Bring4th

Full Version: Bird Language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently had someone point me towards a book called What The Robin Knows by Jon Young. It teaches you how to understand what birds are saying, which in turn develops a greater awareness and ability to commune with the natural environment. Pretty awesome! All animals inherently takes cues from one another as to what is going on in their environment. The more you learn to read those cues, the more you can become a part of the story being communicated in nature.

Link to the book and various cds/dvds.

Bird language video clips.

I don't agree with everything said, but here Jon discusses his background and what he hopes to accomplish.

To give a quick summary about his background, Jon was mentored by the widely known tracker and nature skills teacher Tom Brown Jr. Tom was mentored by an Apache. There were a group of Apache's that did not participate in defending their land when the cavalry was sweeping across the land. They instead disappeared into the wilderness to continue living as they wished, eventually making their way into society. One of these Apache's began mentoring Tom, who mentored Jon. So when you study any info offered by either, you're receiving ancient Apache knowledge.
I'm actually really interested in this, the last few magic mushroom experiences I had, the birds were very prevalent in my journey's.
Cool! Yeah it's an interesting topic, especially with the spiritual significance of birds throughout history.

"Unwitting humans create a zone of disturbance that scatters the wildlife. Respectful humans who heed the birds acquire an awareness that radically changes the dynamic. We are welcome in their habitat. The birds don’t fly away. The larger animals don’t race off. No longer hapless intruders, we now find, see, and engage the deer, the fox, the red-shouldered hawk—even the elusive, whispering wren."
Thanks for the recommendation, Icaro. I just received a second-hand book last week. I'm still reading another book so I haven't read it yet, but ofcourse I've already been browsing through it Smile Btw the book I'm currently reading is slightly related and describes several Batavi techniques on how to communicate with trees using either a pendelum, a dowsing rod or through telepathy. An awesome book which sadly has only been published in Dutch.
(05-14-2015, 09:00 AM)sunnysideup Wrote: [ -> ]how to communicate with trees

I need to learn Dutch apparently...

Icaro, have you had any personally successive results in these teachings?  My house is riddled with birds always all around it, constantly.  If I could go outside and just sit there and connect to nature literally through communication via understanding logically, I might be just a lot happier in my life.
sunnysideup - Awesome..I think it's possible to communicate with everything. I have a book called Plant Spirit Shamanism: Traditional Techniques for Healing the Soul that is in the same vein.

VanAlioSaldo - Oh absolutely. I only know just a little bit and a new world has opened up. The other week I was watching two crows on the ground and they took off in what looked like an alarming manner and flew up to some trees. I thought to myself that a hawk was coming, and sure enough about 8 seconds later one passed through. By really investigating sounds I hear, I know what calls and chirps hummingbirds make for instance. Armed with that knowledge it is astonishing to realize that there are lots of them around all the time! If you're only just looking for them you'll rarely see them because of how fast they are. But now when I hear them I can look and easily spot them. Then again I recently moved from the east coast to the west and maybe they're in abundance here, but still.

Here's an example of one type of in-flight sound they make https://youtu.be/3CcUO9MdFpg  When they're sitting in a tree they make more of a scriiich scriiich scriiich scriiich type sound.
Their chirps sound like high-tension wire.
Heh..I see what you're saying.