Bring4th

Full Version: what is fear?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anyone have a metaphysical understanding of what fear is?

K-PAX

~ Left Bring4th to avoid bullying ~
a clown?
fear is the echo of a potential future pain felt in the present... fear is timeless pain.
Fear is the reaction to the threat of possession, of being controlled rather than being in control. It's the opposite of love which operates through faith, which allows things to be as they are.

It's no wonder than it has a direct correlation to the deactivation of green-ray.

"32.14 The portion covered is this: the green-ray activation is always vulnerable to the yellow or orange ray of possession, this being largely yellow ray but often coming into orange ray. Fear of possession, desire for possession, fear of being possessed, desire to be possessed: these are the distortions which will cause the deactivation of green-ray energy transfer."
(01-23-2015, 06:53 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]fear is the echo of a potential future pain felt in the present... fear is timeless pain.

so there's an element of anticipation?

I agree with you about the pain part.  There is some sort of avoidance or unwillingness to experience some aspect of pain.
i experience fear on an exaggerated level daily due to PTSD & who knows wut, it's painful. like the ghost of pain, past or future. time loses its linear shape in a state of fear.

fear is some kind of dis-unity. in unity there's nothing to fear because all is recognized & accepted as self. maybe it's pain of being apart, not being able to melt back into others. maybe it's cold, frozen, unyielding, love being, hot, fluid & unresisting. cold is painful. does this make any sense?

did u have a specific reason to start this thread?
(01-23-2015, 10:30 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]fear is some kind of dis-unity. in unity there's nothing to fear because all is recognized & accepted as self. maybe it's pain of being apart, not being able to melt back into others. maybe it's cold, frozen, unyielding, love being, hot, fluid & unresisting. cold is painful. does this make any sense?

I can definitely see fear as being associated with separation.

but it almost seems like a chicken-egg scenario to try and pinpoint it further.  

By that, I mean, does the separation come first, and then it gets experienced as the emotion of fear, or does one experience fear at something that is unfamiliar, possibly dangerous and threatening to one's physical being, and then certain patterns of thought cement a false notion of separation.  Or do both mechanisms come into play, depending on circumstance?

- -
(01-23-2015, 10:30 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]did u have a specific reason to start this thread?

I was reading a book called 'I Am That' just recently, and the author suggests that it is desire/fear which causes a lot of attachments that the mind forms in this illusion.

One can see desire as being 'I want more of this', and fear as being 'I don't want this', and having that emotion get attached to an experience or an imagined experience.  

I've definitely been trying to bring to greater light any fears I have - and becoming more aware of them as an influence; as sometimes you can be motivated by fear without even realising it!  

so I guess I am trying to understand the whole mechanism/operation of  fear a bit further.
Fear can be beautiful. It has positive attributes. 

Have you ever heard about those people that can't feel pain? A glimpse into their lives shows us that while being able to feel pain may suck...it serves a great purpose. 

Fear is often the best protector. The predator doesn't know exactly why it fears the brightly colored prey...it just knows it does & stays away. Turns out the fear prevented the predator from getting poisoned to death. 

Fear can give the best adrenaline rushes. When I was a little one I loved haunted houses & intentionally causing myself to feel fear bc it would make me feel so alive. 

Fear can inspire positive action. Fear can enhance a performance. Fear does so many great things. 

If at all possible, embrace fear when you can. Love it. You are that. You are Fear. Fear has its purpose. It shouldn't only be looked at in a negative light.
What about irrational fears such as with schizophrenia where you think your friends are going to hurt you or that the sun is going to microwave you?
Bluebell's concept of pain points to something essential I think. As human beings we ultimately want to feel valued and recognized. So perhaps we seek control because we seek to be valued, and avoid pain and suffering. The concept of energy transfer, giving/taking, and Ra speaking of things bearing a cost or price is interesting. The green ray giving without return values the other over self, bearing a cost, ultimately culminating in indigo development where one learns to value the self and balance the self and other. It taps into the positive attribute of fear that isis talks about, where fear signals the barrier between being vulnerable and putting yourself out there showing who you are, or hiding. So I agree, fear acts as a motivator to develop faith and the self.
(01-23-2015, 12:05 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]Fear can be beautiful. It has positive attributes. 

Fear is often the best protector. The predator doesn't know exactly why it fears the brightly colored prey...it just knows it does & stays away. Turns out the fear prevented the predator from getting poisoned to death. 

Fear can give the best adrenaline rushes. When I was a little one I loved haunted houses & intentionally causing myself to feel fear bc it would make me feel so alive. 

Fear can inspire positive action. Fear can enhance a performance. Fear does so many great things. 

If at all possible, embrace fear when you can. Love it. You are that. You are Fear. Fear has its purpose. It shouldn't only be looked at in a negative light.

I like this. I agree that fear has a purpose. Just as guilt does. I also remember the feeling of fear being delicious as a child while playing hide and seek at dusk outside in the summer. I did this with my nephews when they were boys and I was adult, and I loved bringing that feeling of aliveness, excitement, and tingling anticipation back, and the feeling of camaraderie and connectedness with them and their friends.

I think the new age community has maligned certain socalled "negative" emotions to the point that some fear to feel fear, and feel guilt over feeling guilt. Instead of resisting these things, I agree with isis—embrace them, with a sense of gratitude. These are feelings that represent messages. Whether the message is to run from a predator or explore why you feel fear (your intuition is trying to tell you to look at what you're doing and why), or examine your guilt (to discern where it springs from and why), or any possibility for these feelings, they are a gift. Ignoring them, suppressing them, judging them because they don't match up with an idea that an advanced being wouldn't feel these things, is denying who you really are now, and what you need to see in order to evolve and grow.
Fear is ignorance.

All fear boils down to is death. Death is the unknown and that which we are not knowledgeable about is our ignorance.

An simple example might be an unpaid bill comes through the door and this creates a sense of fear of the fear. A fear of what? Losing your home, losing food and water, being homeless and risking illness, death.

However if we are the Microcosmic hologram of the one original macrocosmic thought we then have all the knowledge of the creator. Which would suggest that we are simply not conscious of the knowledge of which is currently unknown, yet through trance and meditation, hypnosis etc such as done in journey of souls, one can bring back memories of the cycle process.

If all fear is death and death is the unknown, and the unknown is ignorance then i would say fear is nothing more than our own unwillingness to discover what we truly are. This unwillingness is unworthiness, the rejection of the infinite love of the creator, which is our true identity.

However all of that being said fear is a useful emotion to experience and work with. In the sense of survival and as a means of spiritual growth. However being in the fear state of fight or flee is in itself an ignorant state of consciousness but one that is foundational to the more blissful states of being.
There's nothing like going to a rinky-dink carnival & then getting on the rides that you have to be crazy to get on. I've been on them all - zipper, ring of fire, flip n out, you name it. Not only do you get to fear the ride itself...you also get to fear that the ride will fall apart on you & send you plummeting to your death & you also get to fear the creepy carny-looking ride operators & hope they don't make the ride go faster or longer than it's supposed to. IMO, the best part isn't the fear...It's the feeling you get from overcoming the fear & not allowing it to control you & keep you from having a good time.
(01-23-2015, 11:03 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2015, 10:30 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]fear is some kind of dis-unity. in unity there's nothing to fear because all is recognized & accepted as self. maybe it's pain of being apart, not being able to melt back into others. maybe it's cold, frozen, unyielding, love being, hot, fluid & unresisting. cold is painful. does this make any sense?

I can definitely see fear as being associated with separation.

but it almost seems like a chicken-egg scenario to try and pinpoint it further.  

By that, I mean, does the separation come first, and then it gets experienced as the emotion of fear, or does one experience fear at something that is unfamiliar, possibly dangerous and threatening to one's physical being, and then certain patterns of thought cement a false notion of separation.  Or do both mechanisms come into play, depending on circumstance?
i think separation is first because w/o it fear doesn't exist. in a fully unified state, u can choose separation... to then experience fear/pain & this is wut God did w multiplying & that whole apple/snake stuff... we all (God) chose separation, maybe out of curiosity, & now we're here. ain't it grand?  Confused

or maybe we just wanted some apple pie...
i have a lot of nightmares. last night i dreamt i had a friend who was from an evil misogynistic native american/cheesy movie asian bad guy family... like Dragon/Bruce Lee stuff. i was sick of polluted western food so we went to the bad guys & ate some watery fruit that they gave us... after that they grabbed my friend. i, cowardly custard, tried to run, fear causing me to ditch my friend. they got me anyway & killed us. they stuffed our bodies inside a dead crocodile. i still feel bad leaving my friend. to me that was the key of my dream. selfishness/survival.
thanks for all the thoughts everyone!   Definitely a diversity of views - appreciated.  More food for thought.

(01-23-2015, 02:49 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]i think separation is first because w/o it fear doesn't exist. in a fully unified state, u can choose separation... to then experience fear/pain & this is wut God did w multiplying & that whole apple/snake stuff... we all (God) chose separation, maybe out of curiosity, & now we're here. ain't it grand?  Confused

I think that's well reasoned.  

To speak to our personal experience of separation, we can definitely have a more divided/separate/schismed mind, and one that is more integrated and balanced.  I am guessing that when there is trauma (like the PTSD you mentioned), and in cases where there is repression and compartmentalisation of memory, the element of fear is going to arise naturally out of that separation.

As I mentioned up above, one of the reasons I am interested in this topic is that there are fears which can drive our behaviour, but we are unaware of how it shapes us because we have not seen where we have created the separation, or where the originating lack of acceptance was.
- -

(01-23-2015, 02:49 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe we just wanted some apple pie...

BigSmile
"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Bashar is good for this sort of thing. To paraphrase him, it may be said Fear is a side effect of running ones energy through a belief system that is not in alignment. In other words, it is a circumstantial indicator felt through the experience of emotion when one believes something that is not true. It is a service offered to the individual to discover the core negative belief that has resulted in the fear, which could be any number of things picked up throughout ones life (either by society, parents or otherwise). It is not inherently negative, but is how we choose to respond that is the key. We tend to ignore our emotions and imbalanced thought processes until they become louder (fear) and louder (manifested in the chemical body through psychosomatic means).
(01-23-2015, 03:08 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]To speak to our personal experience of separation, we can definitely have a more divided/separate/schismed mind, and one that is more integrated and balanced.  I am guessing that when there is trauma (like the PTSD you mentioned), and in cases where there is repression and compartmentalisation of memory, the element of fear is going to arise naturally out of that separation.

As I mentioned up above, one of the reasons I am interested in this topic is that there are fears which can drive our behaviour, but we are unaware of how it shapes us because we have not seen where we have created the separation, or where the originating lack of acceptance was.
- -

(01-23-2015, 02:49 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]or maybe we just wanted some apple pie...

BigSmile

BigSmile

good call mentioning compartmentalization. i was thinking that but then forgot as my mind went to the fragmentation of God & separation from other selves & i didn't even realize how holographic it is that that also happens inside a person! like a fractal of fear!
(01-23-2015, 04:48 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have a metaphysical understanding of what fear is?

As other posters have already said, fear is the visceral reflection, felt in your body as a kind of chemical cocktail, in response to your inner perception of separation.

Separation from what?  It is the separation of self from self.  All emotions arise in response to what you are focused upon.  When your focus, in this moment, is different from what your higher self has currently expanded to (what it is focused upon), you will feel negative discordant emotion.  If it is *really* off, you will feel dread or fear.  Just as physically aversive sensations like pain tell you when you burn yourself, the negative emotion is telling you "This is painfully HOT!", but in a spiritual complex sense.

Experienced occasionally, it is no big deal, and is a natural part of the process of giving birth to new desires as a result of catalyst/contrast, and the subsequent tuning one's thoughts to be a vibrational match to the new place that the higher self has expanded to as a result of your experience.  

Fear is a valuable indicator.  It is like the empty indicator on your fuel tank.  You can't just slap a happy sticker on your fuel gauge and keep driving.  It is useful to know when your tank is on empty, so you can fill it up again!  
The only times I have felt fear was through illusion, when I wasn't in my right mind. I thought things were going on that weren't really.

Shawnna

There are two primary driving forces behind every human feeling or action; Fear or Love.

In Love, there is no room for Fear.
Fear is the opposite of Courage ,same thing but in different degree,pole,condition and vibration....

Polarity issue =Negative -Fear -----Positive -Courage
(01-24-2015, 12:56 AM)Shawnna Wrote: [ -> ]There are two primary driving forces behind every human feeling or action; Fear or Love.

so is there anything that you fear, Shawnna?

Shawnna

(01-24-2015, 08:47 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-24-2015, 12:56 AM)Shawnna Wrote: [ -> ]There are two primary driving forces behind every human feeling or action; Fear or Love.

so is there anything that you fear, Shawnna?

No, not really.

In moments of weakness, I fear not being able to live up to my purpose; to reflect Love.

Honestly, I've never been truly tested.

That being said, within the last 12 months, I've been laid off (I was 59.5 years old at the time with no college degree), my only nephew overdosed at age 24 and his mom (my only sister and last living relative from my family of origin) died of liver failure after abusing alcohol and pills for years.  I started a new job last February.  This past week I've been involved in two auto accidents (no injuries) after not having anything on my driving record for decades) and yet, I am honestly simply looking for the purpose and reason behind it all.

While this past year has been the toughest in recent memory, I don't know that I'd qualify it as 'THE' toughest of my short life here on this beloved planet.

There are days when I feel I'm under assault but in general, I try to find the Life Lesson behind everything that occurs.

Confused

Is it difficult at times?  Oh my goodness, yes.

Would I change anything in my past - no, nothing.  It's all been Life Lessons that I've been blessed to experience.   Heart

Fear of your own power or anger....
I think fear is a feeling of insecurity in which one is frightened of things within either the imagination or faced in a situation of harm x or past trauma which has left a scar indenting there strength of self instead live in fear x 
(01-23-2015, 04:48 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone have a metaphysical understanding of what fear is?

One of my favourite quotes comes from Dion Fortune who was a mystic practitioner.

"A thought is a thing, a mood is a place"

Ra (as did she) used the term "thought form" to describe that thoughts become actual things in our time/space analogue.

As thoughts rise up in our minds what brings them to life for us lot lucky enough to be in space/time right now is the feeling or "place" that is attached to that thought.

I believe it is for this reason that the words Ra had to offer in reply to Don's question's were emotionally neutral.

If light could be seen as colourless then our emotional reaction to the light upon our exposure to it could be seen as adding colour to it. (light being a metaphor for our own thoughts in this context) 

Rational fears are those areas of mental concern that can tangibly threaten our safety and security. Irrational fears are those personal boundaries we have put up as a means of protecting ourselves from a perceived threat to our safety and security. This may have occurred during our formative years as a child (0-7 years old approx) where we have yet to develop our cognitive/logical faculties, thus our ability to rationalise our experiences, and/or ask for help. Or it may be pre-incarnative in origin whereby we did not take up the opportunity in our past life to reconcile or shed light on the subjective fears that we unconsciously allowed to take root, grow and therefore dictate our life pattern.

I think we should all give our fears a good hug because metaphysically speaking, they are lonely creatures that need a compassionate embrace from their creators, which is us. 
Pages: 1 2