Bring4th

Full Version: flat earth vs round earth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has this been discussed? there's a group of people supporting flat earth. it's a thing now.
Who is?
who wut?
What are your thoughts on the matter, Bluebell?
Flat Earth is flat.
i think it's infinitesimally possible. but their "evidence" is lacking severely.
(04-24-2015, 01:49 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...#pid168487

lol i forgot about that thread. chalk it up to my dementia.
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1424

I like this thread. It's long but I recommend reading it from start to finish if you are serious about exploring this subject, even if it takes you a few days. Cluesforum is a fantastic forum, too.
thanks outie.
Flat Earth reminds me of the famous book, Flatland. It's a very two-dimensional sort of concept. (I do think any and all things are possible.)

In Flatland, the whole world is two-dimensional. The beings on that world are squares, circles, triangles, other polygons and and irregular polygons (a social hierarchy is set up based on the different shapes). One day a sphere (A. Sphere) passes through that world and a square (A. Square) witnesses it. A relationship ensues where A. Sphere tries to describe his 3D world to A. Square. One of the most fascinating aspects of this exchange is to realize that the 3D being can see inside everything in the 2D world (inside locked boxes, their bodies, etc.).

What I like to try and visualize is a hypersphere (4D sphere). It's easier, actually, to visualize a hypercube (tesseract). A hypercube depicted looks like 8 cubes all inside of each other. The implications of this are far reaching—being able to see inside of everything 3D. Also, time is considered to be a fourth dimension.

It's fun to think about the possibilities of that.   :idea:
They did the same thing of flatland with What the Bleep Down the Rabbit Hole.