Bring4th

Full Version: Eating Tomatoes is STS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I started a thread expressing a concern that the Law of One could potentially be turned into a religious dogma, which I thought was a valid concern, but people were more interested in debating my signature.

This got me to thinking, and in a sudden moment of clarity, I realized that eating tomatoes is also STS!

Think about it. There are nutrients found in tomatoes that are also found in apples, blueberries, and other fruits. Therefore, it is clearly unnecessary to eat tomatoes, and to knowingly do so is surely an STS act!

I know it's hard...with all the billboards showing delicious-looking pasta sauce...and fresh tomatoes on salads. Hardest of all is the organic, garden-fresh tomato, vine-ripened to perfection. Oh, what flavor!

And then there are the exotic varieties...have you ever had a purple tomato? They are amazing!

But...as much as I love the flavor of fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes, eating them is clearly STS.  Sad
They used to think that tomatoes were poisonous.
[Image: jesusfacepalm.jpg]

[Image: 1328930918.gif]
(02-16-2015, 12:35 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]I started a thread expressing a concern that the Law of One could potentially be turned into a religious dogma, which I thought was a valid concern, but people were more interested in debating my signature.

This got me to thinking, and in a sudden moment of clarity, I realized that eating tomatoes is also STS!

Think about it. There are nutrients found in tomatoes that are also found in apples, blueberries, and other fruits. Therefore, it is clearly unnecessary to eat tomatoes, and to knowingly do so is surely an STS act!

I know it's hard...with all the billboards showing delicious-looking pasta sauce...and fresh tomatoes on salads. Hardest of all is the organic, garden-fresh tomato, vine-ripened to perfection. Oh, what flavor!

And then there are the exotic varieties...have you ever had a purple tomato? They are amazing!

But...as much as I love the flavor of fresh, vine-ripened tomatoes, eating them is clearly STS.  Sad

Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία (eirōneía), meaning "dissimulation, feigned ignorance"[sup][1][/sup]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event in which what appears, on the surface, to be the case, differs radically from what is actually the case. Irony may be divided into categories such as: verbal, dramatic, and situational.

Verbal, dramatic, and situational irony are often used for emphasis in the assertion of a truth. The ironic form of simile, used in sarcasm, and some forms of litotes can emphasize one's meaning by the deliberate use of language which states the opposite of the truth, denies the contrary of the truth, or drastically and obviously understates a factual connection.[sup][2][/sup]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

It doesn't matter how fast you go, you can't run away from your shadow.
Yes, the Law of One could potentially be turned into a religious dogma and your signature is the sort of thing that it starts with.
This is why the debate always seems to return to 'that' signature.
 RollEyes  oh jeeze Monica! i totally get ur point now that u have forced it down my throat a million different ways.

Welcome to the STS flock Monica. We have been waiting for you.
[Image: jesusfacepalm.jpg]

Why is it STS?
It's satire.
Well, we should (regardless of opinion) love and accept all beings, meat eaters, veggies, vegans, etc.
This is the Law of One.
The energy we feel from Monica's posturing is one of frustration, disgust, anger and ultimately desire to control and manipulate.

We (as a forum) are pointing out these distortions that we perceive.

We are not "hating" on Monica or any other poster.

I think, personally that non-manipulation of people takes priority over compassionate "do not eat animals" doctrine.
The former is well intended but tainted by lack of wisdom.

The danger is, dear Monica, that people will believe you - face value - due to the emotional charge you give your arguments - without performing their own "due diligence".
(02-16-2015, 02:02 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it STS?

Well, I explained why it's STS. Are there any tomato eaters here?
Why do you think it's satire?
(02-16-2015, 12:52 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ] RollEyes  oh jeeze Monica! i totally get ur point now that u have forced it down my throat a million different ways.

I just post my views, like everyone else. You can put me on ignore if you don't want to read what I write. Or, just avoid the threads I'm in.
(02-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 12:52 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ] RollEyes  oh jeeze Monica! i totally get ur point now that u have forced it down my throat a million different ways.

I just post my views, like everyone else. You can put me on ignore if you don't want to read what I write. Or, just avoid the threads I'm in.

That would be separation.
So there is distortion to be worked off.
We (the forum members) are here to engage in discourse.
(02-16-2015, 03:23 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be separation.
So there is distortion to be worked off.
We (the forum members) are here to engage in discourse.

I agree, Ashim. Let's just let everyone post as they may. There are forum guidelines—let them be the moderation. It's up to each of us individually to perceive, react, and make choices about how we deal with other's posts that trigger us . . . or not.
(02-16-2015, 02:13 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]The energy we feel from Monica's posturing is one of frustration, disgust, anger and ultimately desire to control and manipulate.

If you are 'feeling' from me a desire to control and manipulate, you are misperceiving, because I have zero interest in controlling or manipulating. I am interested only in freeing the oppressed...tomatoes!
(02-16-2015, 04:08 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 03:53 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]No. really, are you going to change your signature as a result of the discourse here?

I am considering it. But I could really use your advice. Do you think Eating Tomatoes is STS would be ok? Or would that offend anyone?

You know, Monica, in the depth of your heart, that you are loved.
Do as you wish.

I will be happy to argue/discuss with you for a very long time.

The tomatoes are a silly idea, although they do form the base of my wonderful (vegetarian) spaghetti sauce.

It's time for bed here in Germany.
God speed and don't let the bed bugs bite.
(02-16-2015, 04:19 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]The tomatoes are a silly idea, although they do form the base of my wonderful (vegetarian) spaghetti sauce.

OK now I'm really confused! I just got a LOT of flack for my sig. Why would changing it to tomatoes be silly? Won't that offend a lot of people who like to eat tomatoes?

Can someone please explain this to me? Huh
130 views so far, and it's been called satire, irony, and silly...where are all the offended people?
I like tomato's they are nice. I some how find this has help polarized me in becoming more STO by learning to accept other peoples view points in good humor! A thread well made, albeit a little bit of a laugh! Tongue
Tomatoes aren't a very good medium with which to polarize negatively. There's so little suffering to enjoy from them.
(02-16-2015, 04:51 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I like tomato's they are nice. I some how find this has help polarized me in becoming more STO by learning to accept other peoples view points in good humor! A thread well made, albeit a little bit of a laugh! Tongue

A laugh? Really? You mean you aren't offended??
(02-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]Tomatoes aren't a very good medium with which to polarize negatively. There's so little suffering to enjoy from them.

Ah, finally! Thank you!
(02-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 04:51 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I like tomato's they are nice. I some how find this has help polarized me in becoming more STO by learning to accept other peoples view points in good humor! A thread well made, albeit a little bit of a laugh! Tongue

Not at all, i feel a very positive energy from your posts.
(02-16-2015, 05:03 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 04:59 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

Not at all, i feel a very positive energy from your posts.

Awww....thank you so much! Smile You just made my day! Heart Heart Heart
(02-16-2015, 04:08 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 03:53 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]No. really, are you going to change your signature as a result of the discourse here?

I am considering it. But I could really use your advice. Do you think Eating Tomatoes is STS would be ok? Or would that offend anyone?

In my opinion you shouldn't change your signature unless it comes from you.

From a different perspective aren't tomatoes also 2D? Animals aren't the only 2D entities on this sphere. Things made of matter are also entities, but it takes a higher level of empathy to feel the needs of entities of 1D. All is One, nothing is more or less the Creator than anything else.

(02-16-2015, 04:33 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 04:19 PM)Ashim Wrote: [ -> ]The tomatoes are a silly idea, although they do form the base of my wonderful (vegetarian) spaghetti sauce.

OK now I'm really confused! I just got a LOT of flack for my sig. Why would changing it to tomatoes be silly? Won't that offend a lot of people who like to eat tomatoes?

Can someone please explain this to me?  Huh

It could be silly because it wouldn't reflect anything to anyone unlike your actual signature does. Be happy at the attention it gets, mine which states "There is no right or wrong, all is well" gets no attention.  Tongue
(02-16-2015, 05:16 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]It could be silly because it wouldn't reflect anything to anyone unlike your actual signature does.

Why?
(02-16-2015, 05:20 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 05:16 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]It could be silly because it wouldn't reflect anything to anyone unlike your actual signature does.

Why?

Why do people react so much at your signature? It is because it reflects an inner conflict that is in them, else it would get no attention. 

Maybe it could reveal inner conflicts in some people, speaking of tomatoes would be rare, but I've read an article of a man who didn't eat or drink for 70 years, I guess this type of entity would feel bad about eating vegetables too, and does not wish to sustain his existence by taking from the Earth.
Pages: 1 2 3