Bring4th

Full Version: Little paradox I'm working with
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about the whole giving thanks and the praise aspect as it is mentioned quite frequently throughout the Q'uo transcripts. 

The paradox is that if one of the most important aspects is to realize that we are all the Creator just in an individuated form,  would we not be giving thanks to ourselves? I understand that the Creator is the source of all but considering that we are all tiny parts of the whole,  how does giving thanks to yourself make sense? 
In terms of manifestation - which I'm still not sure whether or not I believe in - giving thanks is simply an acknowledgement of plenty, of safety, of comfort that would be expected to attract more.

Everything we do, we do to ourselves in an ultimate sense. Does loving others make sense? Well it's not any different from giving thanks.

However, there are still two levels - reality and manifestation. In manifestation, "you" are not the part of the One that created the universe, that makes the grass grow and the sun shine. So we give thanks to the consciousness that works hard to make it all happen, to set up the dream that gives us all we need. It's not different from the heart pumping blood to keep the lungs working, and the lungs giving oxygen to the heart muscle. It's all one body, but the parts work together for a common purpose and gratefully acknowledge each other. Yet in the truest reality, there is no heart, there are no lungs, but just one consciousness exploring the ideas of different forms.
The Creator doesn't do any of the stuff that you mentioned though. Basic tenets of evolution and physics were established by the Logos that created this specific Galaxy. I still do give thanks in terms of the food I eat, thanking the animals who sacrificed themselves, the plants, etc.

But giving thanks to the Creator for allowing the creatures to be created in the first place confuses me since we are the Creator

Manifestation or not we actually are the Creator. When I say we, I don't mean our bodies but our souls and since our souls are a Manifestation of the Creator by the Creator to experience itself, we are in every sense of the word The Creator
The way I see it, yes we are in fact giving thanks to the creator, which we are part of. We are giving thanks to our fullest potential which we currently ARE, and ARE NOT. We are giving thanks from
The perspective of our current "ARE NOT" 3d perspective that transcends space and time to the "ARE". It is an act of humbleness and gratitude acknowledging that from which we came and are. Thanking and giving praise to all the aspects of the creator and ourselves that we do not fully understand and by doing this, it draws us closer to an understanding and a union. Just my perspective when I think about this seeming paradox
Nice. Good explanation. Thanks
I'd say to give thanks to the One Creator, you'd have to be thankful for existence itself. As you said everything else is just sub-creators creating microscopic order and creations in Infinity.
(04-30-2015, 07:19 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about the whole giving thanks and the praise aspect as it is mentioned quite frequently throughout the Q'uo transcripts. 

The paradox is that if one of the most important aspects is to realize that we are all the Creator just in an individuated form,  would we not be giving thanks to ourselves? I understand that the Creator is the source of all but considering that we are all tiny parts of the whole,  how does giving thanks to yourself make sense? 

Appreciation is one of the highest states of vibration you can exist in.

It brings you very close to the creator, and dissolves resistance if it is genuine. The creator exists always in appreciation. The creator does not "lack" anything, so it basks in the "isness" of things, which is what appreciation is. Desire says, "I'm missing this". Else, why would one "want it"? Appreciation says, "I love this thing that I have". It affirms the infinite abundance.
(04-30-2015, 07:46 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of manifestation - which I'm still not sure whether or not I believe in -[...]

We must burn the unbeliever...

BigSmile
(04-30-2015, 07:19 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about the whole giving thanks and the praise aspect as it is mentioned quite frequently throughout the Q'uo transcripts. 

Whats wrong with thanking myself for buying a delicious slushie to quell my munchies?

Similarly, what's wrong with thanking one's self for providing the experiences provided? Do you not provide your own experiences for yourself?

Though I think Anagogy has it down. The vibration of appreciation in a genuine fashion is simply a very pure and high level vibration to give out. I think of it as, providing Light to affirm or reinforce it's already-brilliance. You not only aid Earth by giving thanks, you also aid yourself.
(04-30-2015, 07:19 AM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]how does giving thanks to yourself make sense? 

I think it's one of those things where saying it out loud (or even in your head) might be overkill, unless praising brings you pleasure.

A Hindu person I know told me that it's customary for them to not say 'thank you / you're welcome' to their friends/family bc they feel this goes without saying; they feel that verbalizing their appreciation isn't necessary.

I feel that verbalizing my appreciation for the Creator isn't necessary. I show my appreciation by simply feeling it.

I grew up being forced to sing in church bc I was told that God/Jesus required me to praise Him by singing if I wanted to go to Heaven...now I have issues with praising - not with praising people or animals, though.
(04-30-2015, 12:52 PM)Isis Wrote: [ -> ]I grew up being forced to sing in church bc I was told that God/Jesus required me to praise Him by singing if I wanted to go to Heaven...now I have issues with praising -

I'm...Not the only one?  Though I was more shy and didn't want to speak...Never mind sing.  I walked out when I was told I had to.

Churches always make me feel faint...

I think the concept of giving thanks to self through others might also be a part of an aspect of self-empowerment.

How often do you thank your self? What about through another?

Hi Jeremy,

my personal interpretation of the intent of what was conveyed would be summed up in the word/concept of 'Gratitude'.

should we be grateful to the Creation for providing us with our current situation, and it's current physical parameters?

I am guessing that Gratitude is consonant with an attitude of the heart (acceptance, acknowledgement, appreciation, valuing the other self).

Perhaps what Q'uo (or it's particular phrasing) put it's emphasis on the final action of thanksgiving or praise, rather than what underlies it, which is the motivation of acknowledgement or acceptance (/valuing). of what is present in our experience.

If we are motivated and genuinely feel Gratitude, then the thanksgiving or praise will be a natural and unforced expression of that attitude.

Q'uo may be pointing to the outcome, rather than emphasising the motivation.  A similiar issue comes up the positive path.  People tend to focus (overly) on the service-to-others aspect, and put all their attention on the service aspect as an indicator.  Whereas, in my view, the positive path is motivated and instigated by the predominant attitude of acceptance, which will lead as a matter of course in serving, helping, and assisting others if you genuinely accept them.

The attitude precedes the action; the motivation trumps the external expression.
(04-30-2015, 12:17 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]

Appreciation is one of the highest states of vibration you can exist in.

It brings you very close to the creator, and dissolves resistance if it is genuine.  The creator exists always in appreciation.  The creator does not "lack" anything, so it basks in the "isness" of things, which is what appreciation is.  Desire says, "I'm missing this".  Else, why would one "want it"?  Appreciation says, "I love this thing that I have".  It affirms the infinite abundance.

This. Q'uo is coaching us on how to be closest to our highest vibrational state.

Also, giving thanks and praise brings up Catholic mass flashbacks for me, so it's very possible it has been influenced by that part of Carla's subconscious.
Invoking gratitude feels very satisfying. I think the idea is simply for the purpose of cultivating a healthy mental/emotional state. It's all about focus I suppose. Take the example of depression for instance. I used to be depressed and the majority of people who go through it support their unhealthy thinking..it's a conscious choice..my focus and how I directed my thoughts entirely formed my emotional experience. Learn to change your thinking and the depression goes away.

The more we focus on living a sacred life, the more sacred our environment will become. I don't think we necessarily have to go around blessing everything..it's all a state of being. You'd be surprised how putting a small smile on your face can change your mood.

I think there's also a magical element to it..

"And finally, a gift of water into which the love of all present has been given. This will restore this entity, for her distortions contain great sensitivity towards the vibrations of love and the charged water will effect comfort."

I see where you're coming from though Jeremy..we tend to externalize and over-complicate things.
Going along with your thoughts Jeremy, I was just thinking the other day how it's said in session 5 that within each person resides male/female, female/male etc. So within each is the whole.

Service can be as simple as acknowledging that within the self is the self and other-self, and learning to accept and serve that other-self.
The self that gives thanks, the third-density or sixth-density self, is still a “player on the stage” – it still perceives some degree of individual identity, thinking itself in some way separate from the Creator.

Yes, our non-dual philosophy asserts that there is no separation because all is forever one, but so far as our perceptive web informs us, we as entities have a relationship with the Creator.

Insofar as we seem to have a relationship, illusory though that ultimately is, praise and thanksgiving is a means of attuning the consciousness to remember who and what we really are. It honors and acknowledges the truer nature of things, and helps to bridge that seeming distance between the finite self and the infinite.

As anagogy was saying, and as I agree, its disciplined use raises the vibration.

Further, as Icaro was pointing out through his example of depression, you must consider that if you’re really engaged in praise and thanksgiving, you are not expending your energies reinforcing and energizing the illusion through attitudes and actions of judgment, blame, bitterness, defense, attempts to manipulate, control, etc. Instead, you are surrendering: you are affirming perfection, rightness, wholeness, completeness. You are releasing the deviant will, accepting the greater will, giving thanks for what is, and, as was mentioned previously, melting resistance.

In so doing, you’re also practicing faith. The spiritual discipline of praise and thanksgiving is undertaken not just on the sunny days, but especially in days of seemingly cruel and punishing weather. That absolutely requires the presence of faith to allow you to see and know what is not seen and known: all is well and the appropriate response is love. 
Well said brother