Bring4th

Full Version: Society and the Matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone ever get the feeling the matrix has you? I am starting a new job on Monday and i am about as uninspired at the thought of working in yet another office call center/administration role just for some cash in order to buy meaningless objects and to survive.  In other news, i have concluded that dating websites are almost worthless. In short i guess i am having a moment that feels like the matrix has me. Smile
Remember, by this point you have already seen the real world, so being in the Matrix now you have a different opportunity. What will you do with your opportunities in the Matrix?
I am not sure anymore. I simple try and seek the heart of the self. Try to keep balanced and keep searching for the truth. What else can one do?
(05-16-2015, 02:14 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I am not sure anymore. I simple try and seek the heart of the self. Try to keep balanced and keep searching for the truth. What else can one do?

Is that to say you do not know the heart of the self?
I am not sure. Probably? maybe? I am still to become the all?
You can view the Matrix as a meaningful dream, in all of time and space you are currently here.
I have heard it all before dude. In a thousand different ways. The only way is to continue to seek for the truth of our own consciousness, not in text but in experience.
(05-16-2015, 02:34 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I have heard it all before dude. In a thousand different ways. The only way is to continue to seek for the truth of our own consciousness, not in text but in experience.

The text states that you are right where you need to be. Consciousness needs to work out why.
Consciousness is but a changing perception. Perhaps i have some lessons to work out in just a role, i fail to see how acceptance of such a system can be of any value.
To go back to the OP, yes I do get that feeling from time to time. Though we could say I was blessed with a good karma in this life.
(05-16-2015, 02:40 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Consciousness is but a changing perception. Perhaps i have some lessons to work out in just a role, i fail to see how acceptance of such a system can be of any value.

Acceptance, that big word floats all around the path.
(05-16-2015, 02:40 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Consciousness is but a changing perception. Perhaps i have some lessons to work out in just a role, i fail to see how acceptance of such a system can be of any value.

From my understanding of things, this system was desired by all those who inhabit it as a consequence of the first distortion just like anything else in Creation.
Here's what i know. Everybody want's happiness in life. The greatest happiness i can think of would be love.

The problem is we search for love in external experiences that are normally future events. This concludes that love can only ever be found within the self, within the moment. No one, no thing, no experience outside of yourself will bring that lasting experience. The seeking of the heart of the self, is the seeking of the love of ones very own self without attachment to external experiences.

I accept my limitations. I realize that these thoughts and emotions are temporary experiences, i will walk into these new experiences with such an manner. Everything i experience is but a thought of my own consciousness.
My thought would be, what part of the self doesn't like what's going on?
The part of my self that values wanting to be loved or happy.
So in that is the assumption that this experience will not provide that?
Basically sums it up. Like my previous experiences at work, its simply a mundane task.
I do think that existence is silly in itself. Why was nothingness not well enough?
You never know what opportunity you may stumble upon at this new job. You may find that it indeed simply a filler until your true path has been illuminated. You may also find that the love of your life works there or is a friend of someone who works there. You could also stumble upon your path in just about any circumstance that you experience. The key is to not search too hard. I had all but given up finding anyone. I told myself that I was fine being by myself especially given the amount of progress that I had made in the time I had been single. No joke, within the next few weeks my girlfriend appeared as an xray student doing her final clinical rotation at the hospital I work at.

All the times I have had spontaneous bouts of epiphany moments have been when I truly surrendered and allowed life to take its course.
If there's one thing I do not believe in, it's randomness.
(05-16-2015, 02:52 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's what i know. Everybody want's happiness in life. The greatest happiness i can think of would be love.

My greatest happiness would be gratitude. Gratitude for even the things I don't yet have.
I am feeling pretty excited for the new job now i think about it, since it will get me back into the city. Perhaps i will give the dating site another go and see how things progress. I think if i can stay mindful throughout the experience then it will be a great learning experience and service.

Interesting enough, i had some type of astral projection last night after posting this rant. It came from the Yellow ray, some pain at first but i allowed it to continue and i saw my house as a shadowy like feeling around in the dark with your eyes half closed. Then i came to my front door and everything was in gleeful colour and detail. I flew into the sky for a little minute and saw a couple of people walking down the street, who i hailed but they melted back into the dream source.
(05-16-2015, 01:49 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone ever get the feeling the matrix has you? I am starting a new job on Monday and i am about as uninspired at the thought of working in yet another office call center/administration role just for some cash in order to buy meaningless objects and to survive.  In other news, i have concluded that dating websites are almost worthless. In short i guess i am having a moment that feels like the matrix has me. Smile

in my teen years i watched myself subconsciously try to kill myself in subtle & less subtle ways. eventually i had to detach myself from the matrix to feel myself again. to right myself. it's not easy either way.

have u tried OKCupid or meeting people via likeminded message boards? or *gasp* IRL? Wink
(05-16-2015, 03:27 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]All the times I have had spontaneous bouts of epiphany moments have been when I truly surrendered and allowed life to take its course.

Deserves a re-tweet  BigSmile
If you end up not enjoying it, quit! I recently moved and as a last resort took a job in an area that I have experience with but knew it wasn't for me..I was pushing my limits. So I worked for two weeks, said to hell with this, and then gave a two week notice. I've never come and gone in such a way with an employer, but I refused to be unhappy and it feels good. I probably should have just taken a temp job somewhere, so lesson learned.

The biggest reason I didn't go to a temp agency in the first place was the uncertainty. Maybe I would have bussed tables somewhere and met a girl, or came across some other opportunity. We tend to want to live in a comfortable world, but one thing I've learned is that random things don't happen very much in a routine life.