Bring4th

Full Version: 2D life on moons of Jupiter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week NASA confirmed the presence of a massive ocean beneath the icy surface of Ganymede. This means in our solar system alone there are so far 4 potential satellites that hold liquid water; Jupiter's moon Europa and Saturn moons Enceladus and Titan (although Titan's ocean is primarily composed of liquid methane rather than H2O.)

What do you think are the chances of life thriving underneath the ice sheets?
I feel fairly optimistic that there is going to be evidence at least some form of microbial life either on Titan or Europa. Hopefully the Cassini probe will shed some more light on this subject and we'll soon explore these vast oceans.

[Image: europa_rebooted.jpg?x=648&y=429&crop=1]
Personally, I'm holding out hope for there being life in the atmosphere of Jupiter or Saturn, perhaps something like floating jellyfish. It's a hugely energy-rich environment, especially with so many electrical storms. And at the middle layers, you'd have situations not entirely unlike deep sea trenches on Earth. There could easily be an entire ecosystem in the gas giants, if life ever got a foothold there.
I think the official criteria for 2D life set by mainstream science is extremely narrow.

I'm not sure why it's taken this long to read between the lines in the Ra Material, but we already know that life can survive in seemingly impossible conditions:

89.28 Wrote:Questioner: What was Ra’s average total population incarnate on Venus in third density, the number?
Ra: I am Ra. We were a small population which dwelt upon what you would consider difficult conditions. Our harvest was approximately 6 million 500 thousand mind/body/spirit complexes. There were approximately 32 million mind/body/spirit complexes repeating third density elsewhere.

In other sections, Ra states they evolved from second density on Venus. So if 2D life can survive on a planet as harsh as Venus, I'm sure there are other bodies in the solar system capable of 2D life. I would even venture there may be 2D life in the solar system on one or more bodies. I'm very hopeful it will be officially found in my lifetime.
Keep in mind, I don't believe he ever gave specific timeframes for that. Given how many gigantic changes Earth has gone through in the last couple billion years, it's entirely possible he's talking about a much different Venus than the one we know today.

We know very little about its history, since it's so mind-bogglingly inhospitable at the moment.
Parsons! Venus used to support 3D life! it doesn't anymore.
(03-24-2015, 05:47 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I think the official criteria for 2D life set by mainstream science is extremely narrow.

I'm not sure why it's taken this long to read between the lines in the Ra Material, but we already know that life can survive in seemingly impossible conditions:

89.28 Wrote:Questioner: What was Ra’s average total population incarnate on Venus in third density, the number?
Ra: I am Ra. We were a small population which dwelt upon what you would consider difficult conditions. Our harvest was approximately 6 million 500 thousand mind/body/spirit complexes. There were approximately 32 million mind/body/spirit complexes repeating third density elsewhere.

In other sections, Ra states they evolved from second density on Venus. So if 2D life can survive on a planet as harsh as Venus, I'm sure there are other bodies in the solar system capable of 2D life. I would even venture there may be 2D life in the solar system on one or more bodies. I'm very hopeful it will be officially found in my lifetime.

I believe it was mentioned that back when Ra inhibited Venus, the planet wasn't as close to the sun as it is today, thus the levels of Carbon Dioxide were stable enough to support life. However I do agree that life can thrive in extremely harsh conditions (ex: Tardigrade, a micro-animal that can survive in the vacuum of space for days)  thats why I am optimistic about the possibility of life moons of Jupiter and Saturn.
@Bluebell, Ra states we wouldn't be able to survive. As far as I know, they never stated it was no longer suitable for 3D life of their 3rd density bodies.

6.6 Wrote:Questioner: Then you… Would it be possible to take one of the people at that time from our planet and place him on Venus? Would he survive? Were conditions much [inaudible]?
Ra: The third-density conditions are not hospitable to the life-forms of your peoples. The fifth and sixth dimensions of that planetary sphere are quite conducive to growing/learning/teaching.

I could be mistaken, but I don't remember them stating Venus would no longer support 2nd density life.

@indiGo33, I think I may remember reading that vaguely, but I'm not able to find any supporting quote. Anyone else know? *coughβαθμιαίοςcoughcough*
i'm pretty sure Ra said Venus was unsupportive of 3D life.