Bring4th

Full Version: Subconscious Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They say the subconscious is 99.999...% of who we are.
We are like the tip of the iceberg with our conscious minds.

Makes you wonder does it.

That what we perceive is only a shadow of who we truly are.

That we have infinite potential beyond our wildest dreams/conscious mind.
I recently have read some teachings that suggest the following.

We have a sub-conscious, conscious and super-conscious all working in concert with one another. The sub-conscious acts as the storage, the conscious the logical problem solving mind and the super-conscious the connection to infinite intelligence. As we move through life, we naturally rely on one of these more than the other. Babies are born utilizing the super-conscious the most. They have not built up the conscious enough yet to depend on it and the sub-conscious has not had enough time to store experience (except that which was kept from previous lives). To ease the transition of being confined to a physical body, babies still have a strong connection to infinite intelligence through the super-conscious and rely pretty exclusively on that to get by.

As the baby grows, it starts to strengthen the conscious with problem solving and saving off results in the sub-conscious. When it encounters a familiar issue it can refer back to the sub-conscious and say "last time this happened, this is what I did and it worked or did not work". The sub-conscious is also where we store events or trauma that we are not yet capable of processing via the conscious or super-conscious so that we can retrieve at a later time for processing. As we move into teenage years we have experienced enough and strengthened the conscious mind enough that we start to switch to rely exclusively on the conscious problem solving mind more than the super-conscious. Some do this more than others and all to varying degrees.

I had a funny understanding of this concept thinking of it in terms of computing. The sub-conscience being the hard drive, conscious the processor and the super-conscious the ethernet port (internet connection). :-)
(04-11-2015, 10:07 PM)seek Wrote: [ -> ]I recently have read some teachings that suggest the following.

where did you read this?

(04-11-2015, 06:44 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]They say the subconscious is 99.999...% of who we are.

behind the Veil, there are the roots of mind.

The archetypical mind is part of that mind which informs all experience. Please recall the definition of the archetypical mind as the repository of those refinements to the cosmic or all-mind made by this particular Logos and peculiar only to this Logos. Thus it may be seen as one of the roots of mind, not the deepest but certainly the most informative in some ways.

The other root of mind to be recalled is that racial or planetary mind which also informs the conceptualizations of each entity to some degree.

we selectively draw upon these aspects beyond the Veil via the Potentiators (The High Priestess, the Wisdom, the Lightning Struck Tower).

the conscious mind doesn't know much, but it knows as much as it needs to know Smile

when it needs to know more, it does.
Just tossing in another perspective here:  I feel there's some danger in becoming too "attached" to concepts of subconsciousness, higher consciousness, id, ego, superego, and all these various other terms we use to try to delineate our own personalities.  At the end of the day, these are still aspects of The One, and the One in this case could be viewed either as the Creator or One's Self.  Even these seeming divisions within our heads are, themselves, illusory from one point of view or the other.  

I've been seeking lately to experience my consciousness as a much more fluid thing, and trying to reduce my reliance on such subdivisions.  I'm not entirely sure this is even 100% achievable on the Earthly plane (especially for those who identify as Wanderers and may truly be extensions of a much larger group-mind) but it seems to me a good goal to shoot for.

I am not "truly" my thoughts or my personality.  These are merely masks I take on and off as mood\need\whim shifts me.  Likewise, such masks are also almost solely of my own design, and can be re-designed as I feel is necessary.  And what higher voices I find within myself are both Me and Not-Me only in so far as I choose to allow distortions to create that sense of false separation.

Which, just to clarify, is still useful to us in basically the same way that our own existence is a useful distortion to the Creator.

I suppose you could say that I believe that the psyche of the Creator is modeled in our own consciousness.  Like the Creator, we can create our own subpersonas and pretend that they are us... but the distinctions are still almost entirely rooted in distortions of Oneness - if only the Oneness of Self.  So we can experience ourselves in different forms and reshape our own minds almost infinitely. That, I believe, is in turn a powerful pointer towards the true nature of Oneness with the Creator.

(04-12-2015, 04:53 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2015, 10:07 PM)seek Wrote: [ -> ]I recently have read some teachings that suggest the following.

where did you read this?

Picked up a book from a clairvoyant I heard speak not too long ago titled "Opening a Window to the Soul". 
(04-11-2015, 06:44 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]They say the subconscious is 99.999...% of who we are.

The conscious and subconscious, are the male and female aspects of the consciousness.  One is objective, the other is subjective.  Matrix and potentiator.  Magician and high priestess.

When they come together, creation happens.  Where the conscious mind is personal, and selective, the subconscious is impersonal and non selective.  The subconscious will accept as true whatever is consistently offered it.  The conscious mind exists in the realm of effect, the subconscious, in the realm of cause.

The conscious mind plants the seed of thought in the womb of the subconscious mind, and it nourishes the thought, giving it shape and form, and when it is ready, it is born into the world of experience.

The higher self is simply the future fusion of conscious and subconscious into the magical personality.

I_Am_The_One

(04-12-2015, 06:52 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

The conscious and subconscious, are the male and female aspects of the consciousness.  One is objective, the other is subjective.  Matrix and potentiator.  Magician and high priestess.

When they come together, creation happens.  Where the conscious mind is personal, and selective, the subconscious is impersonal and non selective.  The subconscious will accept as true whatever is consistently offered it.  The conscious mind exists in the realm of effect, the subconscious, in the realm of cause.

The conscious mind plants the seed of thought in the womb of the subconscious mind, and it nourishes the thought, giving it shape and form, and when it is ready, it is born into the world of experience.

The higher self is simply the future fusion of conscious and subconscious into the magical personality.
Very nice anagogy. I was wondering on the matter of the polarity, when considering, the dual nature of intelligent infinity. In being potential, and kinetic. I usually tend to think of the potential as female or negative. The kinetic male or positive. I could elucidate further, if you wish. I would ask you thoughts on this. I also think this well within the realm of this thread.

I_Am_The_One

(04-12-2015, 05:16 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Just tossing in another perspective here:  I feel there's some danger in becoming too "attached" to concepts of subconsciousness, higher consciousness, id, ego, superego, and all these various other terms we use to try to delineate our own personalities.  At the end of the day, these are still aspects of The One, and the One in this case could be viewed either as the Creator or One's Self.  Even these seeming divisions within our heads are, themselves, illusory from one point of view or the other.  

I've been seeking lately to experience my consciousness as a much more fluid thing, and trying to reduce my reliance on such subdivisions.  I'm not entirely sure this is even 100% achievable on the Earthly plane (especially for those who identify as Wanderers and may truly be extensions of a much larger group-mind) but it seems to me a good goal to shoot for.

I am not "truly" my thoughts or my personality.  These are merely masks I take on and off as mood\need\whim shifts me.  Likewise, such masks are also almost solely of my own design, and can be re-designed as I feel is necessary.  And what higher voices I find within myself are both Me and Not-Me only in so far as I choose to allow distortions to create that sense of false separation.

Which, just to clarify, is still useful to us in basically the same way that our own existence is a useful distortion to the Creator.

I suppose you could say that I believe that the psyche of the Creator is modeled in our own consciousness.  Like the Creator, we can create our own subpersonas and pretend that they are us... but the distinctions are still almost entirely rooted in distortions of Oneness - if only the Oneness of Self.  So we can experience ourselves in different forms and reshape our own minds almost infinitely.  That, I believe, is in turn a powerful pointer towards the true nature of Oneness with the Creator.

Very nice points. I would totally agree with a lot of what you say here. Do you think yourself an Earth native?
(04-12-2015, 11:48 PM)I_Am_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice points. I would totally agree with a lot of what you say here. Do you think yourself an Earth native?

As a matter of fact, I do. I feel a real attachment to the Earth and humanity, and I tend to think I've been hanging around on this pale blue dot for a long time. Smile

I_Am_The_One

(04-13-2015, 12:59 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-12-2015, 11:48 PM)I_Am_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice points. I would totally agree with a lot of what you say here. Do you think yourself an Earth native?

As a matter of fact,  I do.   I feel a real attachment to the Earth and humanity,  and I tend to think I've been hanging around on this pale blue dot for a long time. Smile

thats cool peace, nothing wrong with that. The Earth is a beautiful mother. I could only imagine, without the industrial era and such. How really beautiful she would be. Hopefully, we will rebuild her beauty together.
A dream told me once that I had something relating to 26,000 years. It's also showed me the number 6 and the number 5. Not sure if those are densities.

Isn't Ra now in 5th density so they can be closer to Earth to help with its distortions?
Um... if my understanding of how this works is somewhat correct (and the cosmology is really above ANY of our heads) it wouldn't be that Ra is "in" 5th Density, but rather that he would be working more closely with the 5D entities of his social-memory-complex so he could add his energies and insight to the work they're doing in 5D. They'd get more of his time\attention\energy than his various other constituent entities.

Remember, "Ra" isn't merely the Ra who talks to us. He's a much larger emergent intelligence stemming from a whole bunch of cooperative 4D and 5D entities (plus 3D Wanderers), who happens to put on a mask called Ra when talking to the humans.
(04-12-2015, 09:22 PM)I_Am_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice anagogy. I was wondering on the matter of the polarity, when considering, the dual nature of intelligent infinity. In being potential, and kinetic. I usually tend to think of the potential as female or negative. The kinetic male or positive. I could elucidate further, if you wish. I would ask you thoughts on this. I also think this well within the realm of this thread.

In terms of the subconscious mind, the conscious is the kinetic mind, and the subconscious is the potential mind.  When there exists a duality, between the potential and kinetic, the potential is negative, and the kinetic is positive.  But in nonduality, where no kinetic expression is being explored, there is no negative or positive.  No duality.
Anagogy, are you saying the default state of unity is potential, rather than kinetic?
(04-14-2015, 02:50 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Anagogy, are you saying the default state of unity is potential, rather than kinetic?

When there is no kinetic, there is no potential either. In unity, there is no difference between potential and kinetic. They are mutually defined by a relationship between opposites.