Bring4th

Full Version: chi energy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My mother has been exercising Qui-gong for two years now and i am very interested in what this discipline has to offer in terms of learning to heal others and manipulate energy around us. I like to take a little bit of this and that and turn it into what my heart tells me to follow, not strictly devoting my time to what others and rules say are right. I would like to discuss the chi-energy that is involved in the old asian cultures though, what is it? Is it willpower? Just another word for manipulating the intelligent energy around us by thoughts?

This video is very interesting and shows what John Chang and chi can do, although i understand why these powers are things that shouldn't be shown in public. His "karma" must have suffered a lot from these videos, and however "cool" some of this stuff is, he breaks the Law of Free Will quite a lot. So to not infringe on your free will, don't watch it if you don't want to BigSmile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAAB0dbc3Es

An interesting side-note is what he heard when meditating in the woods for 2 years. That resonated very deeply inside me, in fact most of this video did.

Love & Light!
That's amazing. He can control the energy flowing through his body as if it was second-nature. And others' subtle energy centers react to the shared energy.

If only our scientific institutions would open up to the possibilities, we could be blending left and right and harmoniously discovering things like this, things that lead to lessons of love.

I'm sure DJ did exactly what he was supposed to do, and did it well. Can you envision the day in which we'll look back on our past and laugh at our foolishness for ignoring a very part of our bodies as if it didn't exist? I can just imagine me as an oldie having a conversation with my grandson or daughter, "Ya'know, junior. There was a day back when I was a boy that we didn't even know about all this energetic system stuff. Can you believe there was a time when half the planet didn't didn't even believe that the chakras were real? That'd be like lookin at yer toes and tellin them 'I don't believe in you! Go away!' Those were the days... Dammit junior, are you listening to me or are you surfing the web on your neural implant again?"
Well, my path brought me here and I don't feel that what I do would be breaking my free will anyway. I will watch in a moment.

Edit: Upon watching, it was quite fascinating. I wonder if the chi he projects can be manifest anywhere in space and time. The fact he made fire with the chi shows a great amount of energy he can work with.

I've had an interest in cryokinesis, or the freezing energies. That is rather unheard of from my experience.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, chi or qi describes the life energy that sustains the body by flowing through particular pathways called meridians. Western science has confirmed that there is a different electrical response at meridians than at the rest of the body. But so far, there's not a consistent explanation in western terms of the phenomena Eastern medicine has observed around meridians for thousands of years of clinical results. I believe an integration of these understandings will likely occur in my lifetime.

Each meridian is associated with a TCM organ. But some of the organs don't correspond with western anatomy. Instead they represent some type of process that occurs over time in the body, often but not always corresponding to physical anatomy. For example, the TCM Kidney (notice the capital letter) is not just the tissue that filters blood to produce urine. It also is where the spiritual life force we are born with manifests in the body, and its injury or illness is involved with excessive fear.

TCM uses several techniques to bring chi into balance when its flow has been injured by illness.

Qi gong and tai chi are two forms of "moving meditation" that help chi maintain balanced for health.

It's not clear to me if chi, prana, kundalini energy, and the energy of the chakras are all different ways to describe the same processes from different points of view. I suspect this is so. If that's right, then yoga, meditation, and anything that promotes healthy living will help the flow of chi to improve. This includes good nutrition, exercise, rest, clean environment, low-stress life, etc.
(03-17-2010, 11:59 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]That's amazing. He can control the energy flowing through his body as if it was second-nature. And others' subtle energy centers react to the shared energy.

If only our scientific institutions would open up to the possibilities, we could be blending left and right and harmoniously discovering things like this, things that lead to lessons of love.

I'm sure DJ did exactly what he was supposed to do, and did it well. Can you envision the day in which we'll look back on our past and laugh at our foolishness for ignoring a very part of our bodies as if it didn't exist? I can just imagine me as an oldie having a conversation with my grandson or daughter, "Ya'know, junior. There was a day back when I was a boy that we didn't even know about all this energetic system stuff. Can you believe there was a time when half the planet didn't didn't even believe that the chakras were real? That'd be like lookin at yer toes and tellin them 'I don't believe in you! Go away!' Those were the days... Dammit junior, are you listening to me or are you surfing the web on your neural implant again?"

Haha that conversation gave me a good laugh! This really describes our society very well, with a large percentage of the population usually being sure that the commonly accepted doctrines are truths. The sun used to rotate around the earth too, right?

(03-17-2010, 12:46 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my path brought me here and I don't feel that what I do would be breaking my free will anyway. I will watch in a moment.

Edit: Upon watching, it was quite fascinating. I wonder if the chi he projects can be manifest anywhere in space and time. The fact he made fire with the chi shows a great amount of energy he can work with.

I've had an interest in cryokinesis, or the freezing energies. That is rather unheard of from my experience.

It is an interesting video, yes. I think we can do whatever we believe we can, or rather that which we believe so much that we know we can. But making fire and ice would be pretty useful when cooking food though!

(03-17-2010, 01:33 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]In Traditional Chinese Medicine, chi or qi describes the life energy that sustains the body by flowing through particular pathways called meridians. Western science has confirmed that there is a different electrical response at meridians than at the rest of the body. But so far, there's not a consistent explanation in western terms of the phenomena Eastern medicine has observed around meridians for thousands of years of clinical results. I believe an integration of these understandings will likely occur in my lifetime.

I believe that the only reason for not integrating this into western society is the simple fact that you wouldn't make money and have power if people could heal themselves. I suspect positive change is about to come though.

(03-17-2010, 01:33 PM)Questioner Wrote: [ -> ]It's not clear to me if chi, prana, kundalini energy, and the energy of the chakras are all different ways to describe the same processes from different points of view. I suspect this is so. If that's right, then yoga, meditation, and anything that promotes healthy living will help the flow of chi to improve. This includes good nutrition, exercise, rest, clean environment, low-stress life, etc.

I totally agree.

Love & Light!
Thanks for sharing. fascinating...
(03-17-2010, 04:23 PM)charlie2012 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the only reason for not integrating this into western society is the simple fact that you wouldn't make money and have power if people could heal themselves. I suspect positive change is about to come though.

Also it needs efforts from people to heal themselves. It is way more convenient to pop a pill and let a headache go away...

I believe these are powers are for real and effective but this was an example of using your personal will to heal others. That is why there are so many strict codes around using these...
My mom was almost sold on getting one of those $90 pens that heals oneself. Probably some crystals in it or something, but I believe the intent is as important. She says that most people don't know how to heal themselves, so they need others to do it for them.

I guess that makes sense, but I've gone out of my way to read and research. A lot of people I guess don't want to read much, and just take what doctors say at face value, including taking over 8 pills a day.

For me, it all began to make sense when I started meditating. Not even knowing how, I just did it. Too many excuses in others not to meditate, although I've heard of some having bad experiences. Probably a lot of clearning needing to take place.

I will admit that I bought a few pieces of Orgonite, but after I had researched and did quite a bit of reading on it. Not going just by one testimonial or two.
Intent and willpower are very effective tools for healing. It's weird that more people aren't looking at the effect of placebo pills and put two and two together.

(03-20-2010, 01:03 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I will admit that I bought a few pieces of Orgonite, but after I had researched and did quite a bit of reading on it. Not going just by one testimonial or two.

What are your thoughts on orgonite? Does it work? Can you feel energies?