Bring4th

Full Version: Your role in Star Trek / Star Wars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was reading what Ra was saying about Architypes and had a thought form / question.
What role would you play / do you play in these 'space operas'?

Love / Light
Star Wars - A gray (non-Jedi & non-Sith) Jedi, who wanders around the galaxy visiting different areas seeking to encounter other beings for the purpose of simply experiencing different connections with them. Lending a helping hand where it seems appropriate, and never engaging in conflicts between societies.

Star Trek - Don't know jack about Star Trek, but I presume it would be similar to above.

Godspeed!
Spock present.
One the other side... Obi Wan Kenobi. Living in a cave and wandering out to save the lost ones.
Star Wars is all about the archetypes - well at least the original was. George Lucas had several versions of a rambling, mediocre story that was just an excuse for cool space battles. He attended a Joseph Cambell lecture and got fired up about the archetypes of universal myth. Then he rewrote his screenplay accordingly. In terms of storytelling, it's deliberately a streamlined version of the Hero's Journey.

There was a Star Trek episode with a guest character who did planet design for terraforming. I thought that was the coolest job description in the universe, and still do.

The other job I'd love in the Star Trek universe would be some kind of technical coordinator. In this role I'd interview the top science & engineering experts of each planet, and put on conferences where they can share their expertise. Like TED but on a galactic scale. It would also include debriefing the Enterprise crew now and then to learn what techniques they invented. I'd then package this information into training guides so the rest of the fleet could apply these innovations.

Not sure if I'd want to join Starfleet. Maybe better to work independently, as a contractor with a security clearance.
If you are not a member of Starfleet you can't play with our toys.

Love & Light
(03-13-2010, 09:33 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]Spock present.
One the other side... Obi Wan Kenobi. Living in a cave and wandering out to save the lost ones.

I think the ears suit you better Brother. I get to be Obi Wan this time!
A cross between Beverly Crusher and Deanna Troi, of course! Tongue
To help you choose wisely, here's are super-cool Star Trek (all series) episode guides: http://trekguide.com/ and http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Portal:Main
Lol.

Perhaps some sort of revolutionary leader in Star Wars, uniting some sort of people against the dark side. (I.e. one of the many alien planets.) To side with the jedi to lend a helping hand.

fairyfarmgirl

I would like to be the child of Princess Leia and Han Solo.

fairyfarmgirl
In Star Trek probably someone in Engineering. Warp technology fascinates me as does the holodeck.
Worf. Not because his personality is anything like mine, but just because I think he has the coolest forehead!
(03-14-2010, 01:58 AM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]If you are not a member of Starfleet you can't play with our toys.

That's OK, I also don't get sent to war zones, or used in stealth projects that leave crew members stuck inside rocks! Starfleet may be the most benign of hierarchies, but it is still a military organization. Trusted freelancers get to play with other cool toys that get put away whenever Starfleet shows up. Tongue

Holodeck programmer would be another cool gig. I wonder if there's a program that could give anyone a Klingon forehead for a day? BigSmile

Brittany

My husband always says I'd have been a Sith in Star Wars. :-)

I see myself as more of one of those random side characters that travels around and is always popping up and making people laugh.
I used to watch the first three movies so many times when i was younger. Every time i had a fever or otherwise stayed at home sick from school it was always either all the starwars movies, or all the indiana jones movies. I just fell in love with the starwars story. Where you could see the good and evil, not just different shades of grey.

Without being full of myself, i'd say im Luke. Not getting everything all the time, still learning a lot, a bit unpatient but with the best intentions for those around me.
I would consider to be "the force".

The force is service to all, available to both the light and dark side.

For the light side to learn about Love and the Light Sabre,
For the dark side to learn about control and controlling others to the benefit towards self.

The force would flow forth in the whole Star Wars galaxy, and available to those who can prepare themselves (hint: meditation) and use it accordingly.
This is so funny because there's a Facebook quiz for Star Trek, at least. I'm more of a Star Trek fan, but Star Wars is OK too. Ever seen The Hidden Fortress by Kurosawa, though? According to the quiz, I was very much like Captain Picard. That's hilarious to me, but I would probably choose Guinan from TNG or Uhura from TOS.

l/l,
origin