Bring4th

Full Version: Using Music as a Catalyst and Energy Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I listen to different music, I experience different emotions. That is likely due to the various experiences I had associated with the general types of music, ie, clubby music or relaxation music etc. Also the general positive and negative vibe of the songs too of course.

There are also some songs that brings back old memories, some good and some bad. Some memories that have been long forgotten, yet somehow not quite resolved and absorbed into my current level of consciousness and being.

There's also what Ra said about pulling energy in from intelligent infinity and projecting it out into our own density, as part of general energy work for the benefit of the planet.

So... what I experimented with was... listening to music that is chaotic to me, trying to absorb the vibe and all memory catalysts that are associated with it, then outputting a positive energy. The first part of it worked, but I was shortly overwhelmed with the level of catalyst and had to abort the experiment.

Anyone else try something like this before?

(btw, I was away for a while due to taking care of many important responsibilities in my life, but I'm here now Blush )
Hi creationist! Glad you're back!

There is another thread that deals with this very issue, that might add to this conversation. It's called Heavy Metal Music and the Law of One, or Heavy Metal Music and Spirituality or something like that.

I don't generally like music that I consider chaotic, but I do like a lot of music that's heavy and would be considered chaotic by those who don't like that style of music. I too am seeking to understand why heavy music resonates for some people.
Welcome back Smile

I have been trying to understand how catalyst I do not like should be something I should accept and love. The only thing is, there is so much of it... are we meant to work with everything which causes emotions in us, which IS everything we both like and dislike?

When one distills emotions in the evening contemplation, I originally thought that that would release one of having to work with that emotion again, but I was wrong. One can deal with the same emotion every day of the week, several times a day. What is interesting is that the distilled opposite emotion can be different every single time for the same singular initial emotion.
(04-03-2010, 06:25 PM)creationist Wrote: [ -> ]So... what I experimented with was... listening to music that is chaotic to me, trying to absorb the vibe and all memory catalysts that are associated with it, then outputting a positive energy. The first part of it worked, but I was shortly overwhelmed with the level of catalyst and had to abort the experiment.

Anyone else try something like this before?

(By the way, I was away for a while due to taking care of many important responsibilities in my life, but I'm here now Blush )

Welcome back!

I do that with the movies. I like to watch a lot of action movies. That just satisfies that warrior self in me. It works more like a catharsis for me. A cleansing...Is that what you were talking about?
(04-03-2010, 09:19 PM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]When one distills emotions in the evening contemplation, I originally thought that that would release one of having to work with that emotion again, but I was wrong. One can deal with the same emotion every day of the week, several times a day. What is interesting is that the distilled opposite emotion can be different every single time for the same singular initial emotion.

I think the key is that we are human, so we will get those emotions. However, how we react to those emotions are totally different after we have accepted it fully. Perhaps the music is a good quicktest on the acceptance of associated emotions/memories.
(04-03-2010, 09:33 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]I do that with the movies. I like to watch a lot of action movies. That just satisfies that warrior self in me. It works more like a catharsis for me. A cleansing...Is that what you were talking about?

Mmm, I'm not quite sure what you meant by a cleansing, did you mean satisfying your urges to neutralize it? Scratching a mosquito bite to stop it from being itchy?

I meant music in particular, because I believe audio can be associated with past or current experiences, bringing up emotions or memories that may be strong catalysts for you. Then fully accepting those strong catalysts within the moment, and outputting pure love from it.
(04-03-2010, 09:07 PM)Bring4th_Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Hi creationist! Glad you're back!

There is another thread that deals with this very issue, that might add to this conversation. It's called Heavy Metal Music and the Law of One, or Heavy Metal Music and Spirituality or something like that.

I don't generally like music that I consider chaotic, but I do like a lot of music that's heavy and would be considered chaotic by those who don't like that style of music. I too am seeking to understand why heavy music resonates for some people.

thanks Monica, I just checked out the thread, and I have questioned the same things as you did. The conclusion that I came to, is that music is like a distilled over simplified mirror of life. It is easy to love peaceful music, just like how it's easy to love someone with a sweet innocent smile. It is far more difficult (for me) to feel loving with heavy metal music, yet it is important to still strive to do so, as it is merely a reflection of your ability to love someone, or something, who may not be so easily loved. ie, someone or something you dislike.

Chaotic music can also be a benchmark, on testing your ability to clear out your thoughts and focus on love or an empty mind.

Perhaps I also see it as a surfer riding on waves, with the waves going up and down randomly, turning and twisting unexpectedly. It is quite difficult to suppress the waves with your surfboard, and perhaps it is better to just become the water and flow in harmony.