Bring4th

Full Version: the role of guidance in one's spiritual journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there are certain staple themes when it comes to metaphysics. Included amongst those would be past lives, meditation practice, some ritual, and divination. Also included amongst those would be spirit guides, or disincarnate helpers.

very few amongst us would be able to say that we have a relationship to our spirit guides that borders on something close to conversational, as in a real world friendship. Some people do, however, and their guides are as present as a mobile phone in terms of reliability of communication, and the amount of communication. That's great for them!

the vast majority of seekers, though, would have a more scant relationship to their guidance. Much like Jim asked about a female voice that he heard - Angelica - Ra confirmed that this was one of his guides, and it only spoke a single sentence.

but we can rest assured that our guidance is always present, and observing our choices and lifepath, and will offer something when it seems like a crossroads might be approaching. I don't think we can expect it to be like a constant commentary though, and telling us what to do and when to do it.

- -

personally, I would say that I receive 95% of my guidance via dreams; and whether that it is Higher Self offering something, my guides shaping the dreams, or higher density beings influencing the nature of the dreams as instruction, I can't really delineate.

But the conscious mind can get many things wrong, all the while constructing some beautiful consistent interpretations of 'reality'. Our personal guidance can give us a nudge back onto the right track (or at least offer an alternative opinion) if we are open and attentive enough to it.
My dream was weird last night. I was repaving the parking lot of a large grocery store, one pebble at a time. And I was enjoying my work. Where there were arrows on the ground, I used a different color. I think I used Lite Brite pieces to light it up. I remember following lines in the asphalt, very detailed work. Very large scale. The lines I followed were rough and in need of repairing. I wasn't nervous at the scale of it. There was a white arrow that pointed to the left or right, I don't remember.

There was also a rapidly spinning revolving door, so fast it was a blur. I was able to work my way around it though.

Unbound

I think my best guidance comes from interacting with the people around me. For all of the internal experiences I have, it is the compass and reflection on the world around me that gives any of the internal symbols meaning.

The best spiritual guidance I think I have gotten wasn't really spiritual guidance but a bit of advice from my Dad, whom "has his own thing" as he puts it but is otherwise not spiritual at all. It was very simple but struck right to the heart of a life of service, he said:

'Most people don't need help thinking or figuring out the universe, everybody is doing that on their own, in their own way. What people need help with is practical things like the dishes, cleaning the house, sweeping, and taking care of themselves.'

Without meaning to, he conveyed a very important message to me. That is, if you take care of the body, the mind is free. So now, for me, I believe the best form of guidance I can give is not in the form of ideas, but through assistance with the common challenges of life that they may have more space and freedom to discover their own infinite minds.

That being said, I think the best guidance I receive is that which helps me to care for myself and my body, that I am able to be most fit for service.