Bring4th

Full Version: Do you like or dislike work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your job, do you enjoy it?
I do. I get to work from home virtually every day.
We just have to do development plans.
And end of the year evaluations.
It is a politically correct organization.
So I have to watch my jokes.
Everyone seems so serious.
Though my boss is cool.
She talks about kittens and unicorns a lot.
If I won the lottery I might still stay there,
because it gives me something to do.
I view work as a necessity. I don't enjoy it nor do I dislike it so much, but without the need to I surely wouldn't work.
You're probably right. without the need I'm not sure if I'd be working. Certainly not getting up at 8am.
Work offers some good catalyst, if i wasn't working i probably would just be sitting around the house if i am to be honest. Its good for our yellow rays.
I love to work. I derive a lot of satisfaction and personal identity from my work ethic.

But the flip side of that attitude is that I can't just have "some job, eh, it pays the bills, whatever," I have to be doing something that I believe in and is a good cause and feel I'm appreciated.

Ya, I'm a PITA, I know. Luckily I've got that in my life, so things are great.
I only work so I have sufficient resources to Work.

AngelofDeath

To build great things takes work. Sometimes you have to do work you don't want to do to complete the Great Work you do want to do.
Work in my case seem to be about bringing social interactions which I have a tendency to avoid.
I can't believe how much I miss my old job and my old coworkers. I have dreams about going back almost every night - and it usually involved an 800 mile commute, which I don't mind too much. Last night I had a very sweet moment of satisfaction when I saw shifts written by my name on the posted schedule.
(03-20-2015, 09:44 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe how much I miss my old job and my old coworkers. I have dreams about going back almost every night - and it usually involved an 800 mile commute, which I don't mind too much. Last night I had a very sweet moment of satisfaction when I saw shifts written by my name on the posted schedule.

you in the process of looking for Work in your new location?

ps, when I left my McDonalds job after high school, I had similiar experiences with dreams and a sense of having lost friends and a place I belonged.  A lot of that had to do with the unfriendly college environment in which  I found myself in, and that I didn't cope very well with.

One other thing about the settings of dreams is that I used my family home as a setting for the longest time.  I think that gave me a clue for the unresolved issues I had (I lived in that house from 0 years old to age 24, when I moved out), and so the vast majority of my own blockages stemmed from early years, quite obviously.

It's only very recently - maybe in the last 3 months - that I've noticed that my dream settings are not utilising that location at all.
I'm not in the process of working for work yet, no. Possibly soon here. It's not the work I miss so much (waitressing) as my compatriots. Though waitressing *is* one of the best ways I can think of to do some work behind the scenes so to speak, it's definitely not all sunshine and roses.
I can't imagine a job I would like more. Getting to work from home is the bomb.
We just have to take certain courses to keep our skills up.
I've got a pretty decent gig going, myself. I do freelance blog ghostwriting, so I can write whenever and however I want, just as long as it gets done. And it gives me an excuse to "read the winds" so to speak in my industry-analysis columns, as well as giving useful advice on occasion.

I could certainly be doing more, but it pays the bills and I'm pretty sure I'm doing less harm than good in the grand scheme.
I am not employed at the moment because I am a stay at home mother. My daughter attends day care one day a week, and so when she's at school I do volunteer work at op/thrift/charity shop and I really enjoy it. I know while I am donating my time I sorta feel that am doing it for myself more than for others, mostly because it's been really good for my depression and I feel valued being there.

michael430

[deleted]
I work for a large bank doing reports. Sometimes web development.
I am lazy, but I still do my work.
I took today off because I didn't want to work.
But the job is pretty chill.
My boss thinks I'm better than I really am.
(03-21-2015, 07:21 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a pretty decent gig going, myself.  I do freelance blog ghostwriting, so I can write whenever and however I want, just as long as it gets done.  And it gives me an excuse to "read the winds" so to speak in my industry-analysis columns, as well as giving useful advice on occasion.

I could certainly be doing more, but it pays the bills and I'm pretty sure I'm doing less harm than good in the grand scheme.

That sounds like a cool job
I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing.
Work can be more than our paid job. It can be any work that we do.

I love sending love energy out into the Universe. I love connecting with my social memory complex.
These works I enjoy.