Bring4th

Full Version: Job = Artist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I have been growing as an artist lately in life, I have come to a new realization that I am still getting used to...that is that I don't have to do it all. I realize that it truly is enough to simply be the artist, be the product.

My new challenge (which is fun!) is to trust my discernment in the forging of new connections. I have discovered my worth, and my capabilities, now it is time to share the workload and do what I am best at.

I would love to hear if any of you have experienced such a transition, or are undergoing one at this time. At the very least, I felt the need to see my thoughts on this in writing, and I am glad to have done that here Smile
Attention, important. The whole subject.
I am experiencing right now 'nation' and 'not doing it'. Artists happen to have it deep with human body, ...including people who they live with. Nobody can care for it, so sick business can be present if you are an artist but do not do it. For me to do it means to have a great spiritual time.

Personally I had to decide on medium. I do only pastel. I save it on money. This is for work that looks kind of traditional. And then I do graphic work to establish a new way for art and personalities that do art. Concerning the last type, I know a couple of personalities (not from my country) that are like-so. I can't do anything sane about it. The style is very forcing. They already have things set, as I see it, publishing or product printing. I have national magazine in mind, but no answer. It is tough to accept the email communication. So if somebody is interested, I do have links.

Recently I also tried to recover the connections. It's people who I grew up with. Call it local. It came to a point where I started to imagine myself teaching. I know techniques.

When I tried to get an 'answer' on how to sell artwork, the answer was 'What others do right now?'. Because several years ago I saw people doing comissions. So now they send paper rolls in the mail. So I should wait...
Uhhhh, what? lol.
what is your decision
I admire artists. What style do you do? Surrealism?
Or do you prefer realistic?
(03-28-2015, 12:39 PM)Blunt Force Wrote: [ -> ]what is your decision

In any team, there are roles to fill. I am allowing myself to build/attract a brilliant team, knowing that my primary role is to be the product/artist.
(03-28-2015, 03:34 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I admire artists. What style do you do? Surrealism?
Or do you prefer realistic?

My drawings are surreal more so than realistic. My music is heavily surreal.
Ok, my bad, a team, okay OKAI
(03-28-2015, 05:47 PM)Blunt Force Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, my bad, a team, okay OKAI

Haha, no worries.
Do you channel your artworks from a higher dimension?
When I took DMT, the barrier between space/time and time/space looked like this geometry (hyperspace):

[attachment=1333]
@GW gate
Even previously several times (seldom because I have another major graphic profession) I had a vision of a whole composed painting, but to execute that was impossible. It felt like a push to actually make a painting. When I finished it I could not see just what is the point of an image. What I now see or create or generate in realm is to be seen in realm. Nobody needs to meet that in the internet. I am also dealing with a thing when internet is a kind of a frame for an artwork.
Now I just have a hand.
(03-28-2015, 06:42 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Do you channel your artworks from a higher dimension?

By lightening up my mental/emotional state and simply having fun creating/channeling art for it's own sake, one could say I am effectively informed by higher density energies in as much as it is relevant for me to be for whatever particular piece I am creating/channeling at that time.
I think being an artist comes with a responsibility. I don't consider certain expressions art unless the artist has given something of vision, which is exactly what those not of an artistic nature can't do—visualize and bring that into 2D or 3D existence for others to see or experience. So if one is an artist, what would be the reason at all? I think it would be to share the talent of visualization and manifestation of the visions.
I said that stuff already exists in 'there', on the other side, inside. The Greeks said do not create a shadow for an existing tree, to clone to double, to make an idea of a tree, support the idea of a tree. Listen longer, wider.
I can double your head. Get some A shoulders.
I do, I do have a part in my gallery titled 'vision' exactly.
I'm picking up what you're putting down Turtle. I am working on those things as well.
(03-29-2015, 02:41 PM)Blunt Force Wrote: [ -> ]I can double your head.

o_O

Reading your posts is an adventure I enjoy!
I think it's a spambot...a very very tricky one.
call me Alice
[Image: we__re_all_mad_here_by_insanityiswhispering-d55dxsc.jpg]
I don't have art as a job. I started it again as a serious hobby back on 9/20/17, and for a few weeks was putting 6 hours a day into it.
I'm 40 years old, so have somewhat of a late start. But my brain is fully developed so that's a plus.

Progress is slow, but I have all the time in the world, not working currently, on disability.

My interest is in furry anthros getting along and friendship with humans. Or sometimes showing the struggle between them.
But I have to learn to draw humans and anthros both.

I'm waiting in the next few days to set up my new Cintiq Pro 16 drawing tablet. I've wanted to do digital painting.

Maybe post-apocalyptic scenes where anthros are helping humans. Or maybe they're fighting.

I have ideas, but I want to draw somewhat realistically.

My preferred drawing software will be Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 8.5. I already own it. Just waiting on a card for my computer to hook up the tablet, which came in today.
Get yourself a copy of "The Complete Bridgman's Guide to Drawing From Life" by George Bridgman. It will give you a major boost in understanding how to draw anatomy.
(10-16-2017, 04:17 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Get yourself a copy of "The Complete Bridgman's Guide to Drawing From Life" by George Bridgman. It will give you a major boost in understanding how to draw anatomy.

Thanks. I want my style to be somewhat realistic. Maybe between comic book and real life. Though cartoony in other areas.

I've probably drawn a couple of thousand times in my life, but just gotta keep at it. They say it takes 10,000 hours to master anything.

I have been good at portraits. I also ordered a portable tablet for drawing on the go, so I can draw from life when I'm out.

There are not really lines in the real world, so my trick is to learn to draw with shades.

I still have to buy an SD card, but that's not urgent, because the tablet has internal memory of like 32GB. That's plenty, even with all the software it comes with, since drawings don't take up a lot of space.

Another thing I want to learn is environments. But they aren't as critical. I'm mostly interested in character development, and how to pose the characters with perspective.

Not many people draw friendly werewolves. So I kind of want to go that route.
That sounds fun, well definitely pick up that book then because it's for drawing realistic anatomy, it'll help give you that edge for sure. I would say start with human anatomy first and really get a good understanding of human anatomy and then from there you just modify the human anatomy for whatever anthro you are drawing. This book will teach you how to do anatomy through shading as well, it's for life drawing. So if you combine that with some more comic style I think you'll get something really cool.

Absolutely, practice is everything. Read about "negative space" as that is a fundamental concept to drawing. I would also pick up a book on Perspective for Artists, there is one by that name actually that I have but I cant't seem to find it so I'm not sure who the author is.

You might also wanna to buy one of those posable drawing dolls, they are really helpful for coming up with poses and learning anatomy.
I've been using this anatomy training course: https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-figur...4/overview
I did it before and got to the skeleton, but have since started over. I will begin again when I get my tablet set up.

Yeah, the book is ordered.

The Sketchbook software I bought is like $30 a year subscription, but I can use it on all my devices.

I'll hold off on the posing doll. I've got to learn hands and fingers for one. Those are the hardest I hear. As are eyes.

I think a hard thing will be to draw muscles under fur. Like how fur will look laying on top of muscles. Not really bulky muscles, but athletic or such.

So much to learn like expression, and I have to learn females as well. I've made some progress in less than a month, so I think I'll do fine in the next 5-10 years.
Yeah you should study the paintings of people who do traditional animal paintings so get an understanding of how the fur flow works. It just takes time! Hands, fingers, feet, etc are definitely the hardest part of the body to draw lol Good luck man!
I'm pretty good at copying, so I've got to work on developing unique characters, and the realism.

Here is one anthro that I copied (took me an hour to draw). I can't seem to find the original I drew from.

[Image: anthro_drawing_1_hour.jpg]

And I've been alright with portraits. I did this one of John Travolta back in 2008.

[Image: travolta_portrait.jpg]

So I do have patience, although lately I haven't spent more than like 5 mins on a sketch. More when I am drawing from a photo.
Hey that's a lot better than a lot of people! I think you'll develop as an artist for sure. That's okay, quick sketching is actually a really good way to develop your skills to. Sketch, sketch, sketch, it doesn't all have to be glamorous.
I think there might be a relation/connection between some types of arts such as drawing or painting and lust.
For a while I had become very manic and as a symptom or whatever very lustful.

I didn't approach females. maybe 'cause I'm too introverted most of the time. So instead I felt this urge to draw these crazy fantasies on paper.
I suddenly became ten times better at drawing and one of those nights I dreamt I'm painting on the back of my hand and arms. I woke up and Started doing that. My veins were quite visible so the trees and other things I drew on them looked quite cool.

But after the manic episode ended. I lost interest in drawing and got rid of the embarassing drawings I had done.

I always see the talents I have and the things I can/should do in dreams. I just have to follow these messages.