Bring4th

Full Version: Pseudo Teacher Archetype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It often seems that in new age circles that everybody tries to play the role of the teacher, i have seen myself do it quite often. Yet something about it feels a little false, i understand teaching/learning and learning/teaching in the general sense is all fine and well, but i can't help but feel there is a fair degree of one up man ship that is displayed in different communities as almost to say passively that i am more knowledgeable than you. It seems to be yet another subtle aspect of our social ego that we all have to deal with.

No doubt and rightly so that someone will say that this is simply a reflection in my own attitude towards different social situation and i agree with that up to a certain point but it still feels a bit strange to have fairly young adolescents give spiritual advice often without an practical understanding or experience in what they are teaching. I for one used to do that quite a lot. Hence the title the Pseudo Teacher Archetype , its a little more subtle than the false guru. Yet time and time again i see it on forums and videos online. I think another word for it would be teacher syndrome coming from an subconscious call to action only to have an unconscious pride and a type of social elitism.  

I think its always good to say, i am a student of life, i am still learning and i am not yet enlightened, i have a lot of things to learn and most of what i could teach is already out there in a more coherent way by more experienced teachers that i could certainly point one to. However that is not say that your own inner teacher, your intuition and higher self can't guide you, it certainly can in a balanced way. Perhaps it is always wise to ask oneself, do i really understand what i am trying to teach? Do i really have direct experience in what i am saying? Or am i simply playing the role of the teacher out of a subtle desire to appear better than someone else, its really difficult to see that sometimes.

What i believe we need is not more new age teachers or philosophy but rather to truly and simply put in to practice the age old teachings that have been given, such as being the moment and seeing the love in that moment. We often and i have done this a lot, read over something and because of a subconscious emotional reaction attacked the messenger or one peace of information as a means to skeptically play the one up man ship game. I feel that what we are saying is really a type of subjective truth, when individuals tell there own subjective and personal truth as universal truth, which is simply not so in my opinion. It becomes a game of bidding , who's subjective truth or will is strongest will come out on top and will appear as the knowledgeable teacher.

I would say that i know nothing yet that would probably be the last reaches of the ego at its peak to play the game of one up man ship! and if everything is truly empty awareness i guess you could call knowing nothing as a great level of understanding of everything. In short i think it wouldn't hurt to simply be the fool on that wonderful journey we call reality.

I think were can become aware that we are fools because at some points we realise that we were wrong on many things we said and so we become aware that our past words were misguidance when perceived in such light. That is the process of a teacher/learner as we become aware there is always much more than we think. We are finity trying to assimilate infinity.

But then again, it is not always about what is wished to be provided but more about what is received. Even a fool's words can open the eyes of an other-self on what he is in the process of learning. Each of us goes through a path of multiple realisations to move toward the only truth there is to find. That is a lengthy quest, possibly a never ending one.

I do agree with old teachings as they indeed are a great source of information but I particulary like to discuss to advance further my ideas. (Gemini here BigSmile) The person who contredicts me most is my own self.
I am specifically reminded of when I first came across Scott Mandelker shortly after divulging in the "the Law of One" and "Carla Rueckert" search results on you tube.

I was there, book 1 at the ready, wide awake and ready to call out Mr Mandelker on any potentially misleading interpretation of the Ra material. (in my defence I was a little boggle eyed from the conspiracy data I had recently absorbed, and was leaning towards the sceptical end of the niave/sceptic frequency range.)

One or two small differences were noted. (he actually summarized the wanderer percentage as being 10-15% in an earlier video)

So I can definitely relate to this desire to teach/learn. On the whole though I am very grateful for his devoted project!

I think Ra embodied the wisest approach to teach/learning. For me personally it was their consistently 'humble' attitude. This is the greatest of values I have taken from the material, aside from session 1.7. Arrogance is driven by surety, its opposite must surely be driven by 'knowing'?
(04-19-2015, 06:44 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]It often seems that in new age circles that everybody try's to play the role of the teacher,

tries*

[Image: enhanced-buzz-6318-1415372782-16.jpg]
I remember reading a Q'uo once (I wish I could find it again because it resonated so strongly!) about how, because of seniority of vibration, so many of us ARE teachers, but we get far too stuck on that role in our earthsuits. It's a lot of what takes us out of the moment. I know me, for sure, when I have an experience, almost any experience, I am narrating it in my head in a way that I believe I can share with others so that they can learn from my experience as well. It's crazy and pathological. I think it's good to be reminded that we are here on earth to learn first, and teach second. If we wanted to continue our primary role as teachers, we would not have incarnated into lesson-land.
Someone may have answered this before, but if we don't learn our lessons for being here, are we having to repeat those lessons?