Bring4th

Full Version: Do we "think" or "channel" thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we think of our own free will?
Or are we "puppets" who only receive information from other dimensions/planes of existence?
idk. but here's a relevant excerpt from Jim's blog post from today:

Quote:In 101 tonight Carla began to talk about channeling and said, "Before I discuss formal channeling, I wish to offer, front and center, the Confederation insistence that we are all channels, all the time. We are all living channels through which something shall pass whenever we open our mouths. Will our channel be filled with loving and helpful words when we speak? It is always our choice." That is the foundation of our being. We all channel our lives with every choice that we make and every word that we utter.
My friend thinks that makes us a puppet, and he says that he's no puppet.
Good for him, he gets to think he's definitely not a puppet. Ignorance is bliss.

I can't help but consider the possibility that I may be one.

http://www.cnet.com/news/free-will-may-b...tudy-says/
Sometimes I think Why oh Why did I take the red pill, and tumble down the rabbit hole?
This was what my friend said:

Based on what you have told me yesterday, somewhere, in a parallel universe, there is a unicorn inside my body who is eating my heart and it's all because that thought was placed into my mind by some sort of external, uncontrollable force. Of course, since I possess something called a brain which has an imagination, that's exactly where that random thought came from. I am absolutely NOT a puppet.
Unless you thoughts can exist outside of Infinity, yes all we do is channel.

Whether we truly have any choice is another matter altogether.

Tell your friend that he is as much a puppet as he wants to perceive himself as such. I do hope he will have a dream of the unicorn thing making it true for your next conversation.
Right, cause the hardware creates all the software, brains = freedom, yeah?

I think we 'channel' ourselves, if we are a puppet, it is to ourselves.
(05-19-2015, 02:16 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Tell your friend that he is as much a puppet as he wants to perceive himself as such.

I think we're a puppet to our thoughts, whether we perceive it or not. It's not as much as we perceive. It's total.
We don't truly have free will. Otherwise I could tap into intelligent infinity now and fly away.
(05-19-2015, 02:21 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]I  think we 'channel' ourselves, if we are a puppet, it is to ourselves.

I don't even know the word to describe this. Is it a tautology?

It seems so counter-intuitive. Hah. Being a puppet to ourselves.

Unless you're referring to out future self in a higher density?
(05-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2015, 02:21 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]I  think we 'channel' ourselves, if we are a puppet, it is to ourselves.

Quote:In this way you may see your self, your higher self or Oversoul, and your mind/body/spirit complex totality as three points in a circle. The only distinction is that of your time/space continuum. All are the same being.

I mean that energy moves along the circle between ourselves. Our body and identity here is just one of the 'receiving stations' for the intelligent energy that makes up our being.
(05-19-2015, 02:35 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]

Quote:In this way you may see your self, your higher self or Oversoul, and your mind/body/spirit complex totality as three points in a circle. The only distinction is that of your time/space continuum. All are the same being.

I mean that energy moves along the circle between ourselves. Our body and identity here is just one of the 'receiving stations' for the intelligent energy that makes up our being.

Great, how can I explain that in layman's terms to my atheist friend?
(05-19-2015, 02:37 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2015, 02:35 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]

Great, how can I explain that in layman's terms to my atheist friend?

I don't think you'll find these kind of ideas compatible with his. The fact is that most view it that the brain, the physical aspect, is the thing that produces thought, consciousness and the experience of self. The notion of mind beyond brain isn't generally accepted in scientific thinking.
Ask him how it being not true still does not make him a puppet of the physical reality.
(05-19-2015, 12:48 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Do we think of our own free will?
Or are we "puppets" who only receive information from other dimensions/planes of existence?

Personally, I don't think it is an "either/or" scenario.

There is certainly a momentum to your thoughts, and the impetus to think the next thought in the swing of momentum can be variously strong or weak.  The more strong it is, the less choice you have about whether you think it or not.  This momentum of thought you might call "karma".  Like if a car was in neutral and it started rolling downhill, it would be relatively easy to stop it, but once it has gathered momentum, you can't easily stop it at the bottom of the hill.  So, you only have access to thoughts within your vibrational range.  A good analogy would be "field of view".  When you walk into a room, you have a range of things you can see and choose from.  It is the same way in the realm of mind.  What thoughts you've been thinking, determines what thoughts you have access to.  

In the absence of momentum, you have more awareness, and more free will.  You can't make a choice you are not aware of, so the more conscious you are, the "broader the view" of available thoughts to choose from.  But honestly, it may surprise you to hear that I think free will is overrated.  Consider, for a moment, that for there to be absolute free will there has to be an equal likelihood or probability of choosing amongst all thoughts, else the choice was not truly free.  Now I ask you, at that point, what is the difference between that and randomness?  The answer: none whatsoever.

So do you see how the more free will you have, the less the choices actually matter?  In absolute free will, there is no preference or desire, so the choices are arbitrarily randomized outpourings of creative force.

Therefore, I am content to be the particular exploration of the creator that I am.  You can do anything you desire to do, for the most part, but what you desire to do is just the play out of momentum from what was started by the creator (of which we are extensions of).  And I am okay with that, because at least in our personal reality of conditions, what you achieve has meaning for you, unlike the absolute free will condition, where the conscious choices have absolute power of expression, but are essentially totally detached from any importance attributed to them.
(05-19-2015, 07:11 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2015, 12:48 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]Do we think of our own free will?

Personally, I don't think it is an "either/or" scenario.

There is certainly a momentum to your thoughts, and the impetus to think the next thought in the swing of momentum can be variously strong or weak.  The more strong it is, the less choice you have about whether you think it or not.  This momentum of thought you might call "karma".  Like if a car was in neutral and it started rolling downhill, it would be relatively easy to stop it, but once it has gathered momentum, you can't easily stop it at the bottom of the hill.  So, you only have access to thoughts within your vibrational range.  A good analogy would be "field of view".  When you walk into a room, you have a range of things you can see and choose from.  It is the same way in the realm of mind.  What thoughts you've been thinking, determines what thoughts you have access to.  

In the absence of momentum, you have more awareness, and more free will.  You can't make a choice you are not aware of, so the more conscious you are, the "broader the view" of available thoughts to choose from.  But honestly, it may surprise you to hear that I think free will is overrated.  Consider, for a moment, that for there to be absolute free will there has to be an equal likelihood or probability of choosing amongst all thoughts, else the choice was not truly free.  Now I ask you, at that point, what is the difference between that and randomness?  The answer: none whatsoever.

So do you see how the more free will you have, the less the choices actually matter?  In absolute free will, there is no preference or desire, so the choices are arbitrarily randomized outpourings of creative force.

Therefore, I am content to be the particular exploration of the creator that I am.  You can do anything you desire to do, for the most part, but what you desire to do is just the play out of momentum from what was started by the creator (of which we are extensions of).  And I am okay with that, because at least in our personal reality of conditions, what you achieve has meaning for you, unlike the absolute free will condition, where the conscious choices have absolute power of expression, but are essentially totally detached from any importance attributed to them.

How did you get to be so smart?
(05-19-2015, 08:35 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]How did you get to be so smart?

By first being very dumb. Wink
My take on this basically boils down to saying both are true. This body is the medium through which my larger self expresses itself in three-dimensionality. This entire body could be seen as one "organ" in a much larger multidimensional system. The body's actions and behaviors reflect those of the higher self, but are still unique to this plane because of the heavily-distorted nature of life on earth.

Somewhat like how my liver is "mine" but it still does its own thing without the need for direct guidance from me.

The body is a puppet, but it's MY puppet. The thoughts in my head are mine, but they don't necessarily originate in this head, on this plane, because my larger self is so much bigger than this particular chunk of flesh. Some tbought-forms originate in the body, inspired by the bodily experiences, while others originate on the other side of the veil.

ALL of this is "me," and at the moment I see one of my own main challenges as being the further integration of these multiple points of view into a single cohesive experience-of-being.

I don't understand.  A Puppet is in a sense a powerless being who is controlled.

We are not powerless nor are we controlled.

Your friend is an atheist, but has asked you try and explain these concepts to him?  Or, has listened to them and offered some interesting feedback.

Ask him if he thinks his brain is the only network of neural activity inside of him.  Ask him if he knew that the Heart and Stomach have their own nervous systems that interact independently.  The Heart even forms first before the Brain in the Womb, that's how integral it's nervous system is.

Through that system, or the full integrated nervous system that travels along the spine, there is an unseen invisible energy (as in legitimate invisible concentration of energy) along the spine at various points and heading up into the brain then the top of the head (with the top being equally associated with totality and not just an energy center)

Now with that in mind, ask him if he thinks consciousness comes just from the brain, then with this new knowledge, ask him if it's closer to consciousness comes from the Brain, Heart, and Stomach since they're all connected by a nervous system and thus together make up the mind which he probably perceives as consciousness.

So then, is it really farfetched to say, at the groin, then the stomach, then midabdomen, then chest, then throat, then forehead, then top of head, that these are where invisible energy centers are that distort how your consciousness views consensus reality, and that consciousness is in itself bodyless and mindless, with the Mind and Body being tacked on portions to a Consciousness, but not that which makes Consciousness, but rather Consciousness makes the body through utilizing the Indigo Ray (Pineal Gland Chakra) to formulate the various bodies that come together to create the 'body' that the soul uses in incarnations or work in consciousness.

Ask your friend to prove how helium is a flame retardant, or why water heats up (why, not how.)  His atheist science can fail him.  Where it does, he's welcome to look at the Law of One Philosophy to fill in the blanks in a faithful scientific sense (I did, and it worked very well).  Or he's welcome to continue being as he will be.  Just ask him to try and approach this material with an open mind, before immediately rejecting it.  He may find some things match up with his reality in ways he can't explain (I did) until he starts looking into it to discover another universe exists just around the reality he has always perceived (I know I did) and discovers that coincidences aren't (I know I did...Which led me to some...Sad truths about my past)

-
As for Self-Channeling thoughts, back when I was performing work in consciousness I truly do believe I began self-channeling my own guides without actually knowing it, and when my ego came in to ponder if the entity was real or not I would break the connection, which would lead me to think it was just myself talking to myself.

But truly looking back.  At the conversations, the oddities of personalities I talked to.  How the female guide was incredibly loving and patient but sincere and enjoyed answering questions, with the male being incredibly wise but stern and blunt but more charged requiring deeper openness, the third just perfect from the one time I talked to it...

...But also, all but three of those discussions I was impaired enough to be in a trance like state.  And the female guide was the only one I talked to while sober, so the others, as far as society cares, were hallucinations (which I just don't agree with.  It wasn't me speaking to myself in my mind, I truly perceived the voice that was my own as coming from another who had no ill-intentions towards me.)

I think we can channel other personalities through ourselves by simply being open and receptive with a clearly directed intent (of course, I also don't know basically anything about channeling), and I think we are, as Isis quoted, constantly channeling our manifest reality through ourselves (an aspect of the Law of Attraction as I understand it.)

So, I think your friend provides you very good catalyst to being open and forgiving of judgmental behavior.  Have you introduced him to the forum yet? Tongue
I feel that the 2nd density physical vehicle is at the behest of the 3rd/4th density consciousness, comprised of the various interconnecting/interdependent factors which are requisite for synthesizing psychological distortions on a fuller spectrum (e.g. emotions, preconceived notions regarding identity and universal relationship, expectations, experiential scopes of reference, memories, degree of awareness, etc.). The outer projections and inner generations of the 3rd/4th density consciousness are further informed by one's Higher Self (i.e. future dimensional version of self which paradoxically exists parallel), receiving existential archetypal and experiential colorization of the circumstantial attributes perceived throughout one's incarnation. Delving deeper, all manifest beings which taut sentience are extensions of the singular manifesting Being which formulates omnisentience which Itself is derived from infinite intelligent energy which funnels thatself through the Itself, begetting absolute animation and dimension-specific sensory phenomenon as well as the bubbles of awareness which interface and perceive each facet of the Cosmos in correlation to the region each spirit node is embedded within. So, in a sense, our idea and experience of free will is resultant from the interplay of free will from varied standpoints acting out in background arenas of consciousness.

Mind, consciousness and thought, or the "3 principles" offers another angle of approach GW.