Bring4th

Full Version: NASA Challenge: Space Pioneering – Achieving Earth Independence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:NASA is embarking on a long-term effort of “pioneering space” for this and future generations.  In this context, “pioneering space” is defined as the ability for humans to go further and stay longer in space with an ever decreasing need to be reliant on Earth, approaching “Earth independence”.

For this specific Challenge, the Solver is asked to focus on particular elements of “pioneering space,” namely those elements needed to establish a continuous human presence on Mars.

AWARD: $15,000 USD

https://www.innocentive.com/ar/challenge/9933746
I think we are energetically bound to Earth. I don't think an earthling could leave Earth for long.
(05-09-2015, 03:38 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think we are energetically bound to Earth. I don't think an earthling could leave Earth for long.

You're probably right, our vehicles are not designed  for other planets. However, it is possible that we can adapt in other environments after struggling with dozens of complications.