Bring4th

Full Version: Generating Loving Thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some good ways to generate loving thoughts?
I want to get my green ray going and send positive energy to where it is needed.
I also want to keep my lower 3 chakras in balance so that I don't overactivate my green ray.

AngelofDeath

Well the easiest way is to focus on some symbol or image which represents the energy you intend to send out. Then you just visualize the energy filling you up and radiating out to whomever you want to receive it.
(03-18-2015, 09:44 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Well the easiest way is to focus on some symbol or image which represents the energy you intend to send out. Then you just visualize the energy filling you up and radiating out to whomever you want to receive it.

That's easy. Anthros always do it for me. But they have to be canine or lupine anthros. And male. Not even sexual, just their body in its furriness really gets the heart center going.

AngelofDeath

(03-19-2015, 12:13 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2015, 09:44 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]Well the easiest way is to focus on some symbol or image which represents the energy you intend to send out. Then you just visualize the energy filling you up and radiating out to whomever you want to receive it.

That's easy. Anthros always do it for me. But they have to be canine or lupine anthros. And male. Not even sexual, just their body in its furriness really gets the heart center going.

/shrug

Whatever works for you. Not sure excitation of the heart always equates with activation of the heart center, but who knows.
(03-18-2015, 08:46 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]What are some good ways to generate loving thoughts?

start with those closest to you, in this case, probably your mother.

Observe when you don't think kind thoughts about her (ie unloving thoughts) and then try to backtrack the narrative to the seed point - what triggered the chain of thoughts in the first place.  

Once you have the seed thought, you can try to find an earlier memory that it's connected with.  In that way, you can keep going back in time, to find the true incident that triggered the path of thoughts.  It will usually be a sense of betrayal, or mistrust, or that she wasn't there for you as a child (or didn't take your side in an issue involving other family members).  Once you can forgive the first trauma, the first moment you felt unloved by your mother, the rest of the memories will fall down like a trail of dominoes.  That's how powerful forgiveness can be if you apply it directly to the first trauma.  Trying to forgive things at a later stage also works, but it never gets to the first cause.  The first moment one felt unloved by the person who a child expects constant love from - your mother.

This isn't easy - and it involves some serious soul searching - but it's worth doing.  I had the classic experience of being the oldest child, and then feeling betrayed once my younger sister came along (she is 3 years younger than me, my brother 2 years younger).  The first incident of feeling unloved by my mother was when my sister was still being breastfed, and my mum was on one side of the room, and I was on the other.  My sister (quite obviously) was getting all the attention, and I was just standing there feeling all alone.  Unvalued and unappreciated.  It's a child's way of misinterpreting a situation, and that misinterpretation was never later discussed or reassessed.  But that feeling of hurt stays with one until it is consciously forgiven.
You could try Metta Practice. You start by thinking of the feelings of someone you love very much, then you extend it to someone you dislike or are having problems with then to all sentient beings. This is the method i was taught by a monk.
Metta is a very beautiful practice. As easy as saying "May loving awareness be with you"

or "May peace be with you"

I find if i send metta I have an inner courage to face anything or any shadow.
It seems that nothing (no matter how loving) can help me face my shadow.
Gemini I don't think your shadow is insurmountable. Just set your loving intent and be on your way.

I know there were times in my life where I felt my shadow ruled my life. All that was needed is a bit of loving and understanding. Along with releasing the negative disempowering beliefs I had of myself.

I can love my shadow. I can see him and I can know him.
(03-21-2015, 10:04 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]I can love my shadow. I can see him and I can know him.

with Jung's original conception of the 'shadow', it just represents all those aspects of consciousness that one has experienced, but disowned.  

to really understand how the shadow works, you need to investigate the mechanism of 'projection', as that is how the shadow is experienced by the self.  

Once you get a firm grasp of projection, and start noticing how it is almost constantly at play, the acceleration in progress is unbelievable.