Bring4th

Full Version: [split] Buddhism and the Law of One
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moderator note: the following 13 posts have been split from this thread.

Of course there is a "downside" to being "touched" by the Law of One,.....at least for me. 

The new "awakeness" makes it very hard to fall into some of the old behavior patterns we may have relied upon in dealing with other-self transactions. (At least for me.)

It is almost a voice in the ear saying, "You know better than this." Yes, we are human,....we backslide. But when we do,...there is an awareness of the in-balance, or disharmony we've created that is almost painful. It is more present for me than pre Law of One exposure. It is harder for me to distract myself, or justify to myself things I would have buried with "bread and circuses".

Even harder, is the understanding as it is happening, of the recurring catalyst in our life. The repetition of situations forcing us to see ourselves, and grow.

I try, try, try to avoid and armor against it. It just leads to that nagging uncomfortable feeling of, "You know what your doing here,.....now face it."

What a brilliant, full immersion, Virtual Reality game this seems to be. How pale in comparison the attempts we make at the same types of creation, (Video Games, etc.).

I'm curious if we have had any Buddhist members to the forum? There seems so much in common with both philosophies. Even at the information exchange level. 

I'll wager the same effect takes place with Buddhist teachings. A group of people go to a sitting, or teaching,.....and everyone takes away a different level of message. The "density" of information transferred being directly proportional to the level of "understanding" already present in the "learner".
i despise buddhism.
(02-26-2015, 10:28 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]i despise buddhism.

Why?
(02-27-2015, 06:13 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

i see flaws in it others don't.

i don't wish to debate this, to each their own.
(02-28-2015, 06:10 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

I doubt there is anything without flaws on this sphere.
(02-28-2015, 06:10 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]

Why?

I was just curious. I wouldn't debate Buddhism since I don't know enough about it to do so. Smile However, I'm perfectly capable of debating on the flaws as subjects themselves. Tongue
I think Buddhism is a wonderful philosophy , i haven't personally seen any major flaws in it. I agree that anything in 3rd density will be distorted be it the Law of One to any of the main religions.
Doesn't Buddhism hold this opinion:

"Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment."

?
(03-03-2015, 09:01 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't Buddhism hold this opinion:

"Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment."

?

I am fine with the belief that I may never reach nirvana in this life. I'm too focused on the material world.
That's fine, because of the adventure I'll have after this life.

?

Yes, which sounds curiously identical to the description of 7th density: "At the seventh level or dimension, we shall, if our humble efforts are sufficient, become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all."
(03-04-2015, 12:32 AM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

?

Yes, which sounds curiously identical to the description of 7th density: "At the seventh level or dimension, we shall, if our humble efforts are sufficient, become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all."

Sweetie, I respect your interpretation, but I see it a bit differently. Ra's words and the words of what I quoted seem to stand in opposite directions to me. One side says that you have to erase yourself in order to reach the "nirvana" and the other one says that you have to clear or cleanse yourself so that the light energy of all things can enter into you and the realization of the One can occur. And nothing is to be repressed or erased. Smile

Anyways, what I asked is whether the quote I mentioned in my earlier post was something that Buddhism was about. 

?

That's my problem with Buddhism, it feels like a denial of self and other-selves. They don't believe in the soul and in my opinion it brings stagnance of growth. They don't believe there is any free will either. Although there may be different schools of teaching.
(03-04-2015, 12:51 AM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Sweetie, I respect your interpretation, but I see it a bit differently. Ra's words and the words of what I quoted seem to stand in opposite directions to me. One side says that you have to erase yourself in order to reach the "nirvana" and the other one says that you have to clear or cleanse yourself so that the light energy of all things can enter into you and the realization of the One can occur. And nothing is to be repressed or erased. Smile

Anyways, what I asked is whether the quote I mentioned in my earlier post was something that Buddhism was about. 

I guess I never equated "erased" as being entirely concomitant with "repression".  However, it seems from my vantage point that the "cleansing" that occurs through the evolution of the densities results, ultimately, in the dissolution of the little self which then realizes its congruency with the Big Self.  As Ra said, no identity in 7th density.  So perhaps I shouldn't even be calling it a "big self", since "self" would seemingly imply identity.  And I guess I don't see "cleansing" as being significantly different from "erasure".  If you are cleansing yourself of impurities or distortions, and the impurities/distortions cleansed result in no identity, that would seem the same thing as "erasure" of impurities to me.  But like I said, I don't equate either with repression, so I see why you might interpret it differently.  In any case, it's probably just semantics.  Tongue

One might argue that if the personal and finite self/identity is an illusion (since it appears to be transcended in the 7th density), the only way to "obliterate" it or "erase" that falsity is to accept truth, which is not repression, but rather, just seeing what is.  I'm not partial to the language which makes it sound like some kind of destruction, however.  One could even call it the destruction of falsehood, but I prefer to think of it as: releasing resistance to truth.

And as far as I'm aware, Buddhists generally don't see the little self as being "real" (in a permanent way) in the first place, so it is more just seeing the impermanence of all things (or seeing things "how they really are" from their perspective).  And I'm not necessarily advocating Buddhism here, as I've mentioned my misgivings about Buddhism [earlier in this] thread.
  Hello from Seoul, South Korea.

What a fantastic discussion, started by just an off-chance mention while replying on a different thread.
  So,...I thought I would chime in with my understandings / distortions regarding my attempts in living The Middle Way,....which is what Buddhists try to practice.

Before achieving "enlightenment", Siddhartha Gautama, (Buddha.) attempted a life of self-denial. He followed the same ascetic practices that "monks" of the time practiced. 
  It wasn't until he started taking care of himself, eating, and living in moderation, that he was free from enough suffering to fully connect with intelligent infinity. 

It's not about self-denial / denial-of-self,....but about ultimately reducing suffering. The belief is that MUCH,..... (Not all.).......but much,..... of our suffering comes from our cravings, aversions, and karma.

The goal is to live in such a mindful way, that one understands the self, and the world, as it truly is. To live in moderation. To see the self, (Buddha) in other selves. (The meaning of the phrase,..."Nemaste",......"I bow to you", I humble myself,  because I see the Buddha in you.)

If one can come to truly understand their cravings and aversions, to see the object of their desire or distaste as neither bad or good, but just as it is,...one can lose the desire to waste so much energy on pursuing or avoiding it. 

Your not denying yourself anything, because you no longer desire it. 

It is not prerequisite to completely deny yourself in order to achieve nirvana. (Freedom from suffering). The Buddha only achieved it after ceasing to deny himself.

However, I am only in the beginning stages of this journey.  

I try to live mindfully, but I backslide into thoughtless behavior.

I try to live humbly, but pride can temporarily blind me.

I try to live in moderation, but craving and aversion are still present in my life. 

I'm not denying myself anything. I still have desires and wants. (After all these years Michele and I are still,.....well,....."intense".) There is nothing wrong with this. There is nothing wrong about being human.

It is when I mortgage my spiritual energy in pursuit of things that bring only temporary pleasure, when suffering starts to creep in to my life.

Extreme Example)- Think of the immense amount of Spiritual Energy one will waste on a quick "affair".
 At face value, ....without mindful understanding,....it is a lustful craving for a temporary pleasure. It rarely ends up with the type of intense energy exchange that takes place with a true life partner / soul mate.

Yet we will waste huge amounts of physical, spiritual, and karmic energy in pursuit of this temporary pleasure, forgetting the cumulative negative effects. (look at suffering we cause ourselves and others in the pursuit.)

If we spent time in contemplation of these cravings, not denying them, but accepting them and looking at them, we learn the root of the craving.

We find that the desire goes far beyond a physical pleasure search, it is rooted in a deep need for connection to other selves. 

This is but one example, it is just to show the glaring dichotomy of our cravings and aversions. We crave pleasure, to distract us from our suffering, but the craving of the pleasure causes more suffering.

Ultimately, it's about getting to the root of our cravings, attachments, and aversions. Understanding them,....so as to reduce our suffering. 

How'd I do with this meandering post?
Buddhism is a good philosophy and best medicine for alleviating spiritual pain. Though it has some flaws it's a humanistic religion. I believe, along with Taoism, it forms a good composition.

I heard that there are even buddhist extraterrestrials Smile
Just because an ET is a buddhist doesn't make them a role model.
(03-15-2015, 04:08 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Just because an ET is a buddhist doesn't make them a role model.

Well, i haven't said they are role model. just wanted to give an info Smile
(03-15-2015, 04:12 PM)bosphorus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2015, 04:08 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Just because an ET is a buddhist doesn't make them a role model.

Well, i haven't said they are role model. just wanted to give an info Smile

Oh, I didn't mean anything by it. I was just stating info as well. A buddhist ET is probably of STO nature.
Though I'd treat them like any person, without putting them on a pedestal.

AngelofDeath

Does the report button work? Doesn't seem to do anything for me.
(03-18-2015, 12:02 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Does the report button work? Doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Works for me. Gotta hit it more than once sometimes, though.
When all is seen as self there are no words, no concept of self: Emptiness. This is Zen Buddhism: Buddhism empty and not an ideal, just no-self paradoxically embodied.

Oneness is without distinction, without the concept of self as the true self is no concept, no thing, infinite identity that is allsilent.