Bring4th

Full Version: The End of Meaningless Jobs (Singularity Hub article)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's an article I just found interesting.

Singularity Hub seems to publish a lot of interesting articles. Besides the obvious topic (the Singularity), Singularity Hub seems to, overall, publish essays about technology, decentralization, and the economy. Their total amount of articles compared to other blogs is significantly less. They seem to average one or two articles a day that they publish. They seem to also be part of the Singularity University network (it appears to be the official online magazine of the university).

This article seems to focus on how automation impacts the economy. A lot of people see automation as a bad thing, as it is commonly seen to displace workers. But this article talks about how, in the future, this will allow people to be able to pursue more philosophical, creative pursuits. There seems to be a heavy theme of decentralization and the economy in current articles.

Take a look, and I hope you enjoy!

The End of Meaningless Jobs is a Win For Us All (SingularityHUB)

Edit: I also forgot to mention that this article shows us a glimmer of the foundation that 4D will be built on. It, at least, gives us a glimpse of what the transition before 4D will be like. I highly recommend other Singularity Hub articles. They seem to have increased their quality and scope in recent years.

AngelofDeath

In the book '2150 A.D.', this is exactly the case. All of society has unifed with their 'macro-awareness' and all needs are produced by technology so everyone spends all of their time fully immersed in the exploration and expansion towards greater macro-awareness which is what we would basically call becoming aware of unity.

AngelofDeath

Well, except those who by choice desire to dwell in a "micro-awareness" state, in which they are free to go to their own island, Micro Island, where they can act in micro ways. This island seems to be very similar the Hunger Games in its set up. Ruled by a macro-aware elite which manipulates all the masses.
They chose to stone the lady that wouldn't get pregnant. That part bothered me.

AngelofDeath

(04-02-2015, 01:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]They chose to stone the lady that wouldn't get pregnant. That part bothered me.

If you mean in '2150 A.D.', the lady is stoned because the main character refused to give himself over to the micro-society. There was nothing to do with pregnancy. In the end it is revealed that both her and the main character were serving karma for their actions in primitive society where they had gleefully stoned others to death.
(04-02-2015, 01:44 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 01:31 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]They chose to stone the lady that wouldn't get pregnant. That part bothered me.

If you mean in '2150 A.D.', the lady is stoned because the main character refused to give himself over to the micro-society. There was nothing to do with pregnancy. In the end it is revealed that both her and the main character were serving karma for their actions in primitive society where they had gleefully stoned others to death.

That seems like a pretty interesting book; I'd like to read it some time. If it takes place in more than one time period, then it seems similar to Cloud Atlas.
The Fountain also takes place in multiple time periods.
(04-02-2015, 01:52 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]The Fountain also takes place in multiple time periods.

Very true. Smile

AngelofDeath

(04-02-2015, 01:49 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2015, 01:44 PM)AngelofDeath Wrote: [ -> ]

That seems like a pretty interesting book; I'd like to read it some time. If it takes place in more than one time period, then it seems similar to Cloud Atlas.

It's not quite like that, there are only two time periods and they are parallel rather than being one leading or relating to the other. More just a guy going back and forth between his body in the 70's and his body in the future.

It is an excellent book though.
1. Accept the possibility of begging for bread and grapes in front of Wal-Mart.
2. Refuse to ever work a crappy job; Refer to 1. in times of doubt.
3. Enlightenment.
(04-02-2015, 07:11 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]1. Accept the possibility of begging for bread and grapes in front of Wal-Mart.
3. Enlightenment.

I've seen everything.
I've seen zen extremists who are trolls.
(04-02-2015, 07:11 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]1. Accept the possibility of begging for bread and grapes in front of Wal-Mart.
3. Enlightenment.

So all homeless people are enlightened?
Zen Buddhism was founded by poor homeless people because they were sick of rich elitist pricks monopolizing Buddhism.

They can be.
(04-02-2015, 07:23 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
3. Enlightenment.

So all homeless people are enlightened?

Only in sunyata. Hence...A1.
Let it be said: Most homeless people don't ask for food and shelter. They ask for the Paper de Crappy Job, "money." Homelessness can be a crappy job.

AngelofDeath

Have you ever been homeless?
I hope to be. I hope to have a body that does not require food, water or shelter by its inherent strength. I dream to be fully ascetic and not need these ritualistic insanities of inbreeding.
1. Find someone who loves you enough to put up with your bullshit and support you financially.
2. Refuse to ever work a day in your life; Refer to 1. in times of doubt.
3. Feign enlightenment.
1. Work your butt off in both crappy and non-crappy jobs.
2. Seek out spirituality to the best of your ability.
3. Never find even temporary Samadhi.
I don't know what I am going to do with work.  It feels like it's a matter of finding something which depresses me the least, rather than finding something I actually enjoy. 
(04-03-2015, 06:10 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]1. Find someone who loves you enough to put up with your bullshit and support you financially.
3. Feign enlightenment.

I support everyone doing the first: Everything that I don't value as "work" in society would fail; Breeding would be left to hippies who enjoy the simple life; Workaholicism would go extinct by virtue of depression against not having consumerist addictions fulfilled anymore.

Win: No more postmodernist addiction to money and pointless crap.

I don't need nor want this computer or anything else. I am happy with nothing and eating roots, bark and wild mushrooms. Why should I slave? For what currency that matters nothing to me?
(04-04-2015, 03:52 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2015, 06:10 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]1. Find someone who loves you enough to put up with your bullshit and support you financially.
3. Feign enlightenment.

I support everyone doing the first: Everything that I don't value as "work" in society would fail; Breeding would be left to hippies who enjoy the simple life; Workaholicism would go extinct by virtue of depression against not having consumerist addictions fulfilled anymore.

Win: No more postmodernist addiction to money and pointless crap.

I don't need nor want this computer or anything else. I am happy with nothing and eating roots, bark and wild mushrooms. Why should I slave? For what currency that matters nothing to me?

I don't get how you can say that you are an adherent of the left hand path and feign so much compassion for society.

I don't get it.

I feel like something's not clicking. Not that I demand my subsistence from you being on the left hand path.
My mind is not operational. I have to resist wanting to die everyday, I have to will myself to live everyday. My main occult workings nowadays are positive voices telling me not to ideate suicide and overuse my mental will.

I am broken. I am done attaching myself to any goal. I'm on the path of Zen.

Am I left-handed still? Only in the sense that I am fighting for my life, trying to prevent myself from going into schizophrenia without meds.

I truly shouldn't be alive: My entire subconscious mind is disintegrated into mania; It screams for relief.

Man I'm done being here but I choose to have compassion towards the major part of me that wants to live, and thus I am compassionate to anyone living through this BS world that has given me little except mental harm.

Left-hand has met right-hand. Peace.
Wanting to die all the time is generally considered to be a sign of extreme depression, Adonai.

Your path appears to be the exact opposite of mine.  Truly the happiest and most satisfying moments of my life were times of wanting something (a goal, if you will) and taking productive actions towards that goal.  That feeling of doing something you are perfectly and greatly desiring truly is the feeling of life coursing through you.  

To birth new desires and bring yourself into harmony with the actualization of said desires is the ultimate peak experience.  Self actualization makes you actually *want* to be alive, and look forward to each new day, for the new and exciting possibilities of experience it affords you.

It is resisting the natural momentum of these ever unfolding desires which is the antithesis of unity, or enlightenment, and the reason why anyone becomes tired, worn down, and yearning for death.  Instead you can *become* the momentum or flow itself, and in the absence of contradictory resistance to its unfolding, you will know the sublime bliss of union with the kinetic focusing of the Logos.
I think one's sense of well being and self worth is subjective; you must find it for yourself. Personally, I am very happy with simply being in this reality. However, I admit I do need a healthy portion of "doing" every couple of months.

Several times a week at minimum, I have very powerful moments of appreciation and happiness for being alive. Plus I have a general baseline of happiness. Don't get me wrong, I still have my challenges and struggles. A1, I know its hard to relate to what I'm saying, but I assure you I was every bit as broken as you at one point. 
(04-05-2015, 02:23 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]My mind is not operational. I have to resist wanting to die everyday, I have to will myself to live everyday. My main occult workings nowadays are positive voices telling me not to ideate suicide and overuse my mental will.

I am broken. I am done attaching myself to any goal. I'm on the path of Zen.

Am I left-handed still? Only in the sense that I am fighting for my life, trying to prevent myself from going into schizophrenia without meds.

I truly shouldn't be alive: My entire subconscious mind is disintegrated into mania; It screams for relief.

Man I'm done being here but I choose to have compassion towards the major part of me that wants to live, and thus I am compassionate to anyone living through this BS world that has given me little except mental harm.

Left-hand has met right-hand. Peace.

I appreciate your honesty Adonai.

You also explained your situation in this candid post, but perhaps others have forgotten or didn't realise the extent of your situation.

If one could truly see the situation in which another-self finds themself, then the only real genuine response would be compassion.   Compassion for the distortions that the other self has undertaken; compassion for their struggle to work through those distortions; compassion for the difficult journey it is to clothe oneself in the physical on such a distorted planet.  Many Wanderers choose to reject the social mileau in which they arrived.  Albert Schweitzer, for example, found his situation 'barbaric, even though he was born into a relatively good family situation, and received an adequate education and the requisite opportunities to pursue his callings.  

Tesla developed many yellow ray distortions, which ultimately prevented him from being able to collaborate, and ultimately, share his vision.

Crowley became caught up in metaphysics, and eventually became alienated from his fellow human beings.

So it's not easy being on this planet - for anyone, regardless of Wandererness or not.

but, as Parsons mentioned, given time, one can become more integrated and whole.  One can find a way to make peace with the environment and the society in which we chose to come down.  After all, these parameters were well known before hand, and still accepted as being 'tolerable' for the task ahead.

"There are events which were part of a program for this entity only in that they were possibility/probability vortices having to do with your societal culture. These events include the nature of the living or standard of living, the type of relationships entered into in your legal framework, and the social climate during the incarnation. The incarnation was understood to be one which would take place at harvest."

so we didn't take on board more than we thought we could bear.  It may strain and crush us at times, but we programmed much of which we currently choose to experience.  My path was not the easiest either.  But, like you, I found a companion - in your case a wife, in my case, a best friend - who proved a stalwart and dependable support through some very trying years in my early twenties.  I probably would not have survived if not for the aid (material and otherwise) which this still best-friend provided me without a second thought.  He shared what little he had; which is most likely similiar to your situation.

so all the best Adonai.
I totally missed your call Immanuel and instead chose to react to your surface expressions. The LOO phylosophy is predominently geared towards aiding others with specific issues. My greatest relief of all was the karmic info and how to get off, and stay off that wheel. I know what that darkness feels like and I can only hope that you dont give up on this forum as a potential to reignite. I am sorry Immanuel, truly I am.