Bring4th

Full Version: My Own Encounter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I only got to meet Carla once, and that was at Homecoming 2014, about 6 months ago.

There were 25 attendees that year, and so it was a cozy environment.

Jim sat with us throughout the two days and one evening, while Carla followed proceedings via a laptop webcam aimed at the group.  She could hear everything and see us from her bedroom, as she was bedridden by that stage.

Carla also got to talk to us - she gave the introductory address, as well as the closing one.  She also did her own Homecoming presentation which was singing songs (accompanied by Austin on the guitar in her room), and reading some poetry.  It was a deeply personal expression of her beliefs and her emotions; and the songs were cowritten by her brother.  

Lunchbreaks were two hours, and there was an opportunity for everyone to sign up to a roster for 20 minute private sittings with Carla in her room.  Some of the attendees were couples, so they went in together, so that everyone got to spend some personal time with her.

I had my own 20 minutes.  I'm not the best at small talk, and we had already met the night I got into town, but she asked a bit about my life back in Australia, and if I had 'a girl back home', etc etc.  We spoke for about ten minutes, and I could see she was getting a bit tired.  So I asked if it would be ok if we sat in quiet silence.  She said that would be great, and I offered her my hand.  Her hand seemed so full of tiny bones, I didn't squeeze too hard; I just held it softly.

And so we just shared some quiet time.   We both closed our eyes, and enjoyed the shared moment.  Every now and then, I'd open my eyes and still be drawn by her purple colored hair (she did it for Homecoming I presume BigSmile), but otherwise, it was just a moment of communion between two entities.  Jim was also in the room, reading a newspaper, ready to attend if Carla had any requests.

It was just a quiet, shared moment.

And that is my own encounter with Carla Rueckert.  Nearing the end of her life, and yet still radiating a bright love and affection to all those who had made the trip to their residence in Louisville.

thank you Jim.  thank you Don.  thank you Carla.  Your Work, which is encapsulated in these transcripts which we all hold so dear, is truly transformative and a clear expression of eternal principles.  My own journey has been as a truth seeker, and there is nothing that really compares with the lucidity and the truth-dense conveyances to be found in the Ra Material.  I have finally found my path with sure-footedness as a result of what is contained in the Law of One.  Thank you so much.
How very lucky of you, and how lovely, thanks for sharing your story.

I'm a bit sad that I will now never meet Carla, but giving Jim a big hug someday seems like a worthy consolation prize.
That sounds like a poignant and very special moment, Plenum.  That is so great that you felt led to share silence with Carla.  That's beautiful.  I would have been too nervous, or shy, to think of that.  It is a perfect moment the way you describe it, just perfect.  Abiding in love.  We so rarely do that in our busy lives.

I felt Carla's love onetime, personally, when I asked a question for the radio show.   Carla reached her love out to me and I felt my heart beam. It was just a felt experience of her loving energy as I listened to the show.  She didn't do anything but answer my question!  And still I felt her love and acceptance.  She is an inspiration, and to be like her would fulfill all of my aspirations in life.  Truly. 
Carla answered a question of mine on a radio show as well. I remember she laughed at the name HotSizzle that also had a question.

She didn't blame negative entities for her condition.