Bring4th

Full Version: The best spiritual diet.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When taking in consideration the health of the body not only in a physical way but in relation to spiritual bodies what do you believe is the best type of diet to eat?

I have read many interesting articles over the years with diets designed to decalcify the pineal gland which seem to be popular in new age circles. I have heard that mostly going towards a raw food diet is probably the most natural and spiritual but such a diet is indeed difficult to work with in daily experience.
It probably doesn't matter if you eat pharmaceutical meds.

Zachary

What ever nourishes you in a way that allows you to best serve The Creator as constantly as you can.

I am a meat eater. But I also only eat what I would kill myself. That means pretty much just fish, turkey, and chicken.

That being said I try to eat as little meat as possible. After switching to vegetarian for a few months I realized our society eats wayyy more meat that we actually "need".

I no longer feel I necessarily need meat. But I am not at the point where I am ready to say I am completely done with eating meat. I gotta keep in mind what works for me and what is realistic in my life. If I could afford it I would be supporting local organic farmers...but the price jump is just too crazy and in the end not worth it.

I stick to mostly eggs and lentils as my protein source and this works well. Lentils will do wonders for your protein needs.

If money wasn't an issue. I would be eating mostly mega salads and vegetarian stews/soups. Eliminating fillers like red potatoes and rice and instead eating lots of nuts and fruit (avacado is a must!) Salads loaded with fruit, olive oil, crushed almonds...but with as much as I eat this can get expensive...and since I do train my body, I can't skimp on my diet.

All in all even though I do eat meat I don't feel it is the best way to go...more that it just works now. I find when you don't eat a lot of meat or any meat and can adequately suppliment protien and vitamin sources, you feel ALOT better and alot lighter energetically. Also I am not happy to say I "support" the farms responsible for so so much pain and abuse. I truly feel for the animals going through it...but I gotta do what I gotta do to stay nourished. The best I can do is bless the food and be grateful and understanding of the situation as a whole. I do believe it is true we inherit varying degrees of the animals experience especially those who are more sensitive.

just my 2cents
(04-13-2015, 10:46 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]When taking in consideration the health of the body not only in a physical way but in relation to spiritual bodies what do you believe is the best type of diet to eat?

I have read many interesting articles over the years with diets designed to decalcify the pineal gland which seem to be popular in new age circles. I have heard that mostly going towards a raw food diet is probably the most natural and spiritual but such a diet is indeed difficult to work with in daily experience.

The raw vegan diet can be challenging, mainly because cooked food is so ubiquitous in our culture. Many people are now doing Raw Til 4, or High Raw vegan; ie., all raw for most of the day, with 1 cooked vegan meal in the evening. It's a good transition that seems to have the best of both worlds and is working for a lot of people.

I'm using a similar approach but based on the season, rather than time of day.

I have found that I am desiring cooked food less and less. I feel so much more energy and clarity when I'm totally raw, that it's kind of a downer to eat cooked. I've decided to go all raw or mostly raw in the summer, but less raw in the winter. That makes sense to me. Winter is a good time for warm soups, beans, more nuts, etc. 

It's easier to go totally raw when it's hot and sunny, so where one lives can definitely be a factor.

Related thread:

Bring4th Forums Two > Health & Diet  v > Ultimate 4D Diet
I have stayed away from this thread hoping to hear what others had to say. This is an important subject, but the thread seems to be dying into oblivion. So here are my thoughts...

The best spiritual diet would be optimal to all aspects of being, including self and others. It would be the most nourishing to the physical body, the minds (lower and higher, conscious and subconscious), the emotional body, and the spirit. 

It would honor the natural environment, the ecosystem, and all life.

It would cause the least harm (in 3D death occurs in some way when food is consumed). The least harm would include all things in existence. 

It would facilitate the lightness of being. The lightness of being has both physical and metaphysical aspects. 

It would encourage calm and compassion, and move away from agitation and chaos.

It would be a fully conscious choice.
Diana gives a good summary. I'm all for plant-based diets, but I find the raw argument to be subjective. The fact that many people have difficulty with it is pointing to something, and I personally don't like it at all myself.

Raw is the most natural from a nutritional sense, which seems to be the central argument, but it's worth asking what that is supposed to mean. What is natural? We're bound by our definitions. It seems that what we're seeking is what is most meaningful to us. Our experience as creators involves the ability to modify and create all sorts of wild wonderful things. I'm typing on a computer right now. Should I be using smoke signals instead because it's more "natural"? Tongue  Cooked food gives us all sorts of wonderful creations.

If a person enjoys raw food that's great. I find cooked foods to be really enjoyable and can't imagine living without them.

I'm working on a starch-based diet..it centers around beans, grains, and things like potatoes with added vegetables. I LOVE potatoes! I also happen to love beans. If I could pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it'd be the potato.

Splash

(04-15-2015, 07:09 PM)Icaro Wrote: [ -> ]Diana gives a good summary. I'm all for plant-based diets, but I find the raw argument to be subjective. The fact that many people have difficulty with it is pointing to something, and I personally don't like it at all myself.

Raw is the most natural from a nutritional sense, which seems to be the central argument, but it's worth asking what that is supposed to mean. What is natural? We're bound by our definitions. It seems that what we're seeking is what is most meaningful to us. Our experience as creators involves the ability to modify and create all sorts of wild wonderful things. I'm typing on a computer right now. Should I be using smoke signals instead because it's more "natural"? Tongue  Cooked food gives us all sorts of wonderful creations.

If a person enjoys raw food that's great. I find cooked foods to be really enjoyable and can't imagine living without them.

I'm working on a starch-based diet..it centers around beans, grains, and things like potatoes with added vegetables. I LOVE potatoes! I also happen to love beans. If I could pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it'd be the potato.

Agreed!
(04-16-2015, 01:15 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]"I Like Them To Stay Standing Up"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/31...66242.html

So cute! He reminds me of my son when he was that age. Adorable! From the mouths of babes...
4 heaping table spoons of hemp seeds in the morning upon waking up.  1 gallon of either normal water, or lemon, lemon-lime, or lemon-lime-cucumber infused water.  1 shot mixed in 8oz glass cup of apple cider vinegar.  Gently snack on fruits and veggies and nuts (I like LOVE Cashews) across day in place of lunch.  Have a normal sized dinner.  Vegan's can go for protein substitutes that they prefer plus hopefully some nuts or beans, vegetarians can add an egg to a salad or incorporate beans and nuts.  Non-restricted eaters should attempt to buy meat that has been...For all intents and purposes, peacefully killed. Especially Pork, Beef, and Lamb products as I've heard very gruesome manners of killing are taken to acquire the 'meat' of the animal...  And in terms of spirituality, you do not want to eat that...

Just.  Horribly low vibrational energy.  Not without first forgiving yourself for aiding in the production of that manner occurring through your consumption of (which I am a total hypocrite, but I also forgive myself often about this, knowing I'd never desire an animal's life just to eat, unless I'm literally trying to survive.) and then apologizing, and thanking the animal who gave its life for you.

Pray to your food, it's of 1st density, especially to your meaty foods of 2nd density, where suffering is very terribly experienced, very truly...

Also thank and love those items you consume, from medications to the material being burned to smoke, to the flame produced.

Thank everything you put into you!  Thank it for being, thank it for experiencing, thank it for its sustenance and nutrition, thank it for its everything and anything.  Don't thank it in hopes of it forgiving you.  Seriously, if you eat expired sea food, no manner of thankfulness will stop the guttural onslaught that awaits you and your destiny with the porcelain throne of 'Praying it doesn't splash back!'

Oh, also, coconut oil for oral hygiene, though natural mouthwash doesn't particularly hurt as long as fluoride isn't present.  Baking Soda, and Coconut Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar for hair care.  Essential Oil baths for aura cleansing, meditation, and destressing, also so you smell good and not like apple cider vinegar.

I mean...Hemp Seeds alone near me are about 40 dollars for a little over a weeks worth at 4 heaping table spoons a day, but it's every nutrient the body basically needs barring direct protein, unless...No, I'm pretty sure hemp seeds don't also have protein.  I...I...I don't know actually.  Huh!  I forget.

But the healthy benefits of giving your body everything it basically needs feels great.  And it's a crazy great diet tool when mixed with detoxing the body of chemicals and gmo's or poorly digested matter mixed with at least 3 liters of water per day.  I lost 40 pounds in about 4 months.  I have a hypothyroid.  Weight loss, is hard for me.
The best spiritual diet is love, light and breath.
(04-27-2015, 06:25 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]The best spiritual diet is love, light and breath.

And clean water, charged with Love.
(04-27-2015, 06:25 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]The best spiritual diet is love, light and breath.

Breathing, or breathe?

I can agree, Open, Accepting, Forgiving, Trusting, Compassionate, Empathic.

Love and Light! With a hint of mint. Smile
When I vibrate at high vibration I don't feel hungry. It takes little to "fill" me.
(04-28-2015, 10:38 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]When I vibrate at high vibration I don't feel hungry. It takes little to "fill" me.

Perhaps if one was vibrating at a high enough frequency food would not even be required. You could maybe subsist on pure prana.
(04-13-2015, 10:24 PM)Zachary Wrote: [ -> ]What ever nourishes you in a way that allows you to best serve The Creator as constantly as you can.

This

Zachary

@Van

I forgot about the lemon water in the morning, good suggestion! Ive been doing this for a few months and it is one of the best, cheapest, simplest decisions you can make for your body health wise that will make a huge difference. It gives you energy, alkalizes your body...and more things I can't tell you but you can google. Theres a difference though between having it upon awakening and on an empty stomach, first thing; and having it after eating. The former is much preferred but both are good.  Out of everything in my fridge, I find lemons/lemon water water is what I crave most. All the water I drink is lemon water.
The best spiritual diet would be one that doesn't harm other sentient beings.

Easily crossed off the list would be meat and dairy, because...they cause suffering.

The support of sadistic farming practices has no place in the diet of a spiritual aspirant.

Human volunteers tried it out...they experienced the standard farming practices for just 4 minutes.

(05-06-2015, 09:49 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]The best spiritual diet would be one that doesn't harm other sentient beings.

Easily crossed off the list would be meat and dairy, because...they cause suffering.

The support of sadistic farming practices has no place in the diet of a spiritual aspirant.

Human volunteers tried it out...they experienced the standard farming practices for just 4 minutes.

That's a bold statement as we are our own judges.
(05-06-2015, 11:51 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]That's a bold statement as we are our own judges.

It's bold to say that supporting sadistic behavior doesn't belong in a spiritual path? Haha, ok. BigSmile
(05-07-2015, 06:39 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2015, 11:51 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]That's a bold statement as we are our own judges.

It's bold to say that supporting sadistic behavior doesn't belong in a spiritual path? Haha, ok.  BigSmile

The spiritual path includes forgiveness of all things that are done under this sky and acceptance as part of the whole.

Everything does have a place else they wouldn't be part of the one infinite creator.
(05-07-2015, 06:45 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2015, 06:39 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]

It's bold to say that supporting sadistic behavior doesn't belong in a spiritual path? Haha, ok.  BigSmile

The spiritual path includes forgiveness of all things that are done under this sky and acceptance as part of the whole.

Everything does have a place else they wouldn't be part of the one infinite creator.

Thank goodness, that beer was delicious tonight 
(04-13-2015, 10:47 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It probably doesn't matter if you eat pharmaceutical meds.

ur pineapple glans's already open! u should be working on closing it more, beary.
(05-08-2015, 08:36 AM)IsBluebell Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 10:47 AM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]It probably doesn't matter if you eat pharmaceutical meds.

ur pineapple glans's already open! u should be working on closing it more, beary.

Is that above or below the banana gland? 
(05-07-2015, 06:45 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]The spiritual path includes forgiveness of all things that are done under this sky and acceptance as part of the whole.

What does forgiveness imply? It implies to me that there is something to forgive. The need to be forgiven derives from the idea that there was something done which wasn't ideal. Following this logic, evolving entities would endeavor to grow past doing things which require forgiveness. An analogy would be a kindergartner doing silly rebellious things which he/she grows out of after developing awareness and learning to take responsibility for actions.

So within the context of the best spiritual diet, here are a few scenarios:

1. Eat whatever you want, no matter what harm it causes, because anything you do is forgiven.

2. Nourish your own body.

3. Nourish your body while being mindful of the physical, emotional, energetic, and spiritual consequences for all life including yourself and the planet itself. (And actually, this mindfulness would be integral to the way you do EVERYTHING.)

Even if we aren't talking about forgiveness—which I think is something we do for ourselves as there is no father/God who needs to forgive us, it is our own responsibility, otherwise we are like Catholics who go to confession—the above 3 scenarios hold. Some will make a case for number 1, which is beyond comprehension to me for a consciously evolving individual. Number 2 is self-centered (not meant as a judgment, just a fact), and while it might be best for the individual's physical and emotional being, it is not good for certain other life forms and aligning with compassion. And it could be argued that it does not align with the LOO because you would not torture and kill yourself for instance. Number 3 is the only option in my opinion for the Best Spiritual Diet. 
The fact that all will be forgiven also implies that all is inherently already fogiven and as such ever perfect. We are many-ness, we are experiences. These come in all shades and that is the purpose of it.

Even if I do eat meat, I let myself be polarized by how the earth currently is. I do not think my sole consumption (which isn't so great) has any impact on the market nor do I feel responsible about the human market. In my opinion for this to be any significant you have to also convince others else you make no difference. I have no great desire for meat and if meat eating wasn't part of the earth's customs , I wouldn't even mind being vegetarian. I do not think I have any catalysts with this and I do not think my role to be to convince others either.

Whereas someone which wishes to fight off these deeds has a desire to fight some evil, to transmute darkness into light, etc. But this gives a reason for this darkness to be as the entity has a desire for a cause. None of us is here by coincidence, this world is fully what we desire even if we do not perceive it. Yet we didn't come to change the whole of reality, instead we came to be confronted to reality and perceive the whole of it as part of us, perceiving that all is ever perfect. This is why it is hard in 3D, you become confronted with what you hate, what you reject, what you perceive not as part of yourself to deepen your acceptance of the whole. Ironically, it is indeed needed by yourself even if you partake not directly in it. You needed other-selves to do it, to live your fight of light/darkness.

There's probably a lot of 3D worlds where there is more light and love. Yet here we are in this place full of darkness that equally exists only for each of us to live our own set of experiences.

About the diet more specifically, I do think anything is good through faith because in faith there is no doubt. Doing what you doubt to be not right is surely hurting yourself. Personally my only thought concerning my diet is that I consume energy, nothing more, nothing less. I follow no actual guideline nor routine. My diet is chaos.
Oh, also music is great to ingest.
I don't think what we choose to fuel our bodies with will matter much until a higher density where we drink broth/nectar.
(05-09-2015, 03:41 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think what we choose to fuel our bodies with will matter much until a higher density where we drink broth/nectar.

Has anyone here seen What the Bleep? Do you remember when the biologist was talking about cell receptors and how we get addicted to emotions? We fuel our bodies with more than just food. And within the foodstuffs we take in, are energies, protein chains of emotional content, hormones, muscle/cell memory—the energetic and physiological results of fear and suffering—aside from nutrients which sometimes can't even dock on the cell receptors because they are already bombarded with our addictions.

Is this the place we are at and then magically start drinking in light nectar? There might be an instant detoxing reaction that could make you explode. Tongue   It's analogous to a 3D entity not ready for 4D light. They can't exist there.
What if we want to explode?
Pages: 1 2