Bring4th

Full Version: how important is physical fitness?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
are you happy with your current state of physical fitness?

everyone is engaged in busy lives, and sometimes we don't have enough time to exercise.

I don't go to the gym or even do much cardio these days, but I do bodyweight exercises when it comes to mind.

how much value is there in maintaining physical fitness levels?
I'm 260 pounds and I don't work out. I used to, but my meds make me fat and lazy.
Being overweight can lead to diabetes.

I think being of healthy weight is important, but one doesn't have to work out to live longer.
i usually walk for 2hrs every day

[Image: brain.png]

[Image: BrainBenefits-01.jpg]
Just a short walk every day can be so refreshing and grounding.
I am currently on page 99 of Living the Law of One, The Choice and a Quo quote on that page is related to this Question Plenum. I have sought out the full transcript from L/L's Library and here is the part relating to my own physical exercise needs.

Anything that affects the physical body will have a rippling effect upon the non-physical or form-making or electrical or chakra body. However, it is impossible for us to pinpoint how physical effects ripple over into the non-physical, electrical body. It is completely the product of how each person’s chakra body is wired. Each entity is wired in a unique way. We do not mean that simply some entities have stronger red ray than orange ray, or stronger orange ray than yellow ray, and so forth. It is not only that to consider. There is also to consider how the chakras are wired within themselves and between themselves. The complexity of this, and the many, many different ways that people do set up their energy flow, make it impossible for us to discuss how diet and exercise and so forth would affect the energy body.
What affects the energy body most is the thoughts that one has. Therefore, if one is improving one’s diet, and is happy about it, the information of the improved diet moves into the chakra body as good news. If, on the other hand, an entity is plodding through a dietary regimen that is prescribed for an illness, but that entity is unhappy and feels constricted by this regimen, then the information that is given to the chakra body will be quite different. It will seem like a negative thing to the chakra body, rather than a positive thing, for the chakra body is not listening to the doctor nor is it listening to ideas that contain the word “should.” It is only listening to the feelings and the thought forms involved in the translation of physical effects into the feelings and the sensations of the body. A happy heart is more helpful to the chakra system than a good diet. A peaceful mind is more helpful to the chakra system than exercise.
There are times when it is wise to follow the needs of the electrical body and the chakra system rather than the needs of the physical body. We encourage all of those who must guard their health by means of diet, exercise and other regimens of this kind never to let duty press out the joy from the life. No matter how essential it is that the right things are eaten, and the right things are avoided in a diet, or how important various exercises are, in looking at the health of the entire organism, the faculty of joy is primary.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0528.aspx

So yes for me physical exercise is important but mainly because of my physical or athletic nature. I feel it needs to be put to work more because of this. I play non competitive football (soccer) 3 times a week and allow my competitive side to get involved as this creates a lot of sweat! In the warmer months I love riding my bike to nearby woods and meadows, but that's more of a communal thing than physical. I used to go to the gym a lot until I realised that it was developing into another addiction. Besides, breathing in natural air is akin to eating natural foodstuff.

Like Quo say, wellness within is of greater import than a frantic trip to the gym or wherever because of one's pursuit for longevity, specimen refinement or peer  approval.
Also if physical sport of any kind is something that you enjoy or might enjoy, it can encourage the mind to get in the Now or into that zone where time is forgotten altogether for a while.  
"Stagnant waters become toxic."

I think this holds true on all levels of being.

There is a particular reason physical exercise is important today. We still have, but no longer really have to use, the "fight or flight" response. But, we have constant low levels of stress daily, and fight or flight is engaged all the time. The adrenaline and other hormones released are normally processed out of the body by either fighting or running. Since we aren't doing either, and staying at our desks or whatever, exercise becomes imperative to process the hormones and avoid buildup (which causes imbalances).
I go to the gym four days a week doing cardio and weight training. I enjoy it and it keeps the body in good health.
There is always time to exercise. There just isn't always 'being' or wisdom enough to engage in the act. Physical action is a catalyst to everything else. Our spiritual, physical, and mental aspects are interconnected so they're all positively affected by the others growth.
As far as my physical fitness goes I'm stronger than most humans but compared to my potential I'm pathetic. When I feel my body through-out the day I hate myself.
I make sure to take a sauna as much as I can. 15 minutes in there and your blood is flowing like you're exercising, plus it releases many many toxins from the body.

I remember reading somewhere they did a research study with the 9/11 first responders who were exposed to a plethora of toxic chemicals. After the participants completed something like 20 minutes/day of sauna, many of their strange neurological symptoms and fatigue were significantly reduced.

Yay for saunas!!
(02-02-2015, 01:46 AM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]As far as my physical fitness goes I'm stronger than most humans but compared to my potential I'm pathetic. When I feel my body through-out the day I hate myself.

Convict Conditioning!

if people don't know this book, check it out.  It will change your attitude towards the gym etc.  Props to Karl for bringing it to my attention last year.

(y)