Bring4th

Full Version: Atheists vs Law of One-ers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do atheists get more out of life than one who follows the Law of One?

With the LOO you can imagine your imagination is happening for real.

With the LOO you have so much to look forward to after death.

With the LOO you find importance in the present moment.

I've been debating with my atheist friend.

AngelofDeath

Everyone finds a philosophy that fits them.
Law of One is an atheistic philosophy; There is not one deity mentioned except the self as all.

I see no fatherly theos, god in any of it except the self.

"Ra: Are you not all things?"

No, we are everything but a patriarchal figure that we are not worthy of being? *sarcasm*
Atheists are empowered in a way which is not congruent with those who possess the spiritual distortion towards the Law of One; while there exists a freedom in one who dismisses theological existential philosophies, being that little emphasis is placed on painstakingly attempting to balance and satisfy one's moral values to cultural standards and less focus is placed upon being of service in either way (merely as a generalization), the one who attends to spiritual acknowledgement and metaphysical alignment, due to their spiritual recognizance, are much more predisposed to successfully forging an alignment with "invisible" forces and amplifying one's awareness of the machinations which invigorate and guide the consciousness.

To ignore the one pilot and engineer of one's reality is to smack away the freely extended olive branch which is ever present in the recesses of one's essence and inhibit it from seeping into the forefront of one's psychospiritual awareness, especially when the refusal to secede to this set of divinely systematic principles stems from deep-seated/deep-seeded egocentric pride and the reluctance to allegedly "hand over" one's power and control in life to a force which is not readily perceived or directly apprehended, yet which is perpetually parallel.

To embrace such a force, not in a demeaningly submissive or condescendingly hierarchical way is to pave the way for the metaphysically reconfigurative and spiritually receptive and connective merging and alignment with that metaparadigm which generates one's awareness and oversees one's existential circumstances. The more "mystical/magical" side of existence may also be more greatly ascertained, especially when it is direct experience and not theoretical musing or purely speculative conjecture which is begotten from the willingness to dedicate the self to what may be considered the true owner and animator of the mind and soul.
My friend had direct experience of being out of body and flying around, but he still dismisses it as workings of the brain.
(04-06-2015, 09:30 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My friend had direct experience of being out of body and flying around, but he still dismisses it as workings of the brain.

Fascinating isn't it?  The absolutely insane amount of mental gymnastics a materialist atheist will go to explain away an obviously metaphysical event.  But I can't really blame them, as they, just like someone raised to be a fanatical religious acolyte, have been absolutely brainwashed by our culture to believe what the "experts" tell them to believe.  It's ironic that they cannot see how much they simply accept without ANY recourse to real evidence.  In some ways, it is even more than a fundamentalist religious zealot.  Everybody has their blind spots, I suppose.  I know I have my own.

The problem is: a materialist atheist simply cannot, and willfully will repel, the truth that there are actual things in this world, that are in *no way* physical, and yet, are STILL, nevertheless REAL.

Also, I often find, when probing a little bit deeper into their life perspectives, that they actually *disfavor* the idea of eternal existence.  Their sense of identity is rooted in matter, and they won't give it up without a fight.

But if people are not ready to wake up, let them get their rest I say.  Until you see their rest turn to nightmares, let them dream their dream.  Perhaps they need it.
I had one person who gave me a healing ask me to think of a word before we met. When we met, he had this word written down on a piece of paper.
(04-06-2015, 12:34 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I had one person who gave me a healing ask me to think of a word before we met. When we met, he had this word written down on a piece of paper.

That is awesome, GW.

What a wonderful way for them to validate their ability for you, and simultaneously increase your belief in the effectiveness of the healing, thereby making the healing even more efficacious. 
His healing was unique. He talked me through some darkness I felt around me. I was as if a cloud of darkness dissipated. But I cried because I thought that my home ET's said I could never go home.
I get annoyed by staunch materialists myself, but I think it's important we don't paint atheists with too broad a brush here. There've been plenty of atheists who could still regard the universe with love and wonder, even if they didn't credit any particular force with its creation.

I mean, just listen to Carl Sagan describe the universe in Cosmos. He loves the universe - it's clear from his every word. He just didn't see the need for a creator-figure. He talked with wonder about us being star-stuff, and to star-stuff we return. He clearly Got It, in his own way. He saw the beauty and romance in the great cycles-within-cycles of creation and destruction that play out across the stage of the stars.

Another thing is that... in many ways, atheist-materialism is the easiest path. It's the shortest route to a cohesive worldview - believe in nothing except what is directly in front of you, and can be seen and felt. It's straightforward, to the point, and doesn't require much thought to maintain or bring about many ontological crises. Not to mention that the shouting babble that has become the world's religions is pretty much incomprehensible to someone who doesn't feel in some way "called" to investigate such philosophical matters.

As Ra said, those who know not, care not. It's not their fault, per se. They're just on different paths. Some atheists are selfish, some aren't. Some embrace the wonders of creation in their own humanistic/3D way, others follow the path of manipulation and destruction with atheistic nihilism as their excuse. It's really the same dance we've been calling for the past few thousand years, just in slightly newer clothes and a different variety of "faith" being used or abused.

It's certainly worthwhile, I think, to discuss these things with atheists who are at least willing to discuss them politely, but there's no point forcing the issue or getting upset with those who don't want to hear it. Basically, that just means they aren't ready to hear it, and that's not something you or I can bring about.

When they're ready for higher knowledge, it will come to them. It's nice to occasionally be the light-bearer, so to speak, but it shouldn't ever be an expectation. It's more an unexpected bonus. Smile
When I was in jail I experienced some "missing time". I found that my toilet paper rolls were wet, and I don't remember dunking them in the toilet. This might have been an ET encounter. Not sure.
(04-06-2015, 09:30 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]My friend had direct experience of being out of body and flying around, but he still dismisses it as workings of the brain.

This makes perfect sense to me.  After all, mind-body or spirit-body duality is simply a model.  It is a way of thinking and reasoning about our sensory experiences.  But it is not the way things "are" in some objective sense.  It is not itself "true" or "false"--it either helps us explain our experiences to our satisfaction or it does not.  It just depends on what model you're using as a way to orient yourself as we flip through the catalog of experiences that is our life, our consciousness, our waking and sleeping narrative we weave to make sense of it all.

I think there's tolerant and intolerant strains of atheism.  So you have Richard Dawkins types who think all religion is actively evil and justify extreme Islamophobia on this basis.  You also have atheists who accept the theism as a moral symbol that doesn't need metaphysical certainty to be significant.  I try to remember that I don't know everything about reality, either, and that atheists have something to teach about establishing one's approach to life on one's own terms.  That has been something I've found the Law of One very useful for relative to other philosophies, and I've notice that atheists tend to show interest in the Law of One when I stress Ra's technical and somewhat detached approach to human affairs.
The problem with atheism is that it doesn't try to explain the world other than labeling it as random occuring of mathematical stuff and things. Awareness being born in a biological machine built with a magnificent computer-like brain able to process thoughts and seek answers about this whole Universe and even what's beyond, is not "random" in my perception of things.

But atheism in itself is not bad, there are atheists who understand more the essence of the LOO than many many spiritual people. They just give no room to the soul in their reasonings whereas the LOO picture it as the central core of everything.

Quantum mechanics IMO will lead atheism toward that understanding because of the important role of the Observer in the matrix of reality. There are many many great discoveries that can reconcialiate spirituality and science but often the implications are not thought of deeply enough.
(04-07-2015, 11:53 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Quantum mechanics IMO will lead atheism toward that understanding because of the important role of the Observer in the matrix of reality. There are many many great discoveries that can reconcialiate spirituality and science but often the implications are not thought of deeply enough.

I think that that last statement is really important. Good food for thought.
minyatur Wrote:The problem with atheism is that it doesn't try to explain the world other than labeling it as random occuring of mathematical stuff and things. Awareness being born in a biological machine built with a magnificent computer-like brain able to process thoughts and seek answers about this whole Universe and even what's beyond, is not "random" in my perception of things.

There's a really good book by my favorite philosopher, Robert Anton Wilson, called The New Inquisition that criticizes the supremacy in our culture of "fundamentalist materialism", i.e. the almost irrational attachment modern science has with materialist explanations that, in fact, are not as complete and devoid of anomaly as they profess. It's important to impress upon these kinds of fundamentalists the epistemological problems with how fruits of the scientific process are parlayed into rigid laws.

The point being: the model you choose is a reflection of your perception of things, and in many ways _how_ you want to perceive things. This is why I don't accept the notion that "all is one" as some sort of superior, absolute truth. There is a sense in which you can look at everything as a unity, and that has advantages and disadvantages. You can also look at everything as composed of separate, non-homogeoneous things, and that approach also provides you with a certain "character" of reality. The point is not to get the perspective right, IMHO, but to figure out what you desire and mold your perspective to that.

minyatur Wrote:Quantum mechanics IMO will lead atheism toward that understanding because of the important role of the Observer in the matrix of reality. There are many many great discoveries that can reconcialiate spirituality and science but often the implications are not thought of deeply enough.

Given the fact that so much of this is really about the kind of reality one wants to perceive, I doubt it. There are objectivists (disciples of Ayn Rand) who passionately argue that the paradoxes of QM are bogus. People are going to believe what they want, fundamentalists especially. And that's what these obnoxious atheists are: fundamentalists of a religion that simply has no personality.
If I am right, I experience a bit of atheism right now. I have to explain what I do when I talk to people live. And it is empossible because that is in internet form already or else. But we found out that what general people talk about daily is nothingness, and culture is kind of sort of in a bad state. Let's start from Monday !