Bring4th

Full Version: 2006.02.26 - Balancing Heart and Intellect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is...226_2.aspx

I just read this one last night. It is in response to a question that someone named 'B' has about some seemingly 'crazy' visions that he or she had, and the difficulty 'B' had trying to balance rationality with the Heart or perhaps intuition.

I found this one very interesting, as I have also had from time to time my own 'rational' thoughts concerning anything and everything metaphysical. It may just be a ramification of my newbie status as an awakened being. But from time to time I will take a mental step back and think to myself "Hm, so this is a transcript of telepathically transmitted messages from aliens, helping us to evolve spiritually. Interesting...". Heh, you have to admit that when looking at all of these things at a glance from the perspective of someone who grew up in the western world without much education on the metaphysical, it can look downright loopy or appear sci-fi inspired. In fact, I could easily go in to a side tangent about how anything and everything related to the metaphysical is discredited in western thinking, where science rules supreme. Having grown up in that world, it's really hard to turn down the volume on your rationality, even after bearing witness to many seemingly uncanny synchronicities. Even last night, I asked for assistance in finding internal balance about this and then happened to read the above transcript! But of course my rational side is screaming 'Coincidence!' as loud as it can. Smile

Such moments of thinking can be a little unnerving. Which is usually when the heart takes over and I start thinking about things from an intuitive standpoint, after which I regain some balance. The trick is, (and I have yet to master this) is to think MORE from the heart than the mind. As Q'uo says in this transcript, the intellectual mind should be at the service of the heart, not the other way around. How do each of you do this, or is it natural by now? I know some people have NDE's and other dramatic visions that resolve this issue for them completely- I haven't had that myself unfortunately. I'd be interested to hear any and all comments.

It's a little embarrassing to fess up to this, but I think if there's any group to bring it in front of it's this one, there's quite a base of knowledge here.

Also small point of interest, the speaker for the Q'uo group is usually Latwii, but for this session Hatonn speaks. It's interesting to see the difference in the dialog.

Thanks for reading, everyone!
Hello Lavazza.
I will share some personal insight with you in hopes that it will help your cause. I was introduced to the Ra material a year ago and at first it did seem crazy and difficult to digest having no background in the field (in this round) however I have opened my mind and after studying the four books of the Law of One repeatedly I can say I believe in the law and the material more than anything in my life. It may take time to make sense and digest yet it is now the most important part of my being. I just wanted to share my personal hope and faith. I hope that wasn't a push or infringement. I hope it helped you.
You are talking about undoing YEARS of conditioning/programming to believe in nothing but the mind and it's scientific analyses. This is no small feat. If it took most people about say oh, 6 years of life to be conditioned a certain way, imagine taking 6 years to UNDO that. Sure, some of us undo our programming in much shorter time, but we are not all "wired" the same. It can be a tricky thing (and very difficult) to quiet the mind and follow the heart on a consistent basis. I personally feel I have undone most of the conditioning in a matter of 3 years or so, but that was aided by OBE's, lucid dreams, and the always powerful LOO material.

Godspeed!
Hello friends, I'm glad this thread has gotten some responses, it only took 14 months after I initially created it... HAHA! Smile

I agree with you Turtle, it can be extremely difficult if one does it at all. In my case we're talking about roughly 30 years of that sort of programming, I doubt I'll ever be fully rid of it. Over the course of the last year I've grown in this area much to my relief. I took a long hard look at how mainstream science treats new or controversial ideas. It is extremely biased. To a degree, it is also irrational in a way that they (scientists) are unaware of. I realized this while listening to the testimony of Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroscientist who had a remarkable experience in which she suffered a stroke while remaining conscious. Her entire left brain was de-activated, leaving only her right brain to work with. She couldn't read, talk or anything like that, but she suddenly gained a tremendous feeling of connection to everything. She no longer understood where her body ended and her environment began. It was profound for her and after her recovery she never felt the same way about life again. This story caused me to realize in a flash that the major mistake close-minded scientists, atheists and skeptics made continuously is that they discredit their emotions, intuition, feelings and everything else we would call the product of the heart, or right-brain. This is because they do not want to be 'irrational'. They fear above all else becoming un-objective. And the bold scientists who DO follow their hearts are pushed the side in our current scientific world. But, if it is possible to have those feelings because those feelings are a part of reality, how can you call yourself objective when examining reality, if you always look at just one side of it? There's nothing rational about that at all. That's what's missing from the atheist's tool kit, and why they come to the conclusions they do come to. There are images of the universe that, to me, are so profoundly beautiful and awe inspiring... that to someone else is completely random and meaningless. In itself, that stance is a larger leap of faith than ours is here. But that's my opinion of course. Smile

In short, what I'm trying to say is that we are a product of this universe. Thusly anything we humans do is an organic process of that universe, just as anything a star does is an organic process. Everything from freeway on-ramps, to great works of art. It's all 100% naturally derived from the universe. Since humans DO have feelings that god exists, that there is a larger picture, and that they have had those feelings for thousands of years is not insignificant. You can't just ignore all of that because you cannot classify it with numbers, language or the scientific method. It is, therefore, wise to follow your heart, especially in an area such as spirituality where the intellect cannot (by design I would say) help you at all. For some this means religion, for me, it means The Law of One.

Having said all this, I do feel that open minded science and spirituality should have no conflict once our understanding of each has developed significantly. Quantum Mechanics is by far the most interesting field of study in this regard. To me, the laws of QM are the same about the same as magic. The Law of One is also, I feel, probably the most advanced form of spirituality on Earth, and in many areas it crosses over in to scientific languages (due in part to Don's history in science no doubt). Ultimately I'm sure our mainstream science will use equal parts intellect and heart in it's learnings. That we haven't done so yet may be due to the fact that we're still technically at the end of third density with a veil firmly in place, albeit thinning now and again.

Here is a link to that talk I referenced: http://www.ted.com/talks/jill_bolte_tayl...sight.html

What a rant! Sorry for the length of this- but as you may have discerned, this was no minor point in my spiritual awakening and journey thus far. Much love, L.
Thanks for sharing Lavazza.
14 months you said? In the tarot, 14 is the card of THE LOVERS! And you ware talking about the heart and, about coincidences?

... And, the main heart connection is... laughing, closely followed in second position by ... a sense of humour.
All which implies been joyous at heart, fun and connected through the heart to all lifeforms, meaning: love!

Enjoy your life Smile
L/L/Life
Whitefeather
use Ra's text. if your mind is acting a lot, then it means you are one of those who need to know. that text was for such a work.
Lavazza,

If it will help you I will let you know a bit about myself. I grew up in an area where everyone was supposed to be Catholic. Thanks to how Cathalosysm had not connected well with my mother, she never forced me to join in. She later found a religion that resonated well with her but still as a young child it had many holes to fill which I could clearly see at a very very young age.
Whenever I had a chance to speak to elders and ask of these "holes" I was never given a straight answer, I was given cookie cutter answers that the rest of the people sheepishly accepted and went on along with their lives. As I grew to the age where I could stop attending I did because it never resonated for me anyhow, but at least I took what I needed out of it to be a healthy human.
As of late I have been studying many religions to find that they all point towards the same basic values and seem to have same basic histories.
When I ran into the Ra material it was like...BING... light went on. All of the sudden many of the holes I had began to fill in and made a lot of sense... for me.
This I believe is the purpose of the Ra material, along with other material I have run into... when you are looking for answers you will find many options, but only the ones that resonate with you will have special meaning to you.

Even some of the Ra material I reject as it doesn't resonate well and even Ra and Quo say that only take that which resonates well with you.
(01-17-2009, 05:01 PM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]it's really hard to turn down the volume on your rationality, even after bearing witness to many seemingly uncanny synchronicities.

Great topic, Lavazza!

Why would it even be necessary to 'turn down the volume on rationality'? I see no reason why rationality and heart can't coexist.

I see it as completely irrational to ignore all those seemingly uncanny synchronicities. A rational mind does not ignore evidence. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence (though not proof) of paranormal activity, reincarnation, UFO's, etc. Oh and how about the absolutely irrefutable, tangible evidence of crop circles?

When wondering whether communicating with aliens is rational, just listen to 'rational' and highly respected (by the conventional scientific community) Carl Sagan, who rationally calculated the odds of extraterrestrials' existence and deemed it not only highly likely, but practically impossible that there would not be aliens! And this from the conventional scientific community's 'golden boy'!

(Regrettably, Carl Sagan is no longer with us to analyze crop circles. I can only wonder what he'd have to say about them. At the time of his passing there were very few, and research in its infancy.)

A rational mind has no conflict with an open heart.

What we think of as being intellectual, might actually be having blockages resulting in dogmatic thinking, which actually isn't rational at all.

From the transcript you linked:

Quote:From the point of view of the heart, the workings of the intellect seem young, untrained and immature. However, it is our feeling that it is helpful not to scorn the use of the intellect completely but to do as this instrument does, and depending primarily upon the knowing aspect of the heart, move into the use of the intellect, directing the intellect rather than being directed by the intellect, in the perfectly just and reasonable attempt to look into what might be happening, as the one known as B said, in terms of geometry or densities or however one can think about the experiences that have been so powerful and so plentiful for the one known as B in these last few weeks. It is not necessary to scorn and lay aside the intellect. It is only necessary to remove it from the driver’s seat and to ask it to take up its rightful place as a servant.

A rational mind in the service of the heart still functions. It is the intellect acting alone that might tend to get mired in dogmatic thinking, which, according to scientific thinking, isn't actually rational at all, but biased.
mind is mind. 'crazy' visions, 'spiritualism', 'supernatural', etc does not lie outside the boundaries of mind. mind is still mind. according to Ra, mind is where all the catalyst is experienced, where all the emotions are felt.

it seems that the 'mind' word usage in this topic refers to an individual's mind, which has been conditioned and biased according to societal biases and acts according to societal mind. that is not mind. that is an individual conditioned to use his/her mind, according to societal biases.
(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]I took a long hard look at how mainstream science treats new or controversial ideas. It is extremely biased. To a degree, it is also irrational in a way that they (scientists) are unaware of.

Oh this is sooooo true! Ideally, science is supposed to be totally neutral. But how many times have we heard 'scientists' say, "Anyone who believes in aliens (ghosts, reincarnation, etc.) is obviously deluded" ?

An unbiased scientist would say, "Well we have evidence, but not proof for such phenomena, so I will remain open-minded. I speculate that it's more likely the person has a mental disorder, but I won't rule out the possibility that his conclusions might be accurate."

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]I realized this while listening to the testimony of Jill Bolte Taylor, a neuroscientist who had a remarkable experience in which she suffered a stroke while remaining conscious.

Oh I loved hearing her story!

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]the major mistake close-minded scientists, atheists and skeptics made continuously is that they discredit their emotions, intuition, feelings and everything else we would call the product of the heart, or right-brain. This is because they do not want to be 'irrational'. They fear above all else becoming un-objective. And the bold scientists who DO follow their hearts are pushed the side in our current scientific world. But, if it is possible to have those feelings because those feelings are a part of reality, how can you call yourself objective when examining reality, if you always look at just one side of it? There's nothing rational about that at all. That's what's missing from the atheist's tool kit, and why they come to the conclusions they do come to.

Well said!!

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]There are images of the universe that, to me, are so profoundly beautiful and awe inspiring... that to someone else is completely random and meaningless. In itself, that stance is a larger leap of faith than ours is here.

Agreed! They don't really measure just how irrational it is to take such a leap of faith. They'd rather not believe anything that's not physically proven. Which is, in itself, irrational, because there is so much that cannot yet be physically proven.

Anyway, we're not even asking them to believe that which is not yet proven. Even if they aren't willing to have faith, at least they could just be neutral. That's not asking for too much, especially since science is supposed to be neutral. But many of them aren't even aware of their own biases. Their biases have become accepted, so that those pioneers who think outside the box of conventional dogma, are considered 'fringe'.

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]In short, what I'm trying to say is that we are a product of this universe. Thusly anything we humans do is an organic process of that universe, just as anything a star does is an organic process. Everything from freeway on-ramps, to great works of art. It's all 100% naturally derived from the universe. Since humans DO have feelings that god exists, that there is a larger picture, and that they have had those feelings for thousands of years is not insignificant. You can't just ignore all of that because you cannot classify it with numbers, language or the scientific method. It is, therefore, wise to follow your heart, especially in an area such as spirituality where the intellect cannot (by design I would say) help you at all.

Again, very well said! And an excellent point I hadn't thought of.

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Having said all this, I do feel that open minded science and spirituality should have no conflict once our understanding of each has developed significantly.

Ha, I just said the very same thing, before I read this!

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]Quantum Mechanics is by far the most interesting field of study in this regard. To me, the laws of QM are the same about the same as magic.

Although I have a limited understanding of QM, I too had excitedly referenced QM when talking to scientists. But they scoffed, claiming that metaphysically-minded people often reference QM to back up their spiritual 'theories'. Case in point: What the Bleep. The scientists claim that we are using QM inappropriately. I'm not knowledgeable enough to respond to that, but I suspect it's their own dogma getting in the way of connecting the dots, which are obvious to us.

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]The Law of One is also, I feel, probably the most advanced form of spirituality on Earth, and in many areas it crosses over in to scientific languages

Agreed! I think science will eventually understand and maybe even prove much of what's in the Law of One. Already, a few items are now supported by science:

Science & Technology > Law of One claims proven or evidenced by Science

(03-15-2010, 11:10 AM)Lavazza Wrote: [ -> ]What a rant! Sorry for the length of this

No need to apologize for such a thought-provoking and relevant discussion! Smile
quantum mechanics is itself paranormal enough.
Hey Deekun, Monica & Unity,

Thanks for your posts Smile Monica- I think my second post that you responded to addresses most of your comments in the first , as you saw. I wanted to comment though that you are totally right on about the rationality & spirituality part that you mentioned. You see- even in my initial post I was still un-consciously biasing my comments towards the mainstream view of metaphysics! (wow).

These days I am much more lenient towards ideas in metaphysical writings that would be controversial in science. I suspect greatly that many ideas therein could be confirmed with a more open minded (and open hearted!) scientific approach. There are still, of course, those things which I do not believe in because I just can't rectify how they could be true in my mind. (intentionally not giving examples so as to keep the topic here focused) But these are not conclusions on my part because I am always open to further evidence, and the great mystery that is existence.

And I greatly look forward to using much time/space in the Akashic libraries once I move on to larger life, absorbing information about the things I believe now and things I do not believe. That should be fun, eventually. For now I'm too busy learning the ways of love. (my main purpose here after all)
(03-15-2010, 04:44 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]You are talking about undoing YEARS of conditioning/programming to believe in nothing but the mind and it's scientific analyses. This is no small feat. If it took most people about say oh, 6 years of life to be conditioned a certain way, imagine taking 6 years to UNDO that. Sure, some of us undo our programming in much shorter time, but we are not all "wired" the same. It can be a tricky thing (and very difficult) to quiet the mind and follow the heart on a consistent basis. I personally feel I have undone most of the conditioning in a matter of 3 years or so, but that was aided by OBE's, lucid dreams, and the always powerful LOO material.

Godspeed!

Just curious, did you get your name from this guy?

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/107916-wa...s_hurt.jpg
(08-28-2010, 05:34 AM)Wander-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2010, 04:44 AM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]You are talking about undoing YEARS of conditioning/programming to believe in nothing but the mind and it's scientific analyses. This is no small feat. If it took most people about say oh, 6 years of life to be conditioned a certain way, imagine taking 6 years to UNDO that. Sure, some of us undo our programming in much shorter time, but we are not all "wired" the same. It can be a tricky thing (and very difficult) to quiet the mind and follow the heart on a consistent basis. I personally feel I have undone most of the conditioning in a matter of 3 years or so, but that was aided by OBE's, lucid dreams, and the always powerful LOO material.

Godspeed!

Just curious, did you get your name from this guy?

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/107916-wa...s_hurt.jpg

Nope. A friend of mine calls me turtle...says I look like a turtle, but then again he came up with that when he was high so yeah...lol
I don't have anything useful to add, but I wanted to say how neat it is that everytime I read a post on this sub-forum, I read the channelling session in question and it always seems to pertain to something current in my life. This one especially helped me reflect on my past.
(08-21-2010, 10:50 AM)unity100 Wrote: [ -> ]...biased according to societal biases and acts...

If society is a collection of individuals, I have always wondered as to how societal mind complex patterns are formed, cemented and institutionalized.

Is it something to do with the law of squares?
it shouldnt be too different from things governing behavior patterns of any society.
A little story about myself, I have been totally against religion until red LOO (I even hit a buddha statue when I was little). I think it is totally rational to assume the existence of UFO, since the universe is so vast and who can be sure that life can not exist in 10000000000 degree temperature? If you can acknowledge the possibility of just one ET race, wouldn't it be rational to assume there are infinite amount of ET races since the universe seems to be infinite? AND while it is totally logical to make such assumption, most people out there think there is no ET? It should be the other way around. The scientists should say "currently we have no evidence against the existence of ET"

So you see it is only rational to say most people are irrational. When you are in the minority, most likely you are rational, at last judging from the current state of affair.

This is coming from a guy who has been using his mind never his heart up until now.
Hi Eric,

(01-17-2009, 05:01 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]Such moments of thinking can be a little unnerving. Which is usually when the heart takes over and I start thinking about things from an intuitive standpoint, after which I regain some balance. The trick is, (and I have yet to master this) is to think MORE from the heart than the mind. As Q'uo says in this transcript, the intellectual mind should be at the service of the heart, not the other way around. How do each of you do this, or is it natural by now? I know some people have NDE's and other dramatic visions that resolve this issue for them completely- I haven't had that myself unfortunately. I'd be interested to hear any and all comments.

It's a little embarrassing to fess up to this, but I think if there's any group to bring it in front of it's this one, there's quite a base of knowledge here.

I don't think it is at all embarrassing, and really not that unusual. Growing up, my intellectual mind was highly encouraged, but there was little acknowledgement or instruction in the use of intuition.

By the time I got to my first year of college, my rational mind reached a major crisis point. It seemed like every little thing I was contemplating got analyzed to the nth degree, and almost invariably I ended up with two equal and opposite views, with no way to discern between them.

Repeatedly bumping up against this natural boundary/limitation of the intellect was what prompted the opening of my intuition. I realized that my intellectual mind was quite adept at clearly delineating which choices were available to me, but offered no real assistance in choosing between them. So, in a way, it was for me the intellectual analysis of my own mind, and drawing the rational conclusion that there must be some "higher" way of knowing that first opened me up to intuition.

Hatonn Wrote:That part of awareness, while not at all intellectual, is extremely intelligent. In fact, rather than thinking, its power is a power of knowing.

Having brought awareness to the intellect of its inherent limitations, eventually, my rational mind acquiesced to the possibility that it wasn't the "end all, be all" mode of intelligent perception.

Hatonn Wrote:From the point of view of the heart, the workings of the intellect seem young, untrained and immature.

So I would offer that it is not necessary to try and curb your intellect, or turn it down. Rather one could simply allow the intellect to offer its input, thank it, then let it rest. Once quiet, ask if the intuitional mind would like to offer a view. You can even set up a "scientific" experiment where you test the hypothesis of following your intuition, and seeing if it consistently leads you to where you want to be.

Hatonn Wrote:When information stems from the heart and its powers of intuition and direct perception, it is a knowing that is functionally stable and solid as long as the intellect does not begin to take it apart. Gnosis [2], or knowing, has a validity that is not vulnerable to methods of investigation in proof.

Eric Wrote:Also small point of interest, the speaker for the Q'uo group is usually Latwii, but for this session Hatonn speaks. It's interesting to see the difference in the dialog.

In my opinion, this is not a small point of interest, and observing the differences in communication can lead one to rather profound insights.
I think this Ra quote is slightly related:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=54#15

"While it is a primary priority to activate or unblock each energy center, it is also a primary priority at that point to begin to refine the balances between the energies so that each tone of the chord of total vibratory beingness resonates in clarity, tune, and harmony with each other energy.

This balancing, tuning, and harmonizing of the self is most central to the more advanced or adept mind/body/spirit complex.

Each energy may be activated without the beauty that is possible through the disciplines and appreciations of personal energies or what you might call the deeper personality or soul identity."

Don then makes an analogy with a 7 stringed instrument (the human entity being the instrument), and asks for Ra's view:

"In the balanced individual the energies lie waiting for the hand of the Creator to pluck harmony."