Bring4th

Full Version: The Kogi, the Elder Brothers, who maintain the balance of the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I have just learned about an extremely fascinating culture in northern Colombia, a people called the Kogi.

They are believed to be the only surviving pre-Columbian civilization in the Americas, direct descendants of the ancient Tairona people.

They live in a part of the Sierra Nevada mountains that is actually a microcosm of the whole world. At the base is the tropics and the warm Caribbean Sea. At the top is permafrost and snowy peaks. There is everything in between at different elevations. Desert, rain forest, tundra, all of it.

The Kogi believe that their meditation and spiritual practices protect the world -- that they are guardians of life on earth. They consider themselves to be the elder brothers and stewards of the planet. Western civilization are the "younger brothers" and they have a strong ecological message that the younger brothers are destroying the world.

I find these people to be riveting. Everything they do is sacred and they have lived in harmony with nature for thousands of years. They have an interesting spiritual practice where their leaders are taken as babies and kept in total darkness for 9 years, working on meditation and interacting with nature spirits. They later emerge into the light and continue their training.

Sometime in the late 80's the BBC made a documentary about them, the only one like it ever made and it is very, very well done. Here is a link to it on Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...3096312859

Despite the somewhat poor quality, this is a GREAT documentary. Try watching the first 7 minutes of it to get a good feel for the topic. I suspect you'll like it!

There's a lot more on the internet out there on the Kogi, and worth checking out if you are interested in such things. Here are a few more

http://www.labyrinthina.com/kogi.htm
http://tairona.myzen.co.uk/index.php/about/news/
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...3828100552
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQjscRuOqnY

Love to all
The podcast available on this page will be of interest to you:

Barbara Threecrow and the Kogi

(Depending upon your browser settings, you might have to scroll way down the page to see it.)
(03-12-2010, 11:16 AM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]The podcast available on this page will be of interest to you:

Barbara Threecrow and the Kogi

(Depending upon your browser settings, you might have to scroll way down the page to see it.)

Hey thanks alot, Eddie, this was a very interesting podcast!! How cool that you found this! Thanks for sharing.

By the way for anyone else who might be interested.... a few of the Kogi have learned Spanish and this is how they have been able to communicate with the outside world. It was not done through English. It bears mentioning that the word "brothers" in Spanish is "hermanos." This word does mean "brothers" but it can ALSO mean "brothers and sisters." In Spanish, mixed genders default to the masculine... so you have "hermanas" for all girls (sisters), but hermanos for all boys (brothers) as well as mixed boys and girls (siblings).

I only bring this up because when I heard some Youtube clips of them speaking Spanish, to me it sounds as if they were actually saying "We are the elder siblings", not purely males.

Maybe it's splitting hairs, but I found them to have a great respect for the feminine principle and having a purely masculine name didn't quite fit. Once I saw those youtube clips I realized what had happened here. A subtlety lost in translation.

Love to all
What an amazing people. What touched me most was the brief side comment about how they refuse to wear shoes... because they do not want to be physically disconnected from the Earth.
(03-12-2010, 08:11 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]What an amazing people. What touched me most was the brief side comment about how they refuse to wear shoes... because they do not want to be physically disconnected from the Earth.

Have them try living in Canada. There's not much choice in wearing footwear most of the year if one desires to keep their toes and feet... I wonder if they would do an exchange program...
(03-12-2010, 09:48 AM)Pablísimo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Everyone,

I have just learned about an extremely fascinating culture in northern Colombia, a people called the Kogi.../..., direct descendants of the ancient Tairona people.

They live in a part of the Sierra Nevada mountains that is actually a microcosm of the whole world. .../... The Kogi believe that their meditation and spiritual practices protect the world -- that they are guardians of life on earth.../... They have a strong ecological message that the younger brothers are destroying the world.

I find these people to be riveting. Everything they do is sacred and they have lived in harmony with nature for thousands of years. They have an interesting spiritual practice where their leaders are taken as babies and kept in total darkness for 9 years, working on meditation and interacting with nature spirits. They later emerge into the light and continue their training.

Sometime in the late 80's the BBC made a documentary about them, the only one like it ever made and it is very, very well done. Here is a link to it on Google Video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...3096312859

Despite the somewhat poor quality, this is a GREAT documentary

Welcome to the forum Pablisimo and, thank you for the link. I watched again this documentary which I had seen eighteen or twenty years ago. It is still fascinating!

The Mamos are what we would call by our standards, enlightened ones, meaning technically spiritually that Mamos have made the link to their Higher Self/Holy Spirit within, a link which brings a change of perspective so to say. They are keeping the link alive and therefore go through live very much grounded in the respect for all life. As enlightened, they live therefore in a sacred way with a clear understanding of the Law of One which they have experienced directly, I mean without reading the book! BigSmile

Gaïa is important and, it would be for us human beings, a tremendous leap forward in consciousness and in understanding if we would truly dedicate our time and focus to the well-being of the Earth, acting together with the respect due to the vegetal, animal and mineral realms including mankind and for the balance of the whole eco-bio-system.

Those realms are spiritual since they are guarded by spirits and it is possible to converse with them. It is time for us to learn to ask a tree, before taking its fruits for consumption. It is time to learn to see them as life, as beings, time to care... or is it too late? It looks as it is sooo late but truly it is not; the present time is all we need!

I think it could be helpful for all readers of this forum if we had here at Bring4th a forum entirely dedicated to Earth and what She is going through now that She is entering 4th Density and, not from our point of view but from Hers for a change. After all, She is the One! Wink
It would include climate changes, earthquakes, weather wars, informations and links about cristals, the realms of vegetals, minerals and animals (including dolphins) and, how to care, how to interact, how to effectively heal, etc. We could also learn there about healing from huging trees (according to FairyFarmGirl), healing properties of plants and cristals and the so many different ways which exist to prepare those and, to eventually heal us and Gaia for we are not separable from Her. Our consciousness is forever united and inprinted to the Planet.

Humankind is powerful, it has powers beyond limitations but alas it has put upon its head, limitations beyond measures!

Limitations appear in the form of believes/distortions which have been put there into place in order to enslave us so that we cannot see our true power but, we could stop them right now. That would be the real freedom!
Brothers and Sisters, siblings Wink, it is time, for those who have not yet done so, to awaken to your power and with it, to choose a path, then, to live your path! Abandon the old coat of fear, you will not need it! Your dreams of peace, harmony, love and beauty will only take the chance of manifesting and, will keep you warm!

There is so much to learn and to heal here! Healing the Earth would heal ourselves! We are sick because the Earth is!
For we are living here and now together upon the planet, a planet who has giving us so much joy, fruits and spirit, that in the far past it was indeed called 'The Joyous one' - it is the meaning of the name Gaia.
It is time to acknowledge the gifts which Earth gave us and, to send our gratitude together with our healing as we ask for forgiveness.

I feel for the Earth in a way very similar to the way of the Kogi. I love and respect Her and all life upon Her. I thank you Pablisimo, for giving me the opportunity to see the program again and to write somehow about it.

The Earth can ascend positively, it is possible! We only need a moment in our heart! Let's just do it!
After all, the story of Earth started with love and can only end with love!

Take care all,
Love, Light and Peace on Earth,

Whitefeather
what an interesting group! thanks Pablo.

original video no longer seems to be working.

this might be the same video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnLX9pdKuEg

Unbound

Interesting that you mention the Mamos, I have a friend who was able to meet the Elders just below the Mamos.