Bring4th

Full Version: Interracial Couples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you would think in this time and age, the very notion of an Interracial Couple would be transparent, and that it would be a non-issue.  After all, it's supposed to be about the equality of all beings and races.

And yet, I just recently attended a very large family gathering (over 70 people) and I noticed the distinct lack of racial diversity.  To be blunt - there were no white folks present (or any other non-asians, for that matter).  I understand that there is a certain comfort in marrying inside one's cultural circle; there is a language connection, a cuisine connection, a common vocabulary.  

I myself have gone almost the opposite way; and not dated asians at all.  
why did u go that way.
that's a good question actually.

I was born in Australia with parents of Chinese heritage.  I've lived my whole life here.  I actually stopped speaking Cantonese when I was about 10 years old, because I didn't think it was relevant to living here (I can still understand a kid's level of Cantonese though).

I guess apart from outward appearance, my asian culture doesn't really mean much to me.  

Perhaps at some level there is also a rejection of asianness; which is something that I can further explore.

It's definitely catalyst - because it caught my attention quite strongly.
funny, i've always envied asians. i guess it is catalyst. to not be wut u want to be. in 5D i could take asian form & u could take some other form & we'd both be happy. Smile

sometimes i think i wasn't good enough to be born w better genes/racial diversity etc. sometimes i think i got unlucky. it's a temporary vehicle in the end. :-/ can only hope the next one is more pleasing...
(02-15-2015, 12:46 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]you would think in this time and age, the very notion of an Interracial Couple would be transparent, and that it would be a non-issue.  After all, it's supposed to be about the equality of all beings and races.

And yet, I just recently attended a very large family gathering (over 70 people) and I noticed the distinct lack of racial diversity.  To be blunt - there were no white folks present (or any other non-asians, for that matter).  I understand that there is a certain comfort in marrying inside one's cultural circle; there is a language connection, a cuisine connection, a common vocabulary.  

We have a mixed (asian and white) couple in our close family.
They would appear to be almost polar opposites, ie. she, outgoing, open, he, closed and introverted.
I have thought about this a lot. It does look like a balancing act.

I love her home cooking!
Also, it's interesting to know that 1 in 200 men are direct descendants of Genghis Khan.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2...ghis-khan/
Genghis Khan you old dog.

I tend to find this is the case in most communities. I believe it is the group mind concept, each sharing a collective unconsciousness of symbolism and mythology.
Different races have different racial minds or group minds as i like to call it, due to the possibility of the concept becoming highly distorted.

The magnum opus of the group mind is to become the social mind entering into green ray vibratory rate. This unconsciously becomes the akashic or planetary mind due to the influx of higher energy center activation.

It is well noted thought that all of these levels of the mind are available at any time to the seeker. This gives rise to the idea that although they may seem to be a future event of evolution are in fact happening simultaneously because of the 3 dimensional aspect of time/space.
(02-15-2015, 05:27 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]in 5D i could take asian form & u could take some other form & we'd both be happy. Smile

I'd be happy too.
I think prejudice in this are is due to:

1. Lack of opportunity. In China, for example, how many white people live there? As an Asian there, how much opportunity is there to meet and get to know and fall in love with a Caucasion person? Even considering the Internet, where you can meet people online, you still have missed getting to really know others in person outside of your culture in certain parts of the world.

2. A lack of lateral thinking. We are trained from birth to think inside the box. The box is whatever society in general maintains at any given time.

3. Herd mentality. Plenum, it could be that you were merely resisting the herd, and rising above it by seeking outside of it. Animals instinctively maintain herd integrity because it is safer. Humans in general have, through the centuries, responded to this mandate and still do. Unfortunately, because humans have more developed brains and "free will," and are capable of endless cruelty, we have judgments and prejudices still when others don't conform to ignorant societal pressures.
i see mostly white people around & in media so it's true, there's no opportunity. the lack of asians/other on TV in the west is staggering. i've met only couple asians that i can recall. & a handful of blacks.

i also think we're drawn to cultures we've had lives in. we recognize them as familiar. maybe some people only incarnate into one race/culture...
I met one asian online that I thought was the coolest thing. He is a very talented artist.

http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/furrfox/
I'm white, married to a Hispanic. Where I live, about half the city's population is mixed, white/Hispanic, with some black thrown in. It's nice to see.

Why do you suppose that Asians tend to mix less? (being that you're Asian...)
My husband knows a lot of Chinese people, because of his business (Kung Fu). I can think of at least 2 Chinese people who are married to whites, in his circle.

I also know 2 people who are 1/2 Japanese.
nice work, Gemini Wolf. i always marvel at people who can draw like everyone else. makes me feel separate because my style is so different. i tried to learn manga but forgot about it.

funny thing about being unique. when u r unique u feel alone, like a deviant/freak/aberration/tumor... something that is out of bounds. but "unique" is trending so hard that people get accused of trying to be unique. i just wanna say wtf? i've been bullied, abandoned & hated all my life, i've looked in from the outside, i've cried myself to sleep because i'm so alone, i've been so terrified & ashamed. now it's a trend. these people who treat me like cancer think being "unique" is so "cool". they don't know dick about unique.

i don't really blame anyone for wanting to fit in.
(02-15-2015, 03:13 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you suppose that Asians tend to mix less? (being that you're Asian...)

I don't know.

It's definitely not the case of arranged marriages - as is still present in some parts of Indian tradition. (not American Indian, south east asian indian).

And it's not as though my extended family doesn't mix with whites socially; because they do, and have abundant friends.  It's just tbat in my family ... they've all gone the route of marryng asian-asian.  I'm sure that could change with the next generation.

Sydney is quite a cosmopolitan city.  It's even been compared to a mini New York at times; although I'm not sure how fair that comparison is.  Lots of migrants, from all parts of the world.  There are definitely lots of mixed couples especially in the area I am in.
I guess it depends which part of Asia you come from, I'm half Asian - my mother is from the Philippines. It's common for philipino women to be married to Caucasians outside of the Philippines, I'm married to one.
I think that the oldest civilization on Earth is China. That gives them a built-in tendency to believe that they are superior. It's even in their language a little bit. Westerners, probably the British, gave their country the name China after the Chin Dynasty. They call their own country the Middle Kingdom, as in "We're the center of everything."

We students of the LOO know that all 3Ders are equal and any perceived differences are catalytic.

My best friend Gus came from Taiwan to get his Masters degree, and then stayed. One time, as his extended family jointly looked for a new place to settle, he frankly explained that "Chinese people don't want to live where there are a lot of blacks, Hispanics or even Chinese! We want a mix but with plenty of whites." I think that makes sense to them because a white majority can be protective of the whole.

My Vietnamese friend John likes living in the city of Milpitas because it always has a minority Mayor, although s/he might be Hispanic, Vietnamese, Chinese, African American, Filipino, Indian, Korean or another one. That implies to him a place that's tolerant, like himself.

I think that most 2nd generation immigrants would be pretty open about their G3 child marrying "outside," unless they know of several other ones needing a spouse and not getting anywhere. The child could win with a good case for his/her choice though.
i bet the fact that there were only asians there didn't go unnoticed by anyone bc that is kinda bizarre, i think, that out of 70 family members (in australia) all were the same race...i bet that does change with the next generation.

but i think there will always be some people that have an issue interracial marriages, no matter the day & age, & i think many will avoid it bc of that alone.
(02-15-2015, 12:46 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]  

I suspect a genetic malfunction or disease if we keep it in the cultural family for too long. The great virtue of the neophyte is that if forgets to consider the opinions of others Tongue