Bring4th

Full Version: Our Shadow Self
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is our Shadow Self "That Which Is Not"?

Is it the "evil" part of us?

Is it always dark?
The Shadow Self is the part of yourself you find unacceptable or don't acknowledge. Any desire or behavior you suppress is a part of that Shadow. While "evil" qualities, such as a desire to commit murder or manipulate others can easily be a part of it, it can also include parts of the self that one is simply ashamed of, such as personality flaws or taboo sexual desires. If someone was purposefully trying to be an embodiment of hate, then their latent capacity for love and compassion would be a part of their Shadow.

To honestly face the Shadow and accept it as a part of you illuminates that which was hidden, and it ceases being anything "dark". Like the Devil card, it is a guardian of the deeper mysteries of the Self.
I sometimes think people may actually have two "shadows," a light and a dark shadow. The light one would be, more or less, the reflection of the positive qualities they aspire towards, and their own abilities they have yet to realize. Their personal god, to balance out their personal demon. To embrace both, I think, would be a powerful act of self-unification.

(Or vice-versa, for the negatives. Wink )
Hello Dear Gemini Wolf,

There are no divisions but those We are making Our-Selves.

All I have Best in me for You