Bring4th

Full Version: protecting/shielding ones self from negativity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm interested in how everyone goes about shielding themselves from negativity. For a time, I was able to ignore such energy by simply walking away or trying to add a positive spin on a situation. But over time, the incessant negative nature of coworkers will pull me into such ways of thinking then I'll catch myself and try to ignore it. Unfortunately, we work in such a confined work area, I can't simply walk that far away. 

So I'm interested in techniques that allows ones self to bypass this unfortunate vortex of negativity and keeps you on the positive line of thinking 
I have experienced negative epiphany from others often. I used to try and overcome it with visualizing a white light or evening a banishing ritual. From my experience i see it now as a mirroring effect and precious opportunity to accept another self, further strengthening the path of unconditional love. Once you can view the love in the experience, in that moment, nothing will move you from your center.
Being around negativity can be frustrating. However...

It's catalyst. See if you can accept your coworkers as they are in their level of spiritual development, and find feelings of kindness and goodwill toward them.

This way you will not only shield yourself, but also polarize.
Imagine your perspective, your awareness through your own eyes as a ball of white light resting in the middle of your head. Explore this area of the body, and this ball of light. Experiment moving the ball to different parts of the body.

When you are ready to integrate, shift this ball of light to the perspective of the other entity. Surrender your ball of awareness to their eyes. Wear their painful mask for the moment. You will realize there is not inherent negativity at all. This is the divine mind unfolding before your very eyes. Surrendering to the perceived negativity, you transmute love to your own unawareness; filling the void or the well of negativity within yourself.

Unaware entities make wonderful practice. And instead of an sense of dread at the thought of them, I find a bubbling curiosity to find their mask, to understand their outer layer.
(01-31-2015, 02:11 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm interested in how everyone goes about shielding themselves from negativity. For a time, I was able to ignore such energy by simply walking away or trying to add a positive spin on a situation. But over time, the incessant negative nature of coworkers will pull me into such ways of thinking then I'll catch myself and try to ignore it. Unfortunately, we work in such a confined work area, I can't simply walk that far away. 

So I'm interested in techniques that allows ones self to bypass this unfortunate vortex of negativity and keeps you on the positive line of thinking 

That's a hard one.  Ra stated that the greatest contrast to psychic attack is the atmosphere of psychic support.

I tend to look at everything from a "what am I manifesting in this current moment?" standpoint.

Whatever you place your conscious attention on is amassing power of expression in your experience.  The problem with "shielding" is it has the thoughtform of "attack" built into it.  So your placing your attention somewhat on the attack (the negativity), and your placing your attention somewhat on the shield.  Your activating the vibrations of attack, and the vibration of protection from that attack.  The vibration of protection has the vibration of "that thing you need protection from" built into its concept.  What I'm getting at is: whatever you place your attention on is being pulled into your experiential field.  So your attracting a certain type of experience.

Having said that, the concept of shielding can be useful as a sort of "bridge" to a more purely positive vibration.  But to manifest a reality where negative draining experiences aren't a part of your experience, you gradually have to withdraw all attention from said negativity.  I realize that is easier said than done.

And I know you're probably thinking that since your work area is confined and you're seemingly stuck with certain personalities, that this couldn't possibly change your circumstances, but as impossible as it may seem, if you could purely hold the positive pitch, your experience would have to change.  Circumstances and events would shuffle.  Things that weren't vibrationally compatible would have to vibrate right on out of your experience.

The only problem is people often think they are focusing on the positive when they're really not.  It can be difficult to be honest with oneself.  Emotions are always a dead give away though.  No matter what you "think" you're focusing on, the way you feel will reveal the true nature of your focus, which is wonderfully handy.  There have been so many times where I thought I was thinking positively and when I turned away from my mind, and did the customary "gut check" I was tense, balled up, and anxious, indicating my focus was not really as positive as I would have liked to believe.

I find its helpful to spend 5 or 10 minutes a day focusing on things I appreciate.  Appreciation can be a difficult vibration to tune to if you're far away from it, but it is a fantastic way to release resistance to positivity.
(01-31-2015, 02:11 PM)Jeremy, in these struggling times, first of all brother maintain your paycheck. I worked as a hardware tester at this WI company. They had boards that almost lit a cruise ship on fire. I had to find the cause of fire. Later, in a separate project, I mentioned abnormally high temperatures, but that project was too crucial for the immediate management and engineer\s reputation, and I ended up being the bad guy. I still regret that decision, because that was one of the most relaxing jobs. Unfortunately, in this world, selfish fellow employees are everywhere, and due to the corporate structure, we can't really do much about it. Hold on to your paycheque brother, or if you fight them, fight like hell is about to visit them. Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm interested in how everyone goes about shielding themselves from negativity. For a time, I was able to ignore such energy by simply walking away or trying to add a positive spin on a situation. But over time, the incessant negative nature of coworkers will pull me into such ways of thinking then I'll catch myself and try to ignore it. Unfortunately, we work in such a confined work area, I can't simply walk that far away.