Bring4th

Full Version: Free Will - a paradox in the game?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'm reading the Ra material for the first time and I'm only at session 13 which mentions references of the steps of Creation and the introduction of ''freedom of will'' in step 4.
At this point in my life I have come to the conclusion that freedom of will only serves to create problems and is probably the root cause of all distortion.
In my journey, I have come to a point where I'm no longer interested in *exploring* free will and just want to find my way back HOME! This world is very painful for me to live in. I am led to believe that my purpose of being here has a lot to do with Healing.
The free will business feels like a trap used by the ones in service to self who have more use of esoteric knowledge in order enslave us.
In short, the Game being played out is already biased and unfair given the advantage of the ones in service to self have over the ignorant peoples.
I'm trying really hard to find my purpose/calling and wanting to come to and understanding of my journey. I want to be an advocate for the positive side, for the people who have been mercilessly abused and enslaved against their right of *free will*!
Freedom of will or to put it more simply the ability to make choices.

You may be correct that free will is the action that initiates the cause that creates distortion. Since distortion is change and change is the result of choosing to do something other than what would be a continuation of the exact now.

Is the action that becomes a cause that produces an effect negative? Or is it how a person uses free will that produces an emotional response that is considered negative?

Exercising free will is a requirement to "finding your way home". Your choosing to embrace that there is more than what appears to the five senses is you using your free will. In the Tarot, the first card is the Choice Card which signifies the exercising of free will to choose to seek out further knowledge about yourself and existence. Without that choosing then there would be no evolving, no growing, no becoming.

Our physical emotional makeup can result in us looking upon our experiences as positive or negative although they are neither. They are simply just experiences designed to help us see ourselves better. These experiences are truly gifts, gifts in the form of lessons designed to teach us about who and what we are.

We are responsible for what we experience and what happens in our "lives" as we create our own reality. I have the ability to choose my reality by how I perceive that reality.

Take for instance a common everyday situation such as a checkout clerk in a grocery store. You are standing in line and the clerk is obviously "having a bad day". They are rude and nasty to everyone that comes in front of them. I have a choice I can step in front of them and return their nastiness with nastiness or I can smile and be as nice and happy as possible.

If I react with nastiness I have let them effect my day in a less than harmonious manner. If I react with happiness, love, compassion and warmth regardless of what they may do then I have simply exercised my free will to create a better reality.

Such as situation is a lesson, an opportunity, for me to exercise my love, my desire to be STO. I cannot control whether the other self allows me to effect their day or not, I can only control how I perceive and act within the situation. Every experience we have, regardless of how insignificant, is merely a lesson, an opportunity, to learn about myself and what I am.

I am a consciousness wrapped in a third density physical wrapper. Whether I choose to allow the emotions that are part of that wrapper to toss and throw me about is strictly up to me. If I can see through the illusion to the true reality that lies beyond then I can become in each now more of the real consciousness that I AM.

Those that find themselves "mercilessly abused and enslaved" cannot be helped unless they want to be helped. If I have learned nothing in this life that is one thing that I have surely learned. As a people, we the citizens of the U.S. have failed to grasp that fact.

How can you be an advocate for those who you perceive as having their free will infringed if you are unwilling to exercise your own free will? Are you not just as enslaved as those you seek to serve? Is not your enslaver your own self?

If "freedom of will" actually the problem or could it be something else? What if it is that lessons you must participate in have escalated to the "in your face" point simply to get you to "see" what you need to learn?

As we travel through life we are given increasingly more intense experiences as lessons. As a toddler we are told not to touch the light bulb because it is hot. We are told this repeatedly but because we choose not to accept the lesson given in that manner we at some point physical touch the bulb and then understand what "the bulb is hot" truly means.

Our lives are filled with gentle experiences designed to allow us to learn the lessons we have selected for ourselves. However, until we grasp that they are lessons and start to view them as such those lessons have to become more and more severe in nature just to get our attention.

As our focus changes does the lessons change? No, we simply perceive, "see", them differently and choose to react to them in a different manner. The resulting effect is that we no longer have the same emotional turmoil associated with them that we once did. The loss of that emotional turmoil allows us to reach higher and higher.

Asa
(12-30-2014, 11:59 AM)Enyiah Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I'm reading the Ra material for the first time and I'm only at session 13 which mentions references of the steps of Creation and the introduction of ''freedom of will'' in step 4.
At this point in my life I have come to the conclusion that freedom of will only serves to create problems and is probably the root cause of all distortion.
In my journey, I have come to a point where I'm no longer interested in *exploring* free will and just want to find my way back HOME! This world is very painful for me to live in. I am led to believe that my purpose of being here has a lot to do with Healing.
The free will business feels like a trap used by the ones in service to self who have more use of esoteric knowledge in order enslave us.
In short, the Game being played out is already biased and unfair given the advantage of the ones in service to self have over the ignorant peoples.
I'm trying really hard to find my purpose/calling and wanting to come to and understanding of my journey. I want to be an advocate for the positive side, for the people who have been mercilessly abused and enslaved against their right of *free will*!

i hear ya. i think complete free will doesn't exist here. otherwise we'd all flee. Tongue
Free will is an important factor of creation which allows for one to have the choice of polarizing positively or negatively. It could be seen as the root cause of distortion, but experiencing and exploring distortion are the point of incarnating and through free will we are able to draw from and explore the continuum of possibilities offered through third density life. As one grows in awareness distortion will become apparent and one can then find a way to balance the distortion or allow it to fall away if it is no longer needed.

Ra mentions that there were earlier Logoi whose creations did not include free will, and in these creations third density took a monumentally long time as entities would very gradually build up polarization over many, many incarnations over millions of years. The introduction of free will created a situation where polarization could occur over a much shorter period of time (Ra says the current third density period of our planet is made up of 3 cycles of around 25,000 years). This creates a situation that Ra likens to a statue being forged in intense heat which is then further refined over the following densities of experience, rather than a non-free-will situation which might more like a rough statue being formed over millennia by the natural dripping of water in a limestone cave which can then be further shaped in the long course of fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh densities.

Quote:77.15 Questioner: The specific question that I had was that it seems to me that the choice was planned to create intense polarization past third density so that experience would be intense past third density. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. Given that our interpretation of your sound vibration complexes is appropriate, this is incorrect. The intensity of fourth density is that of the refining of the rough-hewn sculpture. This is, indeed, in its own way, quite intense causing the mind/body/spirit complex to move ever inward and onward in its quest for fuller expression. However, in third density the statue is forged in the fire. This is a type of intensity which is not the property of fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh densities.

I don't think that free-will gives an unfair advantage to those polarizing along service-to-self lines as it greatly increases the rates of polarization of service-to-others individuals as well. In fact the catalyst offered by service-to-self individuals to those who they 'enslave' though quite intense will allow them greater prompting to make the Choice for themselves rather than handing their power to others (which is done by their free will as well) and polarize rapidly over a shorter number of lifetimes.

You polarize more by choosing to help others even though you don't have to and are given the option and historical context for serving only yourself, than if you help people simply because you are programmed to.

As for finding your purpose, who says you only have one? Maybe a part of your purpose is coming to terms with free will and the knowledge that you are fallible individual in world of fallible individuals who are capable of making 'mistakes' and learning from them.

Also welcome to the forums! I see you are from Montreal, I am a Montrealer myself though I moved to Ontario about a year and a half ago. Nice to see more people from my hometown BigSmile
(12-30-2014, 11:59 AM)Enyiah Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I'm reading the Ra material for the first time and I'm only at session 13 which mentions references of the steps of Creation and the introduction of ''freedom of will'' in step 4.

Of course freedom creates problems, you have infinite of ways to view things but this is necesary. Without free will there would be no Universe, no creation because everything would remain stable and perfect instead of every counciousness starting off as nothing and making their way back to the top through their own free will. Indivuality is what makes free will and it is through this free will that we grow.

I think your view of those of the negative path is biased. In the Law of One it says that there is no right or wrong, all expriences are catalyst for growth. And in the end whatever happens in this game doesn't matter because we all are infinite, every path is different but leads to the same destination. Also an oriented service to self entity can as much connect with the Creator and grow further just as one of the positive path would, it is simply two ways of being which are acceptable to be harvestable. Also I think in the 4th dimension they become split up on 4th density positive planet and 4th density negative planet. Also the first distortion is said to be the Law of Confusion, so you need that and that's why free will is important to discern and grow through this Confusion.

All is One my friend, everything is the Creator learning Himself through each indivuality and others around this said indivuality and all will climb back to the Original thought which is love.

The Universe is kind of a dream of the Intelligent Infinity about this original thought which is love, and it explores every ways possible to start off and go back to this universal love.

(12-30-2014, 02:06 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Ra mentions that there were earlier Logoi whose creations did not include free will, and in these creations third density took a monumentally long time as entities would very gradually build up polarization over many, many incarnations over millions of years.

I stand corrected, without free will there would still be growth.. a really slow growth which we're lucky I guess to be able to speed it up.

Didn't see he was a Montrealer, I don't live in Montreal but go to school there! Small world I guess or maybe Quebec is a cool wandering place, I could get why a 6th density entity would wish to incarnate somewhere they make poutine. Smile
(12-30-2014, 02:21 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I stand corrected, without free will there would still be growth.. a really slow growth which we're lucky I guess to be able to speed it up.

Free will is a gift from Creator that was granted to ALL THAT IS at the moment of creation. There could never have been a time when there was no free will. Non inclusion of free will would have been creating an environment where there was no impetus to use free will.

Even in an environment where there is little impetus to use free will such as the experiences/lessons that is encountered in this Logo's creation, in time free will, a choice to discover, will have to occur otherwise there would never be any advancement/growth. Such a situation then creates a trap whereby a consciousness could not escape.

Always there is free will. If there were no free will then the Logoi that created the elements that make up the Universe would never have created them. It is an exercise of free will that each Logos does that begins and then moves forward each of their creations. BTW those creations are born in the consciousness of each Logos making the Universe a mental construct.

Asa
How exactly must the will be free, what exactly must the will be free from, in order for us to have free will?

A quotation from Swami Vivekananda, a Vedantist, offers a good example of the worry about free will in the Hindu tradition.

Therefore we see at once that there cannot be any such thing as free-will; the very words are a contradiction, because will is what we know, and everything that we know is within our universe, and everything within our universe is moulded by conditions of time, space and causality. ... To acquire freedom we have to get beyond the limitations of this universe; it cannot be found here.[240]
(12-30-2014, 03:30 PM)zvonimir Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly must the will be free, what exactly must the will be free from, in order for us to have free will?

You must be free to choose of your own accord based upon only your own experiences.

Example, if I did not believe in the existence of extraterrestrial entities and suddenly there appeared on the lawn of the White House a craft containing entities from another planet my entire belief system would be destroyed by outside forces. I would have been denied the opportunity to decide how and when my belief system in ETs would be changed. My free will would have been infringed upon.

Yes, there comes a time when a certain number of individuals for the greater good might have to have their free will infringed upon. However, that point in time would have to be weighted very carefully. If not done correctly harm could be done to those whose free will is infringed upon.

Cardinal rule in the Universe--do no harm in any way or manner.

(12-30-2014, 03:30 PM)zvonimir Wrote: [ -> ]A quotation from Swami Vivekananda, a Vedantist, offers a good example of the worry about free will in the Hindu tradition.

Therefore we see at once that there cannot be any such thing as free-will; the very words are a contradiction, because will is what we know, and everything that we know is within our universe, and everything within our universe is moulded by conditions of time, space and causality. ... To acquire freedom we have to get beyond the limitations of this universe; it cannot be found here.[240]

Statement based upon a metaphysical philosophy. Neither right or wrong. From my reading of the statement, it is based upon a philosophical version of duality by omission.

He states that everything is molded by conditions of time, space and causality omitting the interaction of space, time and action. In other words he is addressing only our being as it exists in interaction with form and not including our interaction with the formless.

Under his concept because of the perceived limitations of physicality then can be no free will as it is dictated to by how we find ourselves. I disagree with his assumption.

In any instance I have the right to choose to do A, B, C, or none of the above. It is concept that A, B, C, or none of the above all are created by the environment so that we are limited to only those things. Truly I AM is only limited by my ability to think and imagine.

In Origins, a concept of cosmological beginnings, I speak to some of these things.

Asa

What is Free Will?

My understanding of free will is this: you can do anything you want to do, but what you want to do is predestined by karma.

Karma creates desire. Karma is spiritual inertia. It is a force for good in that it is the natural force in creation that brings you back to oneness, the still center point of beingness. No matter how far away you get from the light, the unity of all that is, karma will always eventually reel you back. Isn't that comforting? The return is guaranteed.

What creates karma? *Imbalance* What creates imbalance? Choices not consonant with the Law of One. The imbalances are waves in consciousness. There are big observable waves, and there are small ripples on the surface of the water. Third density is about balancing a certain threshold of wave. In the next density, you will balance smaller and more subtle waves, in the next density, even more so...

The Game is Balanced

Now, the game seems biased and unfair to you. That is completely understandable. Now, consider the possibility, that I present to you (as difficult as it may be for you to believe), that it is actually perfectly fair, and that there is a perfect balance of opportunity within the illusion.

Do you realize that your thoughts, or more accurately, your consciousness is creating your reality at all times, in all spaces, in all places? You are always gravitating to a space compatible with the vibration you are emitting. This is a universal truth. Some people call it the law of attraction.

Every piece of the creator is holographic, and contains the Whole strength of the One within it, just waiting to be tapped by the inner seeking, or will, of that focal point, or "eye" of the creator, that is currently looking through the perspective of form. It's an empowering thought is it not? These thoughts feel good to you because they resonate with who you really are.

Every soul is a powerful and infinitely wise being, and to the extent they can understand this, they can deliberately create the circumstances they desire. Understanding this divine heritage and capacity of all souls is the *key* to understanding how the game is fair.

The Two Faces of the Creator

Now, you got your involutionary forces and you got your evolutionary forces. The involutionary forces are your STS types, and your evolutionary forces are your STO types. The nature of the STS is to externalize your locus of power. They try to get you to go to sleep enough that you forget you have power. They try to get you to believe your power is outside of you. However, they can only control you, and seemingly usurp your free will to the extent that they control your thoughts. Your thoughts, attention, beliefs, and intent are your power, as the creator. So they try to get you to believe lies, and to the extent that you believe these lies, they have essentially eaten your consciousness, because they have dimmed your consciousness by distorting your awareness of Truth. Don't let them eat your light energy by accepting Falsity.

Now, the STO are not trying to put you to sleep, but instead are trying to wake you up, and give you back your power. So they share truth, which wake you up, and makes you understand your power again.

So that is the nature of the game. One side is trying to put people to sleep, and the other side is trying to wake people up.

It may seem like a lot of people are asleep right now, but I promise the scales are tipping, especially now. More people are waking up than ever! I can't wait to see what the future holds.

I don't know if any of this swayed your thinking at all, but consider it a friendly reminder of what we all inherently know, but tend to forget as our journey continues.
Freedom of Will was the first distortion. So distortion ain't all bad. After all we exist as distortions of infinity. We can experience because of distortion. I always say that free will keeps 0 from being a 1.
Beautiful post, anagogy. Thank you.

I would add that I know what it's like to feel the way you do, Enyiah. And it's very natural to therefore want to escape and return to the place of peace and happiness we all instinctively know exists. This wish to escape even leads people to commit suicide, thinking they can get away from the suffering.

This approach does not work - very much in the same way that walking out on a math final, while seeming to offer instant relief, only means that we will have to repeat it again and again.

Yet, there is a surefire way to escape this suffering, and the best part is that it's entirely under our control.

We came here intentionally. Our souls have only one goal that dwarfs all other goals: to evolve spiritually.

The suffering is there to remind us that there is work to be done, and to motivate ourselves to do the work. However, mankind has forgotten what the pain is trying to tell us, and has concluded that it is an inevitable part of the human experience. It is not.

It has been my personal lived experience that happiness comes from love, where love is the emotion of kindness or goodwill; this must be distinguished from other meanings of the word "love", such as approval or romantic interest.

Similarly, unhappiness is produced by discontent, resentment, anger, and the other "negative" emotions.

We choose our reactions to our environment on a moment by moment basis. Most people react on autopilot, instinctively, like the animals do: food - purr, threat - grrr. Since there is more (perceived) threat than pleasure in the world - and the human mind is exceptional at finding aspects to dislike in even the most favorable circumstances - or in the past or the future, if it can't find any fault with the present - there ends up being much more grrr than purr in our emotional makeup. This produces a net balance of unhapppiness. Simple as that.

Now this is where free will comes in. We can choose how we react to external and internal stimuli. We can choose to accept circumstances and find peace. Having found acceptance and peace toward any given circumstance, we can then much more easily take the next step and find love, i.e., kindness or goodwill. When we do that, we are literally building a storehouse of joy within ourselves. We are evolving spiritually, accomplishing the main goal of our soul in coming here, and we experience joy as a consequence.

Meditation is vital - it allows the meat puppet we're running around in to connect with its source and the love from which we are made. Regular meditation makes it much easier to find peace in any given set of circumstances; peace makes it easier to make the choice of kindness and love towards others, whatever they do (or fail to do). Love, in turn, builds up our joy. Each time we react with hostility or negativity, that joy is diminished. Exactly like a happiness savings account.

This work does take time, effort and dedication. It also produces results with a 100% guarantee, and is the only permanent, surefire way to escape unhappiness. It is therefore not at all surprising that whether you read the New Testament or the Buddhist Tipitaka, you will find the same guidance.

We are not meant to escape unhappiness, we are meant to transform it into joy by transforming ourselves into the sort of beings that bring joy to others through their kind and loving natures.

EDIT: Two simple exercises:
1) When your mind is idle, take a moment to think of someone or something - the entire world with all the people in it, a friend, a pet, anything - and give it a mental hug. Wish it well. Express a sincere hope that things go well for whoever you're thinking of, and that he/she/it finds happiness. Every moment that you spend doing this is a moment very well and powerfully invested.
2) When you find yourself having a negative or judgmental thought about someone, notice it and find a kind and compassionate thought about them instead.
Apply this to yourself as well. You too deserve kindness, compassion and warmth rather than the self-judgment we often pummel ourselves with.

Unbound

I think there's a difference between "The First Distortion" of Free Will and the "Law of Confusion/Free Will" which is applicable here and to the Law of Responsibility.
(12-30-2014, 11:59 AM)Enyiah Wrote: [ -> ]The free will business feels like a trap used by the ones in service to self who have more use of esoteric knowledge in order enslave us.

the negative side relies on being able to disseminate a false notion of who the self is. Once an individual accepts a false notion of who they are (a limited being, a sinful being, a flawed being), then that being acts and responds according to that false self-image of themselves. It is essentially an orange-ray misidentification which has huge ramifications.

being born into a mixed polarity society, the media, government and religion can ruthlessly and relentlessly keep portraying this false notion of the self, and as this is programmed into young entities, they become mere pawns in a greater game.

The thing is, for every offering of a negative viewpoint, there will be countervailing opportunities to re-view the self in a different light. There will be dreams, there will be intuition, there will be inspiration, there will be the sparking of genuine unconditional love for other human beings. The Free Will aspect is that we can choose another way of viewing the self given these opportunities.

once you have a grasp of the truth, it feels more 'real' and legitimate than the false sense of self that one has carried with oneself as a result of familial and societal programming. That holds the potential for a greater awakening.
If I hear you correctly Enyiah, you're saying you're not interested in self-serving actions and instead seek inner-discipline so as to rise above the material realm. This is all well and good not in contradiction with the concept of free will.

Free will in the positive sense is the ability to think for the self, to make mistakes, and to let others be free to do the same. Free will in this sense is the fundamental nature of healing. So ironically, cultivating inner-discipline is symbolically creating space for others to move..the opposite being restriction and non-movement.

*Edit. Disharmony comes into being when things lie outside of our control. We have all sorts of expectations of others to think and act in the ways we want them to, and it's quite surprising how much of our interaction with others revolves around attempting to align others with our thoughts (control). So allowing others to be themselves - letting the infinite express itself to you - and seek guidance when guidance is sought, is the nature of allowing the spirit to be free.
Thank-you all for your input. There is alot of food for thought in your comments.
This morning alone, I have just spent over an hour trying to expand from my original post and *lost* it because the web page had expired. Confused
Maybe my queries will answer themselves as I continue my inner work and educating myself through reading the material. I am hopeful in this. I am glad I have found this community to participate and to share with. Angel
Yeah that's a bummer..had that happen quite a few times! I edited my post for clarity. The group bounced around with their questions, as they were naturally trying to digest a lot of information. Things often get answered more succinctly in later sessions.
Hi Enyiah.

As I was scouring L/L Research's facebook page I noticed the daily Q'uote and thought it might be worth copy and pasting it here. In case you are not aware these can also be found on the home page of Bring4th at the bottom Smile

The Daily Q'uote for December 18, 2014

"The courage that it takes, in this heavy illusion, when free will is at its strongest, to take that free will, and in the middle of the night with no light to guide you but the moon, working in shadow, working by faith, working without vocabulary or understanding, choose to discipline the free will, which is the great triumph, the great challenge, of entities who are experiencing their free will at its very strongest, to choose to discipline that will in such a way that it becomes not willfulness which is eternally various, but willingness, a will to do that which is chosen: this is the greatest and most courageous step an entity can take in this illusion, for it goes against all sense data. It is only one who trusts love, by faith alone, that asks the will to choose to will the good, the radiant, the positive, the caring, to choose to emphasize those things about each which are the same, and that is love."