to improve my appreciation of the things people were complimenting.

Secondly, catch every negative thought you have about the world in the same way. Don't try to suppress it, just notice it when it comes. Understand which precise stimuli cause you pain, anger, discomfort, etc. Let yourself feel the pain without guilt. You're doing absolutely nothing wrong in doing so. It is a part of you that seeks acknowledgement as much as any other. I've often personified my shadow traits into an entirely different being I imagine talking to. I imagine her wanting attention and doing all sorts of things to get me to notice her, and it makes me feel more compassion on myself than I would otherwise.

Once you are fully aware of your internal dialogue it is not about forcing different thoughts and feelings, but in seeking out new perspectives to frame them with. I've often described it as stepping outside of myself and seeing the situation from a different angle. It's more about doing maintenance to an already adequate system than it's about creating an entirely new machine. Know your capabilities and your talents as much as your flaws and put them to use. Consciously use your positive traits as tools to repair the inner machine.

I am an artist, so a lot of the above process came out in my artwork. If I was feeling bad, I would move into an artistic perspective of what I was feeling and create something beautiful. Seeing the finished product would improve my feelings all around. In many ways it is like playing a game with yourself. Even the bad parts can be fun if you're aware that a game is going on. You might freak out if you randomly got hit with a paintball, but if you understood you were in the middle of a paintball game it would just be part of the enjoyment.

It takes time to really make this process work, and a lot of exploration. The more perspectives you study, the more inner resources you have access to, so study everything. You likely won't find your problems vanishing over night, and sometimes with more awareness they can even seem worse, but applied over time you may well find that you have less and less sad days, and that things that once bothered you are now just part of earth's game.
(12-21-2014, 10:43 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]How do I understand? Is it a lack of knowledge and study? I've got a regular meditation practise going but I feel there is another component missing. Or perhaps I'm just impatient. Is it a matter of doing shadow work or some type of self inquiry?

I try to surrender to each and every moment and keep the faith but I still feel like I am doing something wrong. I would love to be able to appreciate every moment and truly see and feel the beauty in all my emotions, feelings and thoughts. That does sound most wonderful indeed BigSmile. I dunno, I was chilling with my grandparents and I feel a little better now but still.

As for the question of what I want, it's a pretty simple answer. A life of peace, beauty, appreciation, aliveness, harmony etc. The joy of being. To be able to confidently say, regardless of circumstance, "it feels good to be alive". I'm not sure what form that will express itself, but that is secondary I suppose. Maybe that answer isn't good enough and perhaps a bit shallow. I like to think of it as a lake. Regardless of whats happening on the surface, if you are aware and conscious of the deep stillness underneath, you can use that awareness to appreciate and see the beauty in all circumstance, feeling, emotions etc.

I'm not exactly sure what it is that I'm doing, or not doing, that is preventing me from having that awareness and understanding. How do I fully explore myself? I feel like I'm ready to hear practically anything about myself without falling apart. I feel like I'm ready to have parts of my personality shattered beyond repair. Some ego deaths may be just what the doctor ordered. Perhaps that is wishful thinking. I'm a man, I can take it heh. 99% practise and 1% theory, or so I read.

Folk-love, I have an honest question - what things do make you happy? Is there anything you enjoy about being "here"? Sounds like your grandparents may be one thing that brings you joy... what things do you find beautiful or irresistable? Is there a food that brings you joy? Certain music? Admiring the beauty of Earth in its pristine condition? Animals? Learning about ourselves includes learning the things that we love and give us joy. Society/advertising spends so much time conditioning us to believe that certain things are what will make us happy - but what makes us happy is truly a unique experience. I find focusing on the things that bring me joy and happiness and refusing to dwell on things that make me sad or fearful is worth the effort.

Quote:Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.

I think you could also learn a lot from Yera's lesson of self-love. If we don't find love and value in ourselves, it's very hard to feel as if we are able to give those things away to others. Each of us is infinitely valuable in subtle ways that we just don't recognize. Folk-love, you are very valuable to me, because you are a very earnest seeker and I can feel how strong your desire is to "get it". You are on the brink of "getting it" and I can't wait until you jump over the edge and find it! You give those of us like me, who are more distorted towards teach/learning the Law of One, someone to aid, someone to help, and someone to practice teach/learning so that in the future we can only be more skilled at the craft and be able to help (hopefully!!) many others. This is a great service you perform and I am ecstatically grateful for your help.
The first thing to realize is that happiness does not exist outside of the self. Personally i think the greatest sense of happiness is love.

Love doesn't fully exist outside of the present moment, you won't find it in lust for the past or hope for the future.

So if the greatest sense of happiness is love and it exists only in the present moment, we then have a place to seek. A place to put our faith in.

In this moment we can bring awareness to our thoughts be they positive or negative.

As we develop our practice in being present, we can see that although we have thoughts and emotions, we are not the thoughts and emotions.

We are a soul that has thoughts and emotions, i like to call this awareness the silent witness.

From this step back we can see that if we are experience negative thoughts/emotions we also have the potential to experience the opposite.

As we learn to accept our negative thoughts/emotions and let them play out without indulging in them nor trying to overcome them we then return to that source of happiness or love. Just like clouds moving across the sun.

This is what works for me, i think its basically the same teaching that Ra gives and many other spiritual teachings have as well.

All experiences are temporary and won't last forever. Be them positive or negative. As we learn to become the silent witness we increase our awareness of self and thus other self as well. One then starts to see love as awareness and awareness as love under will.

Life will ultimately test you and push this to the limits making us face every fear and negative aspect of our self, many times we will fall from the path but picking ourselves up and continuing is the key.
Another exercise I would recommend would be to vividly imagine the person you would like to be. Imagine yourself completely happy. What sort of thoughts and feelings have been added to that imaginary self to make them so happy? What things are missing? How do they view the world around them, and how did they get that way? What is their favorite thing to do and which habits have they learned to avoid? While it may seem like simple daydreaming, this is a powerful mode of self-discovery. It can show you areas you need to work on, as well as point out talents you may not have realized you have. It is also an act of creation- a bringing into being something that was once hidden.

I have taken it a step farther and engaged in ritual where this "new self" was invited into my life and merged with my being, not wiping out anything that I was, but adding to it with the conscious creation of new opportunities. If you're not into ritual, just the imagination part will work, though, for you are in essence creating your own happiness.
Ok, let's see if I can articulate myself. The thing is that I do actively try to be aware of EVERY SINGLE thought I have, to the best of my ability, and of course with more practise I will get better at this. Regardless of the type of thought it is and the emotions that it brings, I try to surrender to and simply observe and be with it. I even occasionally force myself to indulge in negative thinking just so I can be with my pain, guilt, shame and so on and so forth. I won't get into the type of thoughts that come up, because they would probably make babies cry bitter tears heh heh. The same goes with positive thoughts I have about myself.

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that by doing this you integrate these so called shadow parts of yourself and get them working for you, rather than against you. I think I read somewhere, that your shadow is where your strength abides. I don't know about this system/practise that I've got going and it's effectiveness but I definitely seem to be able to cope far better with my thoughts then I used to be able to. My mind doesn't push me around as much as it used to, so to speak.

I'm not sure if I've done much work in framing these thoughts. In fact, I don't really understand what you mean by that Yera, care to explain or give an example? Do you mean trying to see the positive or the benefit of a so called negative thought? Like say for example I think of myself as selfish, this so called selfishness may actually be serving me and helping me in a way. I try to maintain the view that from a higher perspective, all things are positive and good even though we can't see that sometimes. I understand the benefit of suffering and hardship, I do.

Is it a matter of changing your thoughts, or changing your reaction to them and the way you view them? Or is it both? Do some thoughts simply cause unnecessary pain and need to be ignored or gotten rid of? I sometimes fear that I am just causing myself unnecessary suffering by doing the above and that I would be better off just thinking positive thoughts only.

I dunno, I just feel like there is no spark in my life and that life is quite drab and tiresome. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are things I enjoy doing, and I can see the humor in life, in fact that is one of my problems, not being able to take anything seriously and constantly joking about everything, even the most innapropriate things. I have a pretty morbid sense of humor Smile But none the less I can't honestly and confidently say that it feels good to be alive. Besides, I thought that joy was a state of being, and wasn't reliant on any circumstance? I will say that sometimes I feel fear at experiencing joy as it may make life even more unbearable. I listened to a story just yesterday, about some beings who had an encounter with a god, and the god needed to wipe the event from their minds because they would never be able to enjoy anything ever again and would be constantly seeking, in vain, to recreate the joy they experienced from the meeting. I told that incredibly poorly but you catch my drift. I'll end this post with a thought I regularly think about myself, and that is that, "I'm a stupid idiot". Now I shall be with my pain and smile while doing it BigSmile
Once you have access to the blueprint, changes can be made to the deeper mechanics of your being. Destructive patterns can be altered, emotional responses reprogrammed. This is not a suppression of self, but an expansion, allowing more of what lies within to become available to the conscious mind. It is essentially the basis of healing work.

Self-awareness is what leads to the blueprint of self. Surrender leads to this awareness, but then there is a responsibility to refine what is seen- to grow. Framing one's perspective is choosing to identify and adopt a more effective configuration of being once personal hindrances are realized. The self is not destroyed in choosing to release these burdens, but evolved.

I think a great many people hold onto their flaws and issues simply because they fear losing a part of themselves upon allowing change. The pattern is destructive, but familiar and even comfortable. Instead of cultivating true self love, they settle in and are content with "this is just how I am and I can't change," even if that viewpoint makes them miserable. Those who truly respect themselves realize such limits do not exist. There is no end to an infinite self, and while they accept their flaws and constantly forgive themselves, they also never cease to search for new avenues of growth and expansion.

I apologize if I'm not making the best of sense. It is a complex topic I can not readily summarize.
Pages: 1 2