Bring4th

Full Version: 4D Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably what 4D life will be like.

lol, how do you figure?
(04-06-2015, 06:22 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]lol, how do you figure?

Frodo seems like he really loves them.
You can love people in 3rd density.
(04-06-2015, 07:44 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]You can love people in 3rd density.

I guess if I had friends that revived me from near death, then I would be grateful too.
Gandalf is like a wanderer, he's a Maiar (lesser god) sent to Middle-Earth to bring balance against darkness. Sauron is another Maiar who lost his master (chained and thrown into the void, poor guy really..). Gandalf can't do much and act more as a guide whereas Sauron does whatever he wants which fit into how STO/STS wanderers act.
(04-06-2015, 08:58 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Gandalf is like a wanderer, he's a Maiar (lesser god) sent to Middle-Earth to bring balance against darkness. Sauron is another Maiar who lost his master (chained and thrown into the void, poor guy really..). Gandalf can't do much and act more as a guide whereas Sauron does whatever he wants which fit into how STO/STS wanderers act.

Who says a positive STO wanderer can't "do" much?
(04-06-2015, 06:17 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]This is probably what 4D life will be like.

I gotta hand it to you, GW, this video made me laugh harder than I was ever planning to.

I have to agree with the youtube video description, that is some "top quality kek".
It's something of a silly topic, but I actually think that Gandalf is an EXCELLENT example of how a "high-level" Wanderer should behave. He constantly downplays his own powers, and he never at any point in the series, even at the worst moments, actually uses the full powers at his disposal.

My favorite example (and one of my favorite pieces of LOTR trivia) is this: Did you ever wonder what he meant when he told the Balrog he was "the keeper of the secret flame?" That's because through the entire series of books, unmentioned anywhere except the Appendices, Gandalf is actually hauling around one of the Three Rings given to the Elves. (Elrond and Galadriel have the other two.) And they're second in power only to the One Ring. He is directly bluffing/threatening the Balrog by saying, in effect, "I have one of the few weapons you should actually fear."

But even then, he doesn't use it, and chooses a much more creative option for stopping the Balrog from catching his friends. Why? Because he understands the larger dangers in using such powers, no matter how bad the situation is.
(04-07-2015, 03:54 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]But even then, he doesn't use it, and chooses a much more creative option for stopping the Balrog from catching his friends.  Why?  Because he understands the larger dangers in using such powers, no matter how bad the situation is.
This character's development and exploits have influenced me greatly, and I couldn't agree more with your sentiment.
The "secret fire" mentioned by Gandalf is a part of J.R.R.'s cosmology which he sets out in the Silmarillion. Essentially it's the divine spark given by the creator (Ilúvatar) which gives life, awareness and free will to sentient beings. Melkor, jealous of the power of the secret fire seeks to control it himself and this precipitates his fall from grace. Melkor and his follower Sauron want to create life in their own image but are able only to twist and distort the light of the secret fire, creating monstrous beings like orcs.

Gandalf's power stems from his awareness of the secret fire, his nature as a guardian of the light and his commitment to service. He is fully aware that light trumps shadow and that awareness is what gives him the power over the Balrog.

[/nerd rant]
According to Carla, in 4D (the Density of Love) the truth is seen by all. Everyone's thoughts are known to everyone else & there is a tremendous freedom in not having to hide anything about yourself.
(04-07-2015, 12:03 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]According to Carla, in 4D (the Density of Love) the truth is seen by all. Everyone's thoughts are known to everyone else & there is a tremendous freedom in not having to hide anything about yourself.

Can I quote you for the " Conspiracy" thread?
(04-07-2015, 12:07 PM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2015, 12:03 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]According to Carla, in 4D (the Density of Love) the truth is seen by all. Everyone's thoughts are known to everyone else & there is a tremendous freedom in not having to hide anything about yourself.

Can I quote you for the " Conspiracy" thread?

Sure!
(04-06-2015, 09:25 PM)Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 08:58 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Gandalf is like a wanderer, he's a Maiar (lesser god) sent to Middle-Earth to bring balance against darkness. Sauron is another Maiar who lost his master (chained and thrown into the void, poor guy really..). Gandalf can't do much and act more as a guide whereas Sauron does whatever he wants which fit into how STO/STS wanderers act.

Who says a positive STO wanderer can't "do" much?

STO wanderers do not want to force catalysts upon others to not disrespect their free will whereas negative wanderers care not.

Just like Gandalf wanting to fight darkness with ordinary folks and their everyday deeds whereas Saruman built himself an orc army.

Quote:I do not know. Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay... small acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I am afraid... and he gives me courage. - Olórin

Love that quote actually  BigSmile