Bring4th

Full Version: Fear and Self-service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any form of service to self that isn't based on fear? I hear tones in my ears usually corresponding to thoughts I'm having either to that of the service to others (right) or service to self (left), or so I believe. My question is that, if you were to open to 4th dimensional thinking, fourth dimensional powers even, would learning how to develop those powers be a service to self? Even if I swear my soul would only use those powers for good?

I mean it would seem like it is a service to self. One must be attuned and disciplined to focus energy from either polarity. But service to self can help one be of service to others in the longer run, right? You have to know and train yourself before you can effectively help others. Am I wrong in this perception?

I try to live life seeing others as mirrors of myself, and treat them as I would like to be treated...but after a year's worth of research (with the L/L books being my first stepping stones into this brave new world) and seeing with my own eyes, magical, time-sensetive "coincidences" happen, I know it is all real. I'm polarizing to the service to others, and I can feel the confidence and strength of the Creator flowing through me at times, but I'm hesitant to further my psychic training if the mere development of these powers is...well, evil. Or is my perception of service-to-self being evil misinterpreted?

Thank you to whoever can help. Honestly, God bless.
First off, welcome to the forum. I humbly thank you for posting your question, and I look forward to your current and future participation Smile

Intent, my brother, is what makes the action STO or STS. Even killing another physical mind/body vehicle can be positively polarizing if it is done out of what the mind/spirit believes is for the betterment of others.

As thus, developing ones magical abilities, if they are intended to be used for the benefit of others, is positively polarizing Smile

Being the requirement for ascension from 3D to 4D allows 49% service to self, in that there is a good deal of leeway, though I wouldn't worry about ascension. One will choose, when in the indigo body, where the correct placement is. Thinking we shall choose here in the illusion is like guessing what play the director will choose next. Just do what feels right to you. The rest will take care of itself Smile
(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any form of service to self that isn't based on fear?

Hi Gribbons and welcome to Bring4th!

Ra has indicated that love of self is equally important as love of other-self. In fact, love of self is a requirement for Harvest. (Can anyone find the exact quote?)

It is the love of self at the exclusion of other-selves that is STS.

So, I suggest a distinction be made between the STS path and the serving of self balanced with the serving of other-selves.

When we eat, sleep, exercise, or whatever, is that not serving self?

Hence, self-improvement, whether thru health and fitness, yoga, meditation, developing psychic abilities or whatever, wouldn't be considered 'evil' unless the motivation was to harm others.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I hear tones in my ears usually corresponding to thoughts I'm having either to that of the service to others (right) or service to self (left), or so I believe.

I've heard others mention the tones in the ears, but it sounds a little too much like a recipe for my taste. But I really can't speak from experience, and you know your guidance system better than anyone else.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]My question is that, if you were to open to 4th dimensional thinking, fourth dimensional powers even, would learning how to develop those powers be a service to self? Even if I swear my soul would only use those powers for good?

I think it would depend on the motivation.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it would seem like it is a service to self. One must be attuned and disciplined to focus energy from either polarity. But service to self can help one be of service to others in the longer run, right? You have to know and train yourself before you can effectively help others.

You can do both simultaneously.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I try to live life seeing others as mirrors of myself, and treat them as I would like to be treated...

Well that's the Golden Rule...sounds like you're doing fine!
(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any form of service to self that isn't based on fear?

STS is based in fear and is characterized by control and manipulation of others. STO is based in love and is characterized by acceptance of others.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I hear tones in my ears usually corresponding to thoughts I'm having either to that of the service to others (right) or service to self (left), or so I believe. My question is that, if you were to open to 4th dimensional thinking, fourth dimensional powers even, would learning how to develop those powers be a service to self? Even if I swear my soul would only use those powers for good?

I get the tones in my ears too, so at least you got a companion in craziness if we're all deranged!

Well now, that depends on what powers those are doesn't it! Since there are both 4d positive and 4d negative densities, I'd say a distinction needs to be made in your question. As a general formula though, if it's loving and accepting rather than fear, manipulation and control, you're probably in the clear.

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I mean it would seem like it is a service to self. One must be attuned and disciplined to focus energy from either polarity. But service to self can help one be of service to others in the longer run, right? You have to know and train yourself before you can effectively help others. Am I wrong in this perception?

You can serve yourself while being STO. Like Monica pointed out, most of what we do in 3d even for personal gain in really awesome ways serves the self. Do you do it out of love or desire to control?

Regarding "sts can help one be of sto in long run", the verb use of the term STS is not equal to the noun use of STS. Verb STS can be very STO (noun). Eating is a service to yourself, but usually isn't of the negative polarity (esp among us of this forum.)

In the extremely long run, negative 6d people will spiritually evolve vigorously (lol Alice in Wonderland 3d) after integrating the positive polarity in 6d. So if you wanna have a quick 6d then you could do STS for several million years :p

(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]I try to live life seeing others as mirrors of myself, and treat them as I would like to be treated...but after a year's worth of research (with the L/L books being my first stepping stones into this brave new world) and seeing with my own eyes, magical, time-sensetive "coincidences" happen, I know it is all real. I'm polarizing to the service to others, and I can feel the confidence and strength of the Creator flowing through me at times, but I'm hesitant to further my psychic training if the mere development of these powers is...well, evil. Or is my perception of service-to-self being evil misinterpreted?

I'm not sure what you mean here. You said that you're polarizing to STO! And, yes, STS is typically referred to us as "evil", though both polarities are respectable choices. STS hurts a little bit more though, so there's that to consider Smile

Peace, Love, Light and Namasté~
Monika. Fragment 26, session 44, book V. Session 49.

Gibbons. I think the service to self polarity does come down to fear. But that does not mean there are no service to others things that are based on fear. As seen in the protection used in the LOO.

I understand your point about mixed polarity. But I think once you know about the two polarities. The game is up. The Edgar Cayce readings once said that a negative thing should never be used to create a positive result.

Do what you feel is best. I personally feel that using such abilities on the positive path is potentially useful.
(04-07-2010, 08:59 PM)Gribbons Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any form of service to self that isn't based on fear? I hear tones in my ears usually corresponding to thoughts I'm having either to that of the service to others (right) or service to self (left), or so I believe. My question is that, if you were to open to 4th dimensional thinking, fourth dimensional powers even, would learning how to develop those powers be a service to self? Even if I swear my soul would only use those powers for good?

I mean it would seem like it is a service to self. One must be attuned and disciplined to focus energy from either polarity. But service to self can help one be of service to others in the longer run, right? You have to know and train yourself before you can effectively help others. Am I wrong in this perception?

I try to live life seeing others as mirrors of myself, and treat them as I would like to be treated...but after a year's worth of research (with the L/L books being my first stepping stones into this brave new world) and seeing with my own eyes, magical, time-sensetive "coincidences" happen, I know it is all real. I'm polarizing to the service to others, and I can feel the confidence and strength of the Creator flowing through me at times, but I'm hesitant to further my psychic training if the mere development of these powers is...well, evil. Or is my perception of service-to-self being evil misinterpreted?

In my opinion it is the opposite of that, if fear is what you are feeling then you have closed your mind, you cling to that separation that that path will not lead back to the One. But they all do... and power is much different then we can perceive, all are worthy to have it and the choice on how to use it is what is polarizing.

Q'uo Special Meditation February 12, 2006
An excerpt on the adept/seeker of the one and the gaining of spiritual power.
Quote:Discontent and worry is the one perturbation that will most effectively destroy the energy of light. Consequently, as you work to be more and more comfortable within your own skin, you are not being selfish. You are not taking too much time for yourself. You are, rather, working in service to the Creator and to others by clearing your own energy system. It is not selfish to do this work but rather of service to others.

It is a very difficult tangle within the mind to many service-to-others oriented entities to be able to set aside the time and the attention for oneself that is indeed needed for you to keep clear and useful and an instrument for spirit. Nevertheless, you may have to take that time, five minutes at a time, around the edges of the busy day. But we assure that if you choose those five minutes carefully and if you pour yourself into those five minutes, you shall create magic aplenty. You shall not run out of time, for you can do much in a small space, magically speaking.

You are attempting to take that which your culture has taught you is worthless: your thoughts, your feelings, your hunches, and your intuition and to glean from them the information that your culture has not respected or honored. In doing so, you are bereft of the tools comfortable to one who deals with the mind. For in doing magical work or in attempting to create one’s focus for being increasingly magical you are moving constantly to move from head to heart and from thinking to knowing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second let me mention that there is indeed a power which is had on both paths, yet the essence of this is much different.

Quote:That which is magical within you awaits your choice. Let us look then at the nature of the choice before you and the resources with which you meet it.

In each moment your choice is to accept yourself as the self that your culture and your environment suggest that you are or to accept yourself as something far more articulated. It may seem grandiose to those who like the idea of being powerless and without responsibility in any ethical sense. To those who are thirsty for the one infinite Creator, it seems a positive blessing to be pulled forward by the desire to seek. Those who wish to become more than they know are those who would choose to become co-creators with the forces placed into motion at the time of birth.

Quote:[quote]When you choose to accelerate the pace of your spiritual evolution, you are activating a magical portion of yourself. That is the nature of your choice. It is perfectly all right to choose to rest and refrain from the practice of the recognition of the power of your own being. When you have gathered your strength and wish to step forward upon your journey, you are indeed the fool. Whether or not you feel that you need baggage, you pick up your self, your energies and your intentions and you leave the familiar safe and sheltered valley of your past understanding.

Quote:[quote]We assure you that, in the process of forming the intention, at each moment that you form such an intention to seek and to serve the one infinite Creator, to heighten your devotion to the one infinite Creator, or to increase your passion for developing your will in order to maximize your service to the Creator, you have done work that, in a magical sense, is highly polarizing regardless of the actual outcome of your intention.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally service to self oriented catalyst or events or lessons are the ones which greatly increase the opposite choice which is service to others.

Ra Session 97 of the Law of One September 15, 1982
Quote:I am Ra. There was a serious pain flare. We may now continue.

The nature of polarity is interesting in that those experiences offered to the Significator as positive frequently become recorded as productive of biases which may be seen to be negative, whereas the fruit of those experiences apparently negative is frequently found to be helpful in the development of the service-to-others bias. As this is perhaps the guiding characteristic of that which the mind processes and records, these symbols of polarity have thusly been placed.

You may note that the hands of the central image indicate the appropriate bias for right and left-hand working; that is, the right hand gestures in service-to-others, offering its light outward. The left hand attempts to absorb the power of the spirit and point it for its use alone.
http://www.lawofone.info/images/tarot5.jpg (the negative catalyst offered as fruit symbolized as the small black being to the right hand side of the entity within third density to accentuate his chosen path, and vice versa if he chooses the left hand path)
Wow, I'm honestly overwhelmed with the support of this community. Never have I been on a forum that responded so quickly with numerous, meaningful/helpful opinions. It's so great to know other people are living this life. I mean, I read there are others, and sometimes I meet them through random "chance", but I've never had a "homebase," per se, where there are consistently others around that can answer these kinds of questions. Much love to all of you, my brothers, sisters.

I would also like to explore more the topic of ear tones and their possible function of the higher self telling you to call heed on a possible moment of polarization or a deeper lesson perhaps if you look at the context of the moment... they're hard to describe since they rely on intuitive impressions and past experiences... I guess? Confused I believe I remember reading something on the matter in book V of Ra, but I'd love to hear Q'uo's take on it. Are the channelings of Q'uo written down like Ra? Is it nearly as extensive even?
Here's something I've brought together on someone's request and I guess it fits here too...

Volumes I II III IV=old channelings (Fourth density understanding I think) starts with 1956.
http://www.llresearch.org/origins/origins_toc.aspx
Volume I offers quick and clean prerequisite material designed to sharply spark the interest of the new seekers because it was the beginnings.
Volume II offers the continuation with more information beginning to describe and outline the nature of man.
Volume III is most informative of man's current situations with a lot of various sessions going deeper into the nature of mystery which includes a lot of detailed information.
Volume IV I'm beginning to read now.
There are many entities in these four volumes which are unknown because they use no names, they identify themselves through vibration. Some entities I can state are Yom, Oxal, Hatonn, Sojan, Anthon off the top of my head which use names within this (a lot of entities don't use names).

http://www.llresearch.org/origins/origins_toc.aspx
Also under the same link there is a side by side with the volumes, three years in which Latwii begins to enter among those who offer the concepts to the seekers. Those compiled side archives are dubbed in the page "1958""1959" and "1960"

Also in the SAME link the link dubbed "Extraterrestrial Communication, Telepathy Data Collected by D. T. Elkins (English)" Contains even more older channel sessions with which to look at.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now there is so much more.. http://www.llresearch.org/library.aspx

Entering the library again there are a lot of links.

http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/tr..._year.aspx
This link is the sessions and transcripts from 1965 to 2010 which include SO much entities and I have not even read through it all, but I plan to.. These include Q'uo Aaron Oxal Hatonn Latwii Ariel and so many others which I can't even think of for example a entity I've never known called Monka and much much more. It is vast within this.

Within the library link you also have the Book of Days which has various channel sessions of entities I'm not familiar with.

Also there is this link http://www.llresearch.org/newsletters/ne..._year.aspx Which comprises 1982 to 2009 with sessions which have RED topic headings to explain the material within each one.

And of course we have the Ra material http://www.lawofone.info/ with all 106 sessions.

It is said there are 1500 or so channeling sessions and I hope I at least encompassed some of these here.
Ok everyone, there has been a significant interest in how many of us are experiencing "tones" and tinnitus in the ears, amongst other upper body conditions. Some of you may or may not have realized that a similar thread has already been created, located here:

http://bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=577

I merged the relevant "tone" posts from this thread into the other thread, which you are free to continue reading and contributing to.

Thanks for understanding that it would be best to keep this area on topic, which is originally entitled, "Fear and Self-Service".

Thanks,
Steve